Sunil Gavaskar impressed with Fawad Alam

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
On commentary Gavaskar singing Fawad Alam's praises and saying that he was very surprised that Fawad had not been part of Pakistan's middle order in recent times.

Any sane person would agree with this but our selectors are special

On commentary Gavaskar singing Fawad Alam's praises and saying that he was very surprised that Fawad had not been part of Pakistan's middle order in recent times.

Yes but it's sad at the same time for me that we dropped Sohaib for Sharjeel.. Fawad and Sohaib today in final could have been great IMO

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk

Fawad Chanderpaul. When did he change his game? Just noticed today.

I would agree with him too. Seems to actually have a brain.

1.Ahmed Shehzad 2.M Hafeez 3.S Maqsood 4.F Alam 5.M Ul Haq 6.U Akmal
That should have been our line up.
Its good Fawad is getting praise so that the selectors will have to draft him into the test side

1.Ahmed Shehzad 2.M Hafeez 3.S Maqsood 4.F Alam 5.M Ul Haq 6.U Akmal
That should have been our line up.
Its good Fawad is getting praise so that the selectors will have to draft him into the test side

totally agree with u. and anwar ali at 8. he wud have given same amount of runs talha umer and junaid have been giving in this asia cup but his batting is very mature

What's even impressing is that he's grabbed this opportunity with both hands, unlike some of our new blood !

Well Arun Lal and Rohan Gavaskar have been saying Fawad Alam has the inability to accelerate.

They are saying that he is a limited batsman doesn't have all the shots. Hits the ball hard but plays alot of dot balls. Isn't a youngster like virat kohli who has all the shots in the book

I think this batting pair brings the time back of players from the 90s who used to play out the first 40 overs and then accelerate in the last 10 overs.

Fawad alam is an exact younger version of misbah but if given proper exposure of international cricket will improve and learn all the tricks and trades of the game according to the situation

I think they are too worried that if they get out the batsmen behind them will collapse. But end of day if Pakistan can increase the run rate it won't matter who does it. You need him to rotate the strike though.

:6 for Fawad and shuts Harsha up

Another 50 for Fawad.

well done.

He is much better and MATURE than a lot who have been tried recently.

Tough 50 after a woeful performance from the sloggers at the top of the order. Well played, I like the look of this bloke. I do think he is more of a Test bat than an ODI bat though.

Hes the ideal ''glue'' that holds the innings together in the middle order, playing a great knock once again today from coming in when the team was ina precarious postion

Seriously find it hard to believe Fawad Alam has been ignored for years. Easily our best batsmen even if he bats ugly he makes runs so consistently. Could become our best test and ODI batsmen.

This guy is one of the best 'playmakers' going around in cricket today.

The perfect foil for the flashy inconsistent batsmen.
Pakistan definitely are a better side with him in it.

Great moment for Fawad if he was praised by a legend like Sunny. He saw talent in :fawad

Hope this 100 is a slap in the face for captain, management and selectors who have kept him out of the sqaud for so long.

Shame on Pakistan selectors for ignoring him for so long. 2 innings, two match saving innings he's a run machine.

He is a play maker, very busy who keeps the opposition busy too. Knows his limitations and focuses on his strengths

Yes but it's sad at the same time for me that we dropped Sohaib for Sharjeel.. Fawad and Sohaib today in final could have been great IMO

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk

Why Maqsood?

We would have been 50-4 if Maqsood had played.

There is no room for him. Alam has shown Maqsood how to be a middle order batsman.

Maqsood is a deer caught in the headlights and a bit of a hack, very disappointed in him.

Just seen that 6 he hit to get to his 100 and there is one left hander that hits that shot exactly the same- Eoin Morgan.

I just hope our media who never qustioned selectors why Fawad selected for last 3+ years grow some and ask the selectors why they did not select him.

The selectors who are responsible for keeping me out Ilyas, Iqbal Qasim, Mohsin, Jaffer etc.

I just hope our media who never qustioned selectors why Fawad selected for last 3+ years grow some and ask the selectors why they did not select him.

