Salman Butt is not involved in grouping

sameer1992

Debutant
Runs
I felt surprised on the fact that Salman Butt's name is always brought when the case of grouping in the team is discussed.He is the only player among the so called"seniors" who has not been a part of any controversy or grouping.I am shocked that how people have dragged his name into grouping thing.If he would have been a part of grouping than he wouldn't have performed under every captain.If you dont agree with me,then have a look at the facts.

UNDER INZIMAM

Well,under Inzi,Salman has played just a few games.He was always dropped from the side.He was given confidence or a proper chance.This is the reason why Salman wants Umer Amin and Azhar Ali to be given a proper chance because he knows what it feels like when captain does not have confidence in you.

AFTER WORLD CUP 2007

After the world cup debacle,Shoaib Malik was made the captain.Salman made a good comeback against Sri Lanka in Abu Dhabi.Hence he was elevated to the position of Vice Captain.
This announcement was made when Pakistan Team was training in Burban for t20 world cup.Here is when the problems for Salman started.According to reporters,6 players revolted against Salman's elevation.
According to "THE CRICKETERS" July 2007 edition "A group of six players will travel from Abbottabad to meet the PCB chief in Islamabad in the afternoon to express their viewpoint against the decision to select Salman".
According to program Score,Shahid told Salman to get up from the seat,Salman in respect told him,"App mujh se barey hain,app yahan beth jain"'.Shahid got frustrated as he wanted to be vice captain,so he threatened him to leave the post or else he'll throw him out of the team.On this,Talat Ali had some harsh words exchanged with Afridi as he came to solve the matter.
Now,had there been some other player(do u people remember the bat hitting controversy between Shahid,Shoaib and Asif and Malik and Yousuf saga)he would have told the media openly about this,but when Salman was approached by media on airport when the team was leaving for Scotland,he didn't talk to them,and on his return said that all the seniors are supporting me and blah,blah.
But this whole drama did affect his performance.A player who had scored more than 800 runs in 10 matches played between Shoaib XI and Salman XI before t20 world cup failed to perform in the world cup.
In the series against South Africa,before the 2nd day of 1st test,Salman was taken in emergency to Aga Khan Hospital because of severe dehydration.He was given five drips in 2 hours and the doctors straight away declared that he needs 5 days bed rest.But when he came to know that Pakistan were struggling at 120-5,he came to bat the next day and took the score to 233 for 7.Although he just scored 24 runs but faced 76 balls for it.
(And still some people call him selfish).The pressure from seniors made him lose his form and eventually he gave up vice captaincy.It was not surprising to see him back in team as soon as he gave the post.He was definitely back with a bang against India and continued his form in 2008.

PLAYERS REVOLT AGAINST MALIK
In 2009,Pakistan were to play a 3 match ODI series against Sri Lanka where players started the "grouping thing" against Malik.
I bet,if Salman wouldn't have scored a 100 and Khurram Manzoor would have80,then Pakistan would have lost the 1st ODI.It was only Salman,Khurram and the bowlers who wre playing for Pakistan.In the next match unfortunately Khurram couldn't score much hence it was left up to Salman to do something.When Misbah got out,Pak were 17-3 but then 100 runs partnership between Salman and Shoaib took Pak to 125-3,but after Shoaib's dissmisal on 54,Salman also departed after scoring 62 and hence Pak could only manage 161 runs.Only 3 batsman were in double figures.Salman,Shoaib and Afridi with a 14.In the 3rd ODI,neither Salman nor Shoaib or any body else performed.As a result,Pak were all out on 75 in reply to Sri Lankan's massive 300+.As a result Malik was sacked from captaincy.

UNDER YOUNIS KHAN
Salman never under performed under Younis.He was dropped from the team for ODIS and tests in Sri Lanka not because of his form but because of other reasons.
In the 1st test,Pakistan were bowled on a very poor score.Salman was the highest scorer with 28 runs.He was playing really good until he played a pathetic shot for a six.Everyone was crossed with him,and so was Younis.But what he did was wrong,Yahya Hussani of score reports that Younis scolded him infront of everybody.Not only in dressing room but in team meeting as well,Salman went to Intikhab Alam and asked him that please tell Younis bhai not to scold a player infront of everyone because everyone has self-respect.Younis was so crossed at this incident that he asked PCB that he does not need "An Indisciplined player like Salman Butt"

OATH GATE

Salman has never spoken anything against Younis.He was not there in Champions Trophy hence he wasnt involved in this oath gate.As Waqar and Aaqib told PCB,players involved in oath taking were Malik,Yousuf,Kamran,Rana,Ajmal,Misbah and Afridi.

