The END of the Man United era and Sir Alex Ferguson

I watched more football then you have in you life. I only asked for peoples opinion and the way you are reacting to this thread I can easily tell that you know that you are being over taken by Man City.

You have watched more football than anybody on this forum havent you? But then tell me expert is Arsenal being overtaken by Tottenham or has that already happend? If United are on the slide, how long has Arsenal been on the slide? 8 years is it?

shak your logic is flawless. United posters disagreeing with your opinion = they must agree with you. :))

You have watched more football than anybody on this forum havent you? But then tell me expert is Arsenal being overtaken by Tottenham or has that already happend? If United are on the slide, how long has Arsenal been on the slide? 8 years is it?

Look no need to act smart i did not mention i have watched more football then everyone on this forum i said i am sure i watched more then you have. And this thread is about Man U, dont know why you trying to hide your team behind Arsenal. Yes Arsenal have been on a slide for the last 6 years or so and if you want to debate about Tottenham overtaking Arsenal then open a seperate thread.

shak your logic is flawless. United posters disagreeing with your opinion = they must agree with you. :))

When did i say that United posters have to agree with me.

He might ask Sky for a job as a pundit. "I have watched more football than Gary Neville, Redknapp and Souness put together"

Hahaha very funny.
Few of you Man U fans are getting abit to personal, You lot take the **** out of other fans and when you get it back you just can not take it. I only mentioned what I think if you do not agree you do not need to and I am not forcing you to post on here so just get out of here. Let the real Man U fans talk not some glory supporters whos days are over by Man City.

Look no need to act smart i did not mention i have watched more football then everyone on this forum i said i am sure i watched more then you have. And this thread is about Man U, dont know why you trying to hide your team behind Arsenal. Yes Arsenal have been on a slide for the last 6 years or so and if you want to debate about Tottenham overtaking Arsenal then open a seperate thread.

When did i say that United posters have to agree with me.

Hahaha very funny.
Few of you Man U fans are getting abit to personal, You lot take the **** out of other fans and when you get it back you just can not take it. I only mentioned what I think if you do not agree you do not need to and I am not forcing you to post on here so just get out of here. Let the real Man U fans talk not some glory supporters whos days are over by Man City.

You have already said to quite a few poster that you have watched more football than them. Without really knowing anything.

Yeah, I dont agree with your opinion and I am just saying my opinion. And who are you to judge who a real United supporter is and who is not? Do you know anything about me and how I support United? No, so stop acting like a you-know-what.

And you did not answer my question. If United is on the slide is every other team in the PL besides City and Tottenham on the slide? That is a valid question and since you apparently have watched more football than me (which I am sure you have not) you should give a answer.

You have already said to quite a few poster that you have watched more football than them. Without really knowing anything.

Yeah, I dont agree with your opinion and I am just saying my opinion. And who are you to judge who a real United supporter is and who is not? Do you know anything about me and how I support United? No, so stop acting like a you-know-what.

And you did not answer my question. If United is on the slide is every other team in the PL besides City and Tottenham on the slide? That is a valid question and since you apparently have watched more football than me (which I am sure you have not) you should give a answer.

Well I know more then you and I dont think I have said this to anyone.

Well if you can judge about me then I am sure I can judge about you too. Yes I can tell how much you support Man U because you getting too personal and upset thats because you know your team is being over taken by Man City.

Well this thread is not about other teams if you want to debate about other teams slide you can open a seperate thread. And this is got nothing to do with all the PL teams.

If you dont agree or dont like this thread then you dont need to post or debate here.

Well I know more then you and I dont think I have said this to anyone.

Well if you can judge about me then I am sure I can judge about you too. Yes I can tell how much you support Man U because you getting too personal and upset thats because you know your team is being over taken by Man City.

Well this thread is not about other teams if you want to debate about other teams slide you can open a seperate thread. And this is got nothing to do with all the PL teams.

If you dont agree or dont like this thread then you dont need to post or debate here.

So you wont answer?

