Sri Lanka Premier League| Day 2 | 12/08/12 | Commentary & Discussion

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
1st match taking place today:

Uthura Rudras v Wayamba United

Key players from Uthura:

Imran Farhat, CK Kapugedera, MF Maharoof, DA Miller, KD Mills, J Mubarak, M Muralitharan, BRM Taylor

Key players from Wayamba:

Abdul Razzaq, Azhar Mahmood, LD Chandimal, GB Hogg, CA Ingram, DPMD Jayawardene, KAJ Roach, Tamim Iqbal, Umar Akmal, Chaminda Vaas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd game taking place today:

Uva Next v Basnahira Cricket Dundee

Key Players from Basnahira:

Dilshan, Dirk Nannes, Brad Hodge, MN Samuels

Key Players from Uva:

Chanderpaul, Fawad Alam, Hammad Azam, AB McDonald, Shoaib Malik, WU Tharanga, Umar Gul

Last edited:
kamran also playing .... mahmood will miss the tournament

Wayamba is the strongest team in the tournament. Uthura is the weakest. Kundarata, Uva are weak. Infact the teams look quite weak on paper....

BTW OP, its supposed to be UVA not kanurata or watever!!!!

Uthura seems like my team. :murali :farhat

Last edited:
Looking forward to Umar Akmal's performance today. Razzaq's performance will also be crucial as he's in our T20 WC squad.

Wayamba and Kandurata has the most number of Pakistani players i think..

I'm watching on Geo Super from Youtube, but they made the stream private now. I just left the channel on pause a while ago so I wouldn't lose it.

Wayamba has some good intl stars: Umar, Razzaq, Colin Ingram, Tamim, Brad Hogg while uthura has: Brendon Taylor, david miller.

Ill be suprised if uthura wins

Wayamba bowling first, they are playing with Umar Akmal, Kamran, Razzaq and Tamim

tamim and kamran ahead of ingram? :facepalm: Unless ofcourse ingram is sent back home

And farhat playing :)))

the selection policy in SLPL is just as hilarious as the excuse of BPL franchises to pay the money in time

tamim and kamran ahead of ingram? :facepalm: Unless ofcourse ingram is sent back home

And farhat playing :)))

the selection policy in SLPL is just as hilarious as the excuse of BPL franchises to pay the money in time

Mahela mentioned at the toss that some players didn't arrive and that Kamran came just today and was put into the team, hence those were the 4 overseas players. Not sure about ingram, might not have shown up yet.

taylor, murali(retired long ago), mubarak, miller...:facepalm:

They look a weak side, even if shakib joins them later on this team looks worse than zimbabwe atm

Too much arrogance in your posts. Are you from South Africa or Australia since you are saying Zimbabwe is a bad team?

Zimbabwe have a terriffic T20 side. They defeated SA not long ago.

Mahela mentioned at the toss that some players didn't arrive and that Kamran came just today and was put into the team, hence those were the 4 overseas players. Not sure about ingram, might not have shown up yet.

Some of the SAffers player were sent back home and many intl players like shakib and azhar mahmood have opted to skip the tournament to avoid aggravating the slight niggles. I wouldnt be suprised if these guys would have taken the risk had it been IPL.

Money talks. :butt can explain you this very well. Im just a youngster

Too much arrogance in your posts. Are you from South Africa or Australia since you are saying Zimbabwe is a bad team?

Zimbabwe have a terriffic T20 side. They defeated SA not long ago.

To be honest I rate the zimbabwe team highly. So indirectly im saying that zimbabwe looks much better than this club team.

Zimbabwe are a better T20 side than Ireland and Bangladesh, and on par with NZ. Their pace attack looks good, better than that of India :nehra and at the same time theyve got some good batsman in Taylor and Masakadza

Some of the SAffers player were sent back home and many intl players like shakib and azhar mahmood have opted to skip the tournament to avoid aggravating the slight niggles. I wouldnt be suprised if these guys would have taken the risk had it been IPL.

Money talks. :butt can explain you this very well. Im just a youngster

Wasn't Azhar not allowed because of County? I swear I read that somewhere here.

@N_R im confused

But many players like shakib, gayle, edwards all of them seems to be having niggles.

Abdul Razzaq in action. I met him only a couple of weeks ago.

@N_R im confused

But many players like shakib, gayle, edwards all of them seems to be having niggles.

Many other good players are still playing, so we will have to satisfy ourselves with them. At least we will get to witness some good cricket. I'm happy enough.

Uthura off to a good start.

another boundary or six by Farhat

razzaq is rubbish now .... dont knw wht will happen to him in world cup

Many other good players are still playing, so we will have to satisfy ourselves with them. At least we will get to witness some good cricket. I'm happy enough.

Uthura off to a good start.

Exactly why im watching the matches. This is T20, no matter the quality of the players there will be some entertainment :)

Atleast BD players are playing in SLPL.

razzaq is rubbish now .... dont knw wht will happen to him in world cup

I really dont find the reason to include him esp. when he hasnt played in the last 2 series. But the lower order batting of pakistan has been poor in recent times so razzaq can be included as a batsman, as well as someone who can bowl some good overs

imran farhat is on song!! Where is all this class when you play for ur national team?

farhat scored 57 wen he last played on colombo recently against lanka

Back