Rain washes out the 1st ODI between West Indies and India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waseem

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
West Indies Squad
JO Holder*, D Bishoo, JL Carter, RL Chase, ML Cummins, SD Hope†, AS Joseph, E Lewis, JN Mohammed, AR Nurse, KOA Powell, R Powell, KOK Williams

India Squad
V Kohli*, R Ashwin, S Dhawan, MS Dhoni†, RA Jadeja, KM Jadhav, KD Karthik, Kuldeep Yadav, B Kumar, Mohammed Shami, HH Pandya, RR Pant, AM Rahane, UT Yadav, Yuvraj Singh

I am supporting our West Indies brethren here :viv

Smash the Indians and push them into the abyss of uncertainty. Inflict pain upon them :akhtar

I am supporting our West Indies brethren here :viv

Smash the Indians and push them into the abyss of uncertainty. Inflict pain upon them :akhtar

Great service to Indian team. Remain indebted to West Indian if it happens. :))
Need to get rid of Dhoni,Yuvi,Ashwin and Jadeja from ODIs. :(

Wow these lads have had no breathing space. They just played a high-pressure final 5 days ago, then flew all the way to the Carribean, got over the 5 hour time difference between the UK and the Carribean and then got ready for meaningless match against 9th ranked Windies in the space of 5 days. This is crazy. No wonder cricketers are dropping like flies these days with injury.

What if India had won the CT? These boys would have had no time to celebrate or even return to their motherland as heros because money hungry BCCI wanted them to fly over to the Carribean. :facepalm:

Could have tried new players but no.

Its clear Selectors see MSD and Yuvraj in 2019 squad. They will be 37 and 38 at that time.

Shame on them for not trying out Pant. This was a great opportunity to test him and give him a long leash. Pant is the kind of batsman that the Indian team is missing. He could accelerate from the 1st ball.

Stubborn selection of the squad. India deserves humiliation.

If India wins 5-0, it means Yuvraj and MSD are not going anywhere. No chance for youngsters.

If India loses, its never a good thing for fans.

I am totally stuck between the above 2.

Its clear Selectors see MSD and Yuvraj in 2019 squad. They will be 37 and 38 at that time.

Shame on them for not trying out Pant. This was a great opportunity to test him and give him a long leash. Pant is the kind of batsman that the Indian team is missing. He could accelerate from the 1st ball.

Stubborn selection of the squad. India deserves humiliation.

Maybe Indian selectors ko Pant pasand nahi. Maybe they like shorts :))

On a serious note, i have been saying this since the first match of CT. Yuvraj singh is not the same player anymore. He will be a liability for Indian team and lose crucial games for India. Dhoni still has something to offer in the form of his wk and advice to Kohli. Yuvraj should be dropped with immediate effect.

India needed time to regroup and rethink after CT final.

Instead the WI squad was announced during the CT and the players only had a 5 day break from the final.

Add to that the situation with Kumble and its not an ideal backdrop to this WI series.

However I still expect India even with all those issies to beat WI.

India needed time to regroup and rethink after CT final.

Instead the WI squad was announced during the CT and the players only had a 5 day break from the final.

Add to that the situation with Kumble and its not an ideal backdrop to this WI series.

However I still expect India even with all those issies to beat WI.

A win here will mask the deficiencies of this middle order.

Despite the final defeat and this being a low profile series against unexciting opposition, there's still a contingent of Indian fans at the ground.

Respect, a very loyal fanbase.

Holder's been allowing India too many easy singles.

Nurse bowling tripe, here comes Bishoo.

If Rahane scores tons of runs against this WI popgun attack, I wonder what will happen when Rohit comes back.

Rahane struggles in middle order. Opening is his only chance.

Wow these lads have had no breathing space. They just played a high-pressure final 5 days ago, then flew all the way to the Carribean, got over the 5 hour time difference between the UK and the Carribean and then got ready for meaningless match against 9th ranked Windies in the space of 5 days. This is crazy. No wonder cricketers are dropping like flies these days with injury.