The fact that I defend the club I support just shows how much I care. So dont be labelling anybody "Gloryhunters" again.

I am in this forum to debate. And thats exactly what I am doing.

So you wont answer?

The fact that I defend the club I support just shows how much I care. So dont be labelling anybody "Gloryhunters" again.

I am in this forum to debate. And thats exactly what I am doing.

ANSWER WHAT? What the hell is this thread to do with 17 other teams.

Well most Man U fans are "Gloryhunters" i am sure you agree with that. Thats good you not one of them.

Thats good then carry on debating atleast you have the guts to defend your club not like some Man U supporters that been saying they going to bump this thread and this thread should be deleted.

Why? Esteemed footballing writers have been discussing this very topic recently?

Perfectly valid discussion!

And when Man U win the league, you lot can bump this thread.

well i don't think he is asking a question if United are in decline. all he is doing it slinging mud at united and bringing up the fact United lost 2 important games this season City and Basel

my answer to Valid discussion would be, NO, SAF is rebuilding a team which will challenge on all front in the next few years.

the same arguement was brought up in 2006 when United finished last in the 1st round of champions league group stages. What happened next is well a certain Mr. Ronaldo decided to be one of the best players on earth and the rest is history

People who are writing off united have another thing coming, we might not win anything this season, but expect these youngsters to give it their all and be a much stronger team next season.

my answer to Valid discussion would be, NO, SAF is rebuilding a team which will challenge on all front in the next few years.

Is that an excuse and indication of why they aren't challenging for all trophies this season?

Is that an excuse and indication of why they aren't challenging for all trophies this season?

Fergie isnt interested in any emergency surgery, his main trait I respect is his ability to build new teams.

The core ingredients for United are there now, same for City and to some extent Liverpool.

I think its foolish of the OP to write them off when he should know Fergie will go into the market if he needs to, which is more than what can be said for some..

Apparently United have signed Gaitan for 25 million off Benfica.

Yep, we're in major financial strain.

Its not a excuse its clear for all to see United have been knocked out in the carling cup and champions league.

Its not rocket science to see Van Der Sar, G. Neville, Scholes, Oshea, Brown left the club.

people seem to forget how young De Gea, twins, Jones, Smalling, Cleverly, Anderson, Nani, Wellbeck are. These boys including Rooney will be the core of the team for years to come.

We are challenging for the title and should be decent in Europa league.

There arnt any excuses City brought a good team and we are chasing them and for a team who's average age is 22 we are doing a very good job.

Fergie isnt interested in any emergency surgery, his main trait I respect is his ability to build new teams.

The paragraph quoted above, doesn't concern me at all. What concerns me is that a club like Manchester United are not challenging for ALL Trophies this season, according to Sully3.

A club that have spent heck alot during the summer I believe - okay... It's understandable if they don't take CC and FA cup seriously but surley the CL has to be taken seriously - especially when you consider then finishing as runners up last season.

The paragraph quoted above, doesn't concern me at all. What concerns me is that a club like Manchester United are not challenging for ALL Trophies this season, according to Sully3.

A club that have spent heck alot during the summer I believe - okay... It's understandable if they don't take CC and FA cup seriously but surley the CL has to be taken seriously - especially when you consider then finishing as runners up last season.

Sometimes signings come off straight away, sometimes they dont. I think they were put back by injuries and maybe relying too much on guys like Giggs performing.

I as a Liverpool fan find myself making excuses for Utd, WOW. :wahab

we did take the Champions league seriously thats why Park and Giggs nearly started all games. And i would also like to think the huge amount of injuries we had played a part.
Look the same thing happened in 2006, next season we built a team around Ronaldo and 2 seasons after we won the champions league.

League is the most important thing for us right now, come May if we are still a few points off City then its a hell of a achievement considering the average age of our team and considering the money they spent.

Aguero cost them £40 plus alone compared to our 3 players who cost around £50 million

Last edited:
another 5 nil win away at Fulham where City failed to win earlier in the season.

