South Africa (106/6) defeat Netherlands (103/9) by 4 wickets to register their second win of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Kagiso rabada is not a good t20is bowler.
He has mediocre record in international t20is.

This is so painful to watch. Even the shots they nail doesn't travel. No value for shots. Timing is completely off for everyone.

Caribbean venues are proper venues lol THey are equally terrible.
Depends where you go. Barbados and St Lucia are usually good venues with the latter offering the quickest and bounciest track in the region.

Guyana has been slow and low for decades, but the Brian Lara ground in Trinidad played okay during the England series.

Don't know what to expect from St Vincent which has only ever hosted 2 T20Is (back in 2013) or North Sound in Antigua which has barely hosted any top level T20I or CPL.

However I'd be surprised if conditions are anywhere as bad as New York. If ICC wanted US co-hosting they should've stuck to Dallas and Florida which are established venues with settled pitches.

This is a crappy pitch as well. Not a T20 pi tch. Not even a Test match pitch. Just a crappy pitch.

mazzak mut samjho - any useful input ? 87/6 - 2 to go

Last edited by a moderator:
Fighting knock from Engelbrecht on a tough surface. Has given his team something to defend.

This Bartman looks like a pie chucker. But due to movement he gets and variation of pace doign well. At some point i expect him to be thrashed by someone like Stoinis.

The best thing Markram and Walter did is add Baartman to the attack and bench one of Coetzee/Nortje.

Can't afford 2 hit the deck bowlers in these conditions. Need variety in the attack.

My boy Vivian Kingma - this guy had our legends shaking in their boots in the 3 match ODI series in 2022 vs Pakistan where he averaged 21.

Guys like QDK can't even handle pressure of facing NED in WC. Imagine they face Afghanistan in a venue like Guyana during a knockout matches. Rashid and co would probably toy with them.

Chasing is harder here. People think it is easy. Only reason it was easy because of below par total. If you put a par total you can easily defend here.

Watch how RSA win chances go from 99% to 9% in no time. Mighty Dutch are their bogie team.

If any bowler that seams he will be in business. India lacks unfortunately. Shami is the best seam bowler. Siraj is more a scrambled seam bowler

You think chasing 104 is easy
But it's South Africa against Netherlands and the match is in Nassau Stadium

All these IPL super stars cant even handle WC pressure against Dutch ahaha
High time buying Netherland players just to choke South Afircan batsmen :) Anyway South African batsmen choke even in IPL in crunch game. Klassen choked in the final. Markram choked.

Unlike Asian sides Netherlands are sharp in the field. ALso tactically a good side. That is their strength.

On this pitch. Your plan in the powerplay as a batting unit should just be to not lose wickets at all. Just do whatever you can to prevent losing of wickets.

Back