Shoriful Islam - Bangladeshi pacer performance watch

FlickedOffHips

Tape Ball Star
Runs
I just wanted to start a thread about a player I believe we'll hear a lot about over the next decade, Shoriful Islam. For me, he was the most impressive quick bowler in the Test series against New Zealand. For those unfamiliar, he's a young, tall lefty who bowls a steady 130-135, bowls good lengths, gets some bounce, but most importantly can nip the ball both ways.

He was used far too sparingly in these Test matches, but even on these slow, spin heavy tracks, with what opportunity he did get, he looked the part and troubled both Latham and Conway, eventually dismissing both once with balls which nipped away from the left hander. He also dismissed the in-form Phillips in the 2nd Test by going around the wicket and nipping the ball away from the right hander.
He comfortably out-bowled both Southee and Jamieson and was the top pacer in a series where pacers played a limited role.

I hope Bangladesh look after him. After the disappointment of Mustifizur's test retirement and his general lack of interest in playing any Test cricket, there hasn't been a decent Bangladeshi pacer around. I also hope Shoriful makes a commitment to playing red-ball cricket for Bangladesh, and doesn't chase the franchise money.

If he does, I'm convinced I have seen the first great Bangladeshi fast bowler.

What a bowling performance by Shoriful Islam against New Zealand in the 3rd ODI!

His match figures are 22/3 in 7 overs

I liked Shoriful in the Asia Cup and he put in another good display vs NZL helping to skittle them all out for 98.

He's tall, decent pace and his record so far shows he can play all formats.

Magnificent performance by Shoriful today. Also against New Zealand in their own home.

At this point he is the best left arm seamer in Asia. Madhushanka is also getting better.

I liked Shoriful in the Asia Cup and he put in another good display vs NZL helping to skittle them all out for 98.

He's tall, decent pace and his record so far shows he can play all formats.
I like the duo of Shoriful and Mustafizur.

At this point he is the best left arm seamer in Asia. Madhushanka is also getting better.

Yeah both are very talented.

I think Shoriful Islam has an edge over Madushanka because of his pace and ability to swing the ball both ways.

Shriful has done a fantastic job for Bangladesh as the bowling spearhead. Mustafizur and Shoriful plus Taskin is a good trio to have.

They have a better fast bowling attack compared to Pakistan. Pakistan's attack is even worst than the Nederland's.

Bowls 135 to 142 clicks. Good bounce. Tall. Can move the ball. Great talent. Good find.

Bangladesh fast bowler Shoriful Islam revealed he received a message from Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Lucknow Super Giants but availability issues stopped him from taking part in the tournament.

Mustafizur Rahman is the only player from Bangladesh plying his trade in the IPL as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) allowed him to play the tournament till 1 May.

The BCB was willing to give him an NOC for the window between the Sri Lanka series and the Zimbabwe series but the Lucknow franchise wanted him for the whole season.

"Lucknow [Super Giants] contacted me. But the timespan for the NOC was too short. That's why they didn't respond further," Shoriful told reporters on Thursday after leading Abahani Ltd to a massive 10-wicket win over Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club in the Dhaka Premier League (DPL). Shoriful was the pick of the bowlers with four wickets.

Shoriful has the desire to take part in the lucrative T20 tournament in future. "If I stay fit and in form, I will play the IPL in future Insha Allah. I hope I will do well if I get a chance," he said.

He is probably the best left handed pacer Bangladesh has.

I rate him even higher than Mustafizur Rahman because he has some extra pace and can swing the ball even with an old ball.

He is a pretty good bowler tbh. He has got pace, swing and sometimes he bowls a wonderful channel. IPL would have given him a lot of confidence but NOC problems halted his progress. Anyways, he is one of the best ones out there for his national team.

Back