South African Invitation XI v Pakistanis | Tour Match | East London | 27/1/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do..if our batsmen can't hit against a club side then how will they face the mighty Steyn,Morkel and Philander?also shows they are already scared?:13: got to show some positive approach

cLUB SIDE ???

S.A invitation XI are a decent bunch of cricketers. Abbot and Hendricks have bowling averages in low 20's.
We all know Parnell is a decent bowler. Dane Villas , Puttick etc have F.C batting average in 40's. I think S.A inv XI is a pretty decent team

Completely agree with Saiyan and Couch. They have seen the new ball off and now they should be concentrating on playing a long innings. No need of fancy stroke play, its test cricket.

Lol which test? Its after 1 week

Tanvir was doing well when he was scrapped so he deserves another chance. Sadaf ruined his chances by not participating in president's trophy , a bad choice cost him big time.

Very good by operners... 88 opening is excellent. Well we could use some pacers so no problem.

Harmer 9 overs 35/0

good to see Shoiab Malik II getting some phainty..

Re: South African Invitation XI v Pakistanis | Tour Match | East London | 27/1/13 | D

Hafeez and Jamshed are good as an opening pair and its after a long time that we have seen this in Pakistan team.

I think one of them should get out now so other could get some match practice as well..

I didn't think Hafeez would prosper in SA conditions but he's proving me wrong so far

:four

Well hafeez has played great. In crazy form and jamsheed sticking over there making a gritty knock. Love this opening pair.

Good game plan: first 20 overs see off the new ball at 2 an over from than onwards score at 5 an over.

Last 10 ovs 51/0 RR 5.10

Good game plan: first 20 overs see off the new ball at 2 an over from than onwards score at 5 an over.

I like this game plan... 100 opening. thats back to back 100 stand.

Another Four looking to get a decent lead by the end of the day.

108-0

Hafeez striking at 70.

I don't understand why he bats quicker in tests then he does in ODI's.

Pakistan 129/0. Lovely batting it seems.

How about both batsman getting retired and giving chance to middle order batsman who did not got time in middle in the first innings?

In sa after the new ball loses it's shine it is crucial to accelerate between overs 20 to 80 before the 2nd new ball this is where misbah and azhar may fail.

Some Stats for you,
Abbot vs Hafeez and Nasir this innings.

Abbot vs Hafeez : 24 Balls, 9 runs at a S/R of 33.

Abbot vs Nasir : 17 balls, 0 runs at a S/R of 0.

I think we should try batting for two days and probably bowl the last session for our fast bowlers to get more practice especially Junaid, he seemed to have a off day yesterday.

I think we have established that our bowling and the openers are ready for the tests.
About time Hafeez or Jamshed retired and allowed the middle order to gain some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back