[Report] Pakistan's T20 World Cup (non) performers set for a windfall!

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
As per a media report:

Each player stands to gain Rs1,674,336 in match fees, supplemented by a generous daily allowance exceeding Rs550,000. The International Cricket Council (ICC) will also distribute $247,500, approximately Rs70 million, among the 15 players and their management, equating to over Rs4.3 million each.

The players will receive an additional $62,308, around Rs17.5 million in total, for their two match victories, about Rs1.1 million per player.

These lucrative outcomes follow successful negotiations for the 2023-24 central contracts, where players secured a 3% share of ICC earnings, enhancing their monthly wages significantly.

Top players in Category A now earn Rs6.03 million monthly, with substantial increases also for other categories. Looking ahead, the 2024-25 and 2025-26 contracts promise further salary hikes from ICC shares, though the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is considering discontinuing this benefit.

The only guys who have earned their benefit is Abrar (you can’t blame him), Abbas and Amir. Naseem to some extent.

Everyone else should pay up.

Why would these guys try hard when they know that in the end they will get money no matter what happens.

PCB should be looking to develop some punishments as well.

As per a media report:

Each player stands to gain Rs1,674,336 in match fees, supplemented by a generous daily allowance exceeding Rs550,000. The International Cricket Council (ICC) will also distribute $247,500, approximately Rs70 million, among the 15 players and their management, equating to over Rs4.3 million each.

The players will receive an additional $62,308, around Rs17.5 million in total, for their two match victories, about Rs1.1 million per player.

These lucrative outcomes follow successful negotiations for the 2023-24 central contracts, where players secured a 3% share of ICC earnings, enhancing their monthly wages significantly.

Top players in Category A now earn Rs6.03 million monthly, with substantial increases also for other categories. Looking ahead, the 2024-25 and 2025-26 contracts promise further salary hikes from ICC shares, though the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is considering discontinuing this benefit.
This is mainly due to the stalemate Babar and Co. Had with PCB (headed by Zaka Ashraf) before traveling to the 2023 World Cup. They wanted to secure their money first before traveling. Inzimam played the role of double agent to get this done for the players. They really sucked the blood out of PCB with this one btw.

Tell me now, who is the villain? Zaka or these greedy, good for nothing cricketers lead by Babar Azam?

Pakistan has a history of not learning from its mistakes, so it doesn't surprise me.

Why are these details being shared in media.

Pakistani cricketers are underpaid compared to other international sides.

Yes they performed bad, but this scuritny related to pay needs to stop. This is just the boards way to justify to cut salaries and underpay them.

Such whining only takes place in subcontinent. In north aemrica sports, you can be bagging an 8 million contract and be sucking all season, but the onus of that contract is on the board and the player can only traded, but if the franchise signs a contract the franchise has to pay, they cant complain about performance. Either they pay or trade

S
This is mainly due to the stalemate Babar and Co. Had with PCB (headed by Zaka Ashraf) before traveling to the 2023 World Cup. They wanted to secure their money first before traveling. Inzimam played the role of double agent to get this done for the players. They really sucked the blood out of PCB with this one btw.

Tell me now, who is the villain? Zaka or these greedy, good for nothing cricketers lead by Babar Azam?

But anyone who has a job, he would offcourse demand his salary. Babar and co were not paid for months. Salaries are needes to run households, pay you parents medical bills, childrens school fees and other bills and groceries etc... plus pakistan having a high inflation rate means if you are not paid on time you miss out on investment.

Only a person not having a job will complain about babar asking for his pending salary to be paid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaka as he had overall authority.

So if he laid the law down and said ‘I ain’t paying up’, what would these players do?
The issue would had gone to the national assembly, and zaka would had been removed earlier and pcb could had been forced to pay salaries upon interest.

Pcb comes under the umbrella of the govt, this isnt some looney world

Why would these guys try hard when they know that in the end they will get money no matter what happens.

So if you do bad at your job, should your salary be stopped or delayed and your families be made to suffer?

Pending salaries are suppose tobe paid.
These cricketers have families and have to pay bills, medicals and children fees, to say that the pcb was right to not give their salaries on time is a really naive statement.

At the end of the day, these are salaries and not bonuses which alot of hyper fans cant differentiate. Performance is irrelevent, once a contract is signed you have to pay up

So if you do bad at your job, should your salary be stopped or delayed and your families be made to suffer?
No body will pay me if I am not doing my job what I am supposed to do brother. You want freebies???

