South Africa (113/6) defeat Bangladesh (109/7) by 4 runs in a nail-biting encounter of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

This is worse than yesterday's loss by Pakistan. :LOL:
Maharaj did his best to win Bangladesh, but the batsmen are clueless.

I kept telling people full tosses are not easy to hit on this pitch because of how soft the ball is.

Magar phir bhi zid
A full toss is a full toss on any pitch and on any ground, any half decent batsman should be able to hit it as they are setting themselves up for that shot at this stage anyway.

It's poor execution, nothing else.

Terrible luck for Bangladesh. Must feel like getting robbed

But just like the game yesterday, set batsmen need to close out these games. It's extremely tough for newer guys to come in and get going right away.

Is full toss the best delivery to bowl on this wicket? :ROFLMAO:
Not the best but this is why i said chacha is a horrible batter magar kal lower order ko to maaf kar do.

Hotting a soft ball is not easy, this is why icc introduced the 2 new balls rule in odi. We are witnessing 1970 cricket in NY

Umpires cheated today. There is no other way about it.

Umpires tried to help South Africa. LOL. Almost all close decisions went in favor of South Africa.

But, it's okay. BD are not in danger yet. They just have to beat the associates now.

Definitely To Bd and Pak batsman in the last 2 overs yeah
Bangladesh also had only one batsman having the measure of this pitch. Once Hridoy got out, they lost the plot.

The set batsman has to finish the game off on this wicket. Miller did it against Netherlands and there-in lies the difference between him and batters like Rizwan and Hridoy

A full toss is a full toss on any pitch and on any ground, any half decent batsman should be able to hit it as they are setting themselves up for that shot at this stage anyway.

It's poor execution, nothing else.
Arei kakei, understand cricket and understand why icc introduced the 2 new ball rule.

It just makes you appreciate the 1970-2000 era more.

Now for Canada and Pakistan if a full toss happens and same resukt you'll claim it was poor execution 3x in a row? What a coincidence

Arei kakei, understand cricket and understand why icc introduced the 2 new ball rule.

It just makes you appreciate the 1970-2000 era more.

Now for Canada and Pakistan if a full toss happens and same resukt you'll claim it was poor execution 3x in a row? What a coincidence
A full toss is a full toss on any wicket, once again I repeat.

The only argument you can probably make is that the batsmen are not really middling the ball well and are never 'in', so makes it harder for them to take full advantage. This applies to poor batters, but any half-decent T20I batter will take the opportunity to deposit the ball into the stands.

Umpires tried to help South Africa. LOL. Almost all close decisions went in favor of South Africa.

But, it's okay. BD are not in danger yet. They just have to beat the associates now.
I dont trust BD against NED. Anything can happen in T20 match. They should wrapped up the game today. Jaker Ali looks terrible. Shanto horrible horrible. Hridoy proved you dont need 100 games to prove yourself like Litton, Shanto, Soumiya.

I dont trust BD against NED. Anything can happen in T20 match. They should wrapped up the game today. Jaker Ali looks terrible. Shanto horrible horrible. Hridoy proved you dont need 100 games to prove yourself like Litton, Shanto, Soumiya.

BD is scheduled to play Netherlands in the Caribbean (low and slow). Those pitches should assist BD more than Netherlands.

Let's see what happens.

A full toss is a full toss on any wicket, once again I repeat.

The only argument you can probably make is that the batsmen are not really middling the ball well and are never 'in', so makes it harder for them to take full advantage. This applies to poor batters, but any half-decent T20I batter will take the opportunity to deposit the ball into the stands.
You can repeat as many times as you like and I can repeat as many times, doesn't make a difference.

If imad wasn't their yesterday and it was azam or nawaz or any other batter you'd be agreeing with me. It's just one person ego issue that's preventing that barrier from cracking.

As I said, I no longer care about imad, he's unfit, and frankly he's done with international cricket. But watch cricket through the lens of an entire unit, not just one player.

Granted Mahmadullah is the Bangaldeshi chacha and is also a historical bottler

Brother @sweep_shot came back yesterday just to see India lose and now has been left with a double heartbreak.

Bura hua yaar
You took the words out of my mouth.

This guy was hiding for all these weeks (ever since USA beat his team black and blue a few weeks back) and only coming out of his hole to mock what looked like a possible Indian loss turning out otherwise, now this result :ua

Netherlands might qualify at the expense of SL and Bangladesh from this group

Proteas win ! Brother Maharaj winning it for SA just like he did at Chennai against PAK

BD choked just like PAK yesterday . : 😨
he didnt bowl well 2 or 3 full tosses, and bangladesh almost had it, a great catch to get rid of Mahmudullah but regardless a great win by South Africa

It appears players lost the ability to dispatch full.tosses. Three dollies from Maharaj in the last over

You can repeat as many times as you like and I can repeat as many times, doesn't make a difference.