This end of era stuff is really going well for us

Sometimes signings come off straight away, sometimes they dont. I think they were put back by injuries and maybe relying too much on guys like Giggs performing.

I as a Liverpool fan find myself making excuses for Utd, WOW. :wahab

The signings made have delivered straight away, and there's more to come. Although Young has been inconsistent at times and De Gea has had a slow start - this still doesn't mean that a change of transfer policy should also change a policy in aiming for major trophies.

At the end of the day, they have strengthened their side. Why? To challenge for every major trophy.

It's a surprise indeed - but then again, they are lame excuses which doesn't surprise me... Afterall it is a Liverpool fan trying to back Manchester United. :))

The signings made have delivered straight away, and there's more to come. Although Young has been inconsistent at times and De Gea has had a slow start - this still doesn't mean that a change of transfer policy should also change a policy in aiming for major trophies.

At the end of the day, they have strengthened their side. Why? To challenge for every major trophy.

It's a surprise indeed - but then again, they are lame excuses which doesn't surprise me... Afterall it is a Liverpool fan trying to back Manchester United. :))

De Gea hasnt delivered otherwise Lindegaard wouldnt be starting every now and again, I havent mentioned a change in transfer policy as I believe Utd have the best transfer policy in the league.

:)) An Arsenal fan lecturing us about excuses.

At the end of the day, United are in a rebuilding phase. Even with whatever money we paid or how they performed, you can't replace guys like VDS and Scholes overnight. People need to remember, De Gea and Jones are only 20/19! We got eliminated it, it happens. It happened before and back then the overall team just looked dire.

We are still in the FA Cup, its not a guaranteed City win as many like to believe. We are also still in the PL despite probably having one of the highest injury counts in the league.

Pretty much, let me sum it up this way. A bad season for Man United seems to be a Carling Cup win (aka 09/10). A good season for Arsenal is a Carling Cup win (what could have been 10/11). Call it excuses or whatever you want, but a team can't win every year. We are not Real or City and our philosophy has never been to change the whole team overnight. Its always been a process and that is the history ingrained into the club.

De Gea hasnt delivered otherwise Lindegaard wouldnt be starting every now and again, I havent mentioned a change in transfer policy as I believe Utd have the best transfer policy in the league.

:facepalm:

De Gea has never been dropped, Fergie has even said so. He plays Lindegaard in the CC/Low key games as all players, even goalkeepers need game time and both of them are in their early/mid twenties, at a stage where they need playing time.

Starting De Gea every game might give a young goalkeeper problems in the long term and it will halt the potential of Lindegaard very quickly.

:facepalm:

De Gea has never been dropped, Fergie has even said so. He plays Lindegaard in the CC/Low key games as all players, even goalkeepers need game time and both of them are in their early/mid twenties, at a stage where they need playing time.

Starting De Gea every game might give a young goalkeeper problems in the long term and it will halt the potential of Lindegaard very quickly.

LOL, Fergie is hardly going to say he has been dropped

If De Gea had been flawless there is no way Fergie would have dropped him for the league games that he has (I can understand using back up keeper for CC games)

BUT I can understand why Fergie has 'dropped' him, still a young keeper who will be class in time BUT there have been dodgy moments and these 'rests' will protect him from too much scrutiny

Then what exactly are you trying to point out? I don't understand what your trying to tell me here.

First of all, I didn't state anywhere that you mentioned a change in transfer policy - I did.

Just because Manchester United have injected 3-4 new young players in the side - does not mean that Manchester United should also have a change in terms of aiming to reach far in claiming the 'big trophies'.

It's like me saying Arsenal should stop aiming for the Premiership or CL this season just because their young guns are in a developing stage, I'm sorry but that's just a lame excuse.

Theo you are getting confused. No one said we are not aiming. United always aim to win. Aiming and expecting are two different things. Whilst we try our best to win, the fans also understand a dynasty is not built overnight. We don't have the resources of Citeh or Chelsea but we have our own methodology that has won us 12 PL titles.

