Slazenger Cricket Bats

JN1301

Debutant
Runs
Just the other day, i tested the 2011 slazenger range. i really liked the v100 and v360. the v200 was alrite and the v500 was rubbish. their softs however could use some improvement. what are your thoughts on the slazenger ?

I don't rate them and Kookaburra high because the price tag they carry is not justified as it is Asian made bat.

I have never liked Slazenger for some reason..

Gray Nicolls :D

One guy at my old club had those old Slazenger V200 and that bat even today goes like a gun and I can't see a single face crack on it :O

In Kookaburra I like there softs (especially Blad 950) but I don't like there bats because all of the ones I have seen around have been dud hence I say Kookaburra is not good :))

Slazenger I haven't picked one nor seen one but going by what KnightRider once said about them I don't rate them high either.

I had a sponsorship with slazenger a few years back and i still use their softs, they are really good in terms of protection and also look up to date with design. Their bats however, is a different story. Highly overpriced and even with a discount my mind wasn't set with buying one.

I had a sponsorship with slazenger a few years back and i still use their softs, they are really good in terms of protection and also look up to date with design. Their bats however, is a different story. Highly overpriced and even with a discount my mind wasn't set with buying one.

Bats used to be made in the UK and Aus and were very good. Made by Sondhi in India now and like all you can get a good one but will cost you an arm and a leg trying, a very risky purchase.

Bats used to be made in the UK and Aus and were very good. Made by Sondhi in India now and like all you can get a good one but will cost you an arm and a leg trying, a very risky purchase.

Yeah i know. Some of the bats are superb such as the elite or pro series but its priced the same as GM, GN and other god bat companies so buying a slazenger would be very less satisfying.

But GM and GN (most if not some) bats are made in UK which make them worth the price tag they carry.

Exactly! Do you mind telling what your Slazenger sponsorship was?

Did you apply anywhere else after there deal?

Exactly! Do you mind telling what your Slazenger sponsorship was?

Did you apply anywhere else after there deal?

My coach applied for me when i was 14. It was a 20% discount on bats and softs but they gave me my first softs for free. Ill post pics later. Unfortunately I had to stop playing because i had damaged my right ankle very badly after one season of bowling so i stopped playing:(. The sponsorship was cancelled once i notified them.

Now at 17 i started playing again so i dont know if i can get another sponsorship and im not really bothered tbh because i would like to play with a good variety of equipment rather than one kit from a very low end manufacturer. I only have one kit atm, but i will go on a mental shopping spree in pakistan and im looking to get the ihsan inferno 950 set and CA 10000 pads with 12000 gloves. Also when i make my first ton, my dad should by me a salix pod bat :D

My coach applied for me when i was 14. It was a 20% discount on bats and softs but they gave me my first softs for free. Ill post pics later. Unfortunately I had to stop playing because i had damaged my right ankle very badly after one season of bowling so i stopped playing:(. The sponsorship was cancelled once i notified them.

Now at 17 i started playing again so i dont know if i can get another sponsorship and im not really bothered tbh because i would like to play with a good variety of equipment rather than one kit from a very low end manufacturer. I only have one kit atm, but i will go on a mental shopping spree in pakistan and im looking to get the ihsan inferno 950 set and CA 10000 pads with 12000 gloves. Also when i make my first ton, my dad should by me a salix pod bat :D
making a comeback! nice, hope everything goes well for you mate

InshAllah, all will go well!

Ahh great that ton deal is the best, seriously it is amazing deal! When you buy Salix you will sleep with that bat every day ever night Salix bats are amazing trust me!

Where in Pakistan will you go and when are you going if you don't mind me asking? Yaar when you Pakistan please be careful because a lot of people can screw you up and sell fake stuff.

You like Ihsan Inferno 950 pads? I have the gloves and I know they are very good, CA 10000 Pads are very good too, ask ExtraCoverDrive on this forum and he'll tell you. 12000 Gloves are very good too but velcro strap becomes lose.

InshAllah, all will go well!

Ahh great that ton deal is the best, seriously it is amazing deal! When you buy Salix you will sleep with that bat every day ever night Salix bats are amazing trust me!

Where in Pakistan will you go and when are you going if you don't mind me asking? Yaar when you Pakistan please be careful because a lot of people can screw you up and sell fake stuff.

You like Ihsan Inferno 950 pads? I have the gloves and I know they are very good, CA 10000 Pads are very good too, ask ExtraCoverDrive on this forum and he'll tell you. 12000 Gloves are very good too but velcro strap becomes lose.

Thanks bro. I really want a salix words cannot describe them.

I live in lahore and have many family members who retail in cricket equipment so im sure im safe. For bats i will be going direct to sialkot with my Uncle. I should be getting one bat of each main companies, CA, Ihsan, MB and my little bro wants a boom boom. I also might be getting my softs there aswell.

Im not a huge fan of the inferno pads but i want a complete set because i am a huge fan of Chris Gayle :D. Also the gloves are the best looking from pakistani brands. I want the CA 10000s because they have a modern style to it, like Puma iridium pads. Im still not sure about my second pair of gloves though. What do you think about pakistani gloves bro?

dont go for the CA 10k pads. not a big fan. even though i myself use the morrant super ultralite.

