Sri Lanka beat Ireland in 1st ODI by 76 runs (D/L)

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
Ireland Team
J Anderson, GH Dockrell, EC Joyce, AR McBrine, BJ McCarthy, TJ Murtagh, KJ O'Brien, NJ O'Brien†, WTS Porterfield*, SW Poynter, WB Rankin, MC Sorensen, PR Stirling, SR Thompson, GC Wilson

Sri Lanka Team
LD Chandimal†, DM de Silva, RMS Eranga, N Pradeep, MD Gunathilaka, S Randiv, RAS Lakmal, MF Maharoof, AD Mathews*, BKG Mendis, MDKJ Perera, S Prasanna, MD Shanaka, WU Tharanga, HDRL Thirimanne

Where are you guys watching?

Can’t make the match? The matches will be broadcast on the following channels:

US: ESPN
Canada: ATN
Caribbean: Flow Sports
UK/ROI: Setanta (Thursday only); British Eurosport
Sub-Saharan Africa: SuperSport
MENA: Orbit Showtime Network
Australia: Fox Sports Australia

How is the crowd there [MENTION=136108]Donal Cozzie[/MENTION]?

Make the Lankans feel HELL at home!:liam

Last edited:
Finally found a working stream.
[MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] - looks like two men and their dogs on the grass bank from what I can make out on the stream :))

Only ribbing. Go on Ireland.

Gunathilka is money, but he is so inconsistent like Vithanage where ever he plays.

Barry McCarthy with two wickets on ODI debut. Parents watching in the crowd.

Who is this Kusal mendis guy who is talked about all of a sudden..

Is he a great talent?

Sad that this is on a weekday. If this had been a weekend the Irish would have had more crowd having their back.

Bowling attack suffering badly without Young as he's injured, gonna have to bat well to have any chance here, SL milking singles easily.

Well its as good a time as any to throw in Anderson and Poynter to the batting line up, see what they're made of, cant see us winning myself tbh.

Good thing is every member of the line-up bar Rankin can bat, so there's that at least.

Asking rate is 7.3+. Before you can blink it will be 8+. Ireland is rusty and SL is/was ruthless against associates and Zim/BD's early stages.

Since Morgan has no future in test cricket for England he should come back to Ireland.

Yes, he is.

Their whole lineup from 1-6 is quality. Only a matter of time before they hit their stride.

Yeah they do have a lot of promising youngsters.

I guess the important thing for them is to find a proactive captain who can lead the youngsters. Mathews has been a very defensive one.

Porterfield is one gritty player.

I've always seen him fighting it out more often than throwing his wicket away.

Porterfield is one gritty player.

I've always seen him fighting it out more often than throwing his wicket away.

Its why he's probably my favourite cricketer.

Course the negative thing is he can easily end up with a 20 off 43 balls kind of knock.

Interesting to see that both sides are neck and neck at this stage of their innings....

I cannot believe this Kevin O'Brien does not have an IPL contract yet. He is a power hitter and IPL needs him.

Only thing stopping Ireland from becoming test level is two decent fast-medium seamers.

Their batting is and has been test level for quite some time.

Great to see Boyd Rankin back. Ireland bowling was toothless without him.

No-ball controversies following Sri Lanka around on this tour.

Last edited:
Shanaka's previous best bowling figure was 2/21 and now he has 4 wickets already. If I remember correctly, he picked up 50% T2O wickets vs India on his debut. Weird stats.

Another case of what could have been.

Had Sorenson not bowled that trash 26 run over, had that obvious no ball been called etc etc

That little Irish red head kid is a legend. Good bowling action, good flight and turning a little bit. Ireland to have their Warnie by 2032.

what was the scorecard when pakistan played in Ireland vs srilanka, even against minnows Pakistan plays so defensively

Congrats SL and Ireland. Was a good day for cricket. Round 2 in Saturday.

Ireland will battle it out on Saturday. They will give everything they have. Ireland needs to be a bit smarter.

Maybe this SL team is not as hopeless as I thought. They started playing well from the 2nd test.

Back