There are more Indian migrants living in Pakistan than the United States

troodon

ODI Debutant
Runs
While many Indian migrants move to far-flung, wealthy countries like the US, Canada, and the UK, a large number of them ends up right next door in Pakistan. According to a new study by Pew Research, in 2015, Pakistan was home to the second-largest number of Indian migrants after the United Arab Emirates.

In the past 25 years, the number of international Indian migrants has more than doubled, growing nearly twice as fast as the world’s total migrant population. In 2015, 15.6 million people born in India were living in another country; that means one in every 20 migrants globally was born in India.

The “Day Without a Woman” strike is going to be mostly a day without privileged women

In a 2010 study, Pew Research found that India’s religious minorities were migrating at a much higher rate than Hindus, who made up 80% of the country’s population. About 19% of the migrants from India are Christian, though they form only 3% of the country’s population. Also, Muslims made up 27% of the Indian migrant population living abroad, compared with roughly 14% of the population in India.

By far the largest numbers of Indian migrants—about 3.5 million— live in the United Arab Emirates. Pakistan is the second-most common destination with two million, while 1.97 million Indian migrants now live in the US.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/more-indian-migrants-living-pakistan-034622936.html

This made my jaw drop. How the heck did 2 million Indians end up in Pakistan? Is this for real? Are they counting Muhajirs as Indians? :sarf :shafiq :srt

Muhajirs are not Indians, they are Pakistani.

Reason for move to Pakistan:

- marriage?
- joining relatives?
- famously large pakistani hearts?
- closest Muslim country with similar cultural traditions and language?

Lagta hum jaisay Urdu-speakers ko bhi Indian buna diya hai....

Mein kahin se Indian lagta hoon kya? LMAO

- marriage?
- joining relatives?

I was told about an actor in Pakistani dramas that he is actually Indian who moved to Pakistan; this actor is in current ARY drama "khuda mera bhi hai" performing as the teacher of the transgender hero

This made my jaw drop. How the heck did 2 million Indians end up in Pakistan? Is this for real? Are they counting Muhajirs as Indians? :sarf :shafiq :srt

- marriage?
- joining relatives?

Lagta hum jaisay Urdu-speakers ko bhi Indian buna diya hai....

Mein kahin se Indian lagta hoon kya? LMAO

Arey bhaiyon kuch apni bhi research kiya karo

Basically the report counts Kashmiris living in Pakistan (from AJK) as Indians....

Though ofcourse there are migrants in the traditional sense as well. Many have moved due to marriage etc. and apparently till 60s it wasnt a big deal to move to Pakistan from India from work. Some didnt go back

Last edited by a moderator:

Basically the report counts Kashmiris living in Pakistan (from AJK) as Indians....

Though ofcourse there are migrants in the traditional sense as well. Many have moved due to marriage etc. and apparently till 60s it wasnt a big deal to move to Pakistan from India from work. Some didnt go back

My Uncle did work in Karachi in the1970's before shifting to Dubai permanently. I think he went there by ship from Kerala...

Our family was really well off back then. Highly unlikely to be illegal i guess..

Never heard of "gafoor ka dosth" type stories from him.:D

That's not the case. The word "migrant" is a clue.

That's not the case. The word "migrant" is a clue.
I think they are counting people born pre-partition. "people born in India" (in the second paragraph) is the clue.

There are still many Pakistanis over the age of 70 who were born in India and left during the partition. Similar case for Indians born in the area what is now Pakistan and who migrated to India during the partition.

Otherwise, other than through marriage, immigration between the two countries is next to none.

Are these the indians sent by some sena groups to Pakistan for not agreeing with their opinions?

I was told about an actor in Pakistani dramas that he is actually Indian who moved to Pakistan; this actor is in current ARY drama "khuda mera bhi hai" performing as the teacher of the transgender hero

his mom was indian, his dad was pakistani , he was born in karachi , raised in india and got education in britain , has british passport. his wife is pakistani. he worked in theaters/movies in india and for british tv/movies , now working in pakistani dramas and some movies.

I know many ladies after marriage move to Pak. Kashmir also plays a factor.

Back