Pakistan end a rain-shortened Day 1 of the 1st Test against South Africa on 145/3

Fawad Alam looks a very good batsman in these conditions and Babar is class as always. Pak needs to change their openers though. Not sure what Abid Ali's domestic record is but dosen't look like an international batsman to me.

As far as SA is concerned, unless they take a cluster of wickets in the morning, a heavy defeat looms them considering they will be batting last.

test match in rawalpindi in this season was never a good idea , should have arranged in multan. I guess security was a big concern.

Security was not the issue.Covid-19 be the reason.The main cities were chosen for logistical reasons.

Maybe we should give the openers time. We can't just drop players we have to give them time. Look at Pant he failed for a long time and now he helped India win v AUS.

Mate it warms my heart that Indians like you, Rahul Dravid (huge honour) and Wasim jaffer brought him up. Honestly thanks and this is what I wanna see from Fawad. Maybe these are his wonder years and he bats till 42 (based on his fitness he could certainly achieve that).

What they said?

What they said?

Yea sorry brother i didn't clarify, I remember seeing a clip of Rahul Dravid on a Indian sports show i believe. The conversation or topic was around Pakistan test cricket and it's middle order, he brought up the option of picking Fawad based on stats he had seen of him online. He knew about his stats and it's embarrassing that Pakistan management couldn't even give him a chance.

Wasim Jaffer on the other hand has brought up his stats and constantly vouched for his selection in Social Media, I believe he did post about his stats when he had a good run in QeA 2019/20.

It just goes to show the knowledge and interest Indian cricketers take in Pak cricket which is brilliant to see but if you are Pak management it's embarrassing.

Easy buddy, couple of wickets and Pakistan will be hoping to get 220

I hope not.

Babar needs a big hundred.

Fawad is also looking solid.

Day 2 batting will be better, pitch hasn't broken up too much, and Maharaj is being exhaustively bowled by QDK.

The runs will come.

Really enjoyed Fawad Alams shot. Brilliant shots

Same, his flick to Nortje was the shot of the day as far as his batting was concerned. I really hope Pakistan take full advantage tomorrow, Linde might not bowl and this is a perfect chance to take advantage of any part timers they throw at us which they will.

Exhaustion will be a factor and i hope Babar and Fawad can frustrate them more, cause let's face it the most threatening right now is Nortje-Rabada other than that i don't see anyone else getting these guys out.

Might be a blessing in disguise if this is stumps cause tomorrow will be good for batting I reckon.

I agree.

However, Babar needs to make sure that he doesn't get out tomorrow. He has a tendency to get out in the first session of the morning, usually due to poor shots. Needs to stay patient and structure his innings so that the team plays around him.

I hope not.

Babar needs a big hundred.

Fawad is also looking solid.

Day 2 batting will be better, pitch hasn't broken up too much, and Maharaj is being exhaustively bowled by QDK.

The runs will come.

Exhaust them more i say, they will end up resorting to Elgar-Markram tomorrow. SA is a bowler short.

Only thing to do is survive tomorrow morning, moisture will be a factor.

Exhaust them more i say, they will end up resorting to Elgar-Markram tomorrow. SA is a bowler short.

Only thing to do is survive tomorrow morning, moisture will be a factor.

With the rain, I think the pitch will retain some moisture, so the ball could grip early on.

Fawad is playing a master stroke by soaking up deliveries, and then scoring gritty runs. He needs to keep doing that, a 50 from even 200 balls won't be bad considering that he'd have worn out the SAF quicks and spinners. Once Elgar and Markram are called to bowl, we must dispatch them thoroughly to get a big score.

I hope we can fight through the morning session, because after that, runs will flow.

Want Babar to get his ton and have other people bat around him, so he will need to make it a big one.

With the rain, I think the pitch will retain some moisture, so the ball could grip early on.

Fawad is playing a master stroke by soaking up deliveries, and then scoring gritty runs. He needs to keep doing that, a 50 from even 200 balls won't be bad considering that he'd have worn out the SAF quicks and spinners. Once Elgar and Markram are called to bowl, we must dispatch them thoroughly to get a big score.

I hope we can fight through the morning session, because after that, runs will flow.

Want Babar to get his ton and have other people bat around him, so he will need to make it a big one.

Yep, Rashid Latif on the eve of the test called it. He said first 2 hrs moisture will be a factor and then it will be a batting paradise and again this was voiced in today's commentary as well, however they didn't make much of the moisture for tomorrow that it will be light and it will be moisture from the covers, i reckon tough it for 1 hr.

Fawad will inshAllah increase his SR when those part timers come on (which they will), I can't believe i was scared of Mulder being selected. Zero pace from him all to the liking of these 2 batsmen. The most serious threat of them all is Nortje but my advise please give him nothing, Rabada is good but the pace isn't as high as Nortje.

Not gonna say more because of nazaar but it'll be interesting tomorrow.

Back