South Africa (124/7) beat West Indies (135/8) by 3 wickets via the DLS method to book semi-final spot

Incredible fitness levels to do that at Chennai. Even the fittest guys would collapse there.
yes. that was not an easy chase. NZ set similar target and choked Afg under 150 on same track. that game gave Pakistan false sense of security that 280 would be enough

There is a reason why they didn't qualify for super 12 last season. They were undone by Scotland spinners exactly like this. Imploded for 118 runs.

40 dot balls today. Slightly better than other day. Still a lot of balls as they haven't hit enough sixes.

West Indies haven't beaten a single top side this whole cup.

They've beaten Afghanistan yes and bullied USA and other minnows into oblivion including a completly out of it NZ.

But otherwise they haven't beaten inform SEA (Excluding the N cause Nz was crap this tournament and could barely hold the bat)

West Indies haven't beaten a single top side this whole cup.

They've beaten Afghanistan yes and bullied USA and other minnows into oblivion including a completly out of it NZ.

But otherwise they haven't beaten inform SEA (Excluding the N cause Nz was crap this tournament and could barely hold the bat)
Actually they almost lost to PNG. But for the drop catch they would ahve won.

118-8

Low score, maybe defendable with some luck, two overs more to try to add some valuable runs

118-8

Low score, maybe defendable with some luck, two overs more to try to add some valuable runs
Luck = Saffters committing harakiri. This is not defendable. They also have 3 spinners. But SA doesn't have to go hard. They can rotate strike and win it.

Netherlands choked SA defending 130 odd total. Can WI do the same. Nothing can be ruled out when it comes to SA.

yes club level. They also choke on the field under pressure.
SA nearly lost to Pakistan in 2023 wc despite Pakistan being the worst bowling attack in the tournament.

Can't really rely on sa ever. Their the most inconsistent side on the planet

Don’t pitch is that difficult. Par score on this pitch I think is 160. But of cities SAF can choke and lose.

Don’t pitch is that difficult. Par score on this pitch I think is 160. But of cities SAF can choke and lose.

It is very much possible with this line up. Because Jansen bats at 7. That is one position more. Maharaja, Shamsi, Nortje, Rabada they are worth 20 runs at the most. So whatever runs they have to make they have to come from top 6. Markram is out of form. DeKock is a serial choker. That will leave Miller, Klassen, Stubbs, Reeza to finish the job. Reeza and Stubbs are not reliable either.

Quinton better function, he has a habit of vanishing during key moments of a tournament

I think South Africa will win and Play Semifinals against Australia / Afghanistan. I hope with latter

Not 1 decent pitch in the whole tournament & after what buttler did to the American bowler yesterday no American will be picking up a bat & ball anytime soon.

Sammy is taking micromanagement to the next level by giving pep talks in the huddle. Let the captain do his job Sammy.

Markram walks out calmly.

He looks good for a decently long innings

Russel takes 2 in his first over. WOw.

For me Markram is the key wicket here.

Back