Ross Taylor - last 12 months in International Cricket

leatherface58

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Rosco's beast mode has been perpetually ON for the last twelve months regardless of the format.

Tests

Code:
Mat	Inns	NO	Runs	HS	Ave	BF	SR	100	50	0	4s	6s	
8	14	4	816	217*	81.60	1405	58.07	3	4	1	94	4

ODIs

Code:
18	18	3	770	112*	51.33	903	85.27	3	5	1	68	10

T20s

Code:
7	5	1	166	62	41.50	129	128.68	0	1	0	12	4

Taylor has been really scoring for fun over the past year. His cover drives have started coming back. He has been cutting and pulling and not trying to slog over cow corner every other delivery.

People have been talking about Amla, Kohli, Misbah but what about this guy?

Consistent in all formats, front runner for ICC Player of the Year for me right now.

Gets uglier to watch with each passing innings.

He's become THE MAN finally. ICC cricketer of the year ahead of Sanga for me.

Was going great again today but was cut short by a brilliant catch. Whose career is he gonna end this WC? :akhtar :razzaq

Ross Taylor- last 12 months in International Cricket

Hes been a beast in tests last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross Taylor- last 12 months in International Cricket

Mamoon bumping threads of players he hates because he couldn't bash Shehzad yesterday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swing and a miss. I rate Taylor highly and IMO he is a world class batsman.

He does seem very underrated.
Though, he hasn't done much this WC.

Herath was all over him today, class bowling though

How good is he against spin? Herath molested him earlier.

T20 isn't his game, needs to stick to ODI's and Tests.

I think it was in 2006-2007 ODI series where NZ won against a brilliant OZ side, he played a couple of fantastic innings, thoroughly entertaining.

Sorry for the irrelevancy, he's a good bat.

Last edited:
class player no doubt. Been my favorite NZ batsman so even when he scores against us i cant help but feel a little happy for him

Excellent batsman, well done to him.

Dangerous batsman. Has faced some popgun attacks in the last 12 months, but still, these are impressive numbers.

Last game he played against Pakistan, he ended Akhtar's career (no thanks to some brilliant help from Kamran Gilchrist). Has he just finished off Gulster's career? :13:

Last game he played against Pakistan, he ended Akhtar's career (no thanks to some brilliant help from Kamran Gilchrist). Has he just finished off Gulster's career? :13:
Frustrated he didn't face more deliveries in the last few overs, he could have scored more runs but DV and McCullum kept taking up the first 4 balls up and taking the single on the 5th.

And he has a poor technique which makes it more impressive. A very good player.

He is scoring. But did not look convincing at all in this series. Looks like he is struggling to get the timing, finding gaps. Scartchy innings, but he is scoring.

Solid temperament and a vast array of shots. Knows the field well. Think his best years are ahead of him.

He has been in brilliant form and New Zealand probably has one of the best batting lineups in the world.
Latham, Guptill, Williamson, Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls is a brilliant line up. They have good all rounders as well lower down the order and a fantastic bowling attack. It will be a difficult series for India.

Showing his class on the big stage. Making the chase look like a walk in the park.

Showing his class on the big stage. Making the chase look like a walk in the park.

Gun player to have in the middle order.

I think if we could have one pick from all teams i would simply pick Ross Taylor and our middle order woes will be over instantly

An excellent player I still remember when he came to international cricket, he smashed then not so young or lethal Waqar Younis on the tour of New Zealand all over the place.

Now is the time for him to show class since his partners are falling all around him.

An excellent player I still remember when he came to international cricket, he smashed then not so young or lethal Waqar Younis on the tour of New Zealand all over the place.

Now is the time for him to show class since his partners are falling all around him.

Will never forget the phainty that he dished our to ageing Akhtar and Razzaq in 2011 World Cup. Phenomenal birthday hundred

Will never forget the phainty that he dished our to ageing Akhtar and Razzaq in 2011 World Cup. Phenomenal birthday hundred

He was more experienced and a key player in 2011 and got a big hand from Kamran that being said he did deliver an epic phainta in the last overs.

He was more experienced and a key player in 2011 and got a big hand from Kamran that being said he did deliver an epic phainta in the last overs.

I think NZ scored 100 runs in last 5 overs. I have not seen a bowling line up being taken apart like that.

Back