Score thread - Aus v R.O.W (Super test)

Why the heck did they send in Kallis before Inzi?

The strategy here seems that just play safe when Mcgrath is bowling and smash Lee .

WELL MADE 50 by SEHWAG well played,well deserved 48balls 50 including 10fours

Congrats Shewag on your 50 .Kindly continue your wonderful innings along with Kallis and both of you should build a strong innings and then Inzi and Flintoff should carry that further and build a huge total and put the Aussies under pressure .I would love to see Shewag , Kallis and Inzy scoring a Century in this innings .

as long Sehwag stays there. there will be no problem with scoring rate. i hope he gets a DOUBLE :D

Sehwag moves on to 65 off 63balls with 13BOUNDRIES. keep it up Sehwagy till u get double ton :D

sehwag is an amazing test player but when it comes to ODI's he bats like kaneria

Imagine the plight of bowlers if both Shewag and Afridi open and both of them are on a song right from the first ball .

F16 said:
Imagine the plight of bowlers if both Shewag and Afridi open and both of them are on a song right from the first ball .
then 200runs would be at least in 15overs.:D :D

Inzy and Kallis , do not worry about scoring rate , just stay at the crease for the next one and half days and drain the Aussie bowlers and fielders .

Damn what a way to get out. I wish he came in durign watson spell to get his eye in.

ZM said:
atleast inzi got more than dravid

That sounds like a Indian would say :p Moreover, oh well still a second innings, he is still a great batsmen and can bounce back.

dont worry people
there is still anotha ROW innings left

"atleast inzi got more than dravid"

Yeah but they both flopped big time atleast Sehwag showed some class and spanked some boundaries and scored a half decent 70 odd

as good as he is, there is only one player in intl cricket loses his balance as often as inzamam does. he shd have fared better. poor show that.

and ive said before
these are useless games
even lara isnt performing
wait till country vs country

Oh INZY ,what was the need to hurry .I wanted you and Kallis to stay at the Crease for long and drain the Aussies .You have disappointed your fans .Anyway hope you do well in the next innings .

Blistering Barnacle said:
Check out the batting averages of the World XI:

Smith - 55
Sehwag - 55
Dravid - 58
Lara - 54
Inzamam - 50
Kallis - 56
Flintoff - 33
Boucher - 30
Vettori - 24

I think it's safe to say the World XI will take a first-innings lead with that batting lineup.
jinx us :9:

151-7. Good stuff ....................................by australia :(

warne is too good and with the pitch becoming more of a turner not looking good for aus

koertzen again making a bad call

Boucher = dropped catch and useless with the bat yet picked for WXI? Sanga would be a more viable choice, and another joke showing by World XI. They are going to have bowltheir heart out because this pitch is spinning like hell and only day 2.

maybe it would of been better staging this match on neutral ground. Players are not use to the conditions.

toonboy_awaisyboy™ said:
maybe it would of been better staging this match on neutral ground. Players are not use to the conditions.

Sarjah. Good time to reinvent the ground, introduce the new head office and big crowds seeign as they haven't seen cricket in a long time. I do not know why they choose, Aus or SA? Sharjah is as big a market, if not bigger.

flintoff was on fire but mcgill bowled great encouraging freddie after being hit over the rope for a couple of times.
43.4 MacGill to Flintoff, OUT: once again tossed up, MacGill not
intimidated by Flintoff, this one turns and Flintoff's attempted
heave is a mis-hit and goes up in the air, Lee runs around and
takes a good catch

ICC World XI 183/8, Partnership of 32
A Flintoff c Lee b MacGill 35 (36b 0x4 4x6)
DL Vettori 4* (7b) SCG MacGill 7.4-0-35-2

43.3 MacGill to Flintoff, no run, a touch flatter and outside the off,
driven to cover
43.2 MacGill to Flintoff, SIX, and again! That is another big hit. Down
on one knee and BANG over long-on
43.1 MacGill to Flintoff, SIX, another big one! Flintoff launches that
one over the ropes at long-on. That is a clean hit

Amir said:
Sarjah. Good time to reinvent the ground, introduce the new head office and big crowds seeign as they haven't seen cricket in a long time. I do not know why they choose, Aus or SA? Sharjah is as big a market, if not bigger.

Sharjah is a poor cousin of the mighty wealth machines - Dubai and Abu Dhabi ! They will never let this happen - best to wait for some ( future) super venue in Dubai or the existing Abu Dhabi stadium to take everyones fancy.

Even if the world XI bowls out the Aussies for 100 in second innings , they will have a tough time defending a score of 250 in the final innings .Anyway it is up to Murali and Vettori to wind up the Aussies as quickly as possible .

row strike langer out 22
8.4 Kallis to Langer, OUT: and Kallis strikes! good length delivery,
angling across, Langer looking to cut it away off the back-foot
only manages to edge it straight to Smith at first slips

Well i hope in the 2nd innings Flintoff plays with the same aggression but controls it a bit more. He was taking Macgill to pieces before gifting his wicket away. If he went after the real bad balls then he could've taken him out of the attack.

Did u guys see Shoaib running errands for Kallis !!! truly amazing site - one for his album I would imagine!

RH said:
Well i hope in the 2nd innings Flintoff plays with the same aggression but controls it a bit more. He was taking Macgill to pieces before gifting his wicket away. If he went after the real bad balls then he could've taken him out of the attack.

He reminded me of Afridi today vs WI. Amazing SIXES, Aggressive & also Played a afridi type shot to get out :D

Back