Remembering Moeen Akhtar

12cavalry

First Class Star
Runs
moin-akhtar2.jpg

inna lillah wa inna 'ilayhi raji'un

Last edited:
Inshallah his sins are forgiven and is given a place in junnah.
:(

Shocking. A true great of the comedy industry in Pakistan.

Inna Lilla Hi Wa Inna Illahi Rajiyoon.

inna lillah wa inna 'ilayhi raji'un.

Great performer.Awesome memories from PTV days.

Famous artist Moin Akhter passes away

pdated at: 1819 PST, Friday, April 22, 2011
KARACHI: Veteran television, stage and film artist Moin Akhter has died here on Friday, Geo News reported.

Moin Akhter was under treatment at Combined Military Hospital (CMH) due to heart disease.

Innalillah-e-wainna elayhe raajeyoon

He was a great actor and comedian.
This was not a good month for comedians.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon.

Extremely saddening news, one of the greatest actors of not just Pakistan but the world.

May Allah SWT grant him a place in Jannah and watch over his loved ones in hour of need.

He will be dearly missed and fondly remembered.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Loose talk legend! :(

May Allah grant him a place in Jannat.

Inna Lillahe Wa Inna Illayhe Rajioon

Great great great comedian. Legend has passed away. Some of his Loose Talk gems with Anwar Maqsood are on youtube.

A legend who will always be remembered forever!

I just uploaded this small package by Geo News on youtube!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XDOyQ9rgDuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S: Even though I selected it to be up in HD it still has it on 360p don't know why!

Last edited:
very good comedian always had good memories of him

May ALLAH grant him place in Jannah and give sabr to his family.
PTV days were great.

legend passed away, he will be missed :(

He Was Not Just Comedian he Was Anchor,Host,Actor, Director

His Lost Cannot be Fulfilled

Inna Lilla hi Wa Inna Ilayhi Ra'jioon

King Of Comedy. He was a great, great human being as well.

Huge, huge loss. May Allah SWT grant him a place in jannah.

He Was Not Just Comedian he Was Anchor,Host,Actor, Director

His Lost Cannot be Fulfilled

I remember I was about 10-11, he did a stage show in Dubai and called me on stage, was a great moment.

feeling so sad :(

May Allah forgive his sins and grant him place in jannah.

He was one of the most talented artist of Pakistan.

His colleagues are saying that he was looking after poor, poverty-stricken actors and their families and never bragged about that.

His jori with Anwar Maqsood was legendary.

I'm feeling sad, very sad. Suddenly I'm thinking about my childhood and the good old PTV days.

Moin Khan, one of my most favourite personality from Pakistan. A true legend and he will be dearly remembered.

May Allah swt grant him peace and a place in Jannat. Ameen.

Oh wow, shocking.

This man was a pure entertainer.

RIP.

I remember I was about 10-11, he did a stage show in Dubai and called me on stage, was a great moment.

feeling so sad :(

Oh Man So You Actually See him it so sadden just seeing the work he has done.......

The Aptitude

The Elegance

The Class

Pure Legend Act he Was

I wasn't a big fan of Pakistani channels and shows - but whenever I had the chance I would always watch loose talk as it always made me laugh, he was a fantastic performer.

4 Pakistani comedian actors have passed away in the past week or so, sad to be honest.

Last edited:
Really, really sad news. :(

RIP Moin Akhtar. What a legend.

What a huge loss!! :(

This is the fourth comedian who died in the past one month.

These are signs of the crappy times our country is going through. People who make us laugh are dying. While people who make us cry are becoming our rulers.

Moin Akhtar was a legend and will be sorely missed.

Inna illahi wa inna ilaihi rajioun

Moin Akhtar was one of the best comedians of the lot.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioon

May Allah Forgive his sins

A great actor, will always remember his acting in the first "Bakra Kiston Par"

Inna illahi wa inna ilaihi rajioun

May Allah rest his soul in eternal peace.

He was a Legend. A great Comedian

Very tragic news, he was easily one of the best actor in the world

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raajioon.

What a terrible loss.:(. Was one of my favorites. In fact, probably everyone's favorite. Awful to lose such a character like him.

Inna lilahi Va Inna Illaihi Raji'oon. Legendary actor and comedian with a strong personality. Will be missed immensely.

What a versatile actor and a very nice person. May Allah bless his soul in peace

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raajioon

What is going on?! So many comedians in such a short time span.

I remember watching him a few times and thought he was quite good.

May Allah (SWT) forgive him for his sins and bless him. :(

Inna lilahi Va Inna Illaihi Raji'oon.

A true legend. His Wah Wah Moin Akhtar remains my favourite stage show to date. :(

oh man what a legend he was.RIP
May his soul rest in eternal peace.