REVOLT AGAINST YOUNIS

In the series against New Zealand in Abu Dhabi,Salman along with Khalid Latif were the only players who got runs.Rest wanted the downfall of Younis.
In the last 2 odis where Pakistan lost,Salman scored 68 and 25 and both the times he was run out.First by Yousuf then by Younis.So,he was not in grouping.

REVOLT AGAINST YOUSUF

[Salman Butt was one of the best batsman in tours of New Zealand and Australia.He scored a 75 in testing conditions of Sydney where Australia were browled out for 126.He scored a 100 even when his captain labelled him lazy and selfish.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzLJ9ZZOzI&feature=fvst.Just watch the first 35 seconds and imagine how painful it would have been on Salman Butt.
Just imagine how he had felt when cappy was making fun of him in press.And sources say he wasnt even allowed in team meeting.Infact nobody talked to him.Can you people imagine the trauma he would have gone through because of his captain?
According to the videos that were leaked,Rana Naveed said,"Us(Salman) becharay ko fazool main sab seniors nai ghalian dein halanke us ne brisbane mai 70 runs banai.Hamari team main juniors ko aisey hi treat kia jata hai..."

T20 WORLD CUP

In the T20 world cup,Salman was just awesome.Before the world cup nobody expected him to do this good.When 4 players were nominated for captaincy,everyone showed willingness except for Salman.(check the videos of Geo Super and Sports Headlines).
Even after world cup,he didnt show willingness in the interview given at airport. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxTh_diMnds&feature=related.

ENGLAND TOUR

After Afridi's retirement,Salman became the new captain and to everyone's surprise won the 2nd test after 15 years.
Just after one defeat,people are labelling him as 'header of group',"Butt mafia",Sifarishi,Parchi.Even some people have labelled him as a player who does not deserve to be in the team.I mean HELLO??He has an average of 50 after his come back.
After reading all this,can you please answer me the following questions:
1)Whats wrong with Salman's presentation speech?Should he criticise Akmal as Yousuf did in press conference?Should he say Akmal is the worst wicketkeeper in world like Younis said in an interview about Salman's fielding during T20 worldcup?

2)He backed his players even after massive 354 run defeat.Should he moan about the players given to him as Afridi did during T20 workd cup when Pakistan was losing every match?

3)Should he stop backing and giving chances to youngsters as Inzi did to him and others like Toufeeq Umar and Asim Kamal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe no one likes Salman enough for them to want him to be in their groups :)

salman is well discplined and educated. he has experienced all the shames he will prove a point in the future insha allah
"Every team needs a hero , Every hero needs a team"
a

He's a member of the Pakistani poor opener group, quite a few members.

No wonder he keeps protecting Akaml, Malik etc. despite failures right and left...yes, yes, yes, he is not a member of any group because he is the president of them all

Sameer I'v cleaned up your OP a bit, it was kind of hard to read.

good job mate ;-)

just 2 questions:

1 - what is the actual story with the 2007 T20 WC? am still not 100% sure.

2 - are those players you named in fact the members that took the 'oath' against YK?

Whatever I have seen him back the 'great' Akmal and Malik to tell me how much he is not involved in groupings

It is understood that his best friends on the team are Shoaib Malik and Kamran Akmal.

awwww...poor sallu
i didn't know he was treated so badly...
hmmm that's why he is against the inclusion of:ykand:moyo:13:

he is not saint thats for sure.. but probably the best choice for captain at the moment..
of course if he lets go of favortism of akmal brothers and malik that would be great but we know thats not happening.

There is a lot of conjecture there.

We will see the man Salman is by the way he conducts himself in the coming months.

It will be the making or breaking of him.

