Salman Butt is not involved in grouping

Where art thou the Anti Group and Butt loving brigade...I am sure someone is still blaming Inzi for all this lol!

Where art thou the Anti Group and Butt loving brigade...I am sure someone is still blaming Inzi for all this lol!

Let me nail my colours to the mast:

1. I think that Salman Butt is far too old to be recalled to the Pakistan team.
2. I think that by his behavior he forfeited the right to be selected ahead of inferior but cleaner players of the same age like Azhar Ali.

But people tend to remember Butt's conviction in court and by the ICC, and not the evidence which convicted him.

And the evidence was that:

1. Yes, he committed the specific spotfixing offences, BUT
2. As the OP in this thread wrote, none of Amir, Asif and Butt were actually in the two known MATCHfixing (as opposed to SPOTfixing) cliques that both the defence and the prosecution agreed existed in the Pakistan team in 2009 and 2010.
3. That's why Amir, Asif and Butt ultimately agreed to the spotfix: they saw their teammates earning huge amounts of money to lose matches for Pakistan, and were bought (Amir and Butt) or persuaded (Asif) to do 3 no-balls for a fake fixer who actually was a journalist.

The basic premise of this thread remains the case: the MATCHfixers (whom I could name, but won't) got away with it and were never punished, and in some cases remain in positions of responsibility in Pakistan cricket.

And the 3 players who were corrupted by a journalist weren't actually in a fixing clique in the first place.

The basic premise of this thread remains the case: the MATCHfixers (whom I could name, but won't) got away with it and were never punished, and in some cases remain in positions of responsibility in Pakistan cricket.

Name them and shame them. Why protect them? They're the ones who brought the teams down.

Name them and shame them. Why protect them? They're the ones who brought the teams down.

They’re imaginary characters in Junaid’s fictional imaginary world where he is a supreme British cricket expert cum doctor and Salman Butt is the most wonderful batsman of them hard done by a cruel cruel world.

Back