The next Chairman of the ICC - Jay Shah? [Reappointed as ACC President for one year]

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So seems an Indian domination on ICC on its way again.

For the record:

o0bb3ry.png

Several other important issues will also be discussed at the meetings of the ACC in Bali, in which all member boards are participating. Pakistan's representation is being handled by acting Chairman PCB Shah Khawar and COO Salman Naseer.

The most important issue is the sale of broadcasting rights. This body's top event is the Asia Cup, which is most important due to Pakistan-India matches. Broadcasters will benefit greatly from this, as broadcasting sports has changed in India, so predicting the outcomes is not easy.

Yesterday, all top broadcasters were invited to dinner by the ACC. Viacom 18 is also rapidly expanding in sports broadcasting. It will be a major contender for the purchase of the rights of the Asia Cup. The ACC also has to decide the host of the next Asia Cup, which will be played in 2025.

The ICC T20 World Cup 2026 will be held in India and Sri Lanka. For the preparation of this, the Asia Cup will be played in the format of 20 overs this time. There are also many contenders to host this tournament. Among them, UAE and Oman are also included. However, under the ACC membership agreement, only full members can host this tournament. Although in the past, Asia Cup has been held twice in the UAE, at that time the actual hosts were India and Sri Lanka.

The last event was played in Pakistan and Sri Lanka under the hybrid model.

[Media Report]

Why dont ICC renames itself after BCCI? Because in last few years it has acted as a pawn of BCCI.

Would be hilarious to see an uneducated level chairman of ICC. At least the former indian ICC chairmans were educated and classy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be hilarious to see an uneducated level chairman of ICC. At least the former indian ICC chairmans were educated and classy.

uneducated? Really?

ACC AGM HELD IN BALI ON 31 JANUARY 2024

The ACC AGM was held in Bali, Indonesia on 31st January 2024 and saw attendance from member nations across the Asian region. The national cricketing boards of member countries convened to deliberate and approve of various financial and operational decisions of the organization.

ACC reappoints Jay Shah as President for another year

Mr. Jay Shah’s term as the president of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC), was on Wednesday, unanimously extended by one year at its Annual General Meeting. Mr Jay Shah's extension was proposed by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) president Mr Shammi Silva for the second year in a row. Mr Shah had taken over the reins of the ACC in January 2021 from Mr Nazmul Hassan, President, Bangladesh Cricket Board making him the youngest administrator to be re-appointed as the ACC President.

Under Mr Shah's visionary leadership, the ACC has achieved significant progress in promoting and developing cricket across the Asian region. Notably, the ACC successfully organized the Asia Cup in T20 format in 2022 and in ODI format in 2023, showcasing Asia's capability in hosting premier cricket events. In addition to hosting flagship events, Mr. Shah's tenure has seen the ACC actively promoting cricket in various regions, including across emerging cricketing nations, across the continent.

Sri Lanka Cricket, President, Mr Shammi Silva, said: "Under Mr. Shah's guidance, the ACC has been instrumental in unearthing and promoting new talent in cricketing powerhouses like Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Also encouraging is the fact that, Jay has a proven record of boosting finances through commercial and broadcast deals and channelizing the finances to the grassroots level, uplifting the associate members”

Mr. Pankaj Khimji, Chairman of Oman Cricket and Vice President of the ACC, extended his congratulations and stated “I’ve worked closely with Mr. Jay Shah for a considerable time and know first-hand of his passion and enthusiasm towards cricket administration. He is a young and dynamic leader with a clear vision and roadmap. Today, thanks to him, stakeholders see immense value in investing in tournaments that the ACC conducts”.

Mr. Nazmul Hassan, President of the Bangladesh Cricket Board and an Executive Board Member of the ACC, welcomed the reappointment of Mr. Shah: “I offer my best wishes Mr. Jay Shah and am grateful to all the members of the ACC for unanimously voting to extend his term. Mr. Shah deserves appreciation for elevating the Asia Cup to the level it truly deserves. I am fully confident that cricket in Asia will continue to prosper under his dynamism”.

Mr. Mirwais Ashraf, Chairman of Afghanistan Cricket Board and Executive Board Member of the ACC said, “I congratulate Mr Jay Shah on his reappointment as the ACC President for another year. He is one of the few leaders who has succeeded on providing more exposure to the cricketers from the region and we see that across formats. The broadcast, commercial and sponsorship deals from the last two years of his tenure are evidence of his financial prowess.” said Mr Ashraf.

