Sri Lanka v Pakistan| 3rd Test - Day 1 | Colombo | 20/07/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP

T20I Debutant
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Runs
7,996
Pakistan has already lost the Test series, they will have to play for pride now to win the 3rd Test. Rumors are some changes will be made in team line up.

Let's hope we win the 3rd Test to shut up who suspect grouping in the team.

2 hours left.

Good Luck Pakistan!
 
It's really sad that the only players on the bench are Butt and Faisal. This would be a great chance to give Azhar Ali or Ghani a look. Let's hope our bowlers continue their good work. Expecting a bounce back effort from Aamer and Yousuf.

Need some momentum heading into the ODIs.
 
I think Pakistan should just go in and try their best. Get some momentum going for the ODI's which we inshallah hope to win 5-0 :yk:
 
SL won the toss and they are bowling first...

why does Sanga sound so arrogent now days?

Menis out and Vass comes in...

for pak

DK in

Rauf out..
 
Rameez wants Butt in for his "a lot of exp" ...man not that manzoor is all that great but come on now...Butt sucks..unless youwant to pick him for his eng speaking skills
 
Just 1 change......Rauf gone.....Kaneria back.....

so 2 spinners for Pakistan...and just 1 for SL and 4 pacers..
 
PakPassionate said:
i notice this also.....he was a humble guy but now days..... :13:


for whatever reason i never like him or Mahela jaya....

but i agree with you lately he seems to be doing a lot of sucking you know where ...

IMO these two guys are quite overrated..
 
Arrogance is good man. So Pak going in with only 2 pacers? What the hell?
 
PakPassionate said:
Just 1 change......Rauf gone.....Kaneria back.....

so 2 spinners for Pakistan...and just 1 for SL and 4 pacers..


One captain brings in extra spinner the other gets rid of one and bring in a seamer.

So.. one of them read the wicket incorrectly. We'll find out pretty soon.
 
Over cast conditions, abit of grass on the pitch.

Is anyone thinking what I am thinking right now?
 
Good thing to bring Danish. If he fails he is gone. No need to waste a spot for next test match.
 
ok time to start praising Vaas....how great he was etc...

its like all the praise come when u retire, just like when you die, all the praise are coming from all over the place..
 
"I would have batted anyway," says Younis. Wears a cheerful, confident look as ever. "If we don't collapse, we should do well''
 
Atleast we will be bowling last so maybe the 2nd spinner will be useful but alas that 2nd spinner is Kaneria! I guess Younis has alot of confidence in his own bowling cuz he is taking a huge risk.
 
Afridi_Fan said:
Over cast conditions, abit of grass on the pitch.

Is anyone thinking what I am thinking right now?


The new ball will swing and you know how our batsmen are ?
 
Sigh, Danish..........In for Rauf..... yaaaaaaaaaar YK kya kiya yar...........
 
An appalling team selection. Younis and the coach have completely gotten this wrong. They have misread the pitch and the conditions. Khurram Manzoor and Rauf should have been dropped and one is still in the playing 11. BTW there is good cloud cover so i there will be plenty of action in the first session. Younis simply has to be lucky to escape from this decision.
 
Yar I feel for Rauf, to bowl decently and be replaced by Kaneria? i mean fine if it was sohail khan or talha or someone , perhaps. but kaneria....tsk.
 
The_Cricket_Devil said:
I'm glad that Danish has finally been brought in. Show the critics your ability this match Dani Boy!

yeah after 53 test matches im sure this ones gonna make up for it all.
 
If Pakistan wins this match, it will go to prove one of two things: that there senior batsmen (Malik, Misbah and Akmal) can play when there is no pressure now that the series is lost and this one is a dead rubber.

Or more darkly, having thrown the first two matches to ensure a series loss and egg on the face of YK, they will now play exceptional to save their place on the team to dispel rumors of groupings. In either case, they lose.

If on the other hand they don't perform well, then it goes to show that they should be immediately chucked out of test cricket.
 
if anyone's got good links email me at zeeshan 1 anwar at gmail dot com
 
So the showman manzoor gets another chance? Why did we took Faisal Iqbal to SL? just to have a vacation? this Manzoor guy is what Robin Uthapa for India...can't stand ppl like them...more style and less substance...too much showoff...

i wish that Iqbal should have been a given a chance even to open...
 
cornelius said:
yeah after 53 test matches im sure this ones gonna make up for it all.

