South Indian Cinema and Songs

^^Agreed. Subramaniapuram was a classic but there were too many copycats following similar theme and mileu failed/failing miserably in Tamil cinema. Even Sasikumar couldn't deliver similar hit after his debut blockbuster.

Naadodigal wasnt a successs?? I def loved that 20 min of chase sequence before interval !!! especially that back ground music

South Indian Cinema and Songs...

Navroks you watch too many movies for your own good :))

@IgnitedmInd - Nope. Nadodigal was made by Sasikumar's friend Samuthirakkani.

Sasi followed his subramaniapuram success with Eesan (which was a way below average film at box office)

Since then he has only been busy in acting in other's direction n production.

I forgot to ask, R u Navrocks by any chance? and have changed your id to ignited mind? :)

I enjoyed KUMKI and this song is superb.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXFWy74Gxgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

why do south Indian heroes keep moustaches ?

Symbolism. Generally youth hero or playboy character will be clean shaven, mustache is a must for responsible/mature heroes although there are exceptions to this theory.

South Indian Cinema and Songs...

most of recent ones (who started in late 90s or later) dont...surya, allu arjun, mahesh babu, madhavan, arya,sidharth,ram charan, jeeva, naani , nithin, few who have trimmed down or full as senman said is based on the movie like vijay, vikram , ajith..

I Love Nithya Menon ....Brilliant actress and singer as well... !!! really like actresses with Dusky skin....After Trisha krishnan she is my second fav now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBsJJFb8NAw

She sang the below song ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDzqYF9D1oo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT5aAnMqnBU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAk8azpopfA

Btw... I watched this 2012 Tamil movie last night "Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom" (A few pages are missing in between)...Absolutely Brilliant one !!!! Movie about a guy who forgets one year in his life..... I suggest if people can get hold of the subtitles...even non Tamil people should watch it !!!!

I watched the same actors other Tamil movie "Pizza " as well...one more low budget gem !!!!!!

A song from not so recent movie called "Podaa Podi", love the melody and peppiness of the tune. (Song composed and sung by Dharan)

[utube]bJXsNwEIiQ0[/utube]

Now a days telugu song is boring after Atrarantiki Daredhi there is not any good though 1-Nenokkadine movie is good song except aww tuzo mogh kortha all r crap

Drishyam is the only malayalam movie that i liked after a long time.Mohanlal's character as local cable tv operator George kutty and the kids along with Meena and Shajon are just too brilliant.throughout the movie i was like oh God,what will happen next?what will happen next?? :)

How did a pashtoon from Ireland come across this malayalam album song Myrmidon??

Anyway,i will give you a blunt translation of whatever i heard just now in that video:

The woman whom i married is a little less pretty,but she is the most beautiful woman of my life now.
Her smile is like the rise of a full moon.
she always waits for me near the doorsteps.
Her eyes are like pearls/flowers
(next sentence i will not translate-husband and wife stuff)

When i don't talk to her,she starts crying.
When i smiles,its like eid for her.
I can't stay away from her even for a second.
When she is there,i don't feel any sadness.
If there are any tears in my eyes,she will not sleep that day.

She has never complained about anything in her life till now.
She lives by bringing heaps of love for me.
In this life,she was born just for me..

(most part of the song is repeated again and again,thats why my translation looks very short :) )

Last edited:
How did a pashtoon from Ireland come across this malayalam album song Myrmidon??

Anyway,i will give you a blunt translation of whatever i heard just now in that video:

The woman whom i married is a little less pretty,but she is the most beautiful woman of my life now.
Her smile is like the rise of a full moon.
she always waits for me near the doorsteps.
Her eyes are like pearls/flowers
(next sentence i will not translate-husband and wife stuff)

When i don't talk to her,she starts crying.
When i smiles,its like eid for her.
I can't stay away from her even for a second.
When she is there,i don't feel any sadness.
If there are any tears in my eyes,she will not sleep that day.

She has never complained about anything in her life till now.
She lives by bringing heaps of love for me.
In this life,she was born just for me..

(most part of the song is repeated again and again,thats why my translation looks very short :) )

I respect all cultures, in particular Indian culture, most people on this forum are insecure and hence will accuse me of being a racist but I have more cultural tolerance than most of them. I listen to quite a lot of south Indian songs :p Also I find South Indian women some of the most beautiful, they are quite simple.With this song in particular, some guy posted a video once of a man dancing in some dodgy forest to this song and I found this after it, without the man dancing

Thank you so much for going through the trouble of translating it, beautiful lyrics. makes sense, something that sounds so nice, ends up being something like that, about love

Last edited:
So Telugu ppers how is Race Gurram music
My fav song from this album is Down Down and Gala Gala.
Malayam version is not release yet but i know some mallus who listen Telugu song but only Allu Arjun movie songs
:)

So Telugu ppers how is Race Gurram music
My fav song from this album is Down Down and Gala Gala.
Malayam version is not release yet but i know some mallus who listen Telugu song but only Allu Arjun movie songs
:)

Naan Nee‬ - A lovely melody (has got a tinge of resemblance to ‪guitar interlude of Pritam‬'s ‪‎Jhak Maar Ke‬) from ‪Santhosh Narayanan‬'s latest album ‪'Madras‬', sung beautifully by the very talented ‪Shaktishree Gopalan‬

One of my all time favourite malayalam songs:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sVrjMGGMo7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All new malayalam films are rubbish. Not a single one with a quality story line.