Expressing his gratitude, Mr. Jay Shah said, "I am grateful to the ACC Board for their continued trust. We must remain committed to ensuring the all-round development of the sport with a special focus on regions where it is still in its infancy. The ACC is committed to nurturing cricket across Asia."

New ACC Members

ACC is also thrilled to extend a warm welcome to the Japan Cricket Association (Japan) and Persutan Cricket Indonesia (Indonesia), both of whom have joined as Members at the AGM held today, after progressing through a multi-stage evaluation process. In addition to this, the Tajikistan Cricket Federation (Tajikistan) is also set to become part of the ACC family. To clarify, membership to Tajikistan has been granted at the AGM on a provisional basis, pending a successful site visit conducted by ACC officials, after which their Membership would then be accepted as permanent.

ACC’s new memberships demonstrate the organization’s commitment to expanding its horizons across the continent in diverse territories. We are hopeful that our new members will benefit from this affiliation, which will eventually contribute to growth and development of the sport across the region.

SOURCE: https://asiancricket.org/news/2023/16881

If PCB loves to bend down on knees, we cant blame Jay Shah for it.

I think the bigger issues is our chairmans. When we finally get a good chairman that knows how to deal with such people that we can bash people like Jay Shah.

If PCB loves to bend down on knees, we cant blame Jay Shah for it.

I think the bigger issues is our chairmans. When we finally get a good chairman that knows how to deal with such people that we can bash people like Jay Shah.
Agreed!

Jay Shah is doing what he is getting paid for but here our chairmen couldn't even hold onto what he says.

The person who can't even say congratulations is nominated to become the Chairman of ICC? I'm not understanding what background he has. On what basis is he getting such a high level post? Who is this Jay Shah?

The person who can't even say congratulations is nominated to become the Chairman of ICC? I'm not understanding what background he has. On what basis is he getting such a high level post? Who is this Jay Shah?
What/how is his performance as BCCI official? Has he done a good job? How far ahead has he take BCCI? If all these are good, then no issues. He should be able to turn around ICC.

If he has done a poor job, the he is obviously unfit. But, what are the other boards doing? Napping? No opposition? If that is the case, then everyone deserves this.

ICC Chairman is voted not nominated.

Jay Shah is secretary of BCCI.

He will become ICC Chairman if he gets majority of votes. That's the basis.

BCCI secretary Jay Shah minced no words in making it clear that the centrally contracted Indian cricketers will have to play domestic red-ball cricketer whenever they are available or asked to do so by the selection committee or the team management headed by the captain and head coach.

Ishan Kishan's continued absence from domestic cricket despite being clearly directed by head coach Rahul Dravid to play domestic cricket or cricket of any form if he wants to make a comeback to the Indian side has been one of the major talking points for quite some time now. Kishan asked for some time off midway through the South Africa tour and since then he hasn't played any competitive cricket even though he has been training regularly with Hardik and Krunal Pandya in Vadodara.

With India struggling to find a solid keeper-batter in the home series against England, this would have been the ideal opportunity for Kishan to raise his hand and show the selectors that he is much more than a white-ball cricketer. Still, the left-hander mysteriously has not made himself available for Jharkhand in the Ranji Trophy.

Interacting with the media on the sidelines of the renaming of the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium ahead of the India vs England 3rd Test in Rajkot, Shah said the chairman of selectors will be given a free hand to take a call on his own if a player refuses to follow instructions given by the team management.

"They have been informed on phone already and I'm going to write letters as well that if your chairman of selectors, your coach and your captain are asking for it then you will have to play red-ball cricket," Shah told the media.

The BCCI secretary didn't name any player but his indications were clear.

Kishan is not the top Indian cricket absent from the Ranji Trophy despite being fit. Premier all-rounder Hardik Pandya, who hasn't played any cricket since the ankle injury ruled him out of the ODI World Cup last year, has been training at full tilt for a few weeks.

Shah, however, said that it was to happen per the guidance from the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore.

“Whatever advice we get from the NCA — say suppose somebody’s body is not able to handle both white-ball and red-ball cricket — so we do not want to impose anything in that regard. (It applies to) whoever is fit and young — we are not going to tolerate any other tantrums. This message is for all centrally contracted players,” Shah said.

“Everyone will have to play, otherwise, the chairman of the selection committee has given me his suggestions and I am going to give him a free hand to let him take his own calls freely,” he added.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...i-wont-tolerate-tantrums-101707979976861.html

Back