Then what exactly are you trying to point out? I don't understand what your trying to tell me here.

First of all, I didn't state anywhere that you mentioned a change in transfer policy - I did.

Just because Manchester United have injected 3-4 new young players in the side - does not mean that Manchester United should also have a change in terms of aiming to reach far in claiming the 'big trophies'.

It's like me saying Arsenal should stop aiming for the Premiership or CL this season just because their young guns are in a developing stage, I'm sorry but that's just a lame excuse.

I think youve mistaken what I said. :zoni

LOL, Fergie is hardly going to say he has been dropped

If De Gea had been flawless there is no way Fergie would have dropped him for the league games that he has (I can understand using back up keeper for CC games)

BUT I can understand why Fergie has 'dropped' him, still a young keeper who will be class in time BUT there have been dodgy moments and these 'rests' will protect him from too much scrutiny

Or simply Lindegaard is also a quality keeper who needs game time.

Statistically, De Gea has been the best goalkeeper in the PL this season.

Another top performance. Now joint top of the table. Keep writing him off.

We got hammered by City and the truth of it was that we defended poorly.

Immediately Sir Alex went and played for 1-0 scorelines to gain momentum and discipline in the back line. We do not still have a settled back four due to injuries but we are playing with better concentration. Is this not a sign of a great manager that you get hammered or have a weakness so you work on it immediately and fix it?

Like I said before a team in decline is above Arsenal, Chelsea and king kennys revolutionaries says a lot about these teams.

where is the thread starter.

even most fans from
other clubs would agree this thread is Bonkers

As much as I dislike rubbing it in, this thread is looking pretty poor right about now. :))

LOL at all you. Few big wins against some weak oppostions and you all celebrating like Man U have won the league. I will see if you Man U fans will comment on here when you lot going to lose a game. Yes Man U have turned the corner since the Champions League exit but its still long way to go and they got bigger and harder games coming up then we will see what you Man U fans would be saying.
And how is the thread bonkers and looking poor. Man U got knocked out the champions league, they are 2nd in the league and even Ferguson has said that its Citys to lose and a FA Cup 3rd exit looks coming too against City. Well I know its hard for Man U fans to accept but come end of the season when City win the league then you will find out you have been over taken by your neighbours. Come end of the season and we will see how poor this thread is when Man U will win nothing.

LOL at all you. Few big wins against some weak oppostions and you all celebrating like Man U have won the league. I will see if you Man U fans will comment on here when you lot going to lose a game. Yes Man U have turned the corner since the Champions League exit but its still long way to go and they got bigger and harder games coming up then we will see what you Man U fans would be saying.
And how is the thread bonkers and looking poor. Man U got knocked out the champions league, they are 2nd in the league and even Ferguson has said that its Citys to lose and a FA Cup 3rd exit looks coming too against City. Well I know its hard for Man U fans to accept but come end of the season when City win the league then you will find out you have been over taken by your neighbours. Come end of the season and we will see how poor this thread is when Man U will win nothing.

Funny bit is, it's not just Manchester United fans that are saying this thread is poor.

:yk

Then we will be Arsenal FC. :yk

But you are Arsenal fan.

And what are you going on about, a month ago everyone wrote United off saying City are going to run away with the league, we demolished the 5 points advantage city had and clawed back the goal difference to only 5.

Fergie said its 'citys to title to loose" because thats the mind games he plays, you probably won't know because Arsenal haven't been title challengers for the past few years. And the mind games have worked because City have been poor over the last month

Last edited:
We're in decline equates to joint top of the league with Manchester city.

When we were good we must have been awsome then! :thumbs:

I don't see the relevancy of that

Does that mean I can't comment on Man-U, Man-City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc because they are better than my team?

Exactly, what I been saying for years. :afridi

Honestly speaking, its a little different Geordie. Its the manner he says it in. If you are going to post a thread being all arrogant and pomp, then you best be hoping your team is better. One thing to have a opinion, another to tell it in a boarish manner. Also with Arsenal (once) being a close rivals, it hits closes to home.

