"The advent of IPL in the UAE shows the hypocrisy of the BCCI" : Ehsan Mani

Ignoring that topi drama, what about wasting time trying to hold the series in India?
It was one of the options being negotiated.

The terms of the MOU said "mutually agreed" venue.So there was bound to be a negotiation.

But TBH all this didnt matter.The main thing was GOI permission and that was always hard to come by.

It was one of the options being negotiated.

The terms of the MOU said "mutually agreed" venue.So there was bound to be a negotiation.

But TBH all this didnt matter.The main thing was GOI permission and that was always hard to come by.
LOL, ok sure. Ignoring this topi drama as well, what about the whole "we can't play vs Pakistan because of the prestige of our nation and the soldiers dying on the borders and the Mumbai victims....oh wait, you guys wanna meet in Sri Lanka?"

LOL, ok sure. Ignoring this topi drama as well, what about the whole "we can't play vs Pakistan because of the prestige of our nation and the soldiers dying on the borders and the Mumbai victims....oh wait, you guys wanna meet in Sri Lanka?"

Every member of BCCI has their personal views as well.You cannot take that away from them.Thats democracy.

The bottomline is BCCI agreed to play a series with Pakistan in SL.GOI didnt give its permission.End of.

Every member of BCCI has their personal views as well.You cannot take that away from them.Thats democracy.

The bottomline is BCCI agreed to play a series with Pakistan in SL.GOI didnt give its permission.End of.
Yes after nonstop topi drama of

1) We can't play you because of the prestige of our nation and the sentiments of soldiers dying on the border and the Mumbai victims

2) Ok, we'll play you, but you come to us even though it's our turn to tour

3) No, we're too scared that our innocent angel players will be corrupted by breathing the same air as these boogiemen bookies in the UAE so let's play in Sri Lanka

the BCCI finally deemed it appropriate to go to the GOI at which point even if they had approved, there was no time for the proper tour that the PCB was promised.

What security BCCI need in UAE :facepalm

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

You sir have no idea.Just posting a few snippets from 2014.

An “assurance” from the UAE government that it would do everything to “protect the integrity” of the IPL went a long way in persuading the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to stage the first 16 matches, at least, of edition No.7 in the Gulf state.

The window is between April 16-30.

“We’ve received an assurance from the UAE government that it would leave no stone unturned to ensure that the integrity of the IPL and the game itself didn’t suffer at all. We have no reason to believe things would be otherwise,” IPL chairman Ranjib Biswal told The Telegraph on Wednesday.

The integrity issue is absolutely critical as there’s a “strong perception” that a powerful arm of the fixing mafia operates out of Dubai, one of the three Emirates (others being Abu Dhabi and Sharjah) that will host the IPL.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140313/jsp/sports/story_18075901.jsp#.V3A-mqKTWC5

Last edited by a moderator:
you may be right but excuse me can you guarantee corruption free matches within India even.

suspension of two IPL teams is one recent example.

1.IPL teams were suspended because their owners were found BETTING.NOT FIXING.Betting is illegal in India,but legal in many other countries.

2.Secondly if fixers are found and caught in India strict action is taken againist them.In UAE the mafia is very powerful and the BCCI only went to IPL after the Minister of Culture Youth etc of UAE personally liasioned with the BCCI and gave his guarantee that no matter how powerful that person may be the mafia will be kept at bay.

This goes back a long way and is a very complicated issue.So while BCCI may be comfortable holding IPL in UAE if it gets such assurances as it did in 2014,they dont trust the PCB to do that at all.

1.IPL teams were suspended because their owners were found BETTING.NOT FIXING.Betting is illegal in India,but legal in many other countries.

2.Secondly if fixers are found and caught in India strict action is taken againist them.In UAE the mafia is very powerful and the BCCI only went to IPL after the Minister of Culture Youth etc of UAE personally liasioned with the BCCI and gave his guarantee that no matter how powerful that person may be the mafia will be kept at bay.

This goes back a long way and is a very complicated issue.So while BCCI may be comfortable holding IPL in UAE if it gets such assurances as it did in 2014,they dont trust the PCB to do that at all.
Your same statements keep reminding me of a bollywood movie Jolly LLB.