What if India had won the CT? These boys would have had no time to celebrate or even return to their motherland as heros because money hungry BCCI wanted them to fly over to the Carribean. :facepalm:

It's just a 6-7 hours flight from UK -- not a biggie. 4 hour time difference I think. It's like going to Hawaii from NYC. Land there, go to the beach, take it easy.

These are professional cricketers -- shouldn't be an issue at all.

And going back to "motherland" after winning?! Really, could you make it any more melodramatic?!

Despite the final defeat and this being a low profile series against unexciting opposition, there's still a contingent of Indian fans at the ground.

Respect, a very loyal fanbase.

Cricket-starved desi junta in the US. It's easy to fly to the Caribbean, watch some cricket, relax on the beach -- enjoy a nice little break.

I'm sure they'd have booked their tickets in advance. Nothing to do with what happened in the CT final. I know the Pakistanis would like to frame the CT final as some sort of an life-changing event (may it is for the Pakistanis), but the Indians (both fans and cricketers) have already moved on.

We're more interested in the Kumble / Kohli drama at this point! :)

350 coming at least........

As I write, looks like Rahne is out - that increases the chance of 350 :(

Jeff Dujon calling Kohli the "Prince of India." LOL.

Jeez, do people believe everything they see / read in the media?!

Maybe Indian selectors ko Pant pasand nahi. Maybe they like shorts :))

On a serious note, i have been saying this since the first match of CT. Yuvraj singh is not the same player anymore. He will be a liability for Indian team and lose crucial games for India. Dhoni still has something to offer in the form of his wk and advice to Kohli. Yuvraj should be dropped with immediate effect.

We can't have that much flexibility with India/BCCI. Either both Yuvaraj & Dhoni will go, or both will stay This is about seniority/political issue beyond cricketing senses! Pakistan suffered due to this. I am sure you would not have crossed even semifinals, if Afridi, Younis, etc, were still around! (Check previous cases - CTs, T20 WC) Pakistan fortunately came out of the shell at the right time and had a perfect team to play (still I think Shoaib Malik is not required). This is the disease with Indian and Pakistan team. Hence we will always be behind teams like Australia in spite of immense talent. Sri Lanka is much better in this regard, their seniors have always been graceful in quitting and giving way to youngsters (Look at how classy way Mahela & Sangakkara retired at their prime. Even Arjuna, Aravinda, Vaas, etc, in their past set good examples!) Give Srilanka the kind of infrastructure & professional resources that India gets, I am sure they will excel into a top team!

Cricket-starved desi junta in the US. It's easy to fly to the Caribbean, watch some cricket, relax on the beach -- enjoy a nice little break.

I'm sure they'd have booked their tickets in advance. Nothing to do with what happened in the CT final. I know the Pakistanis would like to frame the CT final as some sort of an life-changing event (may it is for the Pakistanis), but the Indians (both fans and cricketers) have already moved on.

We're more interested in the Kumble / Kohli drama at this point! :)

Haha there's no needling about CT Final. I believe in humility in victory :inzi

WI attack looking toothless. India looking set for 300 plus here.

Sheesh, Miguel Cummins. How many times are going to bowl on Dhawan's legs and with that short length ?!

Who's the other Indian commentator? I can't seem to place his voice. Thankfully no Sanjay Manjrekar -- his commentary is as dull and boring as was his batting.

Murali Karthik. Sounded like a noob and irritated Jeff Dujon with stupid questions.

Indian batsmen practicing their failed chase of CT Finals in this match facing the mighty West Indies to please their fans :))

Respect, a very loyal fanbase

ctKoPs9.gif

:broad

Looks like Villa Park or Stadium of Light after an hour :))

Man I'd like you more if you were as cosy with the Indians to Villa :)) but you're mistaken, they tend to grab a quick bite after that hour :yk3 all are season pass holders who will support regardless of the beatings day in day out.

