Sri Lanka v Pakistan | 1st T20 | Hambantota | Jun 1 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayan

ODI Debutant
Runs
Hafeez's captaincy debut begins shortly. Will be interesting to see some new faces representing Pakistan. Could any of them become legends? :wasim

Cricinfo: Less than six months after Pakistan and Sri Lanka played a full series in the UAE, they will clash with each other in two T20Is, five ODIs and three Tests over the course of this month and the next. The T20Is, usually devoid of much significance, acquire importance this time as the World Twenty20, to be played in Sri Lanka in September, approaches closer

i am expecting Pakistan to win this game.

Our bowling is much, much better than SL's.

SL do have an edge with their batting but most of them are not in form.

Cricinfo: Both the T20Is will be played in Hambantota, on the southern coast of Sri Lanka, and Mahela Jayawardene says that Sri Lanka will use these two games to find the right combination ahead of the world event

which channel is broadcasting

tried

Zee Cinema
Zing
Zee Cafe

More from Kanishkaa: "Lasith Malinga bowling off a 2-step run-up on the practice wicket. Now won't Pakistan wish for that?" You bet

Zee Cafe is broadcasting this in the UK. Please do not request/provide links to streaming websites.

Hafeez loses the toss. Useless captain. Chuck him out! ;)

This is really one odd new kit..does not look good at all.

I thought the kit looked good
Tanvir playing :facepalm:
No Hammad Azam :facepalm:
No Raza Hassan :facepalm:

Playing XI: Hafeez, Shehzad, Malik, Akmal, Afridi, Latif,Tanvir , Ansar (wk), Gul, Sami, Ajmal.

considering our chasing records, this is going to be a very close game :yk

Full Lineup:
Hafeez (c)
Shehzad
Khalid Latif
Malik
Umar Akmal
Afridi
Shakeel Ansar (wk)
Sohail Tanvir
Umar Gul
Mohammad Sami
Saeed Ajmal

what does tanvir got to offer to his team.... late night stories about purana zamana?

How many times does sohail tanvir need to fail for him to be discarded?

khalid latif and sohail tanvir ... bad choices

hammad and haris sohail should have been selected in place of them

bad bad bad

and malik shoud be replaced with raza hasan.... because batting till hammad as 7th batsman is enough for t20...with gul and sami is there to swing at the end

:p

I've never seen shakeel, does anyone know if he can bat?

Sohail Tanveer I don't think he has anything good to offer. WE need some real pace.

I've never seen shakeel, does anyone know if he can bat?
he can hit a bit in T20, but he's not really known for his batting prowess in all formats. In fact until that hundred in faysal bank he was considered pretty poor.

Not sure if he's a complete batsman, but he can give it a good whack. And his batting in T20 has improved in recent tournaments. So might do well. But he's usually used as a pinch hitter at the top, not sure how he'll play lower down.

Where is Hammad?Really disappointed to see Tanvir and Malik playing ahead of him.

Fail team, Hammad out bowled tanvir in the warm ups, he'll even an old Abdul razzaq has far better bowling stats then sohail tanvir, massive fail player he's getting to be as back a ****** as farhat

Should have picked Hammad over tanvir, Pakistan should have strength their batting. 4 full time bowlers+hafeez, Malik and hammad should have been enough

Can't believe Tanvir is in this squad, let alone playing

He's so freaking bad.

Not surprised with the team selection looks pretty standard. Knew malik would get a game, and thought they might go with one more pacer to try things out (for the T20 world cup and limited overs). Thought Sami would be in, but after Tanvir's shocker, bit surprised he was preferred over arafat.

Is Wahab in any of the sides?T20s,odis or tests?
nope don't think he's in any of the squads. Told to go back to domestic and sort out his bowling problems. And hopefully he'll be back when he's sorted them out.

Should have picked Hammad over tanvir, Pakistan should have strength their batting. 4 full time bowlers+hafeez, Malik and hammad should have been enough
Think the thinking was more to find our second pacer for the T20 world cup. Hafeez did experiment with them in the practice games, looks like he'll experiment with them in the real thing too.

Tanvir...
I think our batting is really weak, many inexperienced players and all-rounders right now, top order has to fire.

khalid latif and sohail tanvir ... bad choices

hammad and haris sohail should have been selected in place of them

bad bad bad

and malik shoud be replaced with raza hasan.... because batting till hammad as 7th batsman is enough for t20...with gul and sami is there to swing at the end

:p

khalid latif was the best batsman in FBT20, i agree on tried and tested failure sohail tanvir though

he can hit a bit in T20, but he's not really known for his batting prowess in all formats. In fact until that hundred in faysal bank he was considered pretty poor.

Not sure if he's a complete batsman, but he can give it a good whack. And his batting in T20 has improved in recent tournaments. So might do well. But he's usually used as a pinch hitter at the top, not sure how he'll play lower down.

Thanks man!

yaar I'd rather play Haris Sohail and Raza Hassan in place of :malik and :Sami respectively

Khalid Latif is a good inclusion he is a responsible batsman, although he is a reminiscence of Misbah when it comes to slow innings

I like the youthful look to te team or rather new look. Sohail Tanveer, Shoaib Malik and Sami need to prove their worth and step up a gear.

ATB to thewicet keeper but at 33 mmm...

so raza hasan and haris sohail were taken for vacation ....
they deserve first rather then tanvir or latif/malik

In t20s he is an automatic selection, not in any other format though.
He can ball with variations and can hit the ball long esp. on the leg side.
I don't mind him playing in t20 ;-)

Anything he can do Hammad can do better

In t20s he is an automatic selection, not in any other format though.
He can ball with variations and can hit the ball long esp. on the leg side.
I don't mind him playing in t20 ;-)

Has he performed in domestic? At least Malik has that to show for himself. I concede I might be entirely wrong, but I can't remember tanvir having performed recently in any competition.

Sohail tanvir again?? :facepalm:

I hope he goes for plenty and never gets selected again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back