The Best Bat I Have Ever Used Is?

johng

Debutant
Runs
As a bat trader I have swung, held, looked at and played with over 500+ bats of which some have been good, some have been planks, some have been outstanding and a couple have been good enough where you would just need to lean on the ball to see it sail to the boundary.

The best bat I have ever played with was a Newbery Thruxton so good in fact that I would bat in such an arrogant fashion as I new I would only need to half get it and the ball would fly for 4. That Newbery has lost it's ping and I truely thought I would never have or hold a better bat than that Newbery.

Well today it happened, my first CA 12000 TRD 2.10oz arrived and it is massive 42mm edges and a featherlight pick up was just astonishing. I gave it 1000 strikes with a M&H super heavy mallet and of to the nets I traveled. This bat simply hammers and it is still being run in, the power is mind blowing and it is the best bat I have ever had in my hand and gentlemen I know my bats, this is the best bat being made anywhere in the world and I do know my stuff.

(I will post some photos tomorrow)

The craftmanship was also surprising and complimented by a fantastic balance that I thought only possible of a UK made bat. The handle is good but not great but I can live with that.

Do yourself a favor and buy one as this bat is must for any serious cricketers kit bag and if I was to score the TRD out of 10 it would be 9.5. :14:

I'm glad you liked your TRD.

I have seen many CA top of the range models over the year but TRD and MANI LE are the two models in CA's catalogue which impressed me with the quality and craftsmanship.

I haven't played with TRD but have seen them in action and these bats fly every where of the blade, even when you play with the toe it travels reasonable distance.

You have nailed it! If I get a chance to go to Sialkot I'll be getting one made in front of my eyes.

I agree handle is not great but I haven't seen any of CA handles break so I won't say they are that bad. Out of all Pakistani bats CA handles are the best better than likes of MB, AS etc etc

I hope you score tons of runs with it.

Wow, best bat ever used!! Now that's quite a statement!! Look forward to your photos. Is this the same as the "best grains TRD" you had posted earlier?

CAs gaining some good rep these days. I only hope they fix their handle issue because they could become one of the best.

I have a TRD that hasn't been used yet...I have been knocking it in slowly and the ping is amazing although toe needs a lot of knocking.

I will work on it this week and see how it does in the nets.

Glad you are liking it.

Most of my club mates play with CA bats. Some of them are okay and some of them are beauties. But all of them are CA 10000 :)

SS mate as they are the best by far. Clearly better than anything else. When you go to CA can you get me a TRD? 2.9OZ

If I go then I can certainly get you one.

SS are good but I find Puma to be slightly better I haven't tried SS pads though they are on there way.

I'm eager to try these new Boom Boom softs and GN Legend softs. Will have them by next week hopefully.

Last edited:
i picked up a CA TRD when I was at UZI Sports and I don't think I've ever seriously considering spending that sort of money on a bat before. But it was truely amazing and if I had that money on me at the time i certainly would've snapped it up.

Felt amazing in my hands and it tapped up very well!

If I go then I can certainly get you one.

SS are good but I find Puma to be slightly better I haven't tried SS pads though they are on there way.

I'm eager to try these new Boom Boom softs and GN Legend softs. Will have them by next week hopefully.

Thanks CD let me know when your in Pak can paypal you the cash

CAs gaining some good rep these days. I only hope they fix their handle issue because they could become one of the best.

CA has broken down the barrier of just being respected IN Pakistan but now sort after in places like UK, Aus and NZ

CA has broken down the barrier of just being respected IN Pakistan but now sort after in places like UK, Aus and NZ

Do you reckon that Uk brands will switch manufacturing to Pakistan shortly? Previosly their handles, finishing and durability has been inferior to the Indian's, sounds as if it's getting there.

Unfortunately they may be playing catch up for a few more years though, with the likes of SS and SG with their brand spanking new factories and improving machinery.

Do you reckon that Uk brands will switch manufacturing to Pakistan shortly? Previosly their handles, finishing and durability has been inferior to the Indian's, sounds as if it's getting there.

Unfortunately they may be playing catch up for a few more years though, with the likes of SS and SG with their brand spanking new factories and improving machinery.

The cricket industry and cricket in general needs a competitive and thriving Pakistan and a company like CA will start manufacturing for a global or UK brand probably happening now

For me nothing surpasses the ping originally off my MB Sarfi. Bat is long gone now, and the ping was gone surprisingly quickly, but it was a beast in its day.

Well I have used my TRD 12000 for 3 matches now - all I can say the middle of the bat is unbelievable - the ball just races along without having to hit it the ball hard. My mate used it and hit one of the biggest 6s I have seen at my local ground.
Unfortunately the toe end of the bat did incur some minor dent damage- hopefully the bat will still last the rest of the season.
Highly recommend the bat.

newmatrrixx4.jpg

newmatrrixx2.jpg

The best ever I've used(only recently started using & still using it well) is this bat I got from Ajit (Online Stockist) last season. I'm not a bat trader n I just like to try lot of different bats. I have used arnd 70-80 bats and I know my bats really well can judge quality of bats better then most others. This bat Matrrixx is just so goods it makes such meaty sound and ping is unreal. Close in fielders take few steps back wen they hear the bats meaty sound and ball flying of the bat. I didnt hit a single six last season but with this bat I hit 3 sixes in one match, one six was really high n long and 1 six was flat and it hit the sightscreen.

Last edited:
Johng make sure you give the toe a good knocking in as it seems the toe is very weak with all CA bats.

SSS (old Stuart Surridge) the best I have ever used. When I was a teenager back in the 70s, a friend of family gave me a SS bat that I started to use with my friends in playground and matches. We only had this one bat between the 15 of us and we used it day and night. Over the years it developed cracks everywhere but it carried on. The ping off this bat was awesome and the bat never died. Sadly I stopped playing cricket and one of the younger players threw it on a bonfire in my absence in late 80s. I will always remember this SS bat.

great thread. favourite 10 years ago was a CA Gold - which i still have. 16 grains with a touch of heartwood. Now my favourite is def my Thruxton SPS, which used to be to your favorite eh john

how much in rupees is a CA trd??? i will probably get one in two seasons as i want to fully use my mb malik bubber sher which is also a phenomanl bat....

Back