If imad wasn't their yesterday and it was azam or nawaz or any other batter you'd be agreeing with me. It's just one person ego issue that's preventing that barrier from cracking.

As I said, I no longer care about imad, he's unfit, and frankly he's done with international cricket. But watch cricket through the lens of an entire unit, not just one player.

Granted Mahmadullah is the Bangaldeshi chacha and is also a historical bottler
Imad didn't even miss any full tosses yesterday, so I'm not sure how is this an attack on your hero?

Can you make an objective argument for once rather than divert the topic as usual?

Also stupid umpires gave useless lbw which went for four. I knew that would be the decider. Just terrible umpiring.

This again shows why last 6 to 8 overs are treacherous to bat on this pitch. I believe par score was 125.

16-20 overs is extremely difficult batting on this pitch
You should try to win in 18th over. SA had nervous moments against chasing 103 before Miller flexed his muscles. India against Ireland chasing 97 started attacking from the start finished in 12 overs.

he didnt bowl well 2 or 3 full tosses, and bangladesh almost had it, a great catch to get rid of Mahmudullah but regardless a great win by South Africa

Yeah he bowled rubbish. But problem is Mahmudullah is even more rubbish especially in T20's. Terrible batter.

Imad didn't even miss any full tosses yesterday, so I'm not sure how is this an attack on your hero?

Can you make an objective argument for once rather than divert the topic as usual?
I have no pakistani hero, not even one besides 2 saeed anwar who's batting I throughly enjoy and wasim akram.

I already made an objective argument, I talked about the ball going soft, being harder to muscle, and this game and the previous one proved it.

You countered by saying a full toss is a full toss, And? A wicket is a wicket, a run is a run, a 4 is a 4, a rizwan is a Bradman.

What kind of counter are you even making? And kindly don't take anymore imad cheap shots at me now. Idc if you think he's my hero, villian, nani, chachi, dhusman or whatever.

3Rd Ump gave not out on that one. BD got the four
Of course it was not out, but umpires didnt add the four runs. That was the decider, also they gave lame LBW call against Hridoy. I dont usually complain about umpires anymore, but today umpiring was treacherous like the pitch.

SA are actually through but by the barest of margins

They could have lost all 3
The Nedtherlands one was the biggest scare.

Sri lanka one was kinda a breeze tbf, nothing to traumatic.

They were in danger of losing 2 only and pulled it of. Sri lanka was a won game, they got bowled for 77 I believe

Of course it was not out, but umpires didnt add the four runs. That was the decider, also they gave lame LBW call against Hridoy. I dont usually complain about umpires anymore, but today umpiring was treacherous like the pitch.
Oh dang. U are right. Apparently if it's given out by the umpire, then the 4 doesn't count. It was a bad decision to give that out. I thought the 4 leg byes stood

All said and done, Nasser Hussain is right. BD always lacked power hitters down the orders. They are still relying on Mahmudullah with grey hairs. Also, one of the most horrible and terrible corrupt management.

Oh dang. U are right. Apparently if it's given out by the umpire, then the 4 doesn't count. It was a bad decision to give that out. I thought the 4 leg byes stood

If those 4 leg byes counted, we would've had a super over.

Anyway, what's done is done. BD just have to beat the associates now.

If those 4 leg byes counted, we would've had a super over.

Anyway, what's done is done. BD just have to beat the associates now.
No, they would've played differently instead of trying to hit for 6 in the last few balls. It would been something like needing 3 runs off 3 balls. With a team like BD, you can bet these types of things will come back to matter. It will happen again to watch. These guys can never overcome from bad umpiring...never.

No, they would've played differently instead of trying to hit for 6 in the last few balls. It would been something like needing 3 runs off 3 balls. With a team like BD, you can bet these types of things will come back to matter. It will happen again to watch. These guys can never overcome from bad umpiring...never.
BD with they would had could had.. I recall same with Rohit sharma noball, they would had played differently, they could had played differently even now against 3 full tosses of a spinner.

SA are actually through but by the barest of margins

They could have lost all 3

Technically they are not through but the that would require

Nepal to beat all of SL/BD/SA
NED to beat both BD and SL.

If even one of those results doesn't happen, SA qualify.

Just a mere formality now.

BD with they would had could had.. I recall same with Rohit sharma noball, they would had played differently, they could had played differently even now against 3 full tosses of a spinner.
oh yeah I agree with what you are saying. That's what I am saying as well. These guys could never overcome just 1 bad umpiring decision, usually it comes back it comes back to haunt them 99% of the time.