The defence lawyer knew that his client is guilty but he keeps defending him for the sake of his own integrity.

Yes after nonstop topi drama of

1) We can't play you because of the prestige of our nation and the sentiments of soldiers dying on the border and the Mumbai victims

Personal view of a member,which a democracy allows.
2) Ok, we'll play you, but you come to us even though it's our turn to tour

According to the MOU the venue was not fixed and was subject to negotiations.You have a issue with that take it up with the PCB and not whine about BCCI.
3) No, we're too scared that our innocent angel players will be corrupted by breathing the same air as these boogiemen bookies in the UAE so let's play in Sri Lanka

Thats the right of every board.To refuse to tour a place they deem unsafe.They just dont trust the PCB with security.Your whining will not change it.
the BCCI finally deemed it appropriate to go to the GOI at which point even if they had approved, there was no time for the proper tour that the PCB was promised.

The tour schedule was agreed to by the PCB.They didnt have any issue.Complain to them if you have any issues or stop your topi drama.

Your same statements keep reminding me of a bollywood movie Jolly LLB.

The defence lawyer knew that his client is guilty but he keeps defending him for the sake of his own integrity.

Since you dont have a rebuttal,lets talk about bollywood.

The reasons were plain and simple.And has been the same since a long time.

Just because they dont match your narrative,lets cry foul.

Oh and that IPL team suspension verdict mentions betting by owners as the reason.May be you can now blame the judges.

Personal view of a member,which a democracy allows.

According to the MOU the venue was not fixed and was subject to negotiations.You have a issue with that take it up with the PCB and not whine about BCCI.

Thats the right of every board.To refuse to tour a place they deem unsafe.They just dont trust the PCB with security.Your whining will not change it.

The tour schedule was agreed to by the PCB.They didnt have any issue.Complain to them if you have any issues or stop your topi drama.
Thank you for clarifying that me posting my views on a cricket forum won't make changes. I was under the impression that the BCCI was logged in looking for suggestions.

I guess PakPassion should go ahead and shut the site and close up shop because us users don't hold and power.

Thank you for clarifying that me posting my views on a cricket forum won't make changes. I was under the impression that the BCCI was logged in looking for suggestions.

I guess PakPassion should go ahead and shut the site and close up shop because us users don't hold and power.

There is a difference between posting and non stop whining and complaining.The issues you are raising like schedule of tour or fixing of venue etc were discussed with PCB and fixed.They didnt have issues.So its a useless complain nothing else.

Yawnn..nothing new in this thread. Same old posters resorting to already used lame arguments from both sides.

To make it clear :

1) BCCI, GOI, or the Indian population does NOT want Pakistanis to play the IPL. PERIOD. Anything that could benefit Pakistan in the slightest bit isn't allowed.

2) Ehsan Mani says a lot of things but he should know by now that whatever he says will just be ignored. He's appeased enough people with his remarks and I don't think he has a future in any sort of space in International cricket.

3) Hypocrisy of BCCI isn't something new. We clearly have an example of them ditching their stance when Pakistan agreed to give up revenue on the 2012 bilateral series. Somehow, all their concerns (including the 2008 attacks, which they still use to deny a tour with Pakistan) went out the door when a bag of money was put in front of them ...same is the case with playing IPL in the UAE. All of a sudden their concerns (that they've had for years) disappear when some extra cash is seen.

What I find confusing is, when all of India finds it morally and ethically okay to ensure Pakistan does not benefit, why in the world do they expect Pakistan to do things that would benefit India? For example : Surrender XYZ, Ban XYZ organization, ensure special assurance is given to play in UAE, hire Wasim Akram as a coach and commentator etc..

Something doesn't add up...I believe there is an issue with principal when it comes to BCCI. They will maintain the status quo until you show them some money...then all their principals are thrown out of the door. Akhir Lakshmi bhagwan hai.

Well at least he thinks BCCI honchos are hypocrites. This should be music to the ears of our fans.