No body will pay me if I am not doing my job what I am supposed to do brother. You want freebies???
You do get paid, if you have a contract

The only difference is you get paid and than get fired.

These contracts are salaries not bonuses. Once signed it doesnt matter whether you perform or not, you are suppose to be paid.

You do get paid, if you have a contract

The only difference is you get paid and than get fired.

These contracts are salaries not bonuses. Once signed it doesnt matter whether you perform or not, you are suppose to be paid.
You should read my post against bro. Where have I said that PCB should not pay any salary? Show me???

I said PCB should develop some punishment policies as well.

Let me know if you cannot understand what i said. I will explain more.

Yes they performed bad, but this scuritny related to pay needs to stop. This is just the boards way to justify to cut salaries and underpay them.

Such whining only takes place in subcontinent. In north aemrica sports, you can be bagging an 8 million contract and be sucking all season, but the onus of that contract is on the board and the player can only traded, but if the franchise signs a contract the franchise has to pay, they cant complain about performance. Either they pay or trade

Because this is how PCB operates.

Leaks are normal.

No PCB CEO/Chairman has been able to put a plug on these.

You should read my post against bro. Where have I said that PCB should not pay any salary? Show me???

It's a professional set-up.

Dropping a player from the team is punishment enough for him. You cannot have 'punishment' polices for under-performance, otherwise you'll need to off-set them with unprecedented benefits aswell.

Salaries should not be a part of this conversation.

and i have answered you in that context.

You cannot go around punishing a players for non performance, that is like having a draconian law in place.

PCB can drop and select any player they want..

You have clearly indicated your reservations with the salaries by saying, "Why would these guys try hard when they know that in the end they will get money no matter what happens."

Dropping a player from the team is punishment enough for him. You cannot have 'punishment' polices for under-performance, otherwise you'll need to off-set them with unprecedented benefits aswell.

exactly.

In NHL, i have seen players sign 10 million contracts and still suck in the whole season. Fans cant even dare to say that the player should be punished. THis is a subcontinent mindset of ghulami...

The issue would had gone to the national assembly, and zaka would had been removed earlier and pcb could had been forced to pay salaries upon interest.

Pcb comes under the umbrella of the govt, this isnt some looney world
What are you talking about? Which contract was signed between the players and PCB where they had to pay up ICC revenue share to players??

What are you talking about? Which contract was signed between the players and PCB where they had to pay up ICC revenue share to players??
"successful negotiations for the 2023-24 central contracts, where players secured a 3% share of ICC earnings, enhancing their monthly wages significantly."

These are professional cricketers. They need to get paid. Paying cricketers are not the problem, TV rights bring millions of dollars for PCB.

there should be accountability, but cutting salary of existing players is not a solution. If they are not good enough, then they should be replaced with more deserving players.

"successful negotiations for the 2023-24 central contracts, where players secured a 3% share of ICC earnings, enhancing their monthly wages significantly."

and i am the fool?
When were these contracts signed? Before or after the 2023 World Cup??

As per a media report:

Players should get paid for fairly for this 2023-24 cycle as per contracts. No need to create bad blood here. Hopefully Mr Chairman understands this as he has been and still is part of a big business.

They want to create more heat on social media and among fans. They know team is already down. But at the end players will get what was contracted. Only choice PCB has to make is do they want to drag this and create some bad blood. Or do they want to pay the legal share and be done with it.

You have clearly indicated your reservations with the salaries by saying, "Why would these guys try hard when they know that in the end they will get money no matter what happens."
You assumed yourself. Never said anything about not paying salaries etc.

Guys should know that if you fail there will be consequences, it could be anything. From getting dropped from the team to getting demotion in central contract.

got it?

If you are not doing your job. Your boss should fire you first. But he cannot stop a whole year's money that you both agreed upon a year ago just because your Boss is dissatisfied with your performance now.

Players are already getting enough benefits.

Demote the players who don't perform. Simple thing. No fuss about salaries will rise then.

Let me clarify for @Major ’s benefit because I think the only language he understands is Sui Gas or SNGPL

Anyhow,

1. The PCB and players entered a stalemate pre 2023 World Cup before the squad announcement and agreement to send the squad for the tour of India (World Cup).

1a. The players were unhappy at the PCB (headed by Zaka Ashraf) not adding a share of the ICC revenue in the central contracts of the players, as they felt it was their hard work that enables PCB to draw this cash. They wanted a share of it or they were not moving ahead.