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Elaihi Raajeeoon.

May ALLAH (SWT) forgive his shortcomings, grant him a place in Jannah, and provide sabr to his family and loved ones to overcome this loss. Ameen!

Ameen to all the duas on this thread.

Pakistan has a lost one of its legend today - a great entertainer who put smiles on the faces of millions. Liaquat Soldier, Mastaana, Babu Baraal, and now Moin Akhtar all in a matter of weeks. May ALLAH (SWT) grant them all a place in Jannah and sabr to their respective families! Ameen!

Much more than a comedian, a true legend of Pakistani entertainment industry. Was loved by the masses, there won't be a single soul in Pakistan who will not be sad tonight.

Shocking news. May his soul RIP.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon

We've lost so many legends in a span of a few weeks.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon

We are loosing people who made us smile weekly . i literally have tears in my eyes as i type this . i know the word legend is overused on PP but this man was one of the true legends Pakistan had . I believe he held the record for playing the most characters in the word after Loose Talk .

Say Fatiha for him at least once guys . The GOLDEN ERA of PTV was due to people like him . I remember our tv dramas were popular all over the sub-continent . Anybody coming to India through UAE would be asked to bring Pakistani dramas with them .

Dramas like Rozee , Half Plate , Loose Talk ( remember the 2007 World Cup special ? ) Aangan Terha are classics

Allah un ko jannat bakhshaiN , un ki maghfirat karaiN aur un ke ghar waaloN ko sabr aur himmat daiN Ameen

Last edited:
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon.

We have lost four top comedians so fast.

[utube]tC2e3LsmiQo[/utube]

RIP.
He brought a lot of joy in the lives of people with his work. May he rest in peace.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E0XI9-AjeyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

his public service message regarding the road sense was nice.

Inna Lilla Hi Wa Inna Illahi Rajiyoon

A very Big loss to Pakistan and its people .

Remember he came to Saudi for Meena Bazaar at Half-Moon Bay sometime in the 90s.

First heard of him after watching him interview Imran Khan many years ago. Was extremely impressed by just that. Not seen any of his dramas or movies but a few of his interviews and was really impressed with his style of jokes, mannerisms and conduct.

So like many of you I am gutted, huge loss.

It's one of my saddest day! He was truly a LEGEND.

I m shocked, no words to explain my feelings :(

May Allah forgive him and grant him a place in Jaanah.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SG2kABS94ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did anyone watch this ? Umar Sharif was crying :(

^Yeah I saw that, very sad.

I was also interested to hear what Anwar Maqsood's reaction to this was, given how closely they have worked together over the years. But from what I hear Anwar Maqsood was too distraught to even talk. He had had dinner with Moin Akhtar just the night before and obviously didn't think it was the last time he'd ever see him. Really extremely sad.

Bushra Ansari has also worked with Moin Akhtar very closely (in fact with both him and Anwar Maqsood). She had this to say:

[utube]ZM-uK29C4Ns[/utube]

He was way too young! :(
RIP Moin Akhtar

You are gone but will not be forgotten

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon.

True Legend. One of the greatest Pakistani Actors of all time

May Allah forgive him and grant him Jannah

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raajioon.

One of the best performers Pakistan has ever produced when it comes to comedy...and yet he was a much better person than the performer. Had a previlage of meeting him a long time ago. Spent 5-10 minutes talking to him. What a gentleman, he was!!!

May Allah Forgive his sins.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raajeeon...

May Allah grant him Jannat-ul-Firdous, expand his grave for him, and give sabr to his family.

The best performer Pakistan has ever had and will have. He will be missed.

am shocked, sad, what a great loss. one of the greatest ever. wee will miss you moin

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un
We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return.

One of Legend in Pakistan entertainment industry, and will be greatly missed who always had brought us all the smiles in the very troubled times. May Allaah (SWT) forgives his sins, and grant him in Jannat, Ameen! And look after his family.

Ina lillahai wa innaillahi rajioon Very very sad He ws a Legendary comedian Pakistan will miss him!!

Oh my God this is sad news, I've just read it and I'm shocked! I remember watching him in some TV shows he appeared in on ARY when I still used to get that channel. I couldn't understand a word because I'm Italian and I couldn't (and still can't, unfortunately) understand Urdu, but still it was a pleasure to watch him because his expressions and general demeanour in those shows were so funny!!

May he rest in peace. Your art will always be there to cheer us up, thank you Moin.

Did you guys see his funeral videos on youtube or tv ? So many people turned up which just confirms his legendary status ! Must be in thousands . He was MASHALLAH a Hafiz e Qur'an as well .. Politicians , other icons of our industry , media , common people - i have never seen anything like it .

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qtqehWSGeEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back