He said it in 2014 when he was totally right .some people are too much judgemental

He said it in 2014 when he was totally right .some people are too much judgemental

So they were hypocrites in 2014 but they are not hypocrites now. Where is the judgmental narrative here.

article from 2015

Pakistan want to play ‘home series’ in the UAE, but India unwilling over fears of betting and match-fixing.:)):)))
https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/pakistan-rejects-bcci-invitation/

the whole ipl will be played in uae that also include sharjah which was once called fixing hub :inti

May be you should read the article again.

It is reliably learnt that Manohar doesn’t want India to play any series in the UAE. Last year when the IPL was moved to UAE due to Lok Sabha election, Manohar — who was not in the BCCI then — in a statement had said, “Many years back a conscious decision was taken by the BCCI to abstain from matches in the Middle East in view of certain information regarding rampant betting and match fixing. As far as I know, that decision has not been revoked. Due to the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the decision to shift IPL matches to the Middle East will further tarnish the already murky waters surrounding the tournament.”

It was Manohar who raised the issue and Bcci took govt clearance to play in uae. They have again applied for clearance this time.

As you know GoI has not given any clearance to any pakistan series. Also Manohar is no longer in the bcci.

May be you should read the article again.

It is reliably learnt that Manohar doesn’t want India to play any series in the UAE. Last year when the IPL was moved to UAE due to Lok Sabha election, Manohar — who was not in the BCCI then — in a statement had said, “Many years back a conscious decision was taken by the BCCI to abstain from matches in the Middle East in view of certain information regarding rampant betting and match fixing. As far as I know, that decision has not been revoked. Due to the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the decision to shift IPL matches to the Middle East will further tarnish the already murky waters surrounding the tournament.”

It was Manohar who raised the issue and Bcci took govt clearance to play in uae. They have again applied for clearance this time.

As you know GoI has not given any clearance to any pakistan series. Also Manohar is no longer in the bcci.

Shashank Manohar said that many years back a conscious decision was taken by BCCI. How many years back was that decision taken?

As part of IPL was played in 2014 as well but in 2015 india refused to Play Pakistan. So obviously many years back means decision was take years before 2014. Is it that the decision of not playing in UAE only comes into play when Shashank Manohar is in BCCI or when its not related to a series with Pakistan?

Thats some odd kind of decision making which was done "many years back" which comes into play when it feels like it but on other occasions approval can be taken from indian govt while endorsing the fact that decision still stands and isnt revoked.

On what basis the decision still stands? If UAE doesnt have fixing problems then why Indian govt has to give permission on every occasion? If it does have fixing issues then why does Indian govt still gives permission to play?

Ehsan Mani needs to get over it seriously.

India and Pakistan wont play cricket for forseeable future and no one can do anything about it, not even ICC. World isn't fair, boo-hoo. India owns the majority of the revenue stream in cricket, if pushing of WT20 for creating an IPL window doesn't get that into your brain, nothing will. So keep crying. It is what it is.

PCB can either create a system where they earn good money without India. Or they can just sit back and cry about how unfair it is that India isn't playing them and not work towards being independent without India.

Solid point by Mani in 2014 and a point that is still valid 6 years later.

Ehsan Mani needs to get over it seriously.

India and Pakistan wont play cricket for forseeable future and no one can do anything about it, not even ICC. World isn't fair, boo-hoo. India owns the majority of the revenue stream in cricket, if pushing of WT20 for creating an IPL window doesn't get that into your brain, nothing will. So keep crying. It is what it is.

PCB can either create a system where they earn good money without India. Or they can just sit back and cry about how unfair it is that India isn't playing them and not work towards being independent without India.

This post is full of arrogance and unfortunately he is not the only one who is supporting this hypocrisy of BCCI. Just goes to show that people who have power don't have class always. :inti

Yup..so not sure what the issue is now?

