Sri Lanka v Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Dambulla | 01/08/09 | SL Innings

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
169 to get - is there any fight left in this team?

If they do win it would crush the Sri Lankans (which, quite frankly, would be quite sweet). You should not allow a team to win after being 80-odd for 7.

the only way we'll have a chance of winning is if Gul fires, Razzaq isn't much of a bowler, he's there to keep things tight. Aamer would have to have a great game too.

saadjhussain said:
the only way we'll have a chance of winning is if Gul fires, Razzaq isn't much of a bowler, he's there to keep things tight. Aamer would have to have a great game too.

But Razzaq can swing the ball, whereas Gul struggles to get any movement (unless there is reverse). I think Jayasuriya is a big wicket. He can take the game away in a few overs.

Pakistan will have to trigger a Lankan collapse. If Jayasuriya stays in the crease for 10/15 overs, then consider the match to be over. Pak needs to trap him early to trigger a collapse.

If they had Tushara so we also have aamir and razzaq with fine spin of ajmal and afridi

shane said:
But Razzaq can swing the ball, whereas Gul struggles to get any movement (unless there is reverse). I think Jayasuriya is a big wicket. He can take the game away in a few overs.
Jayasuriya is a big wicket, but their whole team is performing, even Mathews is doing well at 6 or 7. it'll be a tough ask.

Gulf of Gold said:
If they had Tushara so we also have aamir and razzaq with fine spin of ajmal and afridi
if ajmal and afridi are requred to bowl, consider the match lost.

Well we need to take wickets, and 10 of them to win...and our fielding needs to be at its best and we can't be giving away extras and free-hits. We need to be discipline in the field to even have half a chance

saadjhussain said:
Jayasuriya is a big wicket, but their whole team is performing, even Mathews is doing well at 6 or 7. it'll be a tough ask.

True. It's the sort of match where, if you had Wasim, Waqar and Saqlain then you might seriously suggest a Pakistan victory. As it is, I think most Pak fans are clinging only to the possibility of a miracle.

Gulf of Gold said:

Pakistan does have some decent bowlers. It's just that Sri Lanka are unlikely to bat like schoolgirls.

saadjhussain said:
i fear younis khan may resign at the end of this tour

you know what, me too...dunno what him or anyone can do to turn around this team's performances

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
you know what, me too...dunno what him or anyone can do to turn around this team's performances
in a way, being destroyed like this is a good thing, they'll realize their weaknesses and try to correct them. having said that, i doubt it. :inti

very tough one to win at this situation, but if Pakistan can get earlier break and have all these three Jaya, Sanga and Mahela then game is Pakistan's. Once again very poor displayment from pakistani top order batsmen and unacceptable bating.

saadjhussain said:
in a way, being destroyed like this is a good thing, they'll realize their weaknesses and try to correct them. having said that, i doubt it. :inti

You'd think they would have realised it by now.

Maybe Pakistan should also have gone in with for seamers. Rana Naved could have been good on this wicket and he can bat as well. Even though Murali picked up wickets I felt we played him with more ease than the their medium pacers.

IAJ said:
Maybe Pakistan should also have gone in with for seamers. Rana Naved could have been good on this wicket and he can bat as well. Even though Murali picked up wickets I felt we played him with more ease than the their medium pacers.
they'll leave this thought for a flat track

Good start by Aamer. Tharanga's attempts to emulate Jamshed ends in a failure though

As I say that, Tharanga drives a full delivery for a boundary

10 for after 2 overs.

Stating the obvious here but early wickets are vital

game over, bye everyone enjoy it, i will come back for janaza

We can still win this! All it takes is a sensational Younis Khan spell and we'll be on our way

Tharanga goes. Aamer gets the edge and a simple catch to Nasir Jamshed, who finally contributes something to the team

Sri Lanka 23/1

Nicely done, got Thranga roughed up with deliveries that were up there and then one that swung away.

Jayasuriya taking Razzaq apart here. Razzaq should look to pitch the ball up to Jayasuriya more often rather than bowl short

Nasir: "Complete lack of insight from younis. Defending a paltry total, he should have gone all out by attacking with Umar Gul and Aamir rather than Razzaq. It seems that he has he just reconciled himself to follow the track of events rather than commanding them."

Omar Malik said:
Would Rana have been productive on this pitch?! Just wondering....
Probably some wkt taking balls mixed in with 4 balls. going at over 4 an over definitely.

Back