Sharjeel Khan

crazyfaizee

Debutant
Runs
guyz lets talk about sharjeel khan.

There is so much similarity between Sharjeel kahn and Gilchrist.

Both are openers.His stance completely resembles to Gilchrist batting stance and the way he plays cut shots reminds me of Gilchrist.Even the way he was hitting sixes bending one knee and hitting huge six on mid on was Gilchrist shots .But only one thing that separate him from gilchrist thta he is not wicket keeper.I hope selectors dont waste this talent.i would feel sorry for him if he cant make it into pakistan team in future.He is must have ahve palyer for us in ODiS and T20s.Imagine he and Kami will be batting in t20s togehter what a start we will get!

didn't watch him play today, but wow didn't his opening partner destroy the lahori bowling? :azeem

What next?

'Imran Farhat - Pakistani version of Gilchrist'

(except Farhat is not a batsman??)

LoL.
Shahzaib Hasan - Pakistani Sehwag
Mohammad Khalil - Pakistani Irfan Pathan
Umar Akmal - Mixture, of Miandad, and Inzamam
Rameez Aziz - Little Brian Lara
Ahmed Shehzad - Sachin Tendulkar

Now this? :)))

Adam Gilchrist? Really? I thought he looked more like Sir Viv Richards, but better.

Too early to compare him to a great like gilchrist but this guy has got some serious talent

guyz lets talk about sharjeel khan.

There is so much similarity between Sharjeel kahn and Gilchrist.

Both are openers.His stance completely resembles to Gilchrist batting stance and the way he plays cut shots reminds me of Gilchrist.Even the way he was hitting sixes bending one knee and hitting huge six on mid on was Gilchrist shots .But only one thing that separate him from gilchrist thta he is not wicket keeper.I hope selectors dont waste this talent.i would feel sorry for him if he cant make it into pakistan team in future.He is must have ahve palyer for us in ODiS and T20s.Imagine he and Kami will be batting in t20s togehter what a start we will get!

if he's not the keeper than why the comparison :facepalm:

and when you think you've seen enough .......you see this..

Adam Gilchrist? Really? I thought he looked more like Sir Viv Richards, but better.

:))) :))) :)))

:facepalm:

He is a mix of Bradman and Lara!
I hope he wins the player of the year thid year..

He is a mix of Bradman and Lara!
I hope he wins the player of the year thid year..

which team he plays from? can u post his batting videos would love to see it as i hv no clue of it

Who gives these people account?

Shouldn't there be some sort of screening test before you register with PP?

Hahaha.

To be fair I see what you're getting at; his style is a poor imitation of Gilchrist in that he slams the ball around the ground and (a bit like Hayden) walks down the track regularly. He's also big and broad-shouldered, etc etc. But come on mate. He has a lot to prove

He is future prospect i hope dumb selectors dont waste this rare talent. His hitting is marvelous.

Who gives these people account?

Shouldn't there be some sort of screening test before you register with PP?

test questions

1. who is the no keeping pak equivalent of Gilchrist? :farhat
2. who is the right hand non keeping equivalent of Gilchrist?:hafeez
3. who is the right arm non bowler pak equivalent of Zaherr Khan?:amin

feel free to add

I stopped seriously rating players on t20 domestic performance after Shahzaib...

The guy looks like Sir Viv when he's batting in our t20 yet looks like Chris Martin on the international stage.

Once I see these kinds of performances consistently in list A/first class and more importantly, odis/tests/int t20, then I'll think about including him in the same sentance as Gilly.

I hope i am wrong, but he might turn out to be exatly like shehzad.

Allah khar kare......yaar koi isko thanda rooh afza pilaye....kesi baatein ker rahe ho..

Shahzad isnt that bad he has great talent but doesnt have temperament

i didnt say he was bad lol.

I think he will be good on flat tracks, thats all. i dont expect them to perform in difficult conditions. so are many other pak batsmen.

If these performances do not provide him the opportunity in Pak t20 and odi side then I wonder what will.

Its not right to compare him with Gilchrist. Gilchrist is once in a generation player. This fellow Sharjeel is yet to play at International level. Its stupid to compare them. If he is talented or not, it will be found out when he faces International bowlers in International matches. Untill then no need to raise the expectations.

Wow, this is his first failure and people have already stared writing him off

oh wow! It's about how he failed against a better bowling line up. Trying to slog everything on the leg side and getting bowled trying that merits criticism.

He is a bright talent, one failure does not mean that he is nothing, he just need keep his head cool & keep working hard on his game, he is one for the future.

Sharjeel has been long touted as a player ready for international level but he too like many has not got the chance to play yet. His best bet is dislodging Taufeeq but I see Jamshed taking that spot for the tour of SA

His List A stats are quite amazing......average of 44 and a strike rate of 110

He should try to sneak into Sialkot stallions and may be he will get a chance to showcase his talent to the world

Heard his fitness is a big issue with him. Any videos of him batting?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GG0ciZd11wU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hb6CK4nTMr4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beastly knock.

If Shehzad fails, he should replace him for the SL series.

His batting looks flawless. hardly seems to hit the ball.

194 from 124 is massive. and smahing 13 sixes is just wow.!! He should be included in our OD team ahead of Hafeez or Shahzad. hope he doesn't turn out to be another NJ in fitness :nasir

Sharjeel Khan's last 5 List-A knocks:

87(79) v NBP
61(56) v SNGPL
90(84) v KRL
81(81) v PQA
194(124) v WAPDA

WoW great consistency along with Spectacular Strike Rate

Sharjeel Khan List-A Career stats: Runs:1426 Average:52.81 S/R:109.86

This Guy surely deserves a chance in SL series and SA-T20s

He has always been a brilliant limited overs batsman, he came close to being selected a few times but couldn't make it and probably needed an extra ordinary inning to grab attention and THIS should good enough to get some attention, BRILLIANT inning by Sharjeel.

30 avg in t20 and 50 plus in List A. Definitely deserves a shot in LOI. How he doesn't get a chance and a guy like Shafiq consistently does baffles me.

Just spoke to him and told him consistency is key. He said he'll try his best to score another hundred next game.

I have always said that he will be monster batsman in T20s and ODIs. Its very hard to understand that why he has not debut yet for Pakistan when Pakistan has such a big problem with openers.

Just spoke to him and told him consistency is key. He said he'll try his best to score another hundred next game.

How do you manage to talk to almost every upcoming youngsta beauty?

Reveal the secret :najam

Now I wish the Mods didn't delete my thread on him some years back. The Hyderabad dynamite!

This Guy is Natural Aggresive Batsman
and has Better S/R Compare to Other Openers like Shahzad,Jamshed,Imran Nazir,Shahzaib Hasaan etc

he's constantly knocking on the selectors' door but there seems to be no one answering

Back