Issue is why can't India play a bilateral series against Pakistan in UAE? It is very clear that India don't want to play in Pakistan and will only allow Pakistan to play in India when it suits us just like that 'Aane Do' series in 2012. We love to play against Pakistan in ICC tournaments also so I am not sure why can't you and others see the hypocrisy of BCCI here clearly? :inti

Issue is why can't India play a bilateral series against Pakistan in UAE? It is very clear that India don't want to play in Pakistan and will only allow Pakistan to play in India when it suits us just like that 'Aane Do' series in 2012. We love to play against Pakistan in ICC tournaments also so I am not sure why can't you and others see the hypocrisy of BCCI here clearly? :inti

I think its nothing to do with UAE but playing Pak.

Yea we should had played them last 8 years we could had gotten our head to head record much better but BCCI has to convince the Govn who as you know will defn not allow atleast not the new one.

Most corporates and countries are hypocritical all that matters is if they are efficient not everyone can be like Nelson Mandela.

Last edited:

Are you really not aware of the relationship between both countries and concepts like NOCs etc? Thats really surprising

Issue for whom? Lol.

India does not want to engage in any bilateral cricket ties with Pakistan and the reasons are known to all. This has nothing to do with UAE. Not sure why you keep going on and on about bilateral series. Its not going to happen any time in near future.

'Aane do' series was in 2012....lots of water have flown under the bridge since. GOI will not allow bilateral series even in India at present times.

As far as world cups are concerned, ICC for long used this marquee game as money making match and kept both teams in same group. This is changing as well and from next T20 WC you will not see Ind and Pak in same group. They will only play if they have to play in knockouts.

You can call it hypocracy or anything but BCCI has been very clear about this issue since long time.

Times have changed, Ind-Pak cricket is thing of past.....come out of it and enjoy the new dawn (i.e IPL)

India and Pakistan wont play cricket for forseeable future and no one can do anything about it, not even ICC. World isn't fair, boo-hoo. India owns the majority of the revenue stream in cricket.

I agree no one can do anything about it. We will remain a superior team to India due to our head to head. The world isn’t fair indeed. India has accepted it will remain the worser side between the two sides. India can own majority of the revenue besides the history.

I think its nothing to do with UAE but playing Pak.

BCCI clearly stated previously that they did not want to play in UAE as they felt that UAE was corrupt as a cricket venue.

Another interesting question is if Covid continues its spread in India, will the UAE want the IPL to happen? especially if it brings an influx of covid infections into the country? And with travel restrictions abound, which foreign players will risk it? How will the IPL ensure there are strict bio bubbles around the teams?

Its all well and good saying your going to stage it but there are still important questions that need answering.

BCCI clearly stated previously that they did not want to play in UAE as they felt that UAE was corrupt as a cricket venue.

BCCI played in UAE in 2014. Took govt permission to do so. BCCI will play in UAE again, they have applied for permission.

Govt gives no permission to play with pakistan.

Secondly whenever BCCI plays in UAE they directly negotiate with UAE board and even UAE govt.

So BCCI only plays in UAE under special circumstances and with special permission.

There is a slight bit of hypocrisy but in reality it is just a small white lie the BCCI tell to justify why they don't want to play Pakistan.

It should be categorically clear to the PCB that BCCI have zero interest in playing Pakistan unless they are compelled to in a world cup game.

This trend of PCB officials thinking they can shame India into playing them is like an ex girlfriend pathetically trying to manipulate a former lover into getting back together. It only makes the PCB look bad and the BCCI more stubborn.

The PCB has only two options which are to pursue legal action ( wont have a case), or to cultivate good relations with other teams and forget about India.

Yes it is unfair, yes the ICC is powerless etc etc but that's just the way it is.

Asia cup 2018 was held in uae..dont forget that..india played and won the asia cup in 2018 in uae

Are you really not aware of the relationship between both countries and concepts like NOCs etc? Thats really surprising

I am aware of the hypocrisy by BCCI which you all are trying to ignore openly just to look over patriotic here.

Relation between India and Pakistan were not that good in 2012 either when Pakistan toured India but when our turn comes to play against them in UAE/Pakistan, we bring this excuse of NOC's lol. :inti

Issue for whom? Lol.

India does not want to engage in any bilateral cricket ties with Pakistan and the reasons are known to all. This has nothing to do with UAE. Not sure why you keep going on and on about bilateral series. Its not going to happen any time in near future.

