South African Invitation XI v Pakistanis | Tour Match | East London | 27/1/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistani bowlers did well yesterday by picking 7 wickets for 213 after Pak reached 329 at the back of a gritty 93 by Sarfraz Ahmed.

Lets see if they can wrap up the local innings - the lead is 116

Pakistani bowlers did well yesterday by picking 7 wickets for 213 after Pak reached 329 at the back of a gritty 93 by Sarfraz Ahmed.

Lets see if they can wrap up the local innings - the lead is 116

looking at this tour match,i think you guys will do well in 1st test .

you managed a decent 1st inning total & have defended it well till now ...why so circumspect Bassim ?

1. We don't know how the pitch is. It may be a batting pitch.

2. Our middle order managed to go from 105/0 to 145/6 against a 3rd string South African invitation XI

3. Junaid and Irfan didn't look that special. Maybe in case of Junaid, I am hoping he is not trying hard and just keeping it safe on purpose to avoid getting injured.

Test match cricket is way different than first class cricket.

And I would really have liked Pakistan to play 2 tour games to get a judge on our strengths and weaknesses.

Frankly, I don't think this tour game tells anything at all.

We may yet win the series in South Africa ( although I am highly skeptical) but it won't be on the basis of winning or losing this game. That's for sure.

well done by pakistan. But the SA main team is far stronger than their A team and will give pakistan a hard tme.

1. We don't know how the pitch is. It may be a batting pitch.

2. Our middle order managed to go from 105/0 to 145/6 against a 3rd string South African invitation XI

3. Junaid and Irfan didn't look that special. Maybe in case of Junaid, I am hoping he is not trying hard and just keeping it safe on purpose to avoid getting injured.

Test match cricket is way different than first class cricket.

And I would really have liked Pakistan to play 2 tour games to get a judge on our strengths and weaknesses.

Frankly, I don't think this tour game tells anything at all.

We may yet win the series in South Africa ( although I am highly skeptical) but it won't be on the basis of winning or losing this game. That's for sure.

since no one has seen the surface, only the end totals can be used as a indicator & i think they played the 11 which is likely to play in the 1st test & that is the right way- get the likely playing 11 a feel & hit in the middle . personally,i would be surprised if you guys win the series .

Here's a question for PP'ers:

After bowling out South Africa... Should we keep batting for 2 days if we can,

or give our bowlers a second outing sometime tomorrow ?

Re: South African Invitation XI v Pakistanis | Tour Match | East London | 27/1/13 | D

Here's a question for PP'ers:

After bowling out South Africa... Should we keep batting for 2 days if we can,

or give our bowlers a second outing sometime tomorrow ?

Make sure the middle order who failed all get a second bat. Tell them they have as much time as they want. But when they get out or reach 3 figures, declare and give the bowlers another go.

Batters need more practice but a win is also important for morale

Junaid to bowl now.
We need pace at both ends Ajmal has been bowling at one end for about 20 overs Misbah needs to realize that this is not the SC we need pace at both ends.

great batting by sarfraz. He really batted well with tail and gul was scoring as well. Right now bowling is worrying me. Juni is not being that effective or maybe he is just taking it down.

juni has been very ineffective. Plz let him be the complete opposite of this match on 1st febuary,

great batting by sarfraz. He really batted well with tail and gul was scoring as well. Right now bowling is worrying me. Juni is not being that effective or maybe he is just taking it down.

Remember, this is SA the pitches will be helpful for Fast Bowlers but these players are South Africans not Indians they can play Good Fast Bowlers.

juni has been very ineffective. Plz let him be the complete opposite of this match on 1st febuary,
lol. daro mat . i think this is a surface not loaded in f/o batsmen ... saffers wickets were evenly divided between pacers & spinners . btw,if u decide not to play lambu as 3rd seamer,what other pace options are there in squad ?

