The threat to Pakistan's cricket from USA and Canada?

The more I see this World Cup, the more I think we just selected the wrong team.

A Shan Masood or Abdullah Shafique would have been mighty useful here.

They selected for WI. They needed tuk tukers for USA pitches. Shafique, Shakeel, Shan.

I think going to play for USA or Canada would be the worst thing for any of these players given that their childish behaviour is unlikely to be tolerated by any cricket board other than PCB. Better for them to stick with PCB and bipolar Pak fans.

Having said that, Azam Khan might be able to play for Bermuda - remember a gentleman with a similar physique fielding at first slip for them, once upon a time...:p

I think going to play for USA or Canada would be the worst thing for any of these players given that their childish behaviour is unlikely to be tolerated by any cricket board other than PCB. Better for them to stick with PCB and bipolar Pak fans.

Having said that, Azam Khan might be able to play for Bermuda - remember a gentleman with a similar physique fielding at first slip for them, once upon a time...:p
You have not read about corruption and how often US cricket has been banned by ICC.

and are you forgetting good old Inzmam. Pakistan has set the bench mark, you dont need to troll poor Bermuda for it!

PCB is what causes this childish circus to begin with.

USA doesn't tolerate it. US has easier standards to get selected and is free from nepotism, aka merit based selections only, However they booted sami aslam for his honeymoon nonsense.

Lastly biggest issue is since usa is part time mostly, They gotta find extra work. Indian players in usa are rich and educated and managers at massive corporations like Oracle.

Last edited by a moderator:
PCB is what causes this childish circus to begin with.

USA doesn't tolerate it. US has easier standards to get selected and is free from nepotism, aka merit based selections only, However they booted sami aslam for his honeymoon nonsense.

Lastly biggest issue is since usa is part time mostly, They gotta find extra work. Indian players in usa are rich and educated and managers at massive corporations like Oracle.

Pakistani boys like Sami are working at a Gas station lol.

Netravalkar is probably an outlier when it comes to education. Monank patel was an entrepreneur, he was running a restaurant, but none of the stories indicate how it was going. It's tough to run restaurants, 7 days a week job.
I doubt every Indian here is educated, we've had some massive IT breakdowns in recent years and you have a ton of IT people coming from India. I used to do taxes for that population and there are many who are well educated and others who...could use some work and don't know what they're doing-the Indian education system isn't as great as people think it is.

If anything good comes of this, I think it will be that we will have more fulltime cricketers now. I'm fairly sure the IPL is watching now, and I have to believe some of our guys will be getting significant contracts from them. Steven Taylor and Ali Khan were also playing in the CPL previously.

The biggest concern I have is that we don't have much depth. Netravalkar, Singh, and Khan are basically our bowling attack. Kenjige has some potential but van Schalkwyk isn't capable of bowling at this level. I think we were missing some of our better bowling options.
Batting wise we don't really have much of a replacement for Monank Patel. Once he left we were dependent on the top 3 firing or getting some surprise contributions down the order (i.e. what Singh did vs. SA).

I think we'll be getting a lot more live matches this winter. Hopefully Oracle and other big companies realize they've got something big and they redesign roles for Netravalkar and other talented players.

Netravalkar is probably an outlier when it comes to education. Monank patel was an entrepreneur, he was running a restaurant, but none of the stories indicate how it was going. It's tough to run restaurants, 7 days a week job.
I doubt every Indian here is educated, we've had some massive IT breakdowns in recent years and you have a ton of IT people coming from India. I used to do taxes for that population and there are many who are well educated and others who...could use some work and don't know what they're doing-the Indian education system isn't as great as people think it is.

If anything good comes of this, I think it will be that we will have more fulltime cricketers now. I'm fairly sure the IPL is watching now, and I have to believe some of our guys will be getting significant contracts from them. Steven Taylor and Ali Khan were also playing in the CPL previously.

The biggest concern I have is that we don't have much depth. Netravalkar, Singh, and Khan are basically our bowling attack. Kenjige has some potential but van Schalkwyk isn't capable of bowling at this level. I think we were missing some of our better bowling options.
Batting wise we don't really have much of a replacement for Monank Patel. Once he left we were dependent on the top 3 firing or getting some surprise contributions down the order (i.e. what Singh did vs. SA).

I think we'll be getting a lot more live matches this winter. Hopefully Oracle and other big companies realize they've got something big and they redesign roles for Netravalkar and other talented players.
That's fair but oracle wouldn't do that for cricketers. Why would people like Larry Ellison care about cricket and employee relations?

That's fair but oracle wouldn't do that for cricketers. Why would people like Larry Ellison care about cricket and employee relations?
I'll point out that Oracle publically posted words of support for Netravalkar and USA cricket on X/Twitter.

If you have a lot of workers from the subcontinent, and you want to keep a quality workforce, you acknowledge your employees and significant accomplishments outside the country, especially in a sport like cricket. It's highly likely that what netravalkar is doing is being talked about and it won't be forgotten. Big employers like Oracle do everything they can to make people enjoy where they work.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should be banned until they can produce a team of homegrown players. Add UAE and Hong Kong to that too.

It's a travesty to the sport that teams like Ireland,Scotland and Netherlands who field native players do not get to participate in the super 8s. USA and Canada should not be in the tournament in their current state.
How about England ? At one point they had KP, Trott, Dernbach, Kieswetter, Bopara, Ali etc all from different countries

I'll point out that Oracle publically posted words of support for Netravalkar and USA cricket on X/Twitter.

If you have a lot of workers from the subcontinent, and you want to keep a quality workforce, you acknowledge your employees and significant accomplishments outside the country, especially in a sport like cricket. It's highly likely that what netravalkar is doing is being talked about and it won't be forgotten. Big employers like Oracle do everything they can to make people enjoy where they work.
Well true but it'll depend on upper management at the end of the day and their all Americans.

Anyway we'll see, It's up to them.

You have not read about corruption and how often US cricket has been banned by ICC.

and are you forgetting good old Inzmam. Pakistan has set the bench mark, you dont need to troll poor Bermuda for it!

Inzimam at least had the performances for it and early on in his career he wasn't that unfit by 90s standards anyway. Should've done better at the end of his career for sure though.

Regardless, Azam is a whole other benchmark, makes Inzimam look like an Abercrombie model.

I want USA and Canada to do good in cricket but not by imported players. If the south Asians playing in these two team's are born and broad up there I don't see any issue

Back