'Aane do' series was in 2012....lots of water have flown under the bridge since. GOI will not allow bilateral series even in India at present times.

As far as world cups are concerned, ICC for long used this marquee game as money making match and kept both teams in same group. This is changing as well and from next T20 WC you will not see Ind and Pak in same group. They will only play if they have to play in knockouts.

You can call it hypocracy or anything but BCCI has been very clear about this issue since long time.

Times have changed, Ind-Pak cricket is thing of past.....come out of it and enjoy the new dawn (i.e IPL)

Take some time off your trolling, wipe your blue tinted glasses and think logically for once. Guys like you are the first ones to watch Indo Pak matches yet you guys act like it doesn't even matter. IPL is a tamasha league which is only meant for kids who are never going to grow up. Keep enjoying that piece of trash and don't even watch India vs Pakistan either otherwise you will also come across as a hypocrite like BCCI. :inti

Last edited:
BCCI played in UAE in 2014. Took govt permission to do so. BCCI will play in UAE again, they have applied for permission.

Secondly whenever BCCI plays in UAE they directly negotiate with UAE board and even UAE govt.

So BCCI only plays in UAE under special circumstances and with special permission.

And that's the point. UAE is ok to play in when it suits them.

If you say a venue is tainted, then suddenly it's not, that is just ridiculous.

India can keep its Covid and cricket. Good luck.

Looking forward to Pakistan England series.

Take some time off your trolling, wipe your blue tinted glasses and think logically for once. Guys like you are the first ones to watch Indo Pak matches yet you guys act like it doesn't even matter. IPL is a tamasha league which is only meant for kids who are never going to grow up. Keep enjoying that piece of trash and don't even watch India vs Pakistan either otherwise you will also come across as a hypocrite like BCCI. :inti

Your opinion on IPL means zilch though as they are just that, your opinion. The reality is its the biggest cricket league in the world played by global superstars and watched by millions. Its importance is proven by the fact that ICC had to postpone world cup to accomodate it. Calling it a 'Tamasha league' and 'watched only by kids' etc.help to earn few brownie points in online forum but have zero resemblance to reality.

Not sure which part of my post triggered you so much that you are ordering me not to watch Indo-Pak match again? Never knew you had personal monopoly on it :))

When did I say I will not watch Ind-Pak match? I just said BCCI is not interested in playing bilateral series with Pak and they have made their stance clear multiple times. Even Pak fans understand this and have moved on...but somehow you are stuck.

If and when bilateral series happens...we all will enjoy then. But can we please take your kind permission to enjoy IPL for now?

You are a master of running in circles and avoiding the actual point being raised. You said everything without addressing the post that you quoted.

Your blind following of the BCCI is nauseating. I'm sure you can clearly see what the actual point of contention is but even though you have no answer to it, you'll continue to tout the same irrelevant ** to save face.

Last edited:
pcb is obsessed with India, its obvious they dont want to play pak because the ind gov want to squeeze pak right to the periphery in all matters.

pak is just unlucky that India happens to control global cricket finance, pcb need to get their head down and find ways to make money without India for the next 10 years to play it safe.

Your opinion on IPL means zilch though as they are just that, your opinion. The reality is its the biggest cricket league in the world played by global superstars and watched by millions. Its importance is proven by the fact that ICC had to postpone world cup to accomodate it. Calling it a 'Tamasha league' and 'watched only by kids' etc.help to earn few brownie points in online forum but have zero resemblance to reality.

Not sure which part of my post triggered you so much that you are ordering me not to watch Indo-Pak match again? Never knew you had personal monopoly on it :))

When did I say I will not watch Ind-Pak match? I just said BCCI is not interested in playing bilateral series with Pak and they have made their stance clear multiple times. Even Pak fans understand this and have moved on...but somehow you are stuck.

If and when bilateral series happens...we all will enjoy then. But can we please take your kind permission to enjoy IPL for now?

Lol those Indian fans who prefer tamasha cricket over Indo-Pak series and try to downplay it as if it's an ordinary series are the ones who get hurt and leave the stadium in the middle of the match first.

