RBS Twenty/20 Cup | Day 6 Matches Thread | 05/Mar/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khalid Latif may have horrible footwork but he seems to clearly have some ability! I thought he was more impressive than shahzaib.

murphyslaw79 said:
VILLAGE ball, followed by a village hoik by Sarfraz.

VILLAGE CRICKET ALL ROUND
Welcome to Pak domestics.

Very good captaincy by Sami. First he sent all those players of his team who have chance to make it to the national team i.e. Shahzaib, Latif and Sarfraz.

sarfraz struggling against village bowlers with zero pressure on him

Sledger said:
Welcome to Pak domestics.

Dont watch if you think it is not up to standard. Not any worse than domestic cricket anywhere else.

Alam_dar said:
Very good captaincy by Sami. First he sent all those players of his team who have chance to make it to the national team i.e. Shahzaib, Latif and Sarfraz.

i disagree. thats bad captaincy to send sarfraz ahead of players like fawad and ghani. patthetic

village shot, followed by a village effort by the fielder, followed by a village throw back.

my my my, alot of village cricket being played.

Ali Raja said:

WTH do u mean by Village Bowlers?

umarf76 said:
Dont watch if you think it is not up to standard. Not any worse than domestic cricket anywhere else.

chill buddy, just pointing out the obvious.

we can watch and comment on whatever we want.

Sarfraz thinks he's Moin Khan with that sweep.. top edged away.

sarfraz should be a big no-no for t20's and odis. but looking at the keepers in this tournament, i can understand why he is the next best after akmal.

After looking at Serfraz's bating ability and Humayoon farhat as a whole, Kami is the only suitable keeper/batsman to represent pakistan.

tauseefm said:
After looking at Serfraz's bating ability and Humayoon farhat as a whole, Kami is the only suitable keeper/batsman to represent pakistan.

compared to these guys akmal is gilchrist and sangakkara in one.

HUUUGE hit down the ground from Latif - score moves to 105.

so far in this tournament, dolphins have scored 228 runs in 18 overs app for the loss of 5 wickets. WOW!!!!

Ali Raja said:
sarfraz should be a big no-no for t20's and odis. but looking at the keepers in this tournament, i can understand why he is the next best after akmal.

Ditto!

Saving Boom Boom for the potential Final against Sialkot

Ali Raja said:
compared to these guys akmal is gilchrist and sangakkara in one.
True, Humain to us ki puja kerni chyia yeh sub dakhnay kay bad :(

That wasn't middled at all by Latif but since it's a small ground, he's being made to look good. :)))

Game finished in style :six

Magnificant preformance by KD

sending a warning out to the other 3 teams left

Afridi should get man of the match, for his lovely bowling spell, and of course, his hair.
Latif doesn't deserve it, even Boycott's grandmum could hit a six on this ground :D

Things will be much tougher for the 'Fins from here on out.

Bring on the Stallions!

Saturday

Semi 1 (1200GMT) Faisalabad Wolves :ajmal VS :akmal Lahore Lions
Semi 2 (1600GMT) Karachi Dolphins :afridi VS :malik Sialkot Stallions

Last edited by a moderator:
murphyslaw79 said:
semi final you mean.

yea but that i think will be the biggest game of the tourney

Last edited:
Finals will be Sialkot vs Lahore (like last time) most probably, or MAYBE if Karachi play out of their skins tomorrow and we get an Afridi special as expected, the finals will be Karachi vs Lahore. Don't really expect Faisalabad to defeat Lahore, although they won't go down without a fight either.

Exciting day tomorrow in the RBS T20.
Great discussing the match with everyone, specially Sledger and TalhaSyed :D It's 2.30am here lol, good night, see you tomorrow for the semis :D

Paradox said:
Finals will be Sialkot vs Lahore (like last time) most probably, or MAYBE if Karachi play out of their skins tomorrow and we get an Afridi special as expected, the finals will be Karachi vs Lahore. Don't really expect Faisalabad to defeat Lahore, although they won't go down without a fight either.

Exciting day tomorrow in the RBS T20.
Great discussing the match with everyone, specially Sledger and TalhaSyed :D It's 2.30am here lol, good night, see you tomorrow for the semis :D

Thanks :) You too :D I think i might have to miss tmrw :( but i will be logging in every half an hour or so on my mobi to check the score :) catch u then :)

very short tournament i must say. didnt like the format too much. 13 team are way to many. should have been around 8 teams, round-robin and then a final between the two top teams.

or maybe 6 teams are even better when the qualtiy of the players is so poor.

right guys im out of here. Got some mates coming over for dinner. I wont be able to watch the matches tmrw or on sunday but will be tuning in every now and then to check the score :)

Was great today speacily with Sledger, Paradox and Fawad (theres only one Shoaib Akhtar :p :)) )

Salaam all :)

TalhaSyed said:
Saturday

Semi 1 (1200GMT) Faisalabad Wolves :misbah VS :akmal Lahore Lions
Semi 2 (1600GMT) Karachi Dolphins :afridi VS :malik Sialkot Stallions

thats look better

i want to ask where is afridi younger brother ?

is he playing domestic cricket and why didn't he play today match

Paradox said:
That wasn't middled at all by Latif but since it's a small ground, he's being made to look good. :)))

stop talking BS. National Stadium is not a small ground. It is average size.

