Sidearm.

All-Rounder

Debutant
Runs
Hello there. I am a top order batsman. People suggested me to use the Sidearm Pro for improving but I found I did not have enough money for that right now. I had found Dog Ball Throwers and I wanted to ask if I can use Dog Ball throwers with cricket balls fitted for practice.

AFAIK, side arm is the cricket version of dog ball thrower. They have made it sturdy and long lasting, usable with cricket balls. Yes, you can use dog thrower but practice the art first.

I have used the pro side arm version made in UK. Most of the time, loosely fitted balls will land short and v.tight will be beamers. It is all about getting used to facing them. When my friend throws them from right arm over, the ball doesn't comes at an inward angle compared to the actual bowler, it sort of goes straight.

Lots of injuries occur due to side-arm. Even the most accurate of them, Graham Gooch has had mishaps when throwing to I Bell etc. Thrower must and should practice with empty stumps, decide on the way he will throw and the speed.

Mate Gooch has had injuries from doing throw downs. Not using the sidearm pro Lol

Sorry if I was wrong about I Bell injury but I am sure there were injuries involving Gooch and sidearm (dog-thrower etc.)

Hello there. I am a top order batsman. People suggested me to use the Sidearm Pro for improving but I found I did not have enough money for that right now. I had found Dog Ball Throwers and I wanted to ask if I can use Dog Ball throwers with cricket balls fitted for practice.

Totally different side arm is awesome and you can generate a lot of pace using it and with some practice accuracy too. Dog ball thrower is first of all not designed to throw cricket balls plus very weak structure.

Back