Thanks bro. I really want a salix words cannot describe them.

I live in lahore and have many family members who retail in cricket equipment so im sure im safe. For bats i will be going direct to sialkot with my Uncle. I should be getting one bat of each main companies, CA, Ihsan, MB and my little bro wants a boom boom. I also might be getting my softs there aswell.

Im not a huge fan of the inferno pads but i want a complete set because i am a huge fan of Chris Gayle :D. Also the gloves are the best looking from pakistani brands. I want the CA 10000s because they have a modern style to it, like Puma iridium pads. Im still not sure about my second pair of gloves though. What do you think about pakistani gloves bro?

Remember patience is the key mere bhai, InshAllah one day you will have Salix InshAllah!

Oh great, I'm from Lahore too! Don't forget to eat Hardees :D:D:D

Anyways, I'm glad that you won't be screwed so that is a good thing. Yeah drop to Sialkot and pick bats from there as it will be a good experience and visiting the factories would be fun :)

I'm not sure if you will get this year Boom Boom softs in Pakistan as they are made in India rather than Pakistan but you can still get last years Boom Boom softs from Sialkot. I have seen Boom Boom 5 Star pads of last year and they were very nice so if you want try those, if you want Puma style gloves then most closest ones are last year Boom Boom gloves as they are exact copy of few years old Puma gloves.

I have used all of top of the line Pakistani gloves and the best ones are CA, MB and Ihsan (no order). MB Bubber Sher gloves I got are very good, very soft and very comfortable but the problem is that velcro strap is not that great it loose its strength after sometime, Ihsan's and Boom Boom gloves don't there velcro strap is very good and CA is just like MB.

I would say try all gloves and buy which are most comfortable.

Have a look at MB Malik Bubber Sher pads as they well they are great too!

Remember patience is the key mere bhai, InshAllah one day you will have Salix InshAllah!

Oh great, I'm from Lahore too! Don't forget to eat Hardees :D:D:D

Anyways, I'm glad that you won't be screwed so that is a good thing. Yeah drop to Sialkot and pick bats from there as it will be a good experience and visiting the factories would be fun :)

I'm not sure if you will get this year Boom Boom softs in Pakistan as they are made in India rather than Pakistan but you can still get last years Boom Boom softs from Sialkot. I have seen Boom Boom 5 Star pads of last year and they were very nice so if you want try those, if you want Puma style gloves then most closest ones are last year Boom Boom gloves as they are exact copy of few years old Puma gloves.

I have used all of top of the line Pakistani gloves and the best ones are CA, MB and Ihsan (no order). MB Bubber Sher gloves I got are very good, very soft and very comfortable but the problem is that velcro strap is not that great it loose its strength after sometime, Ihsan's and Boom Boom gloves don't there velcro strap is very good and CA is just like MB.

I would say try all gloves and buy which are most comfortable.

Have a look at MB Malik Bubber Sher pads as they well they are great too!

Thanks for that CD bhai. Ive looked at the MB maliks and its hard to choose between them and the CA 10000s so i might just end up buying both and leaving the Ihsan pads out. But why oh why are boom boom manufacturing in india :facepalm: they could at least help the damn economy by staying in sialkot. Absolute nonsense.

personally i like the oz blade

I loved the stickers of Oz Blade (last years ones).

Thanks for that CD bhai. Ive looked at the MB maliks and its hard to choose between them and the CA 10000s so i might just end up buying both and leaving the Ihsan pads out. But why oh why are boom boom manufacturing in india :facepalm: they could at least help the damn economy by staying in sialkot. Absolute nonsense.

If you have to buy one from them I would say try the gloves on and buy one which feels better.

Because they find Indian softs to be better.

As far I have heard from Edward all GM bats are made in UK because they are shaped by that CNC/DXM machine.

yeh they looked awsome but i dont really like the other sticker of slazengers

GM only the 909 up. Rest made in India at SG

Top three models are made in Aus and UK rest made in India

Utter ********. Uk and Australia markets all EW bats are made by GM UK. GM india range top 2 grades are English made. Remainder sourced/manufactured by DSC.

02thoeva is one of those guys who knows his onions ... i'd listen to what he's saying

... I only have one kit atm, but i will go on a mental shopping spree in pakistan and im looking to get the ihsan inferno 950 set and CA 10000 pads with 12000 gloves. Also when i make my first ton, my dad should by me a salix pod bat :D

You should definitely consider CA 12K TRD bats as well ... everyone is raving about them

No sir , All GM bats less than 909 are made in India while expensive models like the original are made in U.K but quality of Indian made bats is also excellent :)

hey can i just ask, where are puma bats made? because some poeple say uk while others say india. i dont actually know..

No sir , All GM bats less than 909 are made in India while expensive models like the original are made in U.K but quality of Indian made bats is also excellent :)

LOL They are made in UK not India mate :)

If you can't believe 02thoeva's post then I don't think you will believe anyone! :))

hey can i just ask, where are puma bats made? because some poeple say uk while others say india. i dont actually know..

Only top of the ranges (like 6000 and some (or all) 5000) are made in UK by Robert Pack while other lower ends are made in India.

slanzenger bats are crap i still remember i put a 10mm dent on the edge of a slazenger bat

Back