Ali Raja said:
very short tournament i must say. didnt like the format too much. 13 team are way to many. should have been around 8 teams, round-robin and then a final between the two top teams.

The structure of the tournament isn't too bad given how mainy useless teams there were in the first round - it only got interesting from the quarters onwards. Agree withthe fact that there are too many teams though..

Ali Raja said:

just tournament was just like nonsense nothing else..

I am 100% agree with you, it should 8 teams and prize money should be very high, and if we need to find a real talent then this tournament should be round-robin and then a semi final between the four top teams.

there is no need of two rounds like IPL, one robin round is enough, in this way u can also save pakistan cricket plus find a real talent.. this was too short and what a stupid format for domestic tournament.

this clearly shows we don't have smart people like india in our management... this clearly show how down we are managing our national things... what a shame.. i am sure if we ask to pakpassion.net management to handle our cricket they can handle 100 times better than this stupid pcb people.. what a shame.. they sucks in everything.. we are physically clearly very stronger than indians and we should have a team which should be very strong physical team than indians..

Karachi Dolphins VS Sialkot Stallions should be a heavyweight match

This years tourney was better ... all with new kits, logos, better dj in the stadia... if only they could improve the competitiveness and possibly 1 more venue..

Alam_dar said:

Still do u think Sarfraz(a luller player should have select for national team).. wow i can salute to your taste.. when i didn't watch him playing i wanted him into our team but now i watched him, his just joke for me

umarf76 said:
stop talking BS. National Stadium is not a small ground. It is average size.

The boundary has been put up a bit compared to international ODIs being played at the NSK I believe. And that shot wasn't middled, he wanted to smack it over the bowler's head for six since mid-on and mid-off were in the circle, got more elevation than distance but it still just managed to carry for six.

Ali Raja said:

look like norege people have so much sense than many others here..

i was thinking the same..

he is not even domestic material, o don't know how he got selected for national team.. even i didn't watch him i was his fan too and wanted him in team for kamran akmla after sydney test but i changed my mind and i can put my grandma instead of him in our national team, my grama will never try to sweep to 90 miles fast bowlers, i am sure she will play with some sense.

MajidBhuta-AamirFan said:
look like norege people have so much sense than many others here..

i was thinking the same..

he is not even domestic material, o don't know how he got selected for national team.. even i didn't watch him i was his fan too and wanted him in team for kamran akmla after sydney test but i changed my mind and i can put my grandma instead of him in our national team, my grama will never try to sweep to 90 miles fast bowlers, i am sure she will play with some sense.

He got selected because, believe it or not, he is the next best wicketkeeper-batsman in pakistan it looks like. from what i have seen the level of keepers are very bad. and they cant bat either. we have to be more grateful of kami :akmal

Sledger said:
The structure of the tournament isn't too bad given how mainy useless teams there were in the first round - it only got interesting from the quarters onwards. Agree withthe fact that there are too many teams though..

yes, but how many close and interestiing matches has there been so far? i think maybe 2 or 3. rest have been boring one-side affairs. i know semis and the final will be interesting, but isnt this tournament suppose to be our premium t20 tournament?

Well thats not got anything to do with the format, thats because teams have poorly distributed players. Example being Sialkot's who have almost all their star players as being non-Sialkotis, i.e Asif, Rana, Razzaq, Nazir. Then you have a team like Peshawar that has Umar Gul and that's about it; if the standard was higher then the tournament would be closer but the truth is Pakistan still don't produce a big enough pool of talent to have so many teams.

Sledger said:
Well thats not got anything to do with the format, thats because teams have poorly distributed players. Example being Sialkot's who have almost all their star players as being non-Sialkotis, i.e Asif, Rana, Razzaq, Nazir. Then you have a team like Peshawar that has Umar Gul and that's about it; if the standard was higher then the tournament would be closer but the truth is Pakistan still don't produce a big enough pool of talent to have so many teams.

i wish some big sponsers step into pak cricket same like india.. for for board for players and winning prize money and then team will try find good talent because of good prize money... i buy loterr every week if i win i will buy one of pak city team.. most probably S stallions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back