Rest in Peace Nelson Mandela

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
South African government has just announced that Nelson Mandela has died aged 95.

Easily one of the greatest men to have lived during my lifetime. RIP.

Sad news. He was very ill so many were prepared for the worst.

RIP - great man he was.

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un!

Rest in peace you great man. I salute you

rip nelson mandela, will go down as one of the most influential people in history.

He became an icon of love, forgiveness and nonviolence.

To quote Shakespeare: "There was a man".

One of the greatest role models. A true inspiration on how to stand up against tyranny, oppression and injustice. Rip.

Rest in peace Nelson Mandela, a truly great human being. Can't believe that he's gone.

In his latter age he came became a madame tussauds model for anyone to take their picture next to him as a kind of token anti racism gesture
At his peak he was training in algeria and fighing for freedom before his infamous incarceration

RIP Nelson Mandela

South Africa will definitely play the next match in memory of the great man.

A Great person in history of mankind. SA will surely play keeping this great fellow in mind.

RIP one of the greatest figures of last century.

Sad day. Probably the most influential and most inspirational politician to have ever lived. May he rest in peace.

RIP, one of the last symbols.

2011_2$thumbimg101_Feb_2011_170234827-ll.jpg

Last edited:
He's been a legendary and almost iconic figure since I've been alive.

His fight against racism and his sheer acceptance of his sentencing was and still is a remarkable period in a great life.

Rest In Peace Sir.

Norway's former prime mininster just stated that Mandela was probably the the most important person in modern history.

RIP. Wonder how Pakistan would have turned out if Jinnah had been alive till age 95.

No worries though, the Asian Nelson Mandela Asif Ali Zardari is still alive and well.

The only politician in recent time who was in politics to serve people.
RIP Mr. Mandela.

Last edited:
one of the most important man to ever walk on earth. RIP Legend Mandela. You may have died physically but your presence and lessons are eternal.

What a meaningful and magnificent life.

RIP

This. Wish I had the courage and perseverance to lead a life even fractionally as meaningful as his.

We're all just leaves blowing in the wind.

He stood up to everything and changed the course of history. Amazing.

Very sad day. One of the few great men who changed the world for the better on his own.

NelsonMandela ✔ @NelsonMandela

“Death is something inevitable.When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people&his country,he can rest in peace” #Madiba

NelsonMandela ✔ @NelsonMandela

“Death is something inevitable.When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people&his country,he can rest in peace” #Madiba

Goosebumps.

Woke up to this tragic news. Lala ngoxolo Tata.
One of the greatest South Africans to have ever lived. I will never forget the role he played in the creation of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission which shook this nation to the core. That was the 1st and biggest step of our healing process.

The leaders after him were suppose to take over with emphasis on growing the economy, improving our Education System and Health Care. Unfortunately they let us down greatly in that regard.
But Madiba did his job which was uniting the country. Rest In Piece Madiba.

His name is Rholihlahla in literal translation that means "taking a branch from a tree". But its true meaning is "trouble maker". The irony...

Was he the last Great Man of our age?

An iconic leader and statesman, RIP Madiba.

Goodbye Madiba...lived a full life at 95...a truly inspirational man in his fight against racism...to think this man spent as much time in prison as I've spent living yet still stayed optimistic and committed to his values...

A legend. A true hero. A great man. Tributes from around the world have been amazing, Twitter, Facebook. Gone, but will never be forgotten.

Rest in Peace Nelson Mandela.

Rest in peace now Madiba. To paraphrase Gladiator, what you achieved in life will echo throughout eternity. Commiserations to my South African friends for losing their great statesman.

One thing I really remember about Madiba was his appearance at the Rugby World Cup in 1995. I think there was a movie made about that, but he was there with Francois Pienaar and that really symbolized his hope for the new South Africa - a South Africa where there were no hard feelings to the whites, but where he saw a hope of a nation united. Truly one of the great people of our age.

