Rohit Sharma's batting averages against various countries

hafeezrocks

Local Club Star
Runs
He's a West Indies basher, if you like.

He can't even thwack Lanka like the others.

I don't understand why the selectors are so patient with him.

And players like Sehwag, Gambhir are ousted from the Odi side to accomodate this Garbage.

The patience with Rohit is indeed running out. 100 ODI's is a lot to get your act together but Rohit has been getting out in the same fashion like always.

I do however believe he needs a go in test, it might improve him as an ODI player as well.

A lot of slots are opening up in tests. Sehwag, gambhir, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman. Some have already left and others are about to go. If I were a young Indian batsman i would be licking my lips.

Pujara has cemented his place and Dhawan too. The likes of Rohit, Rahane, Zol, Chand etc have to fight it out for the rest.

A lot of slots are opening up in tests. Sehwag, gambhir, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman. Some have already left and others are about to go. If I were a young Indian batsman i would be licking my lips.

Pujara has cemented his place and Dhawan too. The likes of Rohit, Rahane, Zol, Chand etc have to fight it out for the rest.

If he is struggling temperamentally in odis, how is he going to fare in tests

Against smart bowlers, Rohit is a sitting duck because he has quite a few weaknesses. But he is great to watch when in full flow which happens rarely.

Actually, he's a bit like Laxman in one-day cricket. Looks like an out and out quality ODI bat when he's scoring it around, but there are long periods of time where he essentially goes missing.

In the long-term he deserves to be dropped.

Against smart bowlers, Rohit is a sitting duck because he has quite a few weaknesses. But he is great to watch when in full flow which happens rarely.

Rohit and Hafeez are better to watch in full flow than a lot of world class batsmen. They are elegant and play beautiful strokes.

The selectors and even we Indian team fans are waiting for Rohit to show his worth:misbah

But he has this brain fart problem just like Akmal:umarakmal

Australia : 21, now 66

England : 29 - now 48

Pakistan : 31 - now 34

South Africa : 21 - now 28

Sri Lanka : 27 - now 44

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/34102.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting

And yet he have people who compare him with Umar and Jamshed.

I doubt that even a weak batting line-up like Pakistan would persist with Sharma for so long considering that all better performing youngsters like Umar, Jamshed , Shahzad have been dropped after a few bad games.

He's turned the wheel in the last 5 years.

Hitman was unbearable in South Africa but in England and Australia, he has upped the game remarkably.

His stats in south africa could have been improved had he been never selected for test series. Playing two test matches and then getting dropped just made him worse in limited overs.

I doubt that even a weak batting line-up like Pakistan would persist with Sharma for so long considering that all better performing youngsters like Umar, Jamshed , Shahzad have been dropped after a few bad games.

These old posts are gem. :)))

Actually, he's a bit like Laxman in one-day cricket. Looks like an out and out quality ODI bat when he's scoring it around, but there are long periods of time where he essentially goes missing.

In the long-term he deserves to be dropped.

Can you repeat that?

The perks of being an Indian Cricketer in the IPL age and on constantly batting on excellent batting wickets.

In comparison there is not a single Pakistani batsman today who can be classified as world class and someone who even looks remotely pleasing to the eye, such is the gulf in class between the batting culture of India and Pakistan

The perks of being an Indian Cricketer in the IPL age and on constantly batting on excellent batting wickets.

In comparison there is not a single Pakistani batsman today who can be classified as world class and someone who even looks remotely pleasing to the eye, such is the gulf in class between the batting culture of India and Pakistan

Isnt Fakhar Zaman world class talent? I havent watched him much.

He always had the talent. The question was about his work ethic and lazyness.

Great to see the talent come to fruition. But he had lot of luck going his way. Selectors, Coach and Captains always backed him to come good through out his career.

Rohit is a beast on Flat tracks against average bowling. Sometimes he even comes good against good bowling attacks. But when he is in the zone, he is a total beast.

Kudos to the selectors for backing and supporting him throughout his lean patch. It's paying off now.

This post feels really strange in 2018.

I remember when people thought Rohit Sharma could only perform in IPL. Seemed like such a waste of talent for the longest time.

Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam....

If T20 leagues could make you better LOI batsmen, then Windies would have ruled ODIs as they play IPL and zillion other leagues.
It boils down to the better coaching and domestic structure in India.And also tremendous competition to the spots.

Australia : 21

England : 29

Pakistan : 31

South Africa : 21

Sri Lanka : 27

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/34102.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting

And yet he have people who compare him with Umar and Jamshed.

He's turned the wheel in the last 5 years.

So whats the status now?

Lol he doubled his average in nearly all countries. Greatest transformation in ODI history.

Incredible transformation!

When he gets going, he can be way more dangerous than Kohli or even ABDV. That's how good Rohit is. What a batsman!

Back