Guys listen to "Velayilla Pattadhari (Unemployed graduate)". Some typical tamil songs.

[MENTION=428]Romali_rotti[/MENTION] you look exactly like my uncle(mom's younger brother) who is around 33yrs of age.:)

I hate South Indian cinema there actors and actresses are so ugly and it is like maa-behan of fiction with fake action

Every actor is brown and they have paindu moustache
I hate South Indian cinema there actors and actresses are so ugly and it is like maa-behan of fiction with fake action

Do a little bit of research before coming up with comments like this. There are four film industries in south india, half of the national award winners for best acting is from south india, So don't paint all of them with the same brush, Most of the dubbed films which hindi channels shows are from telugu industry, tbh these films are made for the local people, Nobody is forcing you to watch these films.

That's your opinion . I actually hold the opposite view. I started watching south indian movies 8 years ago mostly telugu and some tamil movies and the telugu actors are way better looking than bollywood actors( u can google them) most are taller than the midget khans. tamil actors like surya vikram madahavan and siddharth abbas etc i find them very appealing and intense don't see much difference between them and other bollywood actors. maybe in the 80's etc they were portly and with moustaches but not anymore. Way before aamir started the abs craze with ghajini it was the Surya and vikram who actually started the trend the khans just copied it. In fact when i see bollywood actors like saif and hritk all i see on their whole face is one big pointed nose and nothing else. SRK was not good looking to begin with if u see him in fauji serial u will know. Even with actress they seem real not model like. No way can anyone call them ugly. In fact the more i see them the more i feel bollywood actress look like sluts and whores.

i agree with the fiction and fake action thing though. But bollywood is no better. I have a hard time choosing which is worse Thank god for hollywood movies.

Do a little bit of research before coming up with comments like this. There are four film industries in south india, half of the national award winners for best acting is from south india, So don't paint all of them with the same brush, Most of the dubbed films which hindi channels shows are from telugu industry, tbh these films are made for the local people, Nobody is forcing you to watch these films.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

[MENTION=137262]Firebreaker[/MENTION] trying hard to stir us lol. Try another day bro.;-)

Atleast I can understand [MENTION=130700]TM Riddle[/MENTION]'s situation. It's natural to feel jealous when you can't even grow a facial hair.:p

Those dubbed films are so annoying.I hate it when the moustached heroes are dancing like fools

KRK is right that most of the South Indian cinema fans are fool and they only go to watch these movies to see their stars nothing else

[MENTION=137262]Firebreaker[/MENTION] trying hard to stir us lol. Try another day bro.;-)

Atleast I can understand [MENTION=130700]TM Riddle[/MENTION]'s situation. It's natural to feel jealous when you can't even grow a facial hair.:p

Don't wanna argue with wannabe Arabs

Last edited:
So I m watching this movie on &pictures called Hindustani yodha :))) :))) seriously couldnt they have come up with a better name . Hero looks like a patient of TB :)))

That was a joke, I thought you watched the movie. Heroine is good

Last bolly movie I watched in theaters was dhoom3 and gave me so much trauma that I still haven't fully recovered from it

To all those Vijay fans.....new look movie poster is out.

I think there are a few Tamil people here..

i am a telugu guy but have been suggested a bunch of new age Tamil cinema by my friends ...Loved most of them.

1. Jigarthanda -- Starring Sidharth and Bobby Simha... loved it. Tarantino style taking in the first half was just brilliant.... Second half was good as well..but was kinda shift from the mood generated in the 1st half. bobby simha is a revelation...

Trailer :

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_T8n-EHr4ZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Velailla Pattathari starring Dhanush and Amala ..... Was good.....did not like the second half again as much...

3. Mayakam Enna -- BRILLIANT !! brilliant is an understatement of the century...

4. Sodhu Kovvum -- Black Comedy at its finest....

5. Raja Rani -- Nazriya :heart: ..Liked it..nothing out of the box..but a simple story told in a very simple manner...

Watched a Malayalam Movie called Bangalore days as well...such a nice simple movie for a rainy evening...loved it.

One of my favorite songs these days...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WS4Mev_vRAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think there are a few Tamil people here..

i am a telugu guy but have been suggested a bunch of new age Tamil cinema by my friends ...Loved most of them.

1. Jigarthanda -- Starring Sidharth and Bobby Simha... loved it. Tarantino style taking in the first half was just brilliant.... Second half was good as well..but was kinda shift from the mood generated in the 1st half. bobby simha is a revelation...

Trailer :

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_T8n-EHr4ZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Velailla Pattathari starring Dhanush and Amala ..... Was good.....did not like the second half again as much...

