Sri Lanka (179/6) beat Afghanistan (175/6) by 4 wickets in the Asia Cup 2022 Super Fours

I really like Nissanka. He is much better than that garbage Umar Akmal reincarnation: Kusal Mendis.

Wow srilanka is making match of it.
I thought they were gonna streamrolled here by Afghanistan but srilanka is doing very good so far.

The results have been hit or miss so far but you've got to admire the intent from Sri Lanka. They haven't played the Afghan spinners as if its Warne and Murali bowling from opposite ends...they've attacked them and forced them to change their game plan.

Definitely something for Pakistan to look at. Considering the way they have struggled against Rashid, Mujeeb and co. in recent times.

SL - 82/2 (10 overs).

94 runs are needed from the final 10 overs.

Drinks break.

Win toss, win match. Formula should hold today as well, which is too bad for Afghanistan.

Which spinner is the most valuable one in this tournament?

1. Rashid
2. Hasaranga
3. Shadab
4. Chahal

Ye lo Chahal ne Kara di bezzati :facepalm :inti

Tight over from Rashid. 5 from it.

SL- 87/2 (11 overs).

89 runs are needed from 9 overs.

Which spinner is the most valuable one in this tournament?

1. Rashid
2. Hasaranga
3. Shadab
4. Chahal

Ye lo Chahal ne Kara di bezzati :facepalm :inti

I don't think anyone can deny that so far Shadab has been the best. But I see Chahal and Rashid Khan coming back strongly in the coming matches.

Drop catch. Should've been taken.

SL- 101/3 (12 overs).

75 runs are needed from 8 overs.

LOL this umpire is completely out of his depth. Gives an out NOT OUT and gives a not out OUT

Wow Sri lanka. Impressive to see how they have attacked the spinners and not let them settle on a good line & length. Pakistan need to follow a similar game plan instead of only attacking the pacers.

57 runs are needed from the final 6 overs.

SL - 119/3 (14 overs).

Mujeeb has 1 over left. Rashid has 1.

Regardless of the result gotta say I'm very impressed by the way Sri Lanka have taken on the Afghan spinners. There's been very little 'being circumspect'. Alot more smash...wallop...bang.

Without their spinners firing Afghanistan look like a completely toothless outfit. Hopefully Pakistan are taking note...

Against Sri Lanka, Deepak Hooda will be highly effective. They have lot of left handers.

Against Pakistan, his batting will be exposed though with that technique.

This has been a far more exciting and interesting match than Bangladesh v Sri Lanka

Reverse sweep for 4 and Rashid Khan is in tears.

Sri Lanka certainly play a bold & an exciting brand of cricket.

The difference here and why Lankans beat Bangladesh and look to beat the Afghans now is that they are ex ODI/T20 champions... They have the getting over the finish line mentality

This reminds me of the time Babar Azam played that idiotic shot to Rashid in the World Cup when he had something like 3 balls remaining in his spell.

Idiotic from Gunathilaka. Got too overconfident. Can't afford to do that against a world-class operator like Rashid. Even when he is having a bad day

Poor poor by gunathilaka.. think that spat with Rashid caused his wicket.. and Hasaranga start with a boundary..

Rashid has been mediocre this tournament and so is Chahal.

Shadab Khan has outbowled both of them.

20 runs are needed from 3 overs.

Sri Lanka are home almost.

SL - 156/5 (17 overs).

Wow that some record.. first time ever all Rashid, mujeeb and Nabi hit by 2 6s in same innings..

Looks like Lankans are winning this one.

Pakistan-SL game can be a very crucial game now. May determine one of the finalists.

Like I said, win toss, win match.
The rest is just drama to distract us.
Does anyone know if 100% of the matches in this Asia Cup so far have been won by teams winning the toss?
How does UAE compare to other parts of the world in terms of toss win and winning percentage?
I have an incredibly daring prediction to make for the match tomorrow. Whoever wins the toss, India or Pakistan, will win the match.
T-20 cricket is an abomination. In so many ways.

Feel bad for Gurbaz.

After the kind of start he gave them, they should have crossed 190 easily.

SL will beat us and will be in the final. There batting is very talented and they have hitters throughout and what they lack in brain power they make up with talent. Our batting is the weakest amongst the 4 countries and it will cost us dearly

Back