Remember, this is SA the pitches will be helpful for Fast Bowlers but these players are South Africans not Indians they can play Good Fast Bowlers.

trying posting for a day without talking about India/Indians .... :anwar

ps-score still stuck at 247/8

lol. daro mat . i think this is a surface not loaded in f/o batsmen ... saffers wickets were evenly divided between pacers & spinners . btw,if u decide not to play lambu as 3rd seamer,what other pace options are there in squad ?

Ehsan adil.... :out ajmal gets abbot cleaning up the tail now.

Ehsan Adil.!!!

What a beauty!

Faisal can't stop gushing about this one!

(CRICINDIA behind)

i dont see this in cricinfo commentary ?
btw,80 overs left in the day - you guys should bat for 100 overs & then bowl for 70 overs on day 4 & try for a win .

I remember Kepler Wessels comments during last Pak tour....

He was used to have a close eye on Flags...After watching the direction of wind blowing he predicted that wickets were about to fall and if wind direction was opposite of that he would say these were signs of batting conditions ...But i do not remember the ground or the wind direction...!!
This has certainly be the pattern of this match in one period of time even Gul and Junaid are hard to get out and in another period top order batsmen get out like house of cards....

Junaid gets his Third 257 all out.
Hendricks gets bowled.

it would be a nice match if you guys get bowled out for 200 . chasing/defending 270ish on day 4 would make for a exciting game :)

Re: South African Invitation XI v Pakistanis | Tour Match | East London | 27/1/13 | D

That was an excellent yorker by Junaid before, looking at the replay - Junaid bowled a toe-crusher.

Pakistani bowlers conceded runs too quickly. That should be a concern since pakistani batsmen are not likely to give them too many runs to play with

When this match is not being televised ...

Why are there so many trolls around ?

it would be a nice match if you guys get bowled out for 200 . chasing/defending 270ish on day 4 would make for a exciting game :)
From a Pakistani fan's perspective, would be nice if we reach 200... :yk

Last edited:
We should bat,bat and bat until our last batsman,Sarfraz Ahmad or Asad gets out or reaches hundred...

But i know i am being over optimistic here...:p

Guys, can we not make up commentary please. It just confuses people. Thanks.

it is not confusing anymore its irritating but you can't fight with a retarded sense of humor.so unfortunately it will continue

AGREE. Somebody stop them.

slow start but playing slow is allowed in tests. Hope they both make another great opening.

I don't care about slow.

I just wanted to see other 4 make some runs. We all know hafeez and Jamshed are in form.

I don't care about slow.

I just wanted to see other 4 make some runs. We all know hafeez and Jamshed are in form.

I do..if our batsmen can't hit against a club side then how will they face the mighty Steyn,Morkel and Philander?also shows they are already scared?:13: got to show some positive approach

hmm,now that they have got their eyes in,time to play some strokes .

28/0 & 64 overs remain for the day .

these are Pakistani batsmen we are talking about...when they start to play some nice shots they get out:yk Umer is exception..

these are Pakistani batsmen we are talking about...when they start to play some nice shots they get out:yk Umer is exception..

i dont think your test batting is all that bad . lunch 29/0 .

off topic : mrsn,you a girl ?

these are Pakistani batsmen we are talking about...when they start to play some nice shots they get out Umer is exception..

The last part about umer shows you have no idea. Most of our batsmen survive nice shots except him. Jamsheed is a class act and hafeez is in full form. If they want to play like test cricket not T20 then let them play. In test blocking and good leaves shows positive attitude. It shows you are comfortable, in form and ready to play through whatever they throw and make a big score.

Instructions are clear from the camp...Forget the runs spend more and more time in the middle and rightly so....

But you never know when the wind changes its direction and all of a sudden ball starts doing things..

Completely agree with Saiyan and Couch. They have seen the new ball off and now they should be concentrating on playing a long innings. No need of fancy stroke play, its test cricket.

Completely agree with Saiyan and Couch. They have seen the new ball off and now they should be concentrating on playing a long innings. No need of fancy stroke play, its test cricket.

lol. its 1st class cricket . test 1st feb ko hei .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back