Tape Ball

All-Rounder

Debutant
Runs
In India we barely play tape ball. So i wanted to know if we are supposed to use the heavy tennis balls or the light ones for playing tape ball cricket.

we just use slazenger tennis balls they are quite light and get good bounce from them.

I'd love to play tape-ball cricket with the hard tennis ball. Unfortunately when I had the opportunity, the prices of them was way too much.

This is because a few months ago I used a prepaid credit card to buy cricket kit off the internet. Now, when I had bought it, I had £2.59 left on my credit card and I thought to myself (because my parents don't like me buying random junk off the internet, such as things such as tennis balls), I'd use the excuse that because I had a minimal amount of money left that I needed to spend, I'd spend it on anything cheap and tell my parents I was inclined to buy the tennis ball because I needed to use up all of the money available on the credit card. However, what I found was that the cheapest price a hard tennis ball was available, I fell around 80p short of. :69:

But what type of ball do they use in tounies, Light or Heavy?
In Pakistan we use light tennis ball.

I had never seen heavy ball used for tape ball cricket till I played (what I thought were going to be) tape tennis ball cricket games with some indians at university over a decade ago.

In Pakistan we use light tennis ball.

I had never seen heavy ball used for tape ball cricket till I played (what I thought were going to be) tape tennis ball cricket games with some indians at university over a decade ago.

How was the experience of using the hard tennis ball tape-ball cricket? Was it better than using the light tennis ball?

Back