Tim Paine resigns as Australia’s Test cricket captain over ‘private’ text messages sent to colleague

Sachin136

First Class Captain
Runs
Statement from the Board of Cricket AustraliaTim Paine has advised the Board of Cricket Australia of his decision to stand down as captain of the Australian men’s Test team, effective immediately.

The Board has accepted Paine’s resignation and will now accelerate the process of identifying and appointing a new Test captain.

CA Chair Richard Freudenstein said: “Tim felt it was in the best interests of his family and Australian cricket to take this decision to step down as captain.

“The Board has accepted Tim’s resignation and will now work through a process with the National Selection Panel of identifying and appointing a new captain.

“While the Board acknowledges an investigation cleared Tim of any breach of the code of conduct regarding this matter some years ago, we respect his decision.

“CA does not condone this type of language or behaviour.

“Despite the mistake he made, Tim has been an exceptional leader since his appointment and the Board thanks him for his distinguished service.

==

Tim Paine has stood down as Australia captain after being investigated by Cricket Australia over sending a co-worker an explicit image of himself along with a string of lewd messages.

The 36-year-old was promoted to captain following the ball tampering scandal in South Africa in 2018 but has resigned in shame following the latest scandal to rock Australian cricket.

In a statement just released, Paine has told Cricket Australia that he will quit as captain, effective immediately.

Cricket Australia chairman Richard Freudenstein said: “Tim felt it was in the best interests of his family and Australian cricket to take this decision to step down as captain.

“The Board has accepted Tim’s resignation and will now work through a process with the National Selection Panel of identifying and appointing a new captain.”

Paine broke down in tears as he faced the media and confirmed how he was embroiled in the text exchange and that he would be stepping down as captain of the team.

He did however say he would still remain a part of the team.

“Today I am announcing my decision to stand down as captain of the Australian men’s cricket team. It’s a difficult decision, but the right one for me, my family and cricket.

“Nearly four years ago, I was involved in a text exchange with a then-colleague.

“At the time, the exchange was the subject of a thorough CA Integrity Unit investigation, throughout which I fully participated in and openly participated in. That investigation and a Cricket Tasmania HR investigation at the same time found that there had been no breach of the Cricket Australia Code of Conduct.

“Although exonerated, I deeply regretted this incident at the time, and still do today. I spoke to my wife and family at the time and am enormously grateful for their forgiveness and support. We thought this incident was behind us and that I could focus entirely on the team, as I have done for the last three or four years.

“However, I recently became aware that this private text exchange was going to become public. On reflection, my actions in 2017 do not meet the standard of an Australian cricket captain, or the wider community. I’m deeply sorry for the hurt and pain that I have caused to my wife, my family, and to the other party.

“I’m sorry for the damage that this does to the reputation of our sport. And I believe that it is the right decision for me to stand down as captain, effective immediately. I do not want this to become an unwelcome disruption to the team ahead of what is a huge Ashes Series. I have loved my role as captain of the Australian cricket team. It’s been the greatest privilege of my sporting life to lead the Australian men’s test team.

“I’m grateful for the support of my teammates and proud of what we’ve been able to achieve together. To them, I ask for their understanding and forgiveness. To Australian cricket fans - deeply sorry that my past behaviour has impacted our game on the eve of the Ashes. For the disappointment I have caused to fans and the entire cricket community, I apologise. I’ve been blessed with a wonderful, loving and supportive family, and it breaks my heart to know how much I’ve let them down. They have always stood by me, been my most loyal fans, and I’m indebted to them for their support.

“I will remain a committed member of the Australian cricket team, and look forward with anticipation to what is a huge Ashes tour. Thank you.”

According to the Herald Sun, the messages date back to the eve and the morning of the first Ashes Test at the Gabba in 2017.

They report that while some of the messages were too explicit to publish, the exchange included Paine suggesting to the woman: “Will you want to taste my *** ?? F*** me, I’m seriously hard.”

The messages also included what was described in the texts as a “dick pic”.

In a correspondence with Australia Cricket authorities in June 2018, the woman claimed she was offended by “Mr Paine’s sexually explicit, unwelcome and unsolicited photograph of his genitals in addition to the graphic sexual comments”.

Cricket Australia reportedly became aware of the messages as long ago as March 2018 after letter of complaint were sent to Cricket Australia and to Cricket Tasmania - the latter of which she worked at before resigning in 2017.

In a statement, Cricket Tasmania said: “As soon as Cricket Tasmania was made aware, it undertook an investigation that determined the interaction was consensual, private, occurred on the one occasion only, was between mature adults and was not repeated,” he said.

“Cricket Tasmania clearly does not condone this type of behaviour and addressed the matter directly with Tim Paine.

“However, because of the consensual nature of the actions it was determined that no further action was required or appropriate.”

It is also reported that complaints were made to the Australian Human Rights Commission regarding alleged sexual harassment in relation to the exchange.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...s/news-story/f0f04ffd8664c276552f36217f98ab3d

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah. Unexpected

Wonder who comes in next.

The internet is an unforgiving place but he was was riding his luck for way too long an absolutely horrendous player and captain finally he’s gone this was the only way he’d go.

Wow!! what was he thinking. Always came across as a family man with his kids and all.
And what about his stance for Afghanistan women cricket etc.
How can he think it was okay to send lewd pictures on phone?

Tim Paine's statement:

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 100.000%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/k3igut" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

20211119_095439.jpg

So the suits in CA knew about this since 2017. All that culture review and Amazon documentary was just ** to keep money. Man CA/ECB is really run by some buffoons of highest order.