If my opinion on IPL means zilch why are trolls like you getting hurt then lol? I am not ordering you to not watch Indo-Pak cricket I was just exposing the hypocrisy of people like you. I don't like IPL and I don't watch it either. So if there is anyone who doesn't like bilaterals, hate Pakistan from the bottom of their heart, want to hurt Pakistan financially yet watches series like 'Aane Do' one or CT matches then he is a hypocrite in my opinion.

Regarding permission it's actually the opposite whenever someone says anything against that circus league some kids start losing their mind and try to force their opinion on others that it's the best league and whole world cares about it. :inti

But they already played Asia cup..

Great and that was a multi nation tournament. So what is stopping us from playing a test series against Pakistan in UAE? What's the excuse now? Ind and Pak won't play against each other in their respective countries but can always play in UAE now? :inti

Great and that was a multi nation tournament. So what is stopping us from playing a test series against Pakistan in UAE? What's the excuse now? Ind and Pak won't play against each other in their respective countries but can always play in UAE now? :inti

I already said I have no issue with hypocrisy till they are efficient.

Lol those Indian fans who prefer tamasha cricket over Indo-Pak series and try to downplay it as if it's an ordinary series are the ones who get hurt and leave the stadium in the middle of the match first.

If my opinion on IPL means zilch why are trolls like you getting hurt then lol? I am not ordering you to not watch Indo-Pak cricket I was just exposing the hypocrisy of people like you. I don't like IPL and I don't watch it either. So if there is anyone who doesn't like bilaterals, hate Pakistan from the bottom of their heart, want to hurt Pakistan financially yet watches series like 'Aane Do' one or CT matches then he is a hypocrite in my opinion.

Regarding permission it's actually the opposite whenever someone says anything against that circus league some kids start losing their mind and try to force their opinion on others that it's the best league and whole world cares about it. :inti

Don't forget that the 'experts' were calling ODI cricket as tamasha cricket some 20 years back.

Lol...who is getting hurt on your opinion regarding IPL? Stop this dramebaazi. You can say whatever you want about IPL and that is your prerogative. You said (did a whataboutery rather) that 'If India can play IPL in UAE....why not bilaterals with Pakistan' and I replied on that post. Wondering how did you assume that I got hurt regarding your opinion on IPL.

Also who said that I dont bilaterals? See this is the issue with you who thinks if anyone likes league cricket..he is against internationals. I have always maintained that I watch all forms of cricket and whatever comes on tele will watch. I will also watch the upcoming Eng-Pak test series. So if and when Indo-Pak bilateral series happens will surely watch. But not sure why watching IPL only will make me a hypocrite?

Previously there were only Test matches and ODIs. As a result there used to be lot more bilateral serieses. This game evolved and now T20 leagues are a big part of this sport. But somehow you are not able to cope with this change. Same thing happened with previous generation when ODIs were introduced and Kerry Packer did his league thing.

Lol...who is getting hurt on your opinion regarding IPL? Stop this dramebaazi. You can say whatever you want about IPL and that is your prerogative. You said (did a whataboutery rather) that 'If India can play IPL in UAE....why not bilaterals with Pakistan' and I replied on that post. Wondering how did you assume that I got hurt regarding your opinion on IPL.

Also who said that I dont bilaterals? See this is the issue with you who thinks if anyone likes league cricket..he is against internationals. I have always maintained that I watch all forms of cricket and whatever comes on tele will watch. I will also watch the upcoming Eng-Pak test series. So if and when Indo-Pak bilateral series happens will surely watch. But not sure why watching IPL only will make me a hypocrite?

Previously there were only Test matches and ODIs. As a result there used to be lot more bilateral serieses. This game evolved and now T20 leagues are a big part of this sport. But somehow you are not able to cope with this change. Same thing happened with previous generation when ODIs were introduced and Kerry Packer did his league thing.

Read the first line of my post then come back please. :inti

Some people are running around hurt and making brave comments.

Some people are making no sense when trying to make excuses for a rather pathetic situation and one where a Board has been shown up.

Oh the irony!

Back