Fawad Alam
Misbah-ul-Haq
Umar Akmal
Kamran Akmal
Mohammad Aamer
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal
Abdur Rauf

i can understand asif not playing he is world class, but yousuf is obviously just being a coward

Last edited:
When/if our batting crumbles dont create the same threads over and over and over again saying the same thing please people.

Over 0.4: Geeves to Farhat, no run, no shot offered outside off
Over 0.3: Geeves to Farhat, no run, left alone outside off
Over 0.2: Geeves to Farhat, no run, defends to the short leg
Over 0.1: Geeves to Farhat, no run, left alone outside off

Simply amazed that Gul and Aamer are not being rested.

Moyo must be really hell bent on having them breakdown so he can play his buddy Sami ?

Last edited by a moderator:
kashif77 said:

Mayo must be really hell bent on having them breakdown so he can play his buddy Sami ?

yes, that's the plan

kashif77 said:

Mayo must be really hell bent on having them breakdown so he can play his buddy Sami ?

Is Sami currently with the squad? Then he should have played. Maybe Sami is going to play the 1st Test and Gul, Amir and Rauf are fighting for the last spot. You never know...

2nd Over
Over 1.5: MacDonald to Butt, no run, short of a length but well wide of off stump
Over 1.4: MacDonald to Butt, no run
Over 1.3: MacDonald to Butt, no run, again left alone outside off
Over 1.2: MacDonald to Butt, no run, no shot offere outside off
Over 1.1: MacDonald to Butt, no run, no shot offere outside off

kashif77 said:

Exactly, and you'd think Sami (a man who hasnt played international cricket in God knows how long) would play in this practise match wouldnt you?!

Mohsin said:
Exactly, and you'd think Sami (a man who hasnt played international cricket in God knows how long) would play in this practise match wouldnt you?!

when did Sami arrive in Australia?

This website isn't good as it makes you refresh by yourself instead of doing it automatically:( It says that it will automatically refresh after 5 minutes!

Interesting that Malik isn't playing, what should we make of that decision? That he's a certainty for the 1st Test or that Faisal, Fawad and Misbah are the ones fighting for two spots in the middle-order?

iHammad said:
This website isn't good as it makes you refresh by yourself instead of doing it automatically:( It says that it will automatically refresh after 5 minutes!

just press F5

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
when did Sami arrive in Australia?

mmh, dont know but im sure he must be in Australia by now considering wheh he was called up (unless he's decided to go via the old route and ship it) :jm

Mohsin said:
mmh, dont know but im sure he must be in Australia by now considering wheh he was called up (unless he's decided to go via the old route and ship it) :jm

I'm guessing he must have been pretty knackered from the flight

Since it's only a warm-up would it be wrong to hope that Faisal and Misbah both fail?

if both faisal and misbah fail.. who r u goin to play instead of them 2.. i understand fawad wll come in for misbah but who wud come in 4 faisal

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
I'm guessing he must have been pretty knackered from the flight

I doubt it, he was called up on the 14th/15th(?) and the flight from Pakistan to Australia isnt that long im guessing (as compared to from somewhere like the UK).

usman7 said:
if both faisal and misbah fail.. who r u goin to play instead of them 2.. i understand fawad wll come in for misbah but who wud come in 4 faisal

Right, then I hope only Misbah fails.

Well I guess Mayo's thinking is that Sami is the "senior bowler with experience" .. hence he doesn't need to play.

This is absolutely wrong.

Play Sami .. let's see if anything has changed with him.

If he gets caned by a club side then we would know for sure that Rauf should be the first choice replacement.

failing in a warmup match doesn't really mean anything...succeeding in it however, could open the door for selection

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
wishing for a Pakistani to fail in anything is not an option

But it's in Pakistan's long term interest that they fail. Only way of Fawad maybe getting a match...

Over 4.1: Geeves to Farhat, one run, turned off the pad to fine leg, first runs off the bat for the tour

damn you Immy, Butt sahab was supposed to do that! :pissed

inshAllah saeed ajmal does well... so he can get the nod ahead of kaneria.... aussies would milk kaneria all day long.. we need ajmal against aussies... what do u guys think??

inshAllah saeed ajmal does well... so he can get the nod ahead of kaneria.... aussies would milk kaneria all day long.. we need ajmal against aussies... what do u guys think??
We think NO

Over 5.5: MacDonald to Farhat, no run, good ball, beaten playing down the line, ball just flashes past the outside edge

oye Immy, dekh ke khel yaar!

usman7 said:

NO! Kaneria is a better option, historically Australia murder off-spinners in Australia. Kaneria was good here last time, he will be more effective.

usman7 said:

well if anyone is watching the west indies ozzie series .. it should be a no-brainer to play both spinners.

the openers have barely had to play at anything...

kashif77 said:
well if anyone is watching the west indies ozzie series .. it should be a no-brainer to play both spinners.
yeah i agree... but who would get dropped... we dont have a bravo type of player would would score runs down the order.

usman7 said:
yeah i agree... but who would get dropped... we dont have a bravo type of player would would score runs down the order.

we had yasser .. but he had to get dropped for sami.

i would have had the following bowling line up

asif
gul/aamer rotation ?
yasser
ajmal
kaneria

kashif77 said:
we had yasser .. but he had to get dropped for sami.

i would have had the following bowling line up

asif
gul/aamer rotation ?
yasser
ajmal
kaneria

Bravo scored a century last match. Don't think Arafat has the same batting abilities.

by the way who is Captaaning the team? Kami?!

Over 7.5: MacDonald to Butt, no run, DROPPED, good ball, takes an edge and flies slowly to Doolan at second slip but he drops an absolute sitter

:)), abh to 100 pakka hai!

Usman Chadda said:
Butt dropped by Doolan (my mind says Dulhan) at second slip

listen to your mind Chadda sahab, abh settle honey ka time aagaya hai

Over 8.1: Geeves to Farhat, FOUR, edges between gully and third slip, ball runs to the third man fence for the first boundary of the day

first four of the tour

Over 7.5: MacDonald to Butt, no run, DROPPED, good ball, takes an edge and flies slowly to Doolan at second slip but he drops an absolute sitter

Geeves is very chalaak, going round the wicket to make the play the ball

Ali Raja said:
Bravo scored a century last match. Don't think Arafat has the same batting abilities.

i know .. but he's no worst then faisal/malik/misbah .. plus he can bowl.

Over 8.1: Geeves to Farhat, FOUR, edges between gully and third slip, ball runs to the third man fence for the first boundary of the day

kashif77 said:
i know .. but he's no worst then faisal/malik/misbah .. plus he can bowl.

But we shouldn't select players on the basis of 'not being worse' I think. If we are going to play an all-rounder it has to be Afridi because of his bowling.

Over 9.2: MacDonald to Butt, FOUR, thick edge playing away from the body, between third slip and gully

yaaay!

Over 10.6: Drew to Farhat, two runs, turned off the pads through square leg

at last

Is this Ginger macdonald? The allrounder?

If we are struggling against his 75 mph pies then watch out vs bollinger etc.

GLORY OF '92 said:
Is this Ginger macdonald? The allrounder?

If we are struggling against his 75 mph pies then watch out vs bollinger etc.

nope, some dude called Tim McDonald

Wow, slow start. If Nazir was playing, he would be on 30 from 5 instead of 5 from 30, right AZ :p

Back