The selectors who are responsible for keeping me out Ilyas, Iqbal Qasim, Mohsin, Jaffer etc.

Why was he dropped again? I find it impossible to believe how our selectors can get away so easily without any explanations!

Why was he dropped again? I find it impossible to believe how our selectors can get away so easily without any explanations!

Because they selected him in wrong format and moment his career performances deteriorated a little they dropped him. Although he still averaged 40 in odis

The Australians figured him out in 2014 by drying up his singles. He then failed against Bangladesh in the ODI series in 2015 although he was unfairly sent in late. His test career suffered after Shane Bond troubled him with pace and bounce on the 2009 tour.

He also failed to win Pakistan that ODI against South Africa in 2010 where it was his responsibility to take the team home in the final over but his lack of hitting abilities caught up with him.

He certainly should have been given more opportunities in the ODI and Test format given that he has always performed and topped the charts in our domestic tournaments year after year.

The Australians figured him out in 2014 by drying up his singles. He then failed against Bangladesh in the ODI series in 2015 although he was unfairly sent in late. His test career suffered after Shane Bond troubled him with pace and bounce on the 2009 tour.

He also failed to win Pakistan that ODI against South Africa in 2010 where it was his responsibility to take the team home in the final over but his lack of hitting abilities caught up with him.

He certainly should have been given more opportunities in the ODI and Test format given that he has always performed and topped the charts in our domestic tournaments year after year.

He was always more of a test bat than odi

Yes maybe he didnt have the power game for odis but theres absolutely no cricketing reason why he shouldve been excluded from the Test team for the last decade

Legend knew the true value of gem. :fawad

You said it bhai. Just want to see Fawad have some of those odd 30-40 run scores in between as well when he makes a 100.

However, can’t say I’m displeased with Faadi at all 3 hundreds in his last 3 series and 2 coming in winnings causes during pressure situations.

Gavaskar, Dravid and W. Jaffer all acknowledged him. Too bad I can’t say Tabish succeeded, feel really awful for the guy but merits one more game in my view before being discarded :(

You said it bhai. Just want to see Fawad have some of those odd 30-40 run scores in between as well when he makes a 100.

However, can’t say I’m displeased with Faadi at all 3 hundreds in his last 3 series and 2 coming in winnings causes during pressure situations.

Gavaskar, Dravid and W. Jaffer all acknowledged him. Too bad I can’t say Tabish succeeded, feel really awful for the guy but merits one more game in my view before being discarded :(

Hard to expect a bowler who is at the end of his career to make his debut and succeed. Tabish is unfortunate that he is already 36 and get his game now. Batsmen can still have few good years after debuting in their 30's but unfortunately bowlers cannot.

Hard to expect a bowler who is at the end of his career to make his debut and succeed. Tabish is unfortunate that he is already 36 and get his game now. Batsmen can still have few good years after debuting in their 30's but unfortunately bowlers cannot.

The same can also be said for spinners.

Just feel bad for the old boy, he really tried his best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fawad is one of the best batsman produced in history of cricket. His jaw-dropping batting record is legendary and it will forever remain in the record books. His story of perseverance, determination and humility is already an inspiration for many individuals. Fawad never said a word and he always answered his critics with the bat.
His record is the real truth that will remain. Why he never played for Pak and score 10k runs will forever be an enigma that is Pakistan cricket. Rest are just opinions and liking/disliking

Last edited:
Fawad story shows hard work and perseverance pays off.
Like Mike hussy , he gets chance late but he is now making most of it.
he looks like he is enjoying every moment of this.
Well done fawad - all the best from an indian fan...

Fawad story shows hard work and perseverance pays off.
Like Mike hussy , he gets chance late but he is now making most of it.
he looks like he is enjoying every moment of this.
Well done fawad - all the best from an indian fan...

Michael Hussey comparison is not correct.

1. Hussey came when he was 30 so still had a good 5-6 years of a high level. Fawad is coming at 35 when batsmen are well past their peak.

2. More importantly; Hussey was being kept out by guys like Lehmann, Martyn, Steve Waugh etc; Fawad was being kept out by significantly inferior plauers

Back