Exactly, what I been saying for years. :afridi

Honestly speaking, its a little different Geordie. Its the manner he says it in. If you are going to post a thread being all arrogant and pomp, then you best be hoping your team is better. One thing to have a opinion, another to tell it in a boarish manner. Also with Arsenal (once) being a close rivals, it hits closes to home.

:(:(

I still don't agree, I think people should be free to post what they want regardless of who they support. Obviously what this guy posted was daft and he is getting shown up for it every week

If a Barcelona fan started this thread, I think we would still be entitled to laugh at him because the content was daft even if he supports the best team in the world

:(:(

I still don't agree, I think people should be free to post what they want regardless of who they support. Obviously what this guy posted was daft and he is getting shown up for it every week

If a Barcelona fan started this thread, I think we would still be entitled to laugh at him because the content was daft even if he supports the best team in the world

I think you are misreading it. I don't think he is saying that someone of a lesser team can't post it, its just more so the manner. How can someone post so arrogantly that United are in decline (and be so obnoxious in his replies) when his team just dropped another 2 points at home to lowly opposition? Have a opinion, just don't be so obnoxious with it or otherwise you better hope you have something to brag about.

Before you bump this I will.

We had 13 1st team players out today.

Vidic, Ferdinand, Cleverley, Anderson, Fabio, Rooney, Giggs, Owen, Gibson, Fletcher, Young, Smalling, Evans.

Just to point that out we had three wingers in CM today as Carrick had to be put back into defense.

They can criticise the performance as much as they want because we were awful But to critics Fergie who has won more in his lifetime then most clubs trophy cabinet put together shows how jealous they are.

Vidic, Ferdinand, Cleverley, Anderson, Fabio, Rooney, Giggs, Owen, Gibson, Fletcher, Young, Smalling, Evans.

Just to point that out we had three wingers in CM today as Carrick had to be put back into defense.

I was going to give you credit for bumping it, instead of the opening post bumping it BUT I'd rather not, considering the lame excuse you have bought up.

Key players might have been injured but you still had quality on the pitch, along with players who had valuable experience. Your making it look as if it was a carling cup side. One reason of why Manchester United are regarded as a strong side is because of their strength in depth.

I'm sorry but looking at the line up - there's no excuses I can think of. That side should have eased past struggling Blackburn, conceding 3 goals at HOME is just poor... Just poor.

So funny how man u fans them selves bumped this thread. After winning the last few games easily you lot got a bit too happy. And now making injury excuses when you lose what a shame. You was not moaning last game when man u won easily despite the injuries. And half the players you mentioned are not even your 1st team players. Today shows that man u squad aint that strong as some people make it out to be. You dont see Arsenal fans making excuses who have played all season without their best CM Wilshere and the last few months without any recognised full back.
And I am so sorry to all you man u fans for this thread, I never thought it will get some of you so upset.
But I have a right to express my opinion on what I think. Just wait a month or two when man u slip down the table then you will know what I meant.
And Amir, I can express my opinion about any team even if I support wigan or any bottom side club it dont mean I cant talk about teams ahead of us. You talk as man u are untouchable and no one can say anything bad about them.

LOL, Owen a 1st team player? :))) :)))

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thought team could only have 11 players?

And Amir, I can express my opinion about any team even if I support wigan or any bottom side club it dont mean I cant talk about teams ahead of us. You talk as man u are untouchable and no one can say anything bad about them.

My apologies shak. This is my fault here, I clearly have overestimated your comprehension skills.

Still, disagree with the OP.

Let's just wait until the end result. Pointless really, bumping it when we win and bumping it when we lose.

Anyway, today was pathetic.

What injury does Rooney have?

Apparently just a few little niggles.

Obviously Fergie realised the games coming up (Newcastle, City) being important for Rooney to be part of so not playing today was more cautious than necessary.

Losing to Blackburn at OT wasn't exactly in the script, with or without Rooney.

Apparently just a few little niggles.