His persistance of Akmal and Malik and his slieght of 2Y's is a poor start and a bad omen.

he seems like a very sincere and decent guy from a pretty respected background so i dont see why he would do something as jaahil as groupings...younis khan is the same...well educated too...personally want somebody as articulate and suave like butters to be the captain of our cricket team if younis khan is not around...

but his one downfall will be persisting with kamran akmal and and moonshine and he will come under immense amount of criticism on this forum sadly

Last edited:
it's because he's educated, unlike those others who have nothing better to do then just make groups and try to keep good talent out of the Pakistan team when they do nothing

Since I have not seen any of the domestic matches to say that we have any other good openners or not but what ever we have currently I think Salman is a good choice as an openner but that is not the topic of discussion here.

I also think he does have a good cricketing brain(thinking) but his favoritism towards Shoaib Malik and Kamran Akmal is one of his main draw-backs. Plus his insistance on not wanting Fawad Alam in the team also seems suspicious.

So, considering the aforementioned facts I think he is part of the same group that had / or HAVE Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal.

The same group who would do anything and under perform to have their way.

I think the mental intelligence of half of PP is under 80 IQ points.

There is no PROOF to suggest that Salman Butt is part of any grouping, nor any evidence. There is no evidence to suggest he favors Shoaib Malik unfairly over any other player (or Kamran Akmal) for that matter.

He is using his best judgment on the best XI to win a test match, and that's all he can do. We may disagree, or agree, but it is ridiculous to suggest malice with Salman's team selection. Especially since there really is no proof - he wasn't even in the alleged oath taking ceremony, while Saeed Ajmal, one of our best performers was.

sometimes you have to play the hands your dealt.. it could also be that since he cannot pick his own players, he has to go by what he says and wants to get along with them..

and if we are to believe Rashid Latif, maybe Salman thinks dropping Kami and playing Zulqarnain wont be any different so he decided to back Kami.

It could be a number of things.. He also knows that his tenure as captain could be short lived nad he would not want to pick a fight with the Butt and Co over just one or two tours. Its easier to say this and this guy didnt perform well so I am going to drop them and pick a few brand new players and hand them their test debuts to find out later they completely bombed.

You have to admit its a tricky situation to be in. Besides orders regarding selection come from Ejaz Butt anyway.

As I've said
Butt isn't a politics guy

Which is probably why hes being such a "Yes Sir, Yes Sir Captain to the PCB"

It would work in all other systems because the boards are efficient, but not in PCB
You have to feel for Butt, but at the same time its frustrating that hes becoming the voice of PCB rather than the voice of Pakistan Cricket

I think the mental intelligence of half of PP is under 80 IQ points.

There is no PROOF to suggest that Salman Butt is part of any grouping, nor any evidence. There is no evidence to suggest he favors Shoaib Malik unfairly over any other player (or Kamran Akmal) for that matter.

He is using his best judgment on the best XI to win a test match, and that's all he can do. We may disagree, or agree, but it is ridiculous to suggest malice with Salman's team selection. Especially since there really is no proof - he wasn't even in the alleged oath taking ceremony, while Saeed Ajmal, one of our best performers was.

:)

putting 2 and 2 together to get 5, even 6 or 7 really :yk

sometimes you have to play the hands your dealt.. it could also be that since he cannot pick his own players, he has to go by what he says and wants to get along with them..

and if we are to believe Rashid Latif, maybe Salman thinks dropping Kami and playing Zulqarnain wont be any different so he decided to back Kami.

It could be a number of things.. He also knows that his tenure as captain could be short lived nad he would not want to pick a fight with the Butt and Co over just one or two tours. Its easier to say this and this guy didnt perform well so I am going to drop them and pick a few brand new players and hand them their test debuts to find out later they completely bombed.

You have to admit its a tricky situation to be in. Besides orders regarding selection come from Ejaz Butt anyway.

True.

But the comments about Yousaf and Younis were his. They were uncalled for and showed a lack of tact from someone who always seemed to have a lot when he spoke.

I do think he is our best choice as captain and hope he is neutral as that would be the best way to move forward.

As I've said
Butt isn't a politics guy

Which is probably why hes being such a "Yes Sir, Yes Sir Captain to the PCB"

It would work in all other systems because the boards are efficient, but not in PCB
You have to feel for Butt, but at the same time its frustrating that hes becoming the voice of PCB rather than the voice of Pakistan Cricket

nobody could care less about who's the voice of what as long as the team is winning.

all these issues are raised because we aren't.

