Sri Lanka Premier League| Day 1 | 11/08/12 | Commentary & Discussion

Cricinfo :here was some confusion about the start time. I'm told it will be at 9.45

doesnt look misbah will play , i guess it will b ... botha , ajmal, morkel and tanvir

im suprised that he was selected among the 6 foreign players. Kandruta already has some quality T20 players like morkel, ajmal and botha. Teams like uthura, Uva and Nagenihara dont.

im suprised that he was selected among the 6 foreign players. Kandruta already has some quality T20 players like morkel, ajmal and botha. Teams like uthura, Uva and Nagenihara dont.

Seriously Mate, how do you remember the team names :facepalm:

Misbah Is Playing

Basnahira - Daniel Smith, Charl Langeveldt, Cameron Borgas, Brad Hodge.
Kandurata - Ajmal, Misbah, Sohail Tanvir, Scott Styris

I guess botha and morkel have returned to home thts why they not playing ....

Last edited:
one thing they can look to improve next year is simplifying team names.too complicated to remember.even non-SL commies struggle

sohail tanvir came back from umrah thats why short hair
tanvir bowling first over ... misbah in slips

daniel smith? Borgas? Who are these guys? Kanduruta looks good to me :ajmal

Anyways, it seemed that both BPL and SLPL has benefitted by the exclusion of Pakistani players from IPL. :)

bit suss from dilshan to not take strike and let a guy who has never played in sri lanka do it, but then again it is dilshan

samraveera captaining .. No Jayasuriya

marlon samuels also has not come to lanka .. basnahira should have either played him then

SLPL Team kits are yuccccccccck :facepalm:

better than BPL kit? the kits in BPL were worse.....barring that of Sylhet and Barisal.

I liked the ones in FLT20 and County. IPL too had some good kits and some crap kits as well-PWI and DC

better than BPL kit? the kits in BPL were worse.....barring that of Sylhet and Barisal.

I liked the ones in FLT20 and County. IPL too had some good kits and some crap kits as well-PWI and DC

BPL kits for me were far better ... Khulna had worst one .. but rest all were better then this .. FLT20 Cant b compared with this they have excellent ones :)

BPL kits for me were far better ... Khulna had worst one .. but rest all were better then this .. FLT20 Cant b compared with this they have excellent ones :)

image_62_11923.jpg

images

These jerseys make me look sick. And there was issue related to helmets. Sometimes poor planning doesnt lead you to Payment issues only

Last edited:

These jerseys make me look sick. And there was issue related to helmets. Sometimes poor planning doesnt lead you to Payment issues always[/QUOTE]

Wait for PPL and see how the designs will beat all of the leagues :ahmed

what a stupid captaincy by samraweera
Thisa perera not been given a over :facepalm:

Is Morkel playing SLPL or not? Nd levi also? If yes then which team? Plz tell

Hodge ruins Tanvir..but bowled by a fine yorker. Not yorked..walked on to stumps.lol

The 2nd match seems so far so good

-No background music.
-A lot of boundaries
-Better crowd

However, the SLC needs to ensure that more people come in to watch the matches. If there are so many empty stands of opening day, ill be suprised if there will be a lot of crowd in the latter matches, except the eliminators

Got this message on the youtube link....'The uploader has not made this video available. Sorry about that'

WTH?! Its not available in the UK?

Got this message on the youtube link....'The uploader has not made this video available. Sorry about that'

WTH?! Its not available in the UK?

Are you trying an embedded YouTube link? Or on YouTube site?

Back