3. Mayakam Enna -- BRILLIANT !! brilliant is an understatement of the century...

4. Sodhu Kovvum -- Black Comedy at its finest....

5. Raja Rani -- Nazriya [emoji813] ..Liked it..nothing out of the box..but a simple story told in a very simple manner...

Watched a Malayalam Movie called Bangalore days as well...such a nice simple movie for a rainy evening...loved it.

One of my favorite songs these days...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WS4Mev_vRAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Check out Aranya Kandan Pizza Moodar Koodam Gooli Sooda. All are excellent movies. Pizza particularly is the one that started the trend in Tamil.

I assume u have seen Drishyam? Otherwise check out the original in malayam.

Anybody a fan of recent Tamil Mass(kuthu songs?) especially.. Anirudh's ..I am a telugu guy and I find them so entertaining......They are quite often in repeat mode when I am working ...

<iframe width="640" height="420" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RCXzH27eOIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="420" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_NBtp2iiK7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="420" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3kmDf-u75wg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="420" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ilOSXPGPIpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="420" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nIrLsg_DkIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not a big fan of Kuthu songs,I love melodious tamil songs with my coffee(incase i'm having it) and reading material.MGR songs on loudspeakers are a major annoyance for me.

Absolutely love this song..

Question time, how does lot of Malayalee speak tamil ? More over they can sing well and sing in Tamil properly as well. Do Malayalees listen to Tamil songs ? Just about every Tamil singing competition always has several Malayalees. Why you so good at singing ?

Not a big fan of Kuthu songs,I love melodious tamil songs with my coffee(incase i'm having it) and reading material.MGR songs on loudspeakers are a major annoyance for me.

Do people even listen to the songs from then ? Never knew that. I took a course that helped me identify and enjoy good music. It has helped me enjoy music much more, i couldn't use cheap headphones and I had to get expensive ones. Then I started listening to Ilayarajah songs and oh my, I can't believe i didn't enjoy his songs earlier. Good headphones + Good audio quality(60MB per song)+ Meditation + Tuning your ears = Heaven. I can clearly see why some people still think Ilayarajah is better than Ar Rahman. I don't think Ar Rahman songs could get better than some song of Ilayarajah's songs and I grew up listening to Ar Rahman. It is hard to find a good ilayarajah song that is very high in audio quality. Might post some songs here but poor audio quality of 4mb isn't a match compared to 55-60mb song that are just heaven.

Do people even listen to the songs from then ? Never knew that. I took a course that helped me identify and enjoy good music. It has helped me enjoy music much more, i couldn't use cheap headphones and I had to get expensive ones. Then I started listening to Ilayarajah songs and oh my, I can't believe i didn't enjoy his songs earlier. Good headphones + Good audio quality(60MB per song)+ Meditation + Tuning your ears = Heaven. I can clearly see why some people still think Ilayarajah is better than Ar Rahman. I don't think Ar Rahman songs could get better than some song of Ilayarajah's songs and I grew up listening to Ar Rahman. It is hard to find a good ilayarajah song that is very high in audio quality. Might post some songs here but poor audio quality of 4mb isn't a match compared to 55-60mb song that are just heaven.

I agree Ilatarajah is amazing probably the best Tamil Industry ever had,And yeah people listen to old songs and that too on loud speakers all these AIADMK MLAs make sure that MGR is never forgotten :facepalm: even in volvo local buses its old MGR songs gets annoying.

Question time, how does lot of Malayalee speak tamil ? More over they can sing well and sing in Tamil properly as well. Do Malayalees listen to Tamil songs ? Just about every Tamil singing competition always has several Malayalees. Why you so good at singing ?

We watch a lot of tamil and telungu movies. Tamil songs of ilayaraja and rahman will be heard in almost all houses. For us, tamil is plain in pronunciation unlike our tongue twisting malayalam letters and words. So easy to learn.:)

I agree Ilatarajah is amazing probably the best Tamil Industry ever had,And yeah people listen to old songs and that too on loud speakers all these AIADMK MLAs make sure that MGR is never forgotten :facepalm: even in volvo local buses its old MGR songs gets annoying.

One of the best ilayaraja kamalhasan song.:)

Remains one of my fav song and also one of my fav tamil movies Thalapathy.

We watch a lot of tamil and telungu movies. Tamil songs of ilayaraja and rahman will be heard in almost all houses. For us, tamil is plain in pronunciation unlike our tongue twisting malayalam letters and words. So easy to learn.:)

Interesting, can you understand the Tamil spoken on the news ?

We get Jeya TV along with many Tamil Tv channels including the local ones, and I swear the amount of propaganda in Jeya tv exceeds North Korean state television hands down. Wait those new red buses play old songs ? The air conditioned ones ?

Here are two of my new favorites.

Never heard tamil news tbh. Always switched on to malayalam channels during the news time.

That is a very professional way of communicating. Stage speeches, news, most of the songs(slow songs) use this Tamil. This tamil is same through out the world unlike different accents. Not alot of people can speak, especially in Chennai lol

Back