Butt knows that if he drops Akmal then the Akmal supporters in the team will kick him out of captaincy as well as the team, just like they did Younis

Butt knows that if he drops Akmal then the Akmal supporters in the team will kick him out of captaincy as well as the team, just like they did Younis

l14301482198_6282.jpg

"It's All A Conspiracy!"

so the legend of Saint Butt has been born now..what tosh..he's part of the group idiots!! everyone knows it..his best mates are malik and akmal!! and he is one of the oath brigade!! just look at his pathetic annoyed girly facial impressions when the two y's are mentioned!! like he's about to go into labour or something!!

so the legend of Saint Butt has been born now..what tosh..he's part of the group idiots!! everyone knows it..his best mates are malik and akmal!! and he is one of the oath brigade!! just look at his pathetic annoyed girly facial impressions when the two y's are mentioned!! like he's about to go into labour or something!!
Prove it?

No one has even said he was in the alleged oath-taking ceremony, but people like Saeed Ajmal were (although I think he now regrets that).

You have no proof dude, so please for everyone go take a hike.

his best friends or close friends are mohammad amir,shoaib akhtar,wahab raiz and salman qadir. If u dont believe me then watch good morning pakistan in which mohammad amir came,aik din geo kay saat with salman butt in which he was sitting with wahab raiz,hum 2 humara show in which he told that salman qadir was his childhood friend and last nadia khan show in which he defended shoaib akhtar by saying that we have to see how much he has given to pakistan. By the way if u follow cricket then u must know that oath gate was taken in champions trophy in which he was dropped so how come he took the oath? just answer this question. plz dont drag his name into this group n if he would have been in the group then why he was not banned or charged like others.
And if you want proof then see the videos leaked by geo super in which waqar younis,aaqib javed and intikhab alam told the names of the players who took oath....

Nice story Sameer1992...too bad most of it was a dream or figment of your imagination!

If it is true then for every story you mentioned, please provide direct quotes from players since you seemed to be projecting that you have some inside sources.

As far as one can see, with Butt's attitude/statements in the last week or so, he ain't no saint.

Sameer I'v cleaned up your OP a bit, it was kind of hard to read.

good job mate ;-)

just 2 questions:

1 - what is the actual story with the 2007 T20 WC? am still not 100% sure.

2 - are those players you named in fact the members that took the 'oath' against YK?

First of all thanks for all the corrections n then back to your questions. For the first question i will send u the link but for the 2nd question ya these are the right names of the players who took oath against younis. It was also told in score and then majid bhatti also told the names of the players who took oath in bolain kya baat hain.

he isn't a saint, nobody is...but your ranting that he's in some sort of cabal with Akmal and Malik doesn't exactly stand either...the only explanation you've put forward is 'annoyed girly face' expression, which may be a reason for you to dislike him, but doesn't make him, or anyone, anti-YK or anti-Yousuf.

wasn't part of the oath brigade as already pointed out several times already either.

if you're going to use the gulty by association tactic, then I guess the whole team was in that brigade :inzi

I felt surprised on the fact that Salman Butt's name is always brought when the case of grouping in the team is discussed.He is the only player among the so called"seniors" who has not been a part of any controversy or grouping.I am shocked that how people have dragged his name into grouping thing.If he would have been a part of grouping than he wouldn't have performed under every captain.If you dont agree with me,then have a look at the facts.

UNDER INZIMAM

Well,under Inzi,Salman has played just a few games.He was always dropped from the side.He was given confidence or a proper chance.This is the reason why Salman wants Umer Amin and Azhar Ali to be given a proper chance because he knows what it feels like when captain does not have confidence in you.

Lets drop the act and stop the BS...first of all lets look at his performance under Inzi and see how he was supposedly treated so badly and I quote 'He was always dropped from the side'

HTML:
Career averages
Span	Mat	Inns	NO	Runs	HS	Ave	BF	SR	100	50	0	4s	6s	
unfiltered	
2003-2010	30	56	0	1770	122	31.60	3761	47.06	3	10	5	259	1	Profile

