South African Invitation XI v Pakistanis | Tour Match | Kimberley | 6/3/13 |

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
South African Invitation XI squad
CJ Alexander, T Bavuma, C Chetty, SC Cook*, Q de Kock†, Imran Tahir, CH Morris, J Symes, JD Vandiar, VB van Jaarsveld, GC Viljoen, LB Williams

Pakistanis squad
Abdur Rehman, Asad Shafiq, Imran Farhat, Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal†, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Irfan, Nasir Jamshed, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan

Rest junaid, the guy is our best bowler but seems so injury prone, shouldnt risk him in a practice match.

Considering the disturbing Pakistani trend to make superstars out of otherwise mediocre players, Tahir might snag a fiver today :13:

^^thats just how pak cricket is, on the off days they can make all the balaji raos in the world look like steyn, but on their good days they can make steyn look average.

South African Invitation XI squad
CJ Alexander, T Bavuma, C Chetty, SC Cook*, Q de Kock†, Imran Tahir, CH Morris, J Symes, JD Vandiar, VB van Jaarsveld, GC Viljoen, LB Williams

Pakistanis squad
Abdur Rehman, Asad Shafiq, Imran Farhat, Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal†, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Irfan, Nasir Jamshed, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan

This match should be used as a practice match and we should give everyone a chance, especially those who didn't played on this tour before.

My XI for today's match:

Nasir Jamshed
Imran Farhat
Asad Shafik
Umar Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi (C)
Kamran Akmal
Wahab Riaz
Abdur Rehman
Umar Gul
Junaid Khan

But as I know Misbah, he will play his "oldest and most defensive" XI possible.

it is now almost 4 years that any pak middle order player scored century,pathetic

Probably around the time Moyo was dumped. The students are learning from players who don't know how to pick up singles, so not a surprise.

Someone as mediocre as Shoaib Malik probably has the most centuries for our ine up, just not enough matchwinning batsmen. Batsmen like Misbah will score their average of forty but will never go on to hit a hundred to change the course of a game. As for Younis Khan in this form, nuff said.

And then new talent lik Ahmed Shezad is turned away continously will tried and tested and failed Farhat sticks around like a bad smell.

Is match gonna broadcast on any channel ? Or we will need to stick with cricinfo

Lets see what combination they will play....I think they will play the same one which they intend to field against SAF in 1st ODI...

This is going to be a belter of wicket.....and we will amass 250+ against this side only to be found out against the Saffers when the game really matters.....

Invitatation XI won the toss and will bat first. Good for Pakistan as they will be chasing under lights.

Pak playing XI:

Pakistanis team
Nasir Jamshed, Imran Farhat, Kamran Akmal†, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdur Rehman, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan

Lols Misbah and his love for Younis, Farhat, Malik and Afridi. What a joker really!

Tell me which players do need more exposure to these conditions: umar akmal and Asad Shafiq or Afridi and Malik?

If Pakistan win this match all Misbah will do is to replace Farhat, Riaz and Abdur Rehman with Hafeez, Irfan and Ajmal for the first ODI so probably no Asad and Umar for the first ODI.

Last edited:
Is Super Sports telecasting this game? (asking this because, Cricinfo is having a detailed live commentary)

Last edited:
Completely agree with you, the entire point of selecting people who past it like afridi and failures like Malik and yk is that they have "experience "
I see this team being the final 11 with Hafeez in for one of the openers. It's horrible, misbah is loosing all respect

The odi team keeps going backwards, regardless of result misbah needs to stick with tests after this series as does yk

Last edited by a moderator:
Consistent bowling by Junaid and Gul, going at 7 an over.

Both bowlers bowling wrong line according to the commentary. Boundaries down the leg side.

What's the point having both Malik and afridi in the same team when you have 4 bowlers + Hafeez also

the prospect of bowling more than 4 overs....turns umar gul in to a mouse

Good to see Wahab, Afridi, and Rehman in there. But Umar/Asad should've been in there ahead of Farhat, and Kamran and Jamshed should've been the openers.

