SS Cricket Bats

s.h.a.k

Local Club Regular
Runs
My mate wants a SS cricket bat or an Addidas bat that Tendulkar uses, he dont know nothing about bats but i dont know nothing about SS cricket bats or the Tendulkar one. He is 18 and is a opening batsmen for his team and he wants a bat that is light with a good pick up and a great and long middle. He is ready to spend around £160 - £200 which one will be better and also their are alot of different SS bats like the Ton, Matrix which one is better or is the Addidas better. I jave checked a few places online but dont trust them with these bats where is the best place to order proper genuine bats of these two makes. Thanks.

i have heard and seen good things from the SS Elite. When my friend first got one, he got an unbeaten 81 and won us the match. He then let me use it in the nets and it was a real gem of a bat

In terms of ping or what?

Personally I hate SS bats the most because there bat shapes are wired to me.
overall, i was really surprised by it because i also am not a friend of ss. i once used a ss gladiator and wasnt impressed by anything about it

overall, i was really surprised by it because i also am not a friend of ss. i once used a ss gladiator and wasnt impressed by anything about it

And Gladiator apparently is top of the line too!

I'm being repetitive but shape on SS is sooo wired for some reason :20:

My mate wants a SS cricket bat or an Addidas bat that Tendulkar uses, he dont know nothing about bats but i dont know nothing about SS cricket bats or the Tendulkar one. He is 18 and is a opening batsmen for his team and he wants a bat that is light with a good pick up and a great and long middle. He is ready to spend around £160 - £200 which one will be better and also their are alot of different SS bats like the Ton, Matrix which one is better or is the Addidas better. I jave checked a few places online but dont trust them with these bats where is the best place to order proper genuine bats of these two makes. Thanks.

you can Easily get a SS LE cricket bat for around £130 and i only heard good things about the bat

he can go for the Adidas ST Elite at his price range and they will be top bats. Same thing with SS bats. SS Dragon will be a very good bat for hitters. onlinestockist gives a good price for these bats.

they are pretty weird but most of the indian cricket team uses ss tons.

but then again they get the bats custom made to fit their shape and preferences so...

i wud recommend ur friend to get a custom made bat if he wants a bat for specific needs. or i recommend him to go to the gunn & moore website where it picks u a bat based on ur batting ability, order, and strength. if not he can just walk into one of the factories and press his luck there.

if not, i own the adidas master blaster elite cricket bat. the bat is a beautiful piece of willow and its manufactured by sanspareils greenlands (SG). if u are interested in this bat then u shud see this youtube video below. its the review of the bat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMvnDi3YXE

hope i helped

Last edited:
best part is.. try putting in what an international GM player (watson, akmal, trott etc) would put in and i bet you get a bat that they're NOT using

Hello,

I also agree that the GM bat selector isn't really helpful. You can go to cricketgearreviews.com and click on the youtube button. The guy who runs it, usually posts videos of the products. Sometimes he uses a ball so you can tell from the video the ping etc. Honestly, not really helpful for me but its something.

As for the SS bats, I have never liked them for some reason. The balance just didn't suit me.

Well the GM bat selector only chooses the bat depending on your shot selection. Choose a backfoot shot and you will get an icon.

SS Limited Edition Grade 1

Hi! Im currently looking at SS Limited Edition Grade 1 from Onlinestockist. I have read Cover Drive Bhais posts, and it made me a bit unsure about the bat. Do SS bats break more easily?

My CA 12000 i bought last year lasted only 1 season before it broke from the handle, and with lots of cracks on the face. It had about 18 grains, and the williow was very very soft.. Any suggestions Cover Drive or other?

Jazakallah

No SS bats dont break easily. Coverdrive hasnt used any SS bats himself and he doesnt like Indian brands and thats why he tries to put people off by making stuff up. I've owned and used around 7 SS bats and never had any problems.

Go for SS ranger or SS Limted Edition. I've owned and used both bats, SS bats do perform lot better then any english or pakistani bats. Handle's on SS bats are very good quality. If u want longer lasting bat then I would suggest you go for SS ranger or SF Saphire.

Last edited:
No SS bats dont break easily. Coverdrive hasnt used any SS bats himself and he doesnt like Indian brands and thats why he tries to put people off by making stuff up.

Go for SS ranger or SS Limted Edition. I've owned and used both bats, SS bats do perform lot better then any english or pakistani bats. Handle's on SS bats are very good quality. If u want longer lasting bat then I would suggest you go for SS ranger or SF Saphire.

Thank you for the reply Knightrider. I really like the SS Limited Edition, and i think im going for this bat. Good to hear about the perfomance, there is one guy here in Norway who uses SS GOLD, and ive heard many ppl saying that the bat is really good. Knightrider, if it lasts one season without cracking im satisfied :)

SS cracks because they are soft pressed and soft pressed bats crack faster hence your CA had loads of face cracks.

Samething basically applies on SS bats.

Never used SS bats, but I have heard they do go like a gun but crack very easily - similar to CA. Maybe like Cover drive says it is due to pressing.

If you cant judge bats pressing or used any SS bats its best not to comment on it. CA are totally different and SS are differently pressed, you cant just use one word like the bats are softly pressed. CA bats are uderpressed so they can make big bats with huge edges/profiles in light weights and bats which are underpressed or pressed too softly dont perform that well. After a short while of use the bats top surface will start to lift up, grains split quickly and toe gets dented.

SS have different type of pressing its done to perfection for best performance only. SS dont cut corners like CA or MB do with their top end bats.

All bats are different its about the willow not the pressing.

Last edited:
i will tend to agree with knightrider here. SS bats are not as big as CA. and that could be due to pressing but their performance is top class and they last as well. i would say go for the Matrix or Gold edition over the Limited Edition.

i will tend to agree with knightrider here. SS bats are not as big as CA. and that could be due to pressing but their performance is top class and they last as well. i would say go for the Matrix or Gold edition over the Limited Edition.

Thanx for the advice. Why Matrix or Gold Edition? How are the compared to Limited Edition

more expensive i think. rated higher also. and performance wise matrix sweet spot is longer compared to LE (esp around the toe area due to more wood present).

I have heard from people saying that top of the line SS bats are a bit over priced so that could be one of the reason why askmoi bhai said Matrixx and Gold over LE

Back