These guys are a fair weather fans, will trash their team and run a way the moment going gets tough. They are only in the stands right now because 5 days was a small window to sell their tickets off hehe

Man I'd like you more if you were as cosy with the Indians to Villa :)) but you're mistaken, they tend to grab a quick bite after that hour :yk3 all are season pass holders who will support regardless of the beatings day in day out.

These guys are a fair weather fans, will trash their team and run a way the moment going gets tough. They are only in the stands right now because 5 days was a small window to sell their tickets off hehe

To be fair Anfield was like that pretty regularly a couple of seasons ago :))

Dhawan denied his century.

Plumb LBW. Why would Dhawan review that? And why didn't Kohli ask him to walk and not waste the review?

An abject surrender sobfar by WI India for the sake of TV audience should have made whole sale changes like

Rahane
Pandey
Kohli
Tiwary
Yuvraj
Ojha
Jadhav
Pandya
Ushant
Yadav
Bumrah

Still they will 0-5 but at least it will be competitive

This is the period that India struggles to accelerate.

Overs 30-43, India barely scores at 5 RPO. Then accelerates in the last 7 overs by scoring 70 or 80 runs.

All of this means India will only score 310-320 at best and not 350.

Last 5 overs, 19 runs.

Shows the need of Pandya or Pant at this position after the start India got.

Lmao didn't even know there was a match today and why are we playing our full strength team ,typical nonsense.

You are getting it wrong. These guys who left the stadium that day early are currently watching india play in the stadium. They wanted to reach here as early as possible. :inti

:)) Maybe you're onto something, plus they are all kind of fat as well would take a while to make it to the airport given how slow they walk and all the Pakistani's had blocked the roads as they celebrated the CT win :afridi [MENTION=141922]ExpressPacer[/MENTION]

Last edited:
If this series wasn't a non-event already, here comes the rain.

Got to respect [MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION] appetite for cricket, he rarely misses out on any action; I think he mostly ignores the contests involving low ranked teams though like Ireland v Afg or BD v Afg etc :))

Am just here hoping and praying for WI's to pull off a win, but am subdued because I know we often need a miracle to cross the finish line :(

Got to respect [MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION] appetite for cricket, he rarely misses out on any action; I think he mostly ignores the contests involving low ranked teams though like Ireland v Afg or BD v Afg etc :))

Windies are my second team. I pay close attention to their forum and their series.

Still hoping for a Caribbean resurgence but at this rate in a few years even Afghans may overtake them.

I meant unchanged. Surely they have to drop atleast Yuvi!

Stupid selectors. Everyone can see the writing on the wall when it comes to UV and MSD except selectors. They think these 2 have a lot to offer even in 2019.

Someone should tell selectors that MSD has been pretty much a passenger in Indian ODI team since 2014. He should ideally bat at 7 or 8. He can't even slog effectively now. Just hanging by past laurels.

At the moment, I would even pick Parthiv Patel over MSD in ODI's. Patel can slog a few and does not waste deliveries.

Have to feel for guys like Iyer, Pandey(injured), Pant, Hooda, Krunal etc

Stupid selectors. Everyone can see the writing on the wall when it comes to UV and MSD except selectors. They think these 2 have a lot to offer even in 2019.

Someone should tell selectors that MSD has been pretty much a passenger in Indian ODI team since 2014. He should ideally bat at 7 or 8. He can't even slog effectively now. Just hanging by past laurels.

At the moment, I would even pick Parthiv Patel over MSD in ODI's. Patel can slog a few and does not waste deliveries.

Have to feel for guys like Iyer, Pandey(injured), Pant, Hooda, Krunal etc

Parthiv is stretching it,we need to get Pant or Samson. Hooda will not make it,looks terrible.

Nowadays, matches in Trinidad always seem to get rained out. And their drainage system is now the worst in the Caribbean.

Rain Rain go away, don't deprive the WI's of an easy win :afridi

It's nice watching India play

Being a pak fan

But you have to admire the talent,However what remains the same for India is its a sin to play 3 Fast bowlers,I like watching these new players come up even rahane played well today

Yuvi
MSD
Ashwin

These are past it

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Pandey
Rahul
Jadav
Pant
Hardik