The 4th ODI at Ahmedabad: score and discussion, 2nd Innings [12/04/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansab

Debutant
Runs
I hope i am proven wrong but i don't think pakistan is going to win this one. This is a farce as far i am concerned, win the toss, wear down the fielding side and you have a win. Just to save everybody from this "tamasha", next two matches should be decided on toss. Whoever wins the toss should be declared winner, no need to waste everybody's time. The details of scorecard can be sorted out between two captains ( A 100 for ganguly ofcourse)

Looks like Bad day for Pakistan Team...

Well if your watching the match then you'll know how "POOR" our fielding, Field placing, and EXTRA's are at PEAK at giving away!

Why are the Spinners constantly giving away wides and no-balls what are they FAST bowlers???

I hope pakistani Really learns for their defeat and learn to have Discipline in the future! I mean, Look at the aussies In WC 2003 Brett Lee was giving away 6-per over and R Ponting made statement after that "Even though we've won the match it doesn't mean we don't learn from mistakes and we need to stick to the basics!!

But here in Pak team we're lacking discipline through-out. It's almost become our culture to give away "High EXTRA's, Poor fielding and batting".

I really hope things slowly change! :$

And its NOT harsh statment its true facts so plz don't delete this thread cheers! I'd like your view thanks!

Now THAT will be a joke !

As Waqar Younis said on TV last night, only the team batting 2nd will be the true victors in this series !

The 4th ODI at Ahmedabad: score and discussion, 2nd Innings

Part 2:

More Torture for Pak Fans or a Wah Wah story ?

Rudi was giving no-balls for fun today - poor rana got pulled up on very very marginal decisions

heres something to give us hope

it is going to be another tough chase for Pakistan
but the last time a game was played here, India overtook West
Indies's 324 with 14 balls to spare.

well if the PCB doesn't get it yet - then they never will - SEND SHOAIB AND SHABBIR NOW !!!!!

stat of the day -

we gave india 38 extras today :O :O :O :O

cheers.

Key to victory--"Wickets in hand"

well Pakistan should understand this....as they wud have won both games if they only had wickets in hand...
Therefore....YKhan shud come in ahead of Inzi and Yoyo...
Both YKhan and Inzi should look to bat fifty overs while others shud play natural cricket..
It is certainly not Impossible

pak_all_the_way said:

Suddenly there is hope and lots of it - my view open with YK and Salman and get a good platform for the innings - forget about Afridi heroics - only adds further pressure if hes out quickly

Salman Butt - 70 off 82
Shahid Afridi - 119 off 56
Shoaib Malik - 40 off 42
Inzamam Haq - 0 off 4
Youhana - 71 off 102
Razzaq - 16 off 9

I think that adds up!

Yeah at Local Umpire of india's aet Sami's Ball of lbw hitting on the toe's. Why don't PCB compile the evidence together and take action against this for godsack it happend in West Indies, Austrialia and now in India. I Hate the idea of local umpires who the hell came up with that?? ICC is just hates Pakistani team for all its young talents!

MenInGreen said:
pak_all_the_way said:

Suddenly there is hope and lots of it - my view open with YK and Salman and get a good platform for the innings - forget about Afridi heroics - only adds further pressure if hes out quickly

MIG, this run rate needs to be controlled early on. Shahid may be the man today to open. All we need is a quickfire 50 from him and we should be fine.

razzaq should go up the order like he did in the 2nd ODI, he is just a waste playing against spinners at the bottom.

razzaq vs spinners = a fish out of the water !!

OK I change my mind then, Afridi to open

DM said:
Salman Butt - 70 off 82
Shahid Afridi - 119 off 56
Shoaib Malik - 40 off 42
Inzamam Haq - 0 off 4
Youhana - 71 off 102
Razzaq - 16 off 9

I think that adds up!

:)? u need some new clips for afridi montages :D

"Shahid Afridi - 119 off 56 "

when was the last time Afridi lasted more then 30 balls?

just last month in the test series!

