Suggestion for a good car

saj001

ODI Debutant
Runs
ok guy's i am gonna buy my first car soon and i am no exper here . Maybe we can find few car expert's here

here are few fact's about me

i am 17 going to be 18 in January.

Passed my theroy in flyign colour's (50/50) and (54) in hazard & Perception part.

I have already taken 10 driving lesson's.

Dont worry about the budget , Just suggest a good car for a teenager :afridi , a dashing looking one :iamlegend and for the first time driver

Rolls-Royce Phantom:
rolls-royce-phantom.jpg

Or:
tmb_uglycar.jpg

depends on what type of car you want...r u gonna buy brand new or second hand?

u can either buy a Toyota Corolla or a Honda Civic if u want to go with a fuel efficient car.

If you go on long drives regularly I would suggest Nissan Altima as a good car..pretty good on fuel too(but not as good as corolla or civic)

If you want a sport car, then you have many options too. What type of car you want will determine that...

You really need to specify a budget otherwise this won't really work!

Fawad_Bhai said:
depends on what type of car you want...r u gonna buy brand new or second hand?

u can either buy a Toyota Corolla or a Honda Civic if u want to go with a fuel efficient car.

If you go on long drives regularly I would suggest Nissan Altima as a good car..pretty good on fuel too(but not as good as corolla or civic)

If you want a sport car, then you have many options too. What type of car you want will determine that...

now i m 90 % sure u live in middle east ? UAE or Saudi arabia :)

I'd wait till you pass your practical test 1st....

saj001 said:
Any help will be appreciated.

oval_beetle1.jpg

Maybe an old beetle, after all accountants are known to be stingy trying to save every cent

Fawad_Bhai said:
Kitne kee hai :p and which showrooms is it available on...what type of license required to drive it...airbags and safety ke baare mein bhee kuch batao... ;-)

go to the nearest local ghada mandi (if there is such a thing) and ask them and inshallah they will answer all your queries.....hopefully

but actually i think its a good idea if everyone practices driving on a ghadi gari first before a motor car as it'll help develop road sense! ;-)

:))) :)))
^^ Sachi mai aise hee kuch haal hai mera.After reading some of the comments and looking at the suggestions.

Anyway...I have a suggestion.NO Its not funny.Its actually a good choice.
http://davidnaylor.org/temp/c30-front.jpg
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/volvo-c30-rear-quarter-electric-silver.jpg

Because Edward Cullen has the exact same car in teh Twilight book series and same color and girls might scream when they see your car even if its perfectly normal/ordinary looking.:D

Koi bhi ley lu, ju chaar phiyoon per sarak per chalti hu.

Buhut zyada dhuwaan nahi chorti hu.

Engine aisi awaz na nikalta hu key subah key time Paroosi neend sey jaag jayin.

Theek hai na? :D

On a serious note bro I would say go for a hatchback car (not sure which one as models are different perhaps Honda Fit) and just sup up the car and it will look sickk thats all you need (in my opinion)

Why dont you get a Vauxhall Astra? My brother has had it since about 2/3 years now and its going really well. Its quite economical aswell.

Afridi_Fan said:
Vauxhall cars are available in Pakistan?

I dont know about that, yaar. Maybe someone on PP who lives in Pakistan can tell us.

vauxhall/saturn/GM/holden/chevrolet and model names are probably different. once you identify exact one, get a 1.7 astra - great economically. though for first, corsa; yaris; micra might be wise - 1.0

thank you very much for help people*sarcasm* and :14: for the guniene one's :)

yes fawad bhai i am looking to buy used car ... Thanks for teh advice Oxy bhai but it isnt me who is buying it, my sister getting it for my brithday hence i dont know the budget :D. She just want to know which car i want :)

Last edited:
Yaser said:
vauxhall/saturn/GM/holden/chevrolet and model names are probably different. once you identify exact one, get a 1.7 astra - great economically. though for first, corsa; yaris; micra might be wise - 1.0

i like corsa :)

Boi said:
Why dont you get a Vauxhall Astra? My brother has had it since about 2/3 years now and its going really well. Its quite economical aswell.

thanks bro i will think about it.

ace_allrounder said:
:))) :)))
^^ Sachi mai aise hee kuch haal hai mera.After reading some of the comments and looking at the suggestions.