He gets far more stick than he deserves. I don't know about you but having 220+ wickets is quite a decent return for that period. Not to mention how many wickets he has lost due to Akmal dropping his catches. He is a very good leg spinner and deserves his chance.
 
this Manzoor guy will fail again ...this is his last test match...its all but over for him..
 
Why are people already touting players from their own country's XI to fail? Whether a player deserves a spot in your opinion or not, once they are selected we should all be backing them to succeed
 
Last edited:
The_Cricket_Devil said:
Why are people already touting players from their own country's XI to fail? Whether a player deserves a spot in your opinion or not, once they are selected we should all be backing them to succeed


bhaijaan, i dont hope that Manzoor fail, but i know he will...he is not test level..he is nothing but showoff...thats about it...
 
lalaji said:
Waq about Vaas..


"superb human being"

lol


Well he might know him personally and he can say that, whats so lol about it?
 
This guy bowling banana inswingers again :(
We just need to get past this new ball and kulasekara's swing will be over
 
Afridi_Fan said:
Well he might know him personally and he can say that, whats so lol about it?



there is a lot to lol about...lol :younis
 
Khabri420 said:
lalaji in full form today ;-)


always...

btw just like Rameez earlier, Waq is asking for Butt to be in...

oh dear...can't we make up our mind?

honestly Iqbal should be given a chance ...
 
haha Manzoor is struggling like a club player....is this the best we have?
 
Khurram Manzoor is all at sea...I really hope this guy comes good, but as of rite now, it is not looking good for the guy, he has what two edges so far of him..
 
mmkextreme_1 said:
Khurram Manzoor is all at sea...I really hope this guy comes good, but as of rite now, it is not looking good for the guy, he has what two edges so far of him..


he will be gone be4 you know it....
 
lalaji said:
haha Manzoor is struggling like a club player....is this the best we have?


I think it is time for Nasir Jamshed or Ahmed Shehzad..or even Afaq Raheem..
 
mmkextreme_1 said:
I think it is time for Nasir Jamshed or Ahmed Shehzad..or even Afaq Raheem..


not sure about NJ...he can't stay fit enough to play an odi or a t20....

Ahemd S is another one of those more style and less substance...i think instead of looking for an openner, we should just try someone like Asim kamal or faisal iqbal to open....what is the worst these guys would do?
 
khurram manzoor is an embrassment i wonder what srilankan players will think of pakistans talent when they see fools like him
 
lalaji said:
not sure about NJ...he can't stay fit enough to play an odi or a t20....

Ahemd S is another one of those more style and less substance...i think instead of looking for an openner, we should just try someone like Asim kamal or faisal iqbal to open....what is the worst these guys would do?


but I think with these two guys that you have mentioned...we will be going back to step one..well i think we would be behind even that..i think Nasir Jamshed just had bad luck with his fitness...next test tour I think we should have him in the squad..
 
Maybe Khurram Manzoor shouldn't be an opener...how about down in the middle order somewhere..I think he might succeed in the middle order?!
 
mmkextreme_1 said:
but I think with these two guys that you have mentioned...we will be going back to step one..well i think we would be behind even that..i think Nasir Jamshed just had bad luck with his fitness...next test tour I think we should have him in the squad..


ok we will but can some one please push out Manzoor and Butt from the plan on the way back?

they are embarrassing
 
mmkextreme_1 said:
Maybe Khurram Manzoor shouldn't be an opener...how about down in the middle order somewhere..I think he might succeed in the middle order?!



great idea.....we have quite a few open places in middle order...:):):)
 
Last edited:
man Waq can't stop praising Vaas.....

woo kya khetay hain, ke mara hova hathi bhi sawa lakh ka..lol
 
lalaji said:
great idea.....we have a quite a few open places in middle order...:):):)


I really think he can do better in the middle order..he is a good player of spin..they should bring him in for Misbah maybe for a couple of test?! He can't do any worse?!
 
guys get the Jadooo TV box and enjoy watching free cricket....works great..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top