The third Test between New Zealand and South Africa ends in a draw, South Africa win series 1-0

Looks like poor AUS batting (before changes) and exemplary bowling helped SA win that series down under.

Not able to win against NZ is poor stuff from SA being a non subcontinental team. ENG will run riot at home against this line up, except QDK and Elgar no one is consistent :facepalm:

Bowling is still potent.

Difficult to see South Africa saving this game. Credit to NZ for getting into this position

If it rains a full session, SA will draw the game.

Will be a travesty if it happens, though.

NZ fully deserve this win and I'll go as far as to say that NZ could have won this series 2-1 if not for the rain.

Seems like the rain is going to rob NZ of a victory. Have to feel for them.

Well, there goes a rare victory against the SA's.

Congrats to SA on winning the series.

Disappoting end to a good summer for NZ. They certainly deserved to win this test.

Unfortunately the weather prevented them from victory

Congrats SA. Wanted NZ to win the test but I guess Maharaj was too hot to handle in the second test :mc

Fair result in the end; wouldn't have been right for NZ to draw a series we've dominated. Rain also denied us victory in the first test; it's evened out this time which isn't usually the case. We've been on the wrong side of the elements once too many times.
Our top order have been of colour though, seeing what Qdk has done down the order it amazes me to think what he can do with AB down there.

But well done to NZ for pushing SA all the way. It was far from easy.

Last edited:

NZ fully deserve this win and I'll go as far as to say that NZ could have won this series 2-1 if not for the rain.

lol, which series were you watching?

NZ had a lucky escape in the first test.

Fair result in the end; wouldn't have been right for NZ to draw a series we've dominated. Rain also denied us victory in the first test; it's evened out this time which isn't usually the case. We've been on the wrong side of the elements once too many times.
Our top order have been of colour though, seeing what Qdk has done down the order it amazes me to think what he can do with AB down there.

But well done to NZ for pushing SA all the way. It was far from easy.
Did you watch the match?

SA only managed to get to 220/6 (190/6) because of several dropped catches and silly reviews on our behalf.

What [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION] said.

Yes a 4th innings chase of 250-ish would've been tough but NZ bat deep and I feel they would've pulled it off.

Did you watch the match?

SA only managed to get to 220/6 (190/6) because of several dropped catches and silly reviews on our behalf.

Yeah I did, NZ were not gonna chase anything on a day 5 wicket against Maharaj especially.
Forcing the issue would have led to dismissals.
SA were clearly in a dominant position, anything stated to the contrary would be delusional.
We saw how NZ crumbled against spin in the second Tests anyhow.

Yeah I did, NZ were not gonna chase anything on a day 5 wicket against Maharaj especially.
Forcing the issue would have led to dismissals.
<b>SA were clearly in a dominant position, anything stated to the contrary would be delusional. </b>
We saw how NZ crumbled against spin in the second Tests anyhow.

You really make up stuff all the time. This was the score: South Africa 308 and 224/6 (102 ov); New Zealand 341

NZ had a first innings lead and SA wasn't expected to cross 300 in their second innings. And you say SA was in a dominant position???

You really make up stuff all the time. This was the score: South Africa 308 and 224/6 (102 ov); New Zealand 341

NZ had a first innings lead and SA wasn't expected to cross 300 in their second innings. And you say SA was in a dominant position???

NZ were batting last on a crumbling pitch. SA could barely score at 2 an over. 190 on that surface was more than enough, 220 would have been impossible. NZ wouldn't have lasted 50 overs.
That wasn't a normal southern hemisphere surface, it was subcontinental.

Last edited:
Rain in this series made up for injustice of WC semifinal..

What [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION] said.

Yes a 4th innings chase of 250-ish would've been tough but NZ bat deep and I feel they would've pulled it off.
Think we would have gotten to 280-290 with 7 or 8 down. Only need one batsmen to get close to 100 and one or two others to get 50.

If QdK was there, I would have said SA were favorites, but with Faf and Philander, I think we would have knocked them over for ~250 or under with plenty of time to chase it.

Last edited:
Back