2. The players used pressure applied by Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen as their front men to negotiate this on their behalf

2.b The players+PCB used Inzimam as the middle man for the negotiations, to mend the bridge between the players and the PCB.

3. The PCB announces a landmark contract deal for players ‘pre-world cup 2023’. Players satisfied and moved ahead to play the 2023 World Cup in India

4. The new PCB (headed by Mohsin Naqvi) have to pay out the players $64k per winning match in ICC events because of contracts signed under the chairmanship of Zaka Ashraf. They feel aggrieved because they are getting no productive results with Pakistan crashing out in the first round, but players are still getting massive paydays.

Here is the issue @Major

Where has anyone said the players shouldn’t be paid????

You assumed yourself. Never said anything about not paying salaries etc.

Guys should know that if you fail there will be consequences, it could be anything. From getting dropped from the team to getting demotion in central contract.

got it?
no need to be condescending.

Just admit you were wrong and move on instead of clutching straws here.

You made a comment on giving punishments and your first of the post clearly implied towards the salaries

Demotion and dropping of players has been happening for a long time. This is not a new phenomena.

Point being, salaries owned are to be paid up irrespect of a player making 10 centuries or 10 zeros

Let me clarify for @Major ’s benefit because I think the only language he understands is Sui Gas or SNGPL

Anyhow,

1. The PCB and players entered a stalemate pre 2023 World Cup before the squad announcement and agreement to send the squad for the tour of India (World Cup).

1a. The players were unhappy at the PCB (headed by Zaka Ashraf) not adding a share of the ICC revenue in the central contracts of the players, as they felt it was their hard work that enables PCB to draw this cash. They wanted a share of it or they were not moving ahead.

2. The players used pressure applied by Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen as their front men to negotiate this on their behalf

2.b The players+PCB used Inzimam as the middle man for the negotiations, to mend the bridge between the players and the PCB.

3. The PCB announces a landmark contract deal for players ‘pre-world cup 2023’. Players satisfied and moved ahead to play the 2023 World Cup in India

4. The new PCB (headed by Mohsin Naqvi) have to pay out the players $64k per winning match in ICC events because of contracts signed under the chairmanship of Zaka Ashraf. They feel aggrieved because they are getting no productive results with Pakistan crashing out in the first round, but players are still getting massive paydays.

Here is the issue @Major

Where has anyone said the players shouldn’t be paid????

Back in October 2023, players were not paid 5 months of there salaries. This is when Babar contacted the chairman, he didnt reply, and when Rashid Latif spilled the beans, Zaka Ashraf ended up leaking text msgs of Babar Azam.

Getting new contracts made and signed is not the job of an employee. Its the job of the employer. Infact, you cant even legally allow things to operate until and unless contracts have been signed.

Whatever the players were to demand, the PCB was required to sit down and discuss the contracts. Pakistani players being underpaid, had justification that they should get share from ICC revenue.

Just for context, Cricket Australia's gives 27.5% revenue-sharing deal with its centrally-contracted players, and the BCCI's 26%.

PCB was not ready to give 3% here.

Nice try spinning it to be a conspiracy, but the players only demanded what was their right and still got a low ball offer of 3%.

Doesnt matter what the results are, PCB has to pay and no can complain. Performance does not matter once a contract has been signed.

LOL
they should be paid 0, nothing nada.

Nice try spinning it to be a conspiracy, but the players only demanded what was their right and still got a low ball offer of 3%.

Where does it state it is their right? What are rights? Food, water, shelter, healthcare, education, civil protection and justice…that’s rights.

Where does it state it is a right for players to get ICC revenue share? Why hasn’t the PCB reimbursed the hundreds of players that have represented Pakistan over the decades if it is their ‘right’ to ICC revenue share??

These media reports reflect very poorly on the PCB. Its obvious that someone is leaking the salaries, just like they did for coaches and then other arrangements about players families staying in hotels. This is just to deflect the attention from either PCB or selection committee

Back in October 2023, players were not paid 5 months of there salaries. This is when Babar contacted the chairman, he didnt reply, and when Rashid Latif spilled the beans, Zaka Ashraf ended up leaking text msgs of Babar Azam.
How sure are you that Babar and players went to the PCB to get their salaries and not new deals with ICC revenue share??

Sums up the mindset of this country and the people running it.