Yes, it certainly exposed Imad for the fraud that he is.
It's not my fault imad lives in your head rent free, and that I live in your head rent free.

I don't even speak to you half the time unless you ping me like a female teenager. You're such an effeminate male ong.

Do you wanna take a break, irrespective of Imad or Babar or Rizwan you guys are just comparing on who played the worst?
I don't even ping this clown, He's pinged me 10x this day alone.

Otherwise he's a footnote to me, my whole day is spent thinking about cricket, then 1 ping from Mamoon and then I reply and back to cricket.

That's how irrelevant he is to me and that's how it should be cause he and I aren't irl buddies. He doesn't know me, you gotta be extremely vela and a huge loser irl to let someone online live in your head like they own the apartment

South Africa beat Bangladesh in record-breaking New York nailbiter

After Heinrich Klaasen and David Miller had rescued the Proteas with a 79-run stand, Pacers Kagiso Rabada (2/19) and Anrich Nortje (2/17) played crucial roles in limiting the Bangladesh batting line-up.

Towhid Hridoy almost played a winning hand with his sparkling 37 (34), but it all came down to a dramatic final over by Keshav Maharaj. After dismissing Jaker Ali (8 from 9), Maharaj was inches away from conceding the final runs, with Maumudullah caught on the fence for 20 (27) with Bangladesh needing six to win from the final two balls.

And new batter Taskin Ahmed wasn’t able to find the maximum off the closing ball of the innings as South Africa made it three wins from three to top Group D.

The Bangladesh top order scrapped through a testing opening period in their chase, reaching the end of the Powerplay on 29/1, with opener Tanzid Hasan (9 from 9) the only batter dismissed – caught behind off Kagiso Rabada.

But South Africa’s leading bowlers hit back through the middle overs to set up a nailbiter.

Keshav Maharaj struck with his very first ball to get Litton Das for 9 from 13, and Anrich Nortje did damage to remove Najmul Hossain Shanto (14 from 23) and Shakib Al Hasan (3 from 4).

A superb knock of 37 from 34 balls by Towhid Hridoy gave the Tigers a terrific chance, only for the match to take another swing in momentum when he was trapped lbw by Rabada to leave Bangladesh five down with 20 runs still required at exactly a run a ball.

The game went down to the final over, bowled by the spinner Maharaj, who picked up two wickets and got away with a pair of full tosses from the two final balls of the innings as South Africa somehow escaped with a four-run margin of victory.

Earlier, South Africa won the toss and opted to bat first against Bangladesh at the Nassau County International Cricket Stadium in New York.

And an excellent partnership between Heinrich Klaasen (46 from 44) and David Miller (29 from 38) helped the Proteas recover to 113/6 after losing four early wickets.

It was the Tigers who enjoyed the better of the opening stages, even after Quinton de Kock banged ten runs from the first three balls of the innings.

Tanzim Hazan Sakib did much of the damage in the Powerplay, removing Reeza Hendricks (0 from 1), De Kock (18 from 11) and Tristan Stubbs (0 from 5), with Taskin Ahmed also getting in on the act to clean up captain Aiden Markram (4 from 8).

And that flurry of early wickets left South Africa on 25/4 at the end of the opening six overs, but with Klassen and Miller still out in the middle and eyeing another rescue job.

The pair put on a solid recovery partnership worth 79 at a run-a-ball, lifting South Africa up to triple figures.

Both set batters fell in the death overs as they looked to accelerate, but 113/6 could well prove tricky on a surface that offered plenty for the bowlers.

Tanzim Hasan Sakib finished with the pick of the figures with 3/18 from four overs, with Taskin (2/19) and Rishad Hossain (1/32) the other bowlers to pick up wickets.

ICC

I don't even ping this clown, He's pinged me 10x this day alone.

Otherwise he's a footnote to me, my whole day is spent thinking about cricket, then 1 ping from Mamoon and then I reply and back to cricket.

That's how irrelevant he is to me and that's how it should be cause he and I aren't irl buddies. He doesn't know me, you gotta be extremely vela and a huge loser irl to let someone online live in your head like they own the apartment
I usually bag Bangla fans for whinging about umpiring calls. But this one i am with them. Bowlres barely appealed. Umpire was trigger happy on both occasions. Both were more NOT OUT than OUT. Both costed them in the end.

In some ways, this was even worse than yesterday's chase because Bangladesh were winning this match till the start of the 17th over. And unlike Pak batters, Hridoy and Mahmudullah had actually gotten the measure of the pitch.

In other ways it wasn't because it's Bangladesh playing against South Africa.

Back