Sunil Gavaskar Annoying much

pakboy93

Debutant
Runs
Does anyone else find Sunil Gavaskar commentary annoying and biased? He is the biggest lunatic i have ever seen. He just says things sometimes that he doesnt even think about and says it out. I find his commentary very annoying and up stuck. What are your thoughts on this guys? Whenever he comes on to commentate during the England India game, he gets annoying the minute he starts talking.

Last edited:
No one take this joker seriously. just avoid him, as you can see where his son is right now.

Gavaskar, akram, harsha are a torture.

Noooo, :wasim isn't annoying. He actually helps you understand the situation and what is going on further. He helps the viewer at home of the different movement and seam positions and etc. Harsha is another character as well. LOL

Noooo, :wasim isn't annoying. He actually helps you understand the situation and what is going on further. He helps the viewer at home of the different movement and seam positions and etc. Harsha is another character as well. LOL

nah, Akram just isn't commentator material.

reason akram is commentating just becasue hes broke and second legand status just like Gavaskar.

If by situation you meant "bowling well underpressure" then yeah... otherwise he is a torture. Captain obvious.. "well bowled.. nice shot.." seriously annoying on ears.

If by situation you meant "bowling well underpressure" then yeah... otherwise he is a torture. Captain obvious.. "well bowled.. nice shot.." seriously annoying on ears.

Hahahaha. He does say that quite a lot but its not as annoying as Gavaskar or Harsha. What do you think?

Gavaskar is the best and the bests have too many haters

Look at that audacity to calll Gavaskar idiot and lunatic..perfect internet kings here!!

Its one thing to say he is biased or a bad commentator..but the language is just incredible!!!

All hail the internet!!

Last edited:
i find harsha bhogle far worse, if only he was sacked or resigned. i hate his guts.

Harsha and Gavaskar are annoying. I like Bumble, Nasser, Ganguly and Wasim only when he talks about swing bowling

Look at that audacity to calll Gavaskar idiot and lunatic..perfect internet kings here!!

Its one thing to say he is biased or a bad commentator..but the language is just incredible!!!

All hail the internet!!

So you don't find him annoying because he really is. I have to mute him every time he commentates. No offense though.

Gavaskar comes across as really stuck-up and arrogant... signs of someone who's gotten too old! I also think Harsha is extremely annoying and comes off as a I-know-it-all type of character. Ravi Shastri is easily the best commentator from the subcontinent.

lol Gavaskar yesterday during the Praveen appeal against Pietersen (where the ball would have been hitting the stumps but Pietersen was quite far down the crease): "oh my god.. that would have hit the stumps!"

I've never heard a commentator say "oh my god" live on air, especially in a shocked accent like his :))

Guess you have to be a legend of the game to break commentary rules so arrogantly :D
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ew7tY8Q3Trw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a guy :)) :19:

Last edited:
Guess you have to be a legend of the game to break commentary rules so arrogantly :D
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ew7tY8Q3Trw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

one of the ugliest moment in Commentary history

great stuff from gaavaskar there!!! This def is one of the ugliest moment in cricket history..and this test alone was nonsense.

Love how kumble got back at the end..." Only one team played with the spirit of the game" ( legendary quote used by aussies against england)

So you don't find him annoying because he really is. I have to mute him every time he commentates. No offense though.

I do find him biased against our side..not a fan of his commentory either. But against using words like lunatic or an idiot for small things like this against such a legendary cricketer.

great stuff from gaavaskar there!!! This def is one of the ugliest moment in cricket history..and this test alone was nonsense.

Love how kumble got back at the end..." Only one team played with the spirit of the game" ( legendary quote used by aussies against england)

LOL keep sooking. We won.

Also love Anil Kumble for that comment, a day or so after he vociferously appealed for LBW when the ball was hit through the covers....

To the OP, Gavaskar is the Ian Healy of India. One side, biased, openly cheering for one side. But hey, most nations have one.

So long as he is not in any official ICC capacity (which he used to be and had to resign) he adds some colour.

nah i enjoy Gavaskar's commentary for that very reason. When he talks crap about a player, that's just funny lol. Harsha I think is good too and Wasim Akram is okish.

Best commentator imo is Nasser Hussain.

his mcommentary usd to be good but now he seems like a grumpy old man, poor ishant sharma bolwed one bad over and he started calling his bowling rubbish, just sounds like an annoyed angry old man now

How many times have you mentioned your SCG test victory RA bro :23:
You guys haven't won a single test afterwards , Booooo :p
188153455.gif

Last edited:

Also love Anil Kumble for that comment, a day or so after he vociferously appealed for LBW when the ball was hit through the covers....

To the OP, Gavaskar is the Ian Healy of India. One side, biased, openly cheering for one side. But hey, most nations have one.

So long as he is not in any official ICC capacity (which he used to be and had to resign) he adds some colour.

I don't ever listen to Gavaskar because of his pro-Indian cheering. But on that particular incident, after Ponting picked a ball right of the grass and appealed, any commentator should have shellacked him. I'm not talking about that test match, I couldn't give a toss who won.

