Sri Lanka Premier League| Day 1 | 11/08/12 | Commentary & Discussion

2nd ball he's unlcuky! Birt goes fora big slog inside edge just goes pass the stumps

Whats wrong with the double Ns? The should remember that Malinga still has 2 left.

:4

Poor over by :afridi

Plenty of balls down the leg and now a half tracker wide and given the treatment

77/2 after 12 and the rain is here.

Maybe just the break that RR needed

stupid idea to hold t20 wc in lanka with the monsoon. Half the matches will be shortened or called off :facepalm:

Calm down now, you've gone on about it since the last 2 and a half hours. Its happened now. You cannot change it.

I agree Imran should have been selected. Hopefully they will have learnt.
I waited for 4 months for this tournament and was excited that I would finally get to see Imran Nazir after a very long time. You can understand my frustration of him left out. He should have been the first one on the playing 11.

Where you guys watching this?

This match is not being televised in the UK, but the next one will be on ESPN. You can also watch these matches on YouTube (10 mins behind) or Illegal Streams :butt

A couple of wickets and this could turn out to be a close game. Royals have a good bowling attack.

I don't think there would be anymore cricket for a long time

it is raining pretty hard lol

I waited for 4 months for this tournament and was excited that I would finally get to see Imran Nazir after a very long time. You can understand my frustration of him left out. He should have been the first one on the playing 11.

Hota hai yaar :yk

You can see him VS Aus

This match is not being televised in the UK, but the next one will be on ESPN. You can also watch these matches on YouTube (10 mins behind) or Illegal Streams :butt

Highlights of this one on ESPN at 10pm (uk time).

couldnt they have arranged it a month later? This time of the year is warm and worse, rain rain rain.

I wont be suprised if most of the matches will have this much delay. They couldve started the first match earlier so that in case of rain their would be enough make-up time so that the next match is not disrupted

couldnt they have arranged it a month later? This time of the year is warm and worse, rain rain rain.

I wont be suprised if most of the matches will have this much delay. They couldve started the first match earlier so that in case of rain their would be enough make-up time so that the next match is not disrupted

Bang smack in the middle of world T20?

guys let me know when they start playing again.
i am using my phone's data
only 6gb per month ouch , not much :(

After rain condition favoring bowling side now, hope Naga keep movin how they approached so far. They look nicely balanced even without Shezad's contribution. Started the tourny with taking 10 wickets is impressive.

Last edited:
That was poor. Awful footwork. How on earth did he miss that one. All I know Imran Nazir has to come in.

Man it's pretty obvious you're quite sour about Nazir not getting included, but don't take that out on Shehzad.

I'm sure Nazir will get a game also, nothing to have a tantrum about.

7.20pm: It's still drizzling and the ground's completely covered.

Ruhuna can make a comeback from next match, just need to believe in themselves

maybe get in Nasir Jamshed?

7.30: Word just in. Nagenahira have won by five runs by Duckworth/Lewis Method.

:afridi Ouch!

Bang smack in the middle of world T20?

october wouldnt have been that bad?

I dont understand why Lankans are so much in love with the rain. They should start a sport called water cricket, something they can play even during heavy showers :yk

not to mention play their traditional music as much as they want without annoying the viewers. There wont be any:ajmal

Good news for 2nd match
8.15: Just heard that the covers have come off.

Next up.

Basnahira Cricket Dundee squad
DNA Athulathmudali, CJ Borgas, SI de Saram, TM Dilshan*†, N Pradeep, MD Gunathilleke, HMRKB Herath, BJ Hodge, PLM Jayaratne, FDM Karunaratne, BMAJ Mendis, DP Nannes, RJ Peterson, KTGD Prasad, MN Samuels, SC Serasinghe, TG Southee

Kandurata Warriors squad
J Botha, MLR Buddika, LHD Dilhara, ST Jayasuriya*, CKB Kulasekara, HGJM Kulatunga, CA Lynn, Misbah-ul-Haq, JA Morkel, NLTC Perera, Saeed Ajmal, TT Samaraweera, JK Silva†, Sohail Tanvir, DJ Vilas, KDK Vithanage, AC Voges, UWMBCA Welegedara

Kandurata is my team in this one. :ajmal

8.45: Covers off the square again and the Kandurata side are setting up some warm-up drill

doesnt look its gona start

So in another 20 mins we will have a game of 13 overs!

Misbah might want to get a move on today. :23:

Cricinfo :here was some confusion about the start time. I'm told it will be at 9.45

doesnt look misbah will play , i guess it will b ... botha , ajmal, morkel and tanvir

Cricinfo :here was some confusion about the start time. I'm told it will be at 9.45

doesnt look misbah will play , i guess it will b ... botha , ajmal, morkel and tanvir

good decision by the dance king:sanath

Back