Rameez going to town on Inzi and company and sajnay saying that inzi cannot think on his feet.

some valid pts from ramiz

Rameez and Sanjay - a bit like Waz and Shaz ....

Some pairings are soooooo unnatural.....

Sid 999 you canot be comparing the Paksitani teams over the long run with the India teams are u. Just how many series has India won outside its own soil. india has a better team now but come on man be intellectually honest

2 wides to give us a head start - Indian trying to make a match of it !

good job salman - keep afridi off the strike .

ok maybe.. India has not won any series of lately.. but it is getting there.. slowly and steadily... building one brick at a time...and you also have to accept that in these days.. India is the only team to give Aus run for its money... and i know again u are going to point to the home series defeat to Aus, but then it was not as one sided as Aus-Pak in 2001... was it???

Salman telling Afridi , Allah ka nam lay kar !!

way to go afridi !!

he tried to hit that back to pakistan

Afridi still there is more important !

I hate it when people compare us with India.. We are far superior.. Cricket is not just played in India and its certainly not a game to be played on dead dusty wickets..

Hence the word sporty.. you have those wickets and then i ll see how many test matches India wins.

utter non-sense.. these jokers or should I say "chokers" have won maybe 1 or 2 ODI tournaments in their history.
probably only one outside sub-continent which was 83 world cup..

ever since Sachin Ramesh Terdulkar has been around they have not won poopie.

AFRIDI IS A BEAST!!! WHICH OTHER PLAYER IN THE WORLD STARTS AN INNING COMING OFF A BAD RUN WITH COMING DOWN THE WICKET TO A FAST BOWLER AND SWIPING?!!!

:))) :))) :D :D :D :D

ok guys I would probably be the last one to put our players down .. I support bakri all the way but jeez.. come on.. Inzi.. you gotta smarten up man....

i have been saying this for a while now that we should make Younia Khan the captain.. right now is the time.. maybe for the series againt Windies, they should appoint him captain for the entire series.. since Inzi is banned for the first test anyways..

I am sure as captain he can do no worse, if not better than Inzi.

Just countdown till afridi gets out. Only a matter of seconds.

Shabash lagay rahna Allah ka naam lakay says Salman to Afridi !

I have one thing to say about the state of running between the wickets - SHOCKING

like i said before - when was the last time afridi lasted more then 30 balls in an ODI ???

Afridi has some seriously seriously damaged brains.

GOOD INNINGS BY AFRIDI!!!!

HOPE TO SEE MORE OF THIS NEXT MATCHES :D :D :D

Now we need to build on that foundation by AFRIDI!!

GO PAKISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Go Razzak!

Butt should hold the innings together while those around him should take the risks

Yeah we must maintain the momentum he created. Razzaq is ideal for it.

Can people pls keep on posting the score as they see it - thanks

Razzaq needs to calm down - run rate is healthy needs to be maintained- not exceeded !

In order for us to win this game, its crucial Butt plays a knock similar to the last one dayer.. Its going to be tough in the heat but he has shown the temprament. Razzaq needs to jump on the Afridi bandwagon and keep hiting it clean to make sure the run rate doesnt drop. plenty of good batters to come. Malik, Inzi, Youhana, YK etc. this is far from over, and we have a very very good chance. I would be disappointed if we lose.

Cruise control is also needed here - single a ball is also fine - suppose different ways to look at it

Run rate is falling here. We cant let the momentum drop here.

Sent to me by an Indian friend:

The following are some of the ideas for Ganguly to regain form and stay in the middle for a longer duration.(subject toapproval by I.C.C)

IDEA NO:1: Plastic Ball or Tennis Ball or Rubber Ball to be used while bowling to Ganguly.

IDEA NO:2: Only one stick should be kept while Ganguly is Batting instead of Three so that his chances of getting out bowled will be minimised

IDEA NO:3: Dada can wrap up his legs with 4 or 5 bats instead of pads, sothat there is no chance of getting out lbw.