Obviously Fergie realised the games coming up (Newcastle, City) being important for Rooney to be part of so not playing today was more cautious than necessary.

Losing to Blackburn at OT wasn't exactly in the script, with or without Rooney.

Damn, was hoping he would miss the game on Wednesday

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

^

Nah, he'll be ready for the game against Newcastle.

Especially, considering our result against Blackburn.

You can never write fergie off................ I would not be surprised if they come back and win the league (I hope they dont)

I was going to give you credit for bumping it, instead of the opening post bumping it BUT I'd rather not, considering the lame excuse you have bought up.

Key players might have been injured but you still had quality on the pitch, along with players who had valuable experience. Your making it look as if it was a carling cup side. One reason of why Manchester United are regarded as a strong side is because of their strength in depth.

I'm sorry but looking at the line up - there's no excuses I can think of. That side should have eased past struggling Blackburn, conceding 3 goals at HOME is just poor... Just poor.
Quality?! Did you see our midfield and back four?

Berbatov, Welbeck and Hernandez up front, thats good.

Nani, Park and Rafael in CM IS NOT FINE, given two of them are wingers and one is a full back.

Carrick, Evra, Jones and Valencia is ALSO NOT A FINE DEFENSIVE LINE, given that one is a CM, one is a winger.

Not having a recognised central midfielder playing in central midfield (Carrick was at centre back) means you are likely to concede no matter how strong your defence is (Uniteds was weak because of several injuries) because of ball retention and the lack of positional awareness.

If this was Football Manager or FIFA then fair enough that Utd team would do well but playing against a team fighting for every 50-50 ball in the middle of the park without a recognised central midfielder is going to be hard meaning you cant keep hold of posession and will inevitably be broken down.

If it was a top team Utd would have conceded more than the 3 they did, there was only one reason they lost and that was because of injuries, which by the way is a more than valid excuse.

I really don't get it so if United to loose to Blackburn then 'its end of era' but when CIty loose to a second string Sunderland team it means nothing?

The fact of the matter is this isin the EPL and any team can beat any team.

Im not making excuses but United to do have alot of players out injured and the bench strength is being tested to the maximum. Park and Refeal playing CM is not an in dial situation.

But yes we were poor yesterday and need to turn up the heat next match. But if we do drop points then again i will look at the players injured. I don't think City, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea could be joint top in the league having had 13 1st team regulars out.

I really don't get it so if United to loose to Blackburn then 'its end of era' but when CIty loose to a second string Sunderland team it means nothing?

The fact of the matter is this isin the EPL and any team can beat any team.

Im not making excuses but United to do have alot of players out injured and the bench strength is being tested to the maximum. Park and Refeal playing CM is not an in dial situation.

But yes we were poor yesterday and need to turn up the heat next match. But if we do drop points then again i will look at the players injured. I don't think City, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea could be joint top in the league having had 13 1st team regulars out.

You not making excuses but then you mention 13 1st team regulars out lol. Well not all 13 players are 1st team regulars so stop these excuses that all of the 13 are 1st team players. And its not as you had these injuries all season they just start happening in the past month. Look at Arsenal how many injuries they have had you do not see Arsenal supporters making excuses when they lose or draw. If you had these injuries in the early part of the season you be Mid table now. And only team that could cpe with injuries are Man City because they have the biggest squad and all with quality players. Yes Man City lost aswell but its about time they lost they should have won that game anyway but it was one of those days for them were Sunderland defended out of their socks and scored with the last kick of the game.
Please get over this 13 first team players, Players like Owen, Gibson, Fabio are more like your reserve players and half of the rest are mostly on the bench anyway. So funny how you lot are trying to hide Man Us demise lol. I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that without Vidic, Man Us defence is ordinary and they are in for a big struggle this season. In a month or 2 they will be falling down the table. The reason they 2nd because of the great start they had but now is the real test for them, lets see how strong their squad is. I still think if Man U can pull of 3 big signings they can turn it around but dont see Ferguson spending money this transfer window.