No wonder BCCI is able to pull its power everywhere, much to chagrin of Pakistanis.

Wowie, that's totally out of the blue.

This is going to make for some hilarious banter I'm sure when Tim Paine comes out to bat (if he's in the XI that is):asif

Acts as a Warrior for women rights in Afghanistan but also sends dirty pics to coworkers. What a great Gentleman this guy is.

Typical virtue signalling liberal.

Khawaja was the natural captain in line after Smith/Warner saga.
However, they probably couldn’t stand the thought of a person of color leading all those white Aussies.
Plus, putting Khawaja on the helm would also mean, his spot was permanent.

Anyway, good to see this babyface hypocrite is out. Perhaps the worst and the most incompetent Aussie captain in the last 5 decades.

Possibly Cummins or wholesale change, bring in Carey and make him captain!

However, they probably couldn’t stand the thought of a person of color leading all those white Aussies.

Anyway, good to see this babyface hypocrite is out. Perhaps the worst and the most incompetent Aussie captain in the last 5 decades.

Khawaja has led Queensland, I believe he's the current. Doesn't seem like a race thing.

Consensual by all accounts but leaked before Ashes. Hmm

If you read the whole conversation, it does look consensual, perhaps even the woman ramping up the conversation a bit.

But there are three issues:

1. This happened in 2017, a year after Paine got married. It's consensual, but an Australian captain cheating on his wife is not a good look.

2. He sent an unsolicited picture of you know what to the woman.

3. He was doing this just hours before taking the field in an Ashes match at home.

The probe was closed because the exchange might have appeared consensual, but it being leaked right before the Ashes and Paine being in charge would have been a PR disaster for Australia. So he simply had to resign. I wish Patty becomes the Australian captain, the blue eyed Mr.Hollywood will take Australia back to its true glory:cummins

Sorry but what, he is only stepping down after it is going public ? Makes this whole scandal even more disgusting.

Lost all respect for him, and CA.

These Australian cricketers are absolutely disgraceful. David Warner, Steve Smith and now Tim Paine

He's a fool.

At least half of western adults engage in extra-marital relations at some point.

But I pilloried Shaheen Shah Afridi for what he sent a picture of, so I can hardly excuse Paine here.

Mind you, in general I think the "role model" aspect of being an international sportsman must not include consensual intimate activity - I consider that to be private.

But as soon as you send someone a pic of your old fella, you're on a very slippery slope.

He's a fool.

At least half of western adults engage in extra-marital relations at some point.

But I pilloried Shaheen Shah Afridi for what he sent a picture of, so I can hardly excuse Paine here.

Mind you, in general I think the "role model" aspect of being an international sportsman must not include consensual intimate activity - I consider that to be private.

But as soon as you send someone a pic of your old fella, you're on a very slippery slope.

Well sending a pic of old "fella" is pretty common in the current generation, no ones a saint. As long as it's consensual there's nothing wrong but the issue is that Paine is married so infidelity is a whole 'nother issue and should definitely be an objectionable offense for the leader of a national sports team.

"Can't wait to see you at the Gabba pal"

Not.

People tend to forget that the Amir/Asif/Butt spotfixing affair was not a real fix but a Newspaper Sting Operation by Rupert Murdoch's media empire.

This turns out to have the same origins - the Murdoch press was going to publish the sexts. What remains to be determined is whether - as is being openly speculated here in Australia - Cricket Australia leaked the sexts to Murdoch's News Corp as a strategy to rid itself of a captain they no longer wanted, but didn't want to have to sack.

The content of the texts reminds me of the 1987 World Cup, and a brilliant article by the late Martin Johnson, of The Independent (like Trent Crimm).

English Cricket Supremo: "Derek Pringle will be a banker with bat and ball".

The West Indies then scored 243-7 in 50 overs, of which Pringle's figures were 10-0-83-0.

Martin Johnson: "Are you sure you meant banker?'

Poor Tim Paine's texts seem very preoccupied with banking.

People tend to forget that the Amir/Asif/Butt spotfixing affair was not a real fix but a Newspaper Sting Operation by Rupert Murdoch's media empire.

This turns out to have the same origins - the Murdoch press was going to publish the sexts. What remains to be determined is whether - as is being openly speculated here in Australia - Cricket Australia leaked the sexts to Murdoch's News Corp as a strategy to rid itself of a captain they no longer wanted, but didn't want to have to sack.

It was a real spot fix. Plz stop denying it

I'm not usually one to judge, but being a married man and sending an unsolicited pic of your 'you know what' to a co-worker makes you a lowlife and a harasser. It is quite literally something that is punishable by law if reported to the authorities which in this case it was by the woman.

On top of that, he's the captain of the Australian captain team.

Don't see his career lasting much longer from here. He was already hanging on because of his captaincy because his batting is not good enough and his glovework has been poor as of late that cost Australia dearly in their last series.

Now even his name and reputation has been dragged in the mud. Good riddance for Australia though nonetheless. This is as good an opportunity as Australia will get to move on from a mediocre place-holder like Paine to an actual long-term prospect like Carey.

Australian cricket is sadly full of immoral individuals like Tim Paine, I am not surprised to find he's been involved in such vile activities.

I hope afghanistan board releases a statement against this just for the sake of it :))

I'm not usually one to judge, but being a married man and sending an unsolicited pic of your 'you know what' to a co-worker makes you a lowlife and a harasser. It is quite literally something that is punishable by law if reported to the authorities which in this