filtered	2004-2006	9	16	0	449	122	28.06	1011	44.41	1	2	1	55	1	

Match by match list

Bat1	Bat2	Runs	BF	SR	4s	6s		Opposition	Ground	Start Date	
17	9	26	80	32.50	3	0		v Australia	Perth	16 Dec 2004	Test # 1726
5	5	10	31	32.25	0	0		v India	Mohali	8 Mar 2005	Test # 1738
74	122	196	439	44.64	23	0		v England	Multan	12 Nov 2005	Test # 1770
26	50	76	191	39.79	7	1		v England	Faisalabad	20 Nov 2005	Test # 1772
28	-	28	64	43.75	3	0		v England	Lahore	29 Nov 2005	Test # 1774
6	-	6	6	100.00	1	0		v India	Lahore	13 Jan 2006	Test # 1781
37	24	61	94	64.89	12	0		v India	Faisalabad	21 Jan 2006	Test # 1782
10	0	10	29	34.48	1	0		v England	Lord's	13 Jul 2006	Test # 1809
20	16	36	77	46.75	5	0		v England	Leeds	4 Aug 2006	Test # 1813

Kindly show the gaps here and what earth shattering performances he was delivering that Inzi was such an evil to drop him for no reason?

I see pretty much straight Test Matches and when he seems to have been finally dropped (after the 2nd test against England in England), this is what he had scored in the last 5 Tests:
28, DNB, 6, DNB, 37, 24, 10, 0, 20, 16...a total of 141 in 8 innings for an Earth Shattering average of 17.625

In 9 total tests under Inzi he averaged 28 with 1 hundred and two fifties...what a Bradman

Wow, how evil of the Daarhi Waala Motta Pait Inzi

I am sure, if we dig deep...many more of these so called truths will start falling apart

Last edited:
it's right there, they dropped him after Mohali...one Test after he made a 100 in Australia.

it's right there, they dropped him after Mohali...one Test after he made a 100 in Australia.

Yeah, and also after the WI ODI's (top scored the first game) that followed the India ODI's for the Test series.

The point is he's not the best starter. Even when he made his Test comeback in NZ, he wasn't at his best. Only because of perseverance were we allowed to see him blossom in the subsequent tours. He wants to give the youngsters the same chance. And no one's really proven that he was involved in any grouping either...

nobody could care less about who's the voice of what as long as the team is winning.

all these issues are raised because we aren't.

I think for a team to win consistently you either need

(i) A well run board that selects all staff, players, coaches etc totally on merit and has succesfully developed a good infra stucture

and/or

(ii) A strong captain who gets his team and runs the team by his methods

We have neither so I doubt (though I thoroughly hope so) that we will start winning consistently

oh please what the hell is this? first we had the afridi shahgirds, then the Malik shahgirds and now the salaman shahgirds?? what next a khutum in his honour? when are you people going to wake up? is there a need for a father figure in your lives hence the immediate attachment to a certain player? or is it more deeper "wink wink"??

everyone and anyone knows through various reports that have come out that malik and butta are best mates..hence he is in the mafia...i mean anyone could see the pathetic girly impressions he was doing when asked about the y's..he is a boy trying to do a mans job..malik v2 with added english!!

so can we please stop the worship and concentrate on the team and its performance, or a player and his performance?? Butta needs to start scoring runs before running his girly mouth off!! score runs cuptaan sahib or the mafia will turn on you too!!

oh please what the hell is this? first we had the afridi shahgirds, then the Malik shahgirds and now the salaman shahgirds?? what next a khutum in his honour? when are you people going to wake up? is there a need for a father figure in your lives hence the immediate attachment to a certain player? or is it more deeper "wink wink"??

everyone and anyone knows through various reports that have come out that malik and butta are best mates..hence he is in the mafia...i mean anyone could see the pathetic girly impressions he was doing when asked about the y's..he is a boy trying to do a mans job..malik v2 with added english!!

so can we please stop the worship and concentrate on the team and its performance, or a player and his performance?? Butta needs to start scoring runs before running his girly mouth off!! score runs cuptaan sahib or the mafia will turn on you too!!

again with the 'girly expressions':)) :))

can you make a sensible point at all?

what media reports? I've yet to read an article describing who are Salman's best friends in team Pakistan.

maybe you should stop the hating and concentrate on performance as well.

Salman Butt is part of the AKMAL MAFIA....together they have total control of the groupings...pity his stay as the captain is going to be limited....INSHALLAH

so there is grouping inside the grouping? :yk

Salman may not be a part of any grouping, but he is turning out to be a yes-man of Butt Sr., Yawar Saeed with very little of his own thinking and vision which is almost as worrying...

I hope we don't have a Yousuf 2.0, always trying to appease the management and seniors at the expense of doing the right thing.