188153455.gif

Oh is it.... Have the Aussies not won any test after that against India....

:))) Serves them rite then........

On 2nd thots it can be the HAND OF GOD

Not in 8 tests since then, India has won 5 of them , 3 being draws :)

I thought he was a decent analyst around 2000 and then I heard him a few years later and he had changed into a complete cheerleader. Can't figure out what happened to him.

^ Guess the cocky man was always in him, he couldn't express his views before because we were doing pathetic :13:

Nothing better than watching these cheerleaders all worked up.

Jonathan Liew would agree :yk

^ Guess the cocky man was always in him, he couldn't express his views before because we were doing pathetic :13:
I would go so far as to say he was one of my favourite analysts back then.

Sad to see a legend stooping to silly, low quality comments.

Someone should have a word with him. Or just make him listen back to his commentaries.

Man, I'm going to miss Ponting when he retires. :)))

Something I can't say for Tendulker.

I would go so far as to say he was one of my favourite analysts back then.

Sad to see a legend stooping to silly, low quality comments.

Someone should have a word with him. Or just make him listen back to his commentaries.

Well the analyst Gavaskar is still top notch, only his patriotic commentary gets on people's nerves

He is a good analyst and gives some observations on the game but goes into overdrive once too often and very biased as well.

The best and most balanced commentator I have ever listened to is Richie Benaud. Never heard Richie go over the top and make silly comments.

Rest all commentators have flaws of different kinds. I loved Nasser's commentary on star sports, even Ganguly is not that bad. Wasim is always fun though:)

Yaar yeh kabhi acha nahin tha.... I like Manjrekar from India...

Manjrekar is the complete opposite of Gavaskar :))
Lost respect for him after that pathetic article on Sachin back when he was going through a bad phase

Manjrekar is the complete opposite of Gavaskar :))
Lost respect for him after that pathetic article on Sachin back when he was going through a bad phase

Kya galat likha tha bechaaray ne.....

He was not playing well at that time... even Ian Chappel said the same....

Agar Sachin acha na khele to woh bolna Gunah hain kya ?

1. Timing of the jump is very Imp
  2. Wasting time is gamesmanship
  3. Give the first hour to bowlers and rest is yours
  4. Conserve energy

Gavaskar was a pretty decent analyst till about 2000. Don't know what happened to him after that. Nowadays he pretty much focuses all his talk around Sachin, milestones, hundreds etc. Can be very irritating most of the times. When he does talk about the finer nuances about batting it is good to watch meaning he has the potential to be a good commentator. He still is a vociferous backer of Asian teams and that is good to see, especially after the nonsense meted out to us by Aus/Eng till the early 2000s or so. For example Ind used to tour Eng during winter and the harsh winter cold affected our performance greatly. Eng was pretty much adamant regarding the scheduling. It was Gavaskar who forced the change single handedly. He openly supported Pakistan in 92 WC and always backed Murali.

188153455.gif

I don't bring it up. Your fellow fans keep bringing it up to complain about it.

No kidding we haven't. We aren't any good anymore.

We weren't that good then so :p to you for managing to lose the first 2 Tests to us. :hamster:

Totally agree with Gavaskar in that clip. The Aussies are proper dodgy.

Kya galat likha tha bechaaray ne.....

He was not playing well at that time... even Ian Chappel said the same....

Agar Sachin acha na khele to woh bolna Gunah hain kya ?

Said something like Sachin faked injuries to skip games. That was pathetic i guess

I don't bring it up. Your fellow fans keep bringing it up to complain about it.

No kidding we haven't. We aren't any good anymore.

We weren't that good then so :p to you for managing to lose the first 2 Tests to us. :hamster:

The mistakes won';t be repeated this time, well i hope so :asif :))

Here goes Gavaskar again :). Saying Praveen was wrong and deserved 20% fine, but Broad should have been called to match ref in last match as well.

Last edited:
Totally agree with Gavaskar in that clip. The Aussies are proper dodgy.

Yeah but our team is actually comprised of Australians so we back them to do our best.

I know you have to have higher standards when you are employing mercenaries, they are expensive no?

He said the dumbest thing about Dravid after he got his century :facepalm:

Sunil : "I want Dravid to make his highest score of 270 here, so that he can say, Look guys i got my highest score here on this tough pitch" :facepalm:

One of the dumbest things i've heard on air :)))

He said the dumbest thing about Dravid after he got his century :facepalm:

Sunil : "I want Dravid to make his highest score of 270 here, so that he can say, Look guys i got my highest score here on this tough pitch" :facepalm:

One of the dumbest things i've heard on air :)))

he meant it as a joke...

One must understand he is doing commentery for indian team fans

One must understand he is doing commentery for indian team fans on star cricket

he meant it as a joke...

Please explain the joke :yk

After he said this hilarious 'joke', there was an awkward silence, no on laughed (even Shastri), and the other commies started talking about something else :)))

Please explain the joke :yk

After he said this hilarious 'joke', there was an awkward silence, no on laughed (even Shastri), and the other commies started talking about something else :)))

Yaar agar low scoring match main koi aisa bole to woh joke hi hian ... nuthin else... Gavaskar may be biased but he is not foolish to think that in a low scoring match Dravid will score 270+...