Remember also Steve Biko, without whose Black Consciousness Movement and whose death in custody, Mandela might have been forgotten and died quietly on Robben Island.

Respect. What a statesman, revolutionary and gentleman. Thoughts with his family at this time.

Rest In Peace, if this world had more mandelas it would be a better place.

RIP Nelson Mandela. Gone from this earth but will never ever be forgotten.

RIP. An exceptional human being. This world needs more people like him.

I vowed never to return to this forum for a while, but reading this thread reminds me of why I joined in the first place. It warms my heart to see so many people with different views and personalities, all uniting together - true embodiment of what Nelson Mandela stood for. Our nation is in mourning, it feels almost unreal, but yet there is a sense of unity that I have not seen from people since we won the 95 Rugby World Cup - also made possible by Mandela. He does not belong to South Africa, but the world, and if we can live our lives with half the humility and kindness that he did, then we will all be better off for it.

I vowed never to return to this forum for a while, but reading this thread reminds me of why I joined in the first place. It warms my heart to see so many people with different views and personalities, all uniting together - true embodiment of what Nelson Mandela stood for. Our nation is in mourning, it feels almost unreal, but yet there is a sense of unity that I have not seen from people since we won the 95 Rugby World Cup - also made possible by Mandela. He does not belong to South Africa, but the world, and if we can live our lives with half the humility and kindness that he did, then we will all be better off for it.

Well said.

Australian parliament house refuses to lower the flags for Mandela. Not surprising considering the party in power and the general treatment of the indigenous here but still, get some heart.

Atleast they're consistent though :)

THE greatest leader and figure of our time. What a life. What a man. RIP

RIP Mandela.As an Indian and a human i have lost a hero an inspiration a leader.You taught us never to give up.Your death is a loss to all humanity.

I and millions of my countrymen join South Africas in mourning the loss of one of the greatest humans to walk on earth.

RIP Mandela.As an Indian and a human i have lost a hero an inspiration a leader.You taught us never to give up.Your death is a loss to all humanity.

I and millions of my countrymen join South Africas in mourning the loss of one of the greatest humans to walk on earth.

Maybe not one of the greatest humans ever, but maybe one of the best freedom fighters over last 100 years

Last edited:
Remember also Steve Biko, without whose Black Consciousness Movement and whose death in custody, Mandela might have been forgotten and died quietly on Robben Island.

We should also remember FW De Klerk, who freed him and legalized the ANC despite fierce opposition from his own party.

Rest In peace Dear Mr. Mandela and may a million Mandelas rise to the fore based on your example of selfless service to one's nation - Amen

For some posters intent on turning this into some kind of religious/political thread - STAY AWAY!

I have deleted all idiotic posts and will simply ban the next one that steps out of line.

I never really followed the Mandela story other than with a passing interest, but his grace through adversity clearly made it's mark across all continents which speaks volumes. R.I.P.

RIP Nelson. A truly inspirational figure for me personally along with most of the world. Loved this man.

I don't understand, America until 2008 labelled him as a terrorist and the British weren't supportive of him either in the past.

i vowed never to return to this forum for a while, but reading this thread reminds me of why i joined in the first place. It warms my heart to see so many people with different views and personalities, all uniting together - true embodiment of what nelson mandela stood for. Our nation is in mourning, it feels almost unreal, but yet there is a sense of unity that i have not seen from people since we won the 95 rugby world cup - also made possible by mandela. He does not belong to south africa, but the world, and if we can live our lives with half the humility and kindness that he did, then we will all be better off for it.

:14:

We should also remember FW De Klerk, who freed him and legalized the ANC despite fierce opposition from his own party.

Absolutely, and he shared the Nobel Peace Prize with Mandela for it.

D Klerk is very interesting on the subject. He said that he and some National Party colleagues wanted to free Mandela before 1990 but could not do so as the ANC was Soviet-backed and they feared invasion. When the Soviet Union fell, the ANC lost their backing and it became politically possible to free Mandela.

Back