Sri Lanka Premier League| Day 4 | 14/08/12 | Commentary & Discussion

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
Match taking place today:

Ruhuna Royals v Uthura Rudras

Key players from Ruhuna:

AJ Finch, RJ Harris, NL McCullum, SL Malinga*, Shahid Afridi, JE Taylor, Wahab Riaz

Key players from Uthura:

Imran Farhat, CK Kapugedera, MF Maharoof, DA Miller, KD Mills, J Mubarak*, M Muralitharan, BRM Taylor

the scheduling of this tournament looks crap

BTW, DA miller isnt available. I think

finch is a good batsman in this format. Nasir jamshed may be given a go ahead of wahab because theyve already got malinga.

Finch Is One Of Worst Players Of Spin I Have Ever Seen

maybe, but he is a batsman who plays in the top 3 so being weak against spin shouldnt be the real problem. Not to mention there has hardly been any spin this tournament. BTW, he averages 36 in T20s with a SR of 130+

If the teams had all their players, id rate them in this order, best at the top:

Wayamba
Ruhunu
Kandurata
Uva
Nagenahira
Basnahira
Uthura

However, with so many players missing out, it seems the only good teams left are Wayamba with Chandimal, jaya, tamim, akmals, hogg...giving them a strong batting line up, and Ruhunu royals with finch, shahid afridi, malinga, thirimanne, ryan and daniel harris, chamara silva, wahab riaz, mclaren...so theyve got a balanced bowling attack

I would open with Afridi in these T20s... let's see both teams have won their first match..

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe, but he is a batsman who plays in the top 3 so being weak against spin shouldnt be the real problem. Not to mention there has hardly been any spin this tournament. BTW, he averages 36 in T20s with a SR of 130+

Reason He Has Good Stats In Because Most Of The Games He Has Played In Have Been In Australia.

If He Plays Today He Will Get Out To Spin, Remember Spinners More Often Now Open The Bowling

It would be interesting to see how Waqar and Afridi mingle together.

Reason He Has Good Stats In Because Most Of The Games He Has Played In Have Been In Australia.

If He Plays Today He Will Get Out To Spin, Remember Spinners More Often Now Open The Bowling

He is showing that he is a good player. Enough said :sadaf

Rain spoiling the SLPL. Even the weather is not on Lanka's side

Commentators: 'We're going to take Ramiz out for a glass of red wine tonight to celebrate his birthday'. Naughty naughty Ramiz!

'Afridi should still be playing test cricket in my view. One of the greatest spinners in the game, if not the greatest. He may have lost a bit of his batting but I still rate him as a wonderful cricketer' Dean Jones.

Dean Jones is awesome and hilarious, a must commentator for all pakistan matches

Uthura really are a weak team. Considering form their only hope is for :shakib to return

Afridi bowls a beauty and Dean Jones says 'that's beautifully bowled by the great man'. He really is an Afridi fan. Hasn't stopped talking about Afridi. It seems he likes Pakistan.

Afridi bowls a beauty and Dean Jones says 'that's beautifully bowled by the great man'. He really is an Afridi fan. Hasn't stopped talking about Afridi. It seems he likes Pakistan.

yeah but wet ball is giving problem to ruhuna bowlers, especially the spinner

Afridi takes his first wicket off a pretty poor ball. Deano says nothing. He loves Afridi :))

Back