Now let's see how Afridi, Wahab, Malik, Younus go.

Last edited:
Gul is getting a beating, I am surprised they didnt give new ball to Riaz.

What has afridi done to deserve a place in the odi team.

I guess it must have been highlighting his hair

Maiden by Junaid.
Wahab should be given the ball instead of Gul now.

I guess Misbah gave the new ball to Gul and not Riaz because he wanted to have a right-left bowling combo.

Finally a maiden over, and it came of Junaid's bowling, not a surprise as Gul is getting hammered.

I think when the spinners come on the RR will drop drastically inshaAllah, it is already come down from 7 to 5.25.

Misbah is very unfair with the newcomers, always keeps them at last resort.

What a pension XI we are fielding..this side looks more like of fighting for their own survival rather than a pakistan XI...............Frhat Younis Malik Afridi Misbah all playing and youngsters like Shafiq n Akmal benched.......

Hafeez rested LOL ! It's like he scored 6 tons in 6 innings and is too tired for this practice match !

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to hope Pakistan loose this game or at very least yk , farhat and afridi / Malik do awfully .

Probably around the time Moyo was dumped. The students are learning from players who don't know how to pick up singles, so not a surprise.

Someone as mediocre as Shoaib Malik probably has the most centuries for our ine up, just not enough matchwinning batsmen. Batsmen like Misbah will score their average of forty but will never go on to hit a hundred to change the course of a game. As for Younis Khan in this form, nuff said.

And then new talent lik Ahmed Shezad is turned away continously will tried and tested and failed Farhat sticks around like a bad smell.

This just boils my blood. Why ooo Why ?

Why is Malik bowling ahead of Rehman and Afridi? :facepalm:

I think they are checking if his bowling is good enough.

He may be played as all rounder instead of Afridi.

Because Afridi is pretty useless with the bat nowadays.

He's useless with the bowl as well , if I had to choose between the 2 I'd pick Malik

the prospect of bowling more than 4 overs....turns umar gul in to a mouse

Actually pathetic Misbah is missing the trick.. Gul should have been used as a THIRD seamer and Not the first seamer.. He does well when hje is used as the third bowler... Hafee understood this trick nd plyed him intelligently!!!!!

Strange thing....Selecting and checking after one practice game........Bad omen for upcoming series..

Abdur Rehman to de Kock, 2 runs, edged passed the keeper
Abdur Rehman to Vandiar, 3 runs, edged passed the keeper

Awful :kami again.:facepalm:

Last edited:
so after 200 games they still have to check Malik's bowling . He can give you a few overs in the middle that's it

Abdur Rehman strikes in his first over. 110/2

Out, finally the ball goes to someone other than Kamran.
Caught at first slip.
Seems to be a spinner wicket.

Bring on Afridi from the other side and just peg them back totally now.

Out, finally the ball goes to someone other than Kamran.
Caught at first slip.
Seems to be a spinner wicket.

Seems like a good batting wicket. Pakistan played on this ground against SL many years ago and chased down 295 quite comfortably. Inzimam got a hundred.

Seems like a good batting wicket. Pakistan played on this ground against SL many years ago and chased down 295 quite comfortably. Inzimam got a hundred.

Thatz INzis' Talent....:ajmal... But our current mediocre batsmen would have crumbled under 220 while chasing that big total.

Lol...Kyle Abbot is not playing.. means they are not giving us an oppurtunity to get a practice against his bowling.:ajmal

Misbah's dream XI:

Farhat
Hafeez
Younis
Misbah (c)
Malik
Afridi
Kamran
Abdul Razzaq
Gul
Sami
Kaneria

I reckon he's doing pretty well to get there, already 8/11 :afridi

NZ made 270+ on this wicket in January and SA failed to chase it down. So the chase will be interesting.

Back