Salman may not be a part of any grouping, but he is turning out to be a yes-man of Butt Sr., Yawar Saeed with very little of his own thinking and vision which is almost as worrying...

I hope we don't have a Yousuf 2.0, always trying to appease the management and seniors at the expense of doing the right thing.

well his and Waqar's vision are being overruled, so I don't think there is much to be done about that...because it is quite clear that under no circumstances will :ibutt be fired from his job.

Yousuf contacts players before reaching England

Thursday, August 05, 2010
From our correspondent

BIRMINGHAM: Experienced Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf has started exerting his influence on the team members even before his schedule arrival in England.

Yousuf is due to join Pakistan team on Thursday (today). Yousuf got his passport back from the Canadian High Commission where it was stuck. Even before his arrival here, Yousuf has already established contacts with a group of players, who are thought to be very close to him.

A well-placed source within the team confirmed to ‘The News’ on Wednesday that Yousuf has spoken to three experienced players and a couple of youngsters who have a role to play in the Test series against England on their relations with captain Salman Butt on Tuesday ahead of getting on the plane. “Yes, he has rang me up couple of days back, I can’t tell you why he has talked to me on phone,” one of the youngsters told this correspondent on the condition of anonymity.

An inquiry committee of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) banned bearded Yousuf for initiating infighting in the team. Yousuf in protest decided to announce his retirement from international cricket, only taking it back when the PCB selected him as reinforcement for England tour.

“Yousuf has established contacts with three seniors in England. I don’t know what is the reason but it looks that he has talked with them about their relations with the captain,” the source said.

Yousuf’s form is also a bit of concern for the Pakistan camp as he has not played any competitive cricket after hanging his gloves at the start of 2010. “I don’t think he would be in a position to get into the top form within no time. Every player needs some time and matches to get into the form and fitness,” one of the team official said.

Yousuf is also on the record to have said that he will not be in a position to play in the holy month of Ramazan. With the month just a week away, whether he would be in position to play is not clear.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=254808

Here u go.yousuf has already started grouping against salman n who else can be the seniors, for sure malik n akmal brothers cause he cant call salman n ask his relation with himself..

oh bas kardo yaar, kya hogaya hai tum logon ko...enough with stuff already.

can everyone please stop pushing forward their agendas and please just start supporting the team?!

support the name on the front of the shirt, not the one at the back!

No wonder he keeps protecting Akaml, Malik etc. despite failures right and left...yes, yes, yes, he is not a member of any group because he is the president of them all
Who will reply to this very strong argument from you.

can u give me one proof of him involved in grouping cause i have given u many proofs n links as well.one more thing it was told in sports centre that sumthing strange iz going on, in the hotel of pak team n sum one has told them that at nights akmal brothers go to malik room n the person also said that maybe they have again started grouping..n in sports centre it was also leaked that after the 1st test day2 salman went to yawar saeed n toldthat he dont want kami in the team but yawar told him that he will play in the next matches as well so now wat can salman do....

oh bas kardo yaar, kya hogaya hai tum logon ko...enough with stuff already.

can everyone please stop pushing forward their agendas and please just start supporting the team?!

support the name on the front of the shirt, not the one at the back!
Their shirts have Boom Boom written on them. But Boom Boom is gone. It is quite depressing to see that. Can they cover it with masking tape or something?

can u give me one proof of him involved in grouping cause i have given u many proofs n links as well.one more thing it was told in sports centre that sumthing strange iz going on, in the hotel of pak team n sum one has told them that at nights akmal brothers go to malik room n the person also said that maybe they have again started grouping..n in sports centre it was also leaked that after the 1st test day2 salman went to yawar saeed n toldthat he dont want kami in the team but yawar told him that he will play in the next matches as well so now wat can salman do....
Actions speaks louder than facts. Who is he protecting? The Oath Gate mafia, right?

Originally Posted by Monsee

Their shirts have Boom Boom written on them. But Boom Boom is gone. It is quite depressing to see that. Can they cover it with masking tape or something?

lol

that's not a bad idea to be honest.

Oh Monsee, where art thou

So, I am supposed to remember what happened between or after each test?

Is there a chance that Salman was injured/sick or they brought in some extra bowler or some other reason...just jump on one iota of a chance to put the blame on Inzi?