Anyway...I have a suggestion.NO Its not funny.Its actually a good choice.
http://davidnaylor.org/temp/c30-front.jpg
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/volvo-c30-rear-quarter-electric-silver.jpg

Because Edward Cullen has the exact same car in teh Twilight book series and same color and girls might scream when they see your car even if its perfectly normal/ordinary looking.:D

:)) :))

Okay Guys... I already have family car. Now , i am looking a 2 seater car for myself. My budget is £1000-1500. Any help will be very much aprreaciated. I am struggling to find a good car for myself.

saj001 said:
Okay Guys... I already have family car. Now , i am looking a 2 seater car for myself. My budget is £1000-1500. Any help will be very much aprreaciated. I am struggling to find a good car for myself.
2 seaters are generally sport cars so for 1000-1500 you probably might not get one that doesnt make you look like a :ibutt, add a couple of more zeros and than we are talking.

khalil1986 said:
2 seaters are generally sport cars so for 1000-1500 you probably might not get one that doesnt make you look like a :ibutt, add a couple of more zeros and than we are talking.

:))) :))) then i think i should give up.

saj001 said:
i would be happy if you list price and etc..:) btw thank you very much fo rthe help man.
LOL you would faint, Anyway whatever car you decide to buy best buy it off auto trader as that is where you will get it the cheapest, Ebay is not bad if you know what your doing and at least you know your seller somewhat through his feedbacks and try to buy it from private seller and if you have to buy it from a trader than be careful of a certain asian community ;-) :)))

khalil1986 said:
LOL you would faint, Anyway whatever car you decide to buy best buy it off auto trader as that is where you will get it the cheapest, Ebay is not bad if you know what your doing and at least you know your seller somewhat through his feedbacks and try to buy it from private seller and if you have to buy it from a trader than be careful of a certain asian community ;-) :)))

Yea, Auto Trader is the best option. I was on it earlier but i couldn't figues which model/make to buy :)))

saj001 said:
Yea, Auto Trader is the best option. I was on it earlier but i couldn't figues which model/make to buy :)))
Just be careful who you buy from as too many clowns who will try ripping you off, it might be just better to buy from ebay from someone who has excellent feedback and the best way to get a bargain is keep an eye on the newly listed items as this is where most bargains get snatched up

khalil1986 said:
Just be careful who you buy from as too many clowns who will try ripping you off, it might be just better to buy from ebay from someone who has excellent feedback and the best way to get a bargain is keep an eye on the newly listed items as this is where most bargains get snatched up

Thanks Mate!!

Tbh i am not very informative about cars at all hence im asking for help, but i love to drive and im a pretty good driver :))) .

saj001 said:
Thanks Mate!!

Tbh i am not very informative about cars at all hence im asking for help, but i love to drive and im a pretty good driver :))) .
No worries and I also enjoy driving and surprise surprise I think I'm Schumacher as well once behind the wheel but the reality is quite different :))) :)))

khalil1986 said:
No worries and I also enjoy driving and surprise surprise I think I'm Schumacher as well once behind the wheel but the reality is quite different :))) :)))

:))) :))) Thanks man again!

At least you found one car in my budget (well it was still over) :))) ...

saj001 said:
:))) :))) Thanks man again!

At least you found one car in my budget (well it was still over) :))) ...
Good luck with your quest, although I would defo check the insurance out as that wont be cheap especially if your under 21, You will most likely pay a lot more than the car itself. you can get one of the registrations off ebay and go to confused.com and put all your details and see what happens. I'm pretty sure your in for a nasty surprise if you did not consider it

khalil1986 said:
Good luck with your quest, although I would defo check the insurance out as that wont be cheap especially if your under 21, You will most likely pay a lot more than the car itself. you can get one of the registrations off ebay and go to confused.com and put all your details and see what happens. I'm pretty sure your in for a nasty surprise if you did not consider it

:))) :))) thanks but i knew about this:D

saj, go for a corsa, i think you will be able to get a half decent one for that price and insurance will be low too.

