Sri Lanka v South Africa | 1st ODI | Colombo l 20/7/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kianig89

Senior Test Player
Runs
So here we are another LOI bilateral series its Srilanka vs SA .AB has won the toss and Proteas are bowling first :amla misses out because of injury and they are playing two left arm spinners. For SL a bizzare selection Mubarak returns to the side after a hiatus of 4 years.

Sri Lanka v South Africa | 1st ODI | Colombo, July 20 - 2013 | Match thread

SA win toss and elect to field

Amla not included due to injury.

Already bowl one extra over with the help of wides . one down anyways is sl . dilshan out

The real passionate coach donald is ... he is taking with morris on boundry

looks like a decent batting track . Why did both the captains say bowling first is best ?

Sri Lanka not playing India :O

1620742673_532dd66d_mind_blown_xlarge.jpeg

Really surprised to see SA field after winning the Toss here.

i think its a matter of trusting their batting a bit more than their bowling. Not that its any better IMO, still does not make sense bowling first though

Sri Lanka v South Africa | 1st ODI | Colombo, July 20 - 2013 | Match thread

Phangiso is not even a street level player.

Lady Jaya and Advocate Sanga will pile a gazillion runs on these tracks.

THIs series might be a runfest unlike the one in Carribbean which is collapseque

Advocate Sanga reaches his 50.

I expect SL to cross 300, and then SA to fold within 200-220.

was just checking the no. of ODI's Hashim has played and it's just 73, even if Hashim plays for another 6-7 years, which is the max he would play he may only end up with possibly around 170-175 ODI's in a career of around 12-13 years.

On the other hand the No. test matches Hashim has played, 71, are almost same as his ODIs. I know he wasn't a regular in the ODI squad initially but even then.

Compare that to the no. of ODI's the subcontinental players play, it's astonishingly greater, they end up playing more than 300 ODI's easily should they have a career of 12 years of more.

was just checking the no. of ODI's Hashim has played and it's just 73, even if Hashim plays for another 6-7 years, which is the max he would play he may only end up with possibly around 170-175 ODI's in a career of around 12-13 years.

On the other hand the No. test matches Hashim has played, 71, are almost same as his ODIs. I know he wasn't a regular in the ODI squad initially but even then.

Compare that to the no. of ODI's the subcontinental players play, it's astonishingly greater, they end up playing more than 300 ODI's easily should they have a career of 12 years of more.

It's all about where your priorities are.

sl prolly gonna win dis....OR de Villiers comes up wit something special

Memories of the last time SA toured Sri lanka. Jaya and Sanga feel the need to boost their averages everytime we go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back