3 big signings?

We need 1...thats a CM, and thats sorted.

Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda, Berbatov: More than enough.

Wingers: Nani, Valencia, Young, Park, Giggs. More than enough

Full backs: Smalling, Fabio, Rafael, Evra, more than enough.

CB: Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Smalling, Jones.

GK: De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos.

CM: Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley.

We just need a box to box midfielder like M'vila or martinez and we would be sorted.

And next time, for the LOVE OF CHRIST, type and spell properley!

You not making excuses but then you mention 13 1st team regulars out lol. Well not all 13 players are 1st team regulars so stop these excuses that all of the 13 are 1st team players. And its not as you had these injuries all season they just start happening in the past month. Look at Arsenal how many injuries they have had you do not see Arsenal supporters making excuses when they lose or draw. If you had these injuries in the early part of the season you be Mid table now. And only team that could cpe with injuries are Man City because they have the biggest squad and all with quality players. Yes Man City lost aswell but its about time they lost they should have won that game anyway but it was one of those days for them were Sunderland defended out of their socks and scored with the last kick of the game.
Please get over this 13 first team players, Players like Owen, Gibson, Fabio are more like your reserve players and half of the rest are mostly on the bench anyway. So funny how you lot are trying to hide Man Us demise lol. I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that without Vidic, Man Us defence is ordinary and they are in for a big struggle this season. In a month or 2 they will be falling down the table. The reason they 2nd because of the great start they had but now is the real test for them, lets see how strong their squad is. I still think if Man U can pull of 3 big signings they can turn it around but dont see Ferguson spending money this transfer window.

Defenders:
Vidic, Ferdinand, Evans, Smalling
Midfield:
Flecther, Cleverly, Young
are all 1st team regulars, i would like to see any other club in the league cope with having 8 1st team regulars out.

Fabio, Owen, Refeal are the only squad players which are missing

I don't know how old you are but just to let you know United have the best record in the league since December so no we arnt second because of the great start we had. Stupid Arsenal fan

Last edited:
Last time a fellow Manchester United bumped the thread - guess he's not in a good state to bump the thread considering Manchester United have lost two games in a row. :p

So might as well do the favour and bump this thread.

I'm not sure if it's the end of SAF and Manchester United BUT certainly the end for Ferdinand. Not the defender he was 2-3 years ago.

depressing 2 games and City on Sunday dosn't help.

Vidic is missed hugely but that's football. time the younger players are given some premier league experience now, Park, Giggs, Rio, Anderson don't quiet cut it for me.

What a shame that man u fans not on this thread now after that Newcastle defeat because they can not make injury excuses now. I did not watch the game but was Carrick playing centre back and was Rafael playing CM again lol.
Ferdinand has lost it and Ferguson needs another centre back because without Vidic Man Us defence is average.

What a shame that man u fans not on this thread now after that Newcastle defeat because they can not make injury excuses now. I did not watch the game but was Carrick playing centre back and was Rafael playing CM again lol.
Ferdinand has lost it and Ferguson needs another centre back because without Vidic Man Us defence is average.

You say we can't make injury excuses and then talk about how Rafael is playing CM.

:))

Anyway, I agree our defence is not up to par. A lot of things are not up to par at the moment due to injuries and some quite poor play.

Having said all of that, we are still only 3 points back. :)

You say we can't make injury excuses and then talk about how Rafael is playing CM.

:))

Anyway, I agree our defence is not up to par. A lot of things are not up to par at the moment due to injuries and some quite poor play.

Having said all of that, we are still only 3 points back. :)

The reason I mentioned Rafael playing CM and Carrick playing CB because alot of Man U fans were making excuses that these 2 played out of positions thats why they lost to Blackburn. But against Newcastle no one played out of position. Carrick was in the CM and Valencia playing ahead of Rafael at RB shows Ferguson has lost his faith in him. Ferguson still dont know who his number 1 keeper is. Bad times for Man U two defeats in a row now.
Going to be a big game against City over the weekend.

Back