Before today, the argument was Inzi dropped him every now and then and that shattered his confidence, now it is down to only one instance?

You guys are really pathetic:inti

^^ :))

the least you can do is do some research about the stats you post.

^^ :))

the least you can do is do some research about the stats you post.

He is your sweet heart and you have always claimed he was unfairly treated by Inzi (more than once on PP)...I would say the onus is on you to prove that it indeed was unfair of Inzi to drop him after that one test against india;-)

When I posted his matches under Inzi...I was looking for long periods of absence and obviously I did not see that

Last edited:
- dropped him after Mohali Test

- dropped him in West Indies tour

- dropped him in 2006 ODI home series against India despite getting a 100 in first ODI (got 2 ducks in next 2 games)

- dropped him completely in England after 2 Tests

you drop a guy once then fair enough...but 4 times? that's unfair.

- dropped him in 2006 ODI home series against India despite getting a 100 in first ODI (got 2 ducks in next 2 games)

AZ you are such a crybaby :))

I hope you now realize how other players such as Fawad, Sarfraz, Asim Kamal, Taufeeq Umar, YK, and others feel. Butt has a walk in the park in comparison to what has happened to some of them. And as the newly appointed captain of the team has nothing to complain any more.

OT:

I sincerely hope your idol has a little more backbone, he has the toughest job in cricket at the moment and need to show a brave face or the jackals will eat him alive :malik:akmal:umarakmal:aali:ibutt

He is not doing himself any favours with his new yes-man act.

Last edited:
Good signs coming from Salman Butt. If the news coming from England proves true, I take back my yes-man comments regarding Butt.

I'm mighty impressed if dropping Akmal was Butt's idea and if so he has done a great job

If the news out of England is true, there will be a lot of PPers who'll need to eat crow.

AZ you are such a crybaby :))

I hope you now realize how other players such as Fawad, Sarfraz, Asim Kamal, Taufeeq Umar, YK, and others feel. Butt has a walk in the park in comparison to what has happened to some of them. And as the newly appointed captain of the team has nothing to complain any more.

OT:

I sincerely hope your idol has a little more backbone, he has the toughest job in cricket at the moment and need to show a brave face or the jackals will eat him alive :malik:akmal:umarakmal:aali:ibutt

He is not doing himself any favours with his new yes-man act.

walk in the park? you have got to be kidding me...how can it be a 'walk in the park' when the guy's been dropped that many times?!

he's the ONLY opener who has truly shown the ability to play in all conditions, and produces his best against Pakistan's toughest opponents...none of the other candidates can claim that.

now every1 can believe me that he iz not involved in groupings.......kami down 1 more to go....

Salman has no say over mohammed y coming back but suddenly gets the authority to drop akmal, i doubt it.

Salman has no say over mohammed y coming back but suddenly gets the authority to drop akmal, i doubt it.

Exactly.

If Big Butt and Yawar have said that Kamran is to be dropped, Salman has little option to comply.

So either he had no say in both the Yousaf and Kamran scenarios or he did. Lets not be selective.

Salman selects the team, doesn't he - not whose in the squad.

After scoring 5 and 5, he gets replaced by Afridi at top who scored 29 and 59 and takes 3 wickets...wasn't a bad decision, eh?

After scoring 27 and 0, he was dropped for Malik who scored 13 and 64...decision vindicated; you cannot score against a team like WI then who will you score against?

And you conveniently forgot to mention that he did play the 4th ODI, scoring an earth shattering 13...played 4 off the 5 ODIs; what a big travesty, Inzi should be hung!

So two tests were not enough for him to show he is crap especially since before being dropped, this is what he had scored in the last 5 Tests:
28, DNB, 6, DNB, 37, 24, 10, 0, 20, 16...a total of 141 in 8 innings for an Earth Shattering average of 17.625. Yes, that was so cruel of Inzi to drop him in the middle of the tour after scoring like Bradman (46/4 = less than 12 per innings)

Any more BS left?

If you have any shame, you will never raise this stupid issue again...especially trying to lay the blame on Inzi for Butt's crap batting performances over 8 years;-)

But I doubt that...

Last edited:
Any more BS left?

If you have any shame, you will never raise this stupid issue again...especially trying to lay the blame on Inzi for Butt's crap batting performances over 8 years;-)

But I doubt that...
Monsee, exactly who the hell do you want to be captain or opener?