He was just saying in context of Dravid record being poor while opening and hence the JOKE :)

standing up against racism and discrinmination by the white-skin ? Nothing wrong in that.

But it would have only made an impact if he were commentating on a aussie channel or skysports or even Ten sports.

Yaar agar low scoring match main koi aisa bole to woh joke hi hian ... nuthin else... Gavaskar may be biased but he is not foolish to think that in a low scoring match Dravid will score 270+...

He was just saying in context of Dravid record being poor while opening and hence the JOKE :)

Very poorly executed and thought up 'joke' by him....the only funny thing was the dead silence afterwards :)) I might add this to the lame jokes thread :)

standing up against racism and discrinmination by the white-skin ? Nothing wrong in that.

But it would have only made an impact if he were commentating on a aussie channel or skysports or even Ten sports.

The one thing you cannot accuse of Gavaskar is refraining in standing up for any asian teams with regards to bullying from white nations. He openly supported Murali/Shoaib several times on air when fellow australian commentators such as Ian Chappell/Tony Grieg were there with regards to chucking and accused Australians of double standards with their treatment of Brett Lee.

He is the one who openly accused of Australian playing with 13 players including two umpires when he was reporting for test match cricket back in 1991. Gavaskar is not the one who will mince his words when commentating. He will not care if it is an australian media/indian media, he will speak out.

He comes across as biased and uninspiring at times with regards to commentating but chickening out has never been a feature of Gavaskar's commentary.

I am saying....it would have not made much impact if were commentating for starsports. Its like showing your anger at your own people. Would have been much better to put this kind speech right into the face of white-skin.

I am saying....it would have not made much impact if were commentating for starsports. Its like showing your anger at your own people. Would have been much better to put this kind speech right into the face of white-skin.

My friend, he is contracted to starsports for commentary, so he cannot join the skysports and give his mouthful there. He openly criticised the discrimination when he was at the ICC conferences itself, so there is no lack of intent on Gavaskar's part. He will say the same thing when contracted by Sky sports or whatever channel.

He may be biased and all that BUT he will not chicken out in his opinions.

Gavaskar is not the one who will mince his words when commentating. He will not care if it is an australian media/indian media, he will speak out.

He comes across as biased and uninspiring at times with regards to commentating but chickening out has never been a feature of Gavaskar's commentary.

Yeh Jung hum jeet ke hi rahenge..... Yalgaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr

Gavaskar is not only a biased commentatoor but he is a pretty stupid commentator who makes idiotic comments before thinking them through.

Some of his comments are really stupid and he thinks that he's funny.

Case in point last match where the English appealed for a nick and referred it and hotspot showed nothing.

Gavaskar says , 'I dont see a HotSpot. Maybe there's a Cold Spot'

And he starts laughing as if he''s cracked the joke of the century.

And then Harsha Bhogle another cheerleader, who hasnt even played gullee cricket, joins in too :facepalm:

I think Bumble was there with them in the comm box and he's prolly like what have I gotten my self into. Some extra cash from StarCricket just isnt worth going through the torture I have to go wih these cheerleaders!

Yeah but our team is actually comprised of Australians so we back them to do our best.

I know you have to have higher standards when you are employing mercenaries, they are expensive no?

Mate some of the stuff from your boys in that clip was embarrassing. Even the South Englanders at their worst don't plumb those depths.

Ten Sports is more Indian than Star Cricket.

The one thing you cannot accuse of Gavaskar is refraining in standing up for any asian teams with regards to bullying from white nations. He openly supported Murali/Shoaib several times on air when fellow australian commentators such as Ian Chappell/Tony Grieg were there with regards to chucking and accused Australians of double standards with their treatment of Brett Lee.

If he supported Pakistan, then i have respect for him :akhtar

Thank god we have DRS now and even wickets on no balls cant get away. And in last Ashes Botham also got upset in similar situation. But because of DRS Australia didnt get a wicket, shamefull stuff really.

Yea the fact that he stands up for sub continental teams risking his image is admirable. If it was any other guy he would have been booted out of the channel but Gavaskar has the open license from ESPNStar , he is the chosen one :yk

Playa !

Gavaskar does everything :nasser wishes to do but can't do because he ain't no legend :60:

only Nasser can talk what ever he wants...everybody else are annoying or ridiculous!!!!

only Nasser can talk what ever he wants...everybody else are annoying or ridiculous!!!!

or Ian Botham or Michael Atherton.

Loved it how Shastri said it on air that England are jealous of all our achievements.

What a horrrendous attempt at sarcasm :facepalm:

Nasser talked about DRS, and BCCI single handedly rejecting it. Which is true, and a perfectly legitimate topic to be talking about on tv.

Shastri launched an unbelievable personal attack on England, on its people, on everything, live on tv!

You think comparing the 2 will make Shastri look any better?

Back