IDEA NO:4: The size of the ball can be reduced to the size of a lemon or size of his bat can be increased to twice its size. Or the size of the ground can bedecreased to that of a Basketball Ground.

IDEA NO:5: Fast Bowlers are prohibited to bowl the following deliveries to Dada.
They should not bowl Inswinger,Outswinger,Off cutter, Leg cutter,Bouncer,ShortPitched Ball, Reverse swinging ball, yorker,reverse swinging yorker,slower balland most importantly in and around the off stump corridor.

IDEA NO:6: Slow Bowlers are prohibited from bowling off spin,legspin,doosra,googly,china man,flipper,faster ball.

IDEA NO:7: Speed restrictions for bowlers:
FAST BOWLERS: MAX 120 KMPH
SLOW BOWLERS: MAX 50 KMPH.

IDEA NO:8 Fast bowlers in their runup should run like Mohinder Amarnath andslow bowlers should not run at all.

IDEA NO:9 Ganguly can change his position as medium fast bowler instead of Batsman and bat at no:11, so that by the time he enters the ground 48 or 49overs would have been bowled.

IDEA NO:10: I.C.C Should warn Pakistan Bowlers that hereafter any bowler taking Dada's wicket, the number will not be added to the bowler's tally of wickets.

IDEA NO:11: Bowlers should not appeal for dismissal of Ganguly. Even a smallappeal (not necessarily loud appealing or excessive appealing) will lead tomatch refereee Chris Broad suspending the bowler for the rest of the series.

IDEA NO:12: Fast Bowlers should only throw the ball and slow bowlers should useunderarm throw.

IDEA NO:13: Even after this if Ganguly gets out, the bowler will be called achucker and new rule for bowling action, i.e.( 2 degrees bending of bowling armallowed for fast bowlers and 3 degrees bending of bowling arm for slow bowlers)will be taken into account and the bowler will be immediately sent to Australiaby next flight for corrective action.

IDEA NO:14: No fielder should catch the ball hit by Dada. If they catch, thenany of the opening batsman who got out earlier, like virender shewag will beallowed to bat for second time.

IDEA NO: 15: For every minute Dada stays in the middle, one run will be addedto his score and if the ball hits the bat and travels to the following places,runs will be credited to Dada as follows.
Slip,Gully,Forward Short Leg: 1 run
Mid on,mid off, cover,point: 2 runs
long on,long off,fine leg,third man: 3 runs.

and finally if Dada's wicket is taken before he reaches 50 runs all pakistani players willbe fined 50% of their match

You are right MIG. its a run a ball.. if they can do that comfortably fine.. if not, Razzaq would have to make clean hits to the boundary.. the way this wicket is I am sure they wont have trouble placing their shots and stealing singles and doubles .. make indians work in the field and tire them too..

basically its just the psychological pressure of scoring 6 runs an over.. if u dont have that batting first you can easily score 7/8 runs an over on such tracks.

Pakistan dont realise that it is very easy to win this game from here without taking any risks. Unfortunately they feel they have to score really quiclkly cos target is above 300. They need to play naturally and use their brains.

basically a boundary per over will do very nicely

kartick and negative [Edited by Mods: Tendulkar or SRT, take your pick pls] will be crucial here

Razzaq is finding it hard to time the ball though. We would really need to attack Kartik.

hehe.. nice one..

another golden addition to the infamous ganguly lore

Naz said:
Pakistan dont realise that it is very easy to win this game from here without taking any risks. Unfortunately they feel they have to score really quiclkly cos target is above 300. They need to play naturally and use their brains.

play naturally and use their brain ,,,,,,,, askin too much

in a strange way, spinners can be milked for singles easily, I think - match is evenly poised though with 9 wickets in hand , Pak should win from here

guys show some faith. inzi has been having a low key series so far.. i think he is due for a big score..

inshallah

if it even comes to that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back