Getting new contracts made and signed is not the job of an employee. Its the job of the employer. Infact, you cant even legally allow things to operate until and unless contracts have been signed.

Whatever the players were to demand, the PCB was required to sit down and discuss the contracts. Pakistani players being underpaid, had justification that they should get share from ICC revenue.

Just for context, Cricket Australia's gives 27.5% revenue-sharing deal with its centrally-contracted players, and the BCCI's 26%.

PCB was not ready to give 3% here.

Doesnt matter what the results are, PCB has to pay and no can complain. Performance does not matter once a contract has been signed.

Why weren't they paid for 5 months? That's crazy.

PCB is one of the top 5 richest boards.

That sounds a lot when written in PKR but I looked up and it's not much.

Top tier athletes of your premier sport making only 2 crore INR is nothing. Coders at Google Bangalore at L7 rank pull that much or 30 something partners at law firms in Delhi/Mumbai.

These players are lucky. In any foreign organizations players will be sacked when they don't perform but in Pakistan connection is more powerful than performances.

How much will senior players' salaries be cut following T20 World Cup debacle?

Cricket Board (PCB) has announced a decision to reduce the salaries of its senior players.

As reported by media outlets, the PCB is planning to cut the salaries of centrally contracted senior cricketers. However, there will be no change in their contract categories.

This decision has not been well-received by several prominent players of the PCT, who are unhappy with the drastic measure. There is also speculation that these players might hesitate to sign the central contracts for the 2024-25 period.

Players in the A category of the central contract may see their salaries reduced from 6 million to 4 million.

Additionally, the PCB has refused to issue No Objection Certificates (NOCs) to players participating in all three formats for franchise leagues. This move aims to manage player injuries and workload effectively.

SOURCE: https://tribune.com.pk/story/247961...laries-be-cut-following-t20-world-cup-debacle

How much will senior players' salaries be cut following T20 World Cup debacle?

Cricket Board (PCB) has announced a decision to reduce the salaries of its senior players.

As reported by media outlets, the PCB is planning to cut the salaries of centrally contracted senior cricketers. However, there will be no change in their contract categories.

This decision has not been well-received by several prominent players of the PCT, who are unhappy with the drastic measure. There is also speculation that these players might hesitate to sign the central contracts for the 2024-25 period.

Players in the A category of the central contract may see their salaries reduced from 6 million to 4 million.

Additionally, the PCB has refused to issue No Objection Certificates (NOCs) to players participating in all three formats for franchise leagues. This move aims to manage player injuries and workload effectively.

SOURCE: https://tribune.com.pk/story/247961...laries-be-cut-following-t20-world-cup-debacle
Lol. So Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen are still your Cat A players?

Another 4-5 years of mediocrity it seems

How is Rizwan a Category A player?

This is for players like Inzimam, Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Saeed Anwar, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Saqlain Mushtaq, Javed Miandad, Imran Khan, Waqar Younis.

The true legends, legit cricketers and superstars. How has Rizwan bagged this category for 3-4 years? How crap have we become as a cricket nation?

Wow this is such a stupid move to cut salaries.

These guys need to understand that players are not there for perpetuity but those positions are. Useless pontificating like earning a Pakistani cap is a reward in itself and all doesn't wash today. You need to motivate youngsters to work their behinds off to earn that green cap and bare minimum is to have a fantastic salary structure in place for contracted players.

A national contract that is lucrative will make players feel secure and give them space to work on their game than giving into the pressures and temptations of foreign leagues

If the PCB disallows Nocs for all format players, this will force players to retire from test cricket and maybe ODI Cricket, if the PCB decides to pursue this course of action then it has to reimburse the players for loss in earnings.

If the PCB disallows Nocs for all format players, this will force players to retire from test cricket and maybe ODI Cricket, if the PCB decides to pursue this course of action then it has to reimburse the players for loss in earnings.
PCB has to start building and nurturing its young bench rather than catering to these old seniors.
Let them do whatever they want, proper contracts should be designed to nourish the younger generation.

How is Rizwan a Category A player?

This is for players like Inzimam, Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Saeed Anwar, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Saqlain Mushtaq, Javed Miandad, Imran Khan, Waqar Younis.

The true legends, legit cricketers and superstars. How has Rizwan bagged this category for 3-4 years? How crap have we become as a cricket nation?
The fact that he's being paid 6 million is the reason Goverment collects taxes.

It is an embrassment to pay such criminals millions.

Back