Please, let's hear your nominations. And what do you have to say about your allegations that he is best mates with Kamran and Malik so he won't drop either of them and that BS that you write?

Kamran's dropped, isn't he? Bachay you have a long way to go, Butt may not be the best person around, but he is the best we have.

Monsee, exactly who the hell do you want to be captain or opener?

Please, let's hear your nominations. And what do you have to say about your allegations that he is best mates with Kamran and Malik so he won't drop either of them and that BS that you write?

Kamran's dropped, isn't he? Bachay you have a long way to go, Butt may not be the best person around, but he is the best we have.

Listen pappu mian...go back and read the context in which the discussion between AZ and I has been taking place, then take a class in comprehension...only after that come and ask a question!

Until then just shut up...because you were idiotic enough to laugh at my claim that 'Inzi did not treat Butt unfairly' by saying 'Oh Monsee, where art thou?'

Why don't you reply to my last post and show me if I am wrong...Inti used a word for fools like you:inti

Do you have a memory deficiency a la :ibutt

He isn't protecting Akmal anymore now, is he?

Any more BS left?

But I doubt that...

lol

what kind of process is this when a bloke gets dropped after making a 100 in the prior Test? even if his replacement gets a triple hundred, it has not been fair to the bloke that was dropped for him.

that same ODI series vs. India where he was dropped, he was Man of the Match in the 1st game, at Peshawar, and was also the only game Pakistan won in that series.

how will it give confidence to a young player when he knows his head is on the chopping block every time he goes for a poor score?

and your attempts to twist the argument are not going to work, I am not 'blaming' Inzy for Salman's struggles early on in his career, but if they had shown more belief in him, then he would've responded.

^^^Liar Liar, Pants on Fire...you have always blamed Inzi the Captain for Salman's lack of performances because he was dropped right and left after every appearance! And the main post I replied to (by Sameer) suggested that and some more.

Now, I don't need to discuss it any more as I have readily proved that he was always rested/dropped for a reason or two...bad scores, patching up the batting etc.

BTW, you are crying so much about Butt being dropped after scoring a hundred and then 3 poor scores in a row (0,0,13)...yet, you agree with Butt's decision to drop Kamran after only having one bad game; isn't that hypocritical?

Last edited:
Do you have a memory deficiency a la :ibutt

He isn't protecting Akmal anymore now, is he?

Are you retarded...that post was way before the decision was made to drop Akmal; like I said before, go look up comprehension or take a class or two about it!

You are trying to get back at me and too desperate to realize that you are making a laughing stock of yourself in trying to do so:)))

Are you retarded...that post was way before the decision was made to drop Akmal; like I said before, go look up comprehension or take a class or two about it!

You are trying to get back at me and too desperate to realize that you are making a laughing stock of yourself in trying to do so:)))
The only person making a laughing stock of himself is you - you accuse Butt of being President of this so called group leading Malik and Kamran, yet the man drops a member of his group - Akmal.

Therefore the evidence points that your insinuation about Salman Butt in the quoted post is in all likeliness wrong.

Has the muggy weather of Florida completely diminished any intelligence you had?

^^^And yet he suggests that it is a 'Rest' given to his beloved Akmal to think it over...so much for being dropped? I bet you anything that Akmal will be back within a test or two

Have you signed up for them classes yet...you must take them ASAP!

BTW, you just accepted the fact that Akmal indeed is a member of the group Butt belongs to...Self PWNED!

^^^And yet he suggests that it is a 'Rest' given to his beloved Akmal to think it over...so much for being dropped? I bet you anything that Akmal will be back within a test or two

Have you signed up for them classes yet...you must take them ASAP!

BTW, you just accepted the fact that Akmal indeed is a member of the group Butt belongs to...Self PWNED!
*** Monsee? I said so called group - I think you need some glasses.

Let's see how Zuli performs - if he performs well, I doubt Kamran will be back.

Evidence shows Salman is not what you make him out to be.

^^^Yes, evidance suggests he is even worse than we make him to be...

I hope you enjoy the Butt's, Akmal's and Malik's in the team...long live the love and friendship

Who cares about Pakistan!

Hahaha lol at OP
This guy turned out to be one of the most corrupt and immoral cricketer to captain our side
He proved us all wrong

Back