If the budget was slightly higher i would have suggested an Astra.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you get, enjoy!!!!!

i am in a similair situation to the OP recently passed dont know what to get. Corsa's aint bad car but i aint no expert. Tbh its the insurance which will be expensive for any new driver

Haroon Yasin said:
i am in a similair situation to the OP recently passed dont know what to get. Corsa's aint bad car but i aint no expert. Tbh its the insurance which will be expensive for any new driver
Depending on your budget inwould recommend a Renault Clio in diesel it has plenty power in 1.5 and also is cheap to insure and tax is only £35 for full year plus it's one of the most economical cars on the market guaranteed. you get depending on where/how you drive over 500 miles from a full tank

Last edited:
So the time has finally come to replace my beloved Nissan Qashqai which has served me well for many years.

I'm thinking of buying another SUV.

Any recommendations?

So the time has finally come to replace my beloved Nissan Qashqai which has served me well for many years.

Any recommendations?

Lexus UX or NX if you want bigger.

I had no choice but to upgrade my Audi A4 due to it not being ULEZ compliant (I live in a ULEZ zone), otherwise I could swear that I wanted to drive that car into the ground (300k miles if I could). Such a beautiful, smooth engine! Easily the best engine alongside Mercedes.

I had no choice but to upgrade my Audi A4 due to it not being ULEZ compliant (I live in a ULEZ zone), otherwise I could swear that I wanted to drive that car into the ground (300k miles if I could). Such a beautiful, smooth engine! Easily the best engine alongside Mercedes.

I've still got my old inline 6 530d but no longer ulez compliant, need to get rid of it but man is that engine smooth, every time I drive it just feels effortless. The waiting list on replacement cars is mad.

Any recommendations?

Hyundai Kona with the premium SE trim. A lovely and nippy drive, family friendly, and extremely reliable.

If you are price conscious then the Haval H6 is a really good car. Gives all the luxury feel, up to date tech and comes with a 7 year warranty. The main stream Japanese brands are really lacking behind in terms of providing up to date tech and always mark up prices for anything that they consider luxury.

I've still got my old inline 6 530d but no longer ulez compliant, need to get rid of it but man is that engine smooth, every time I drive it just feels effortless. The waiting list on replacement cars is mad.

Smart. My mate has the 330d. Very smooth as you say and it goes like stink. But the bigger chassis will make the ride even better.

The cost of good second hand cars has shot up. I bought my Merc C Class with 8000 miles on the clock. It now has 20,000. The showroom price of a comparable model has risen by 25% !

Build quality on them seems to have dropped though. I would still be rolling in my old E Class had the torque converter not been about to blow up. I loved that car. It was like a sofa on wheels. So solid and all the controls just in the right place.

Barring accidents the C Class will do me until we all have to electrify in a decade.

Smart. My mate has the 330d. Very smooth as you say and it goes like stink. But the bigger chassis will make the ride even better.

The cost of good second hand cars has shot up. I bought my Merc C Class with 8000 miles on the clock. It now has 20,000. The showroom price of a comparable model has risen by 25% !

Build quality on them seems to have dropped though. I would still be rolling in my old E Class had the torque converter not been about to blow up. I loved that car. It was like a sofa on wheels. So solid and all the controls just in the right place.

Barring accidents the C Class will do me until we all have to electrify in a decade.

my mates bro bought a cls for 18k, his wife disapproved due to the low slung roof on the back making having to put kids in the back a trial.

he sold his 3 months later for 21k. better than crypto lol. my bro in law had an e class and it was really nice to drive around in, he replaced it with a glc and tbh it just doesn't feel as comfortable and refined as a saloon.

if money wasn't a concern id love to get a new 5 series, those cars are so practical and all it takes is a blip of the throttle to put a smile on the dial. :D

Quite like the Audi Q3, Audi Q5, Jaguar F-pace and Mercedes GLC at the moment.

Quite like the Audi Q3, Audi Q5, Jaguar F-pace and Mercedes GLC at the moment.

the f-pace is the most visually impactful of those cars IMO. it has a very strong presence.

If you are not a pure petrol head then look into the Tesla Model Y. One of the smoothest drives around, superb tech and won't incur much wear and tear.

You can relax and have a smooth experience using just one pedal.

my mates bro bought a cls for 18k, his wife disapproved due to the low slung roof on the back making having to put kids in the back a trial.

he sold his 3 months later for 21k. better than crypto lol. my bro in law had an e class and it was really nice to drive around in, he replaced it with a glc and tbh it just doesn't feel as comfortable and refined as a saloon.

if money wasn't a concern id love to get a new 5 series, those cars are so practical and all it takes is a blip of the throttle to put a smile on the dial. :D

Yeah, so much space.

My mate with the old 330d lives in the London ULEZ and can’t afford to run it any more.

Not sure I'm ready yet for an electric car.

Maybe next time.

In that case maybe go Hybrid?

You can't go wrong with a Lexus RX
Comes fully loaded so you get plenty of bang for your buck!

My next car will be electric or hybrid but I currrntly drive a Range Rover and their after sales service has gone down the drain. Jaguar is now under the same ownership and if their service is the same then I would say stear clear of it.

Mercedes have apparently invented an electric car which can travel 500+ miles without a recharge.Which would be fantastic in theory if electricity charges weren't going through the roof in the UK.

Any recommendations?

Skoda Karoq or Kodiaq are good SUVs, and being VW owned they are very reliable. My brother-in-law has an Octavia and the interior and infotainment systems are pretty good. The Skodas also look more classy than a lot of similarly priced counterparts too.

Skoda Karoq or Kodiaq are good SUVs, and being VW owned they are very reliable. My brother-in-law has an Octavia and the interior and infotainment systems are pretty good. The Skodas also look more classy than a lot of similarly priced counterparts too.

Skodas are highly underrated. My stepfather was a private driver for years until he retired, used to drive execs between offices and airports, and he would rack up tens of thousands of miles every year in Skoda saloons. Extremely solid and reliable cars, a very smooth quick journey as well.

Electic, range of 630 KM

Attachments

• BMW el-SUV iX ny.jpg
    BMW el-SUV iX ny.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 103
Skodas are highly underrated. My stepfather was a private driver for years until he retired, used to drive execs between offices and airports, and he would rack up tens of thousands of miles every year in Skoda saloons. Extremely solid and reliable cars, a very smooth quick journey as well.

Definitely. VW build quality without VW prices. The Karoq is a good looking car too.

5 magic words that I follow:

German Engineering or Japanese Reliability.

Best car has to be the gold given the price.

If you want bigger then 3 series or Lexus IS.

But all round I think the Lexus IS might be the best .

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] - if you want another family suv - Volvo XC40 / Skoda Karoq / Hyundai Tucson / Seat Atecan / Volkswagen Tiguan / SEAT Tarraco / Volvo XC90 / Kia Sorento

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] - if you want another family suv - Volvo XC40 / Skoda Karoq / Hyundai Tucson / Seat Atecan / Volkswagen Tiguan / SEAT Tarraco / Volvo XC90 / Kia Sorento

Oh no, please don’t recommend those crossovers. They are not good looking and neither here nor there in terms of practicality. Better to go for a full suv or a traditional estate.

Oh no, please don’t recommend those crossovers. They are not good looking and neither here nor there in terms of practicality. Better to go for a full suv or a traditional estate.

I concur with this. Crossovers are no good off-road, and don't have the family comfort / load capacity of an estate.

decision is upto saj, he likes what he likes

Buying a new car that is not electric could be very costly down the road especially if one lives in North America/Europe. Most new cars sold here by 2030 will be electric, so if you are in the market to sell your gasoline car then won't find many buyers.

Issue is most car manufacturers are focusing on the luxury electric suv segment and their offerings are in the $80-100k range. As a cheaper option there is the BMW i4 and Tesla Model 3. Although the model 3's reliability is a bit shaky it does come with an option of full self drive which is improving significantly year on year.

Back