South Africa (106/6) defeat Netherlands (103/9) by 4 wickets to register their second win of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Well Well Well lol Atleast NZ was up against unplayable stuffs. These are not unplayable stuffs. Pure self-imploding. Gentle 125 k dibbly dobbly stuffs

Pakistani fielder would have dropped this catch for sure.
Brilliant from nederlands.

Bro We all talk about pak loss to usa which was in super over are we gonna just keep our eyes shut sa is about to loose 2nd time in t20 world cup against ned lol
This is not a surprise. This was kinda expected as they lost their two encounters against them.

On this ground it is easier to play behind the wicket keeper than any part of the ground. Kind of like playing on the V behind you. Surya Kumar Yadav range.

USA defeated PAK.
Scotland defeated Namibia.
Canada defeated Ireland.
Afghanistan defeated New Zealand.
Bangladesh defeated Sri Lanka.
Can Netherlands defeat South Africa??

Blockbuster this weekend in the T20I World Cup

So that means having like beast like klassen miller and other are nithing if you cant handle your nerves?

Yes. But having them along with mentally tough players will work. He can complement them. But when you look at SA all chokers are in the same team lol In my memory Rassie vander dussen is the only guy who somewhat handles the pressure well. Worst guy is QDK.

16-4 in the PowerPlay.

That has been the challenge. South Africa would kill to be 16-1 here.

Teams should aim to just survive in the powerplay. Kind of like Rizwan - Babar style.

USA defeated PAK.
Canada defeated Ireland.

Bro you see having monster hitters like sa has are nothing if they cant handle world cup pressure.

So that means having like beast like klassen miller and other are nithing if you cant handle your nerves?
No, they are very good players. They will entertain in majority of the matches. In crunch games they might choke though.

USA defeated PAK.
Canada defeated Ireland.

Sharma gets his on the shoulder icc bccI personally go to the pitch to make it flat for tomorrow.. icc trophy’s are handed to you on a plate yet Kohli & co still choke.

16-4 in the PowerPlay.

That has been the challenge. South Africa would kill to be 16-1 here.

Teams should aim to just survive in the powerplay. Kind of like Rizwan - Babar style.
So now we realise babar and riz importance because of pitches bro So you reckon tomorrow they will be key against india?

Sharma gets his on the shoulder icc bccI personally go to the pitch to make it flat for tomorrow.. icc trophy’s are handed to you on a plate yet Kohli & co still choke.
I know USA defeat still hurting .so calm down enjoy the world T20

So now we realise babar and riz importance because of pitches bro So you reckon tomorrow they will be key against india?
I think so. While I favor India by a big margin. Rizwan and Babar are key for Pakistan on this pitch. The reliability factor. If you can ever trust it. It's tomorrow.

But it will also depend on score. If Pakistan are batting first. Can they score 130-140? Because 70-80 or even a 100 runs target for India is going to be comfortable with their strong batting.

So while batting first, try to get to that 140 mark. If you are chasing. Look to concede no more than 120.

even the last wc had very bowler friendly pitches. but some of the pitches in this wc have been ridiculous.
id prefer these pitches in odis and tests, not t20s

Netherlands one wicket from the tail next few overs will decide the game
If I recall correctly. Miller came in a similar situation in 2022 WT20 vs Netherlands and he chocked it before South Africa could accelerate towards the chase.

Right now their plan seem to be to reach 30/4 at the end of 10th over mark and then look to chase the remaining 73 runs in the last 10 with Miller at the crease to power them through with pitch becoming better.

@Rana

I thought South Africa played modern cricket?

One track mind fans are quiet because they can’t blame Babar today.

Netherlands are South Africa’s bogey team… this could be a very close finish

The way I see it. On this pitch you should look at the last 10 overs scenario if you are chasing target.

Lets say you are chasing 130. Now with your XI, you should aim for a total that you can chase it down in the last 10 overs and also account for the number of wickets you need.

If lets say you think you can chase maximum of 80 runs in the last 10 with no more than 3 wickets lost, then you need to be on at least 50 runs mark at the end of first 10 overs.

On this ground first batting team should look for 140 score .this is enough score here

They don’t play modern cricket because they flopped on a landmine?
You would throwing tantrums if it was Pakistan vs Netherlands on this pitch.

I will always expose the agendas of one track mind fans.

If Pak score 120 tomorrow batting first on this wicket, they will win. Kohli is only Indian batsman who can bat 20 overs here.

Singles and doubles are key here. Teams are usually going at about 4-5 runs per over. If boundaries are hard to come by then you focus on the 1s and 2s. If you push hard you can even get an 8-9 runs per over just by running alone. But you need good endurance, stamina and placement skill to be able to do that.

If this is the pitch that Pak vs Ind is happening on tomorrow then theres no doubt imo: win toss and bat first. Pakistan don't have the batsmen to chase anything more than 120 on this sort of pitch against Bumrah and Co. Bat first, aim for 150 and hope your four seamers can defend.

Feels like a tactical error from Netherlands skipper by leaving plenty of his weaker bowlers overs for the last 10. Should have bowled a few when Miller came at the crease.

Pitch is much easier to bat now. Game is in South Africa's pocket with run a ball requirement.

29 runs required in the last 5 overs. We can have another super over finish here.

Stubbs gone! After playing a maiden over, the pressure goes back to South Africa and they give a wicket away. Jansen in next. Are South Africa choking?

Stubbs gone! After playing a maiden over, the pressure goes back to South Africa and they give a wicket away. Jansen in next. Are South Africa choking?
If they get Miller right now it will become spicy again. Usually Miller just needs 4 balls in these situations

Virat Kohli dropped a sitter in similar situation in the last world T20. He dropped Markram which cost us the game.

South Africa need 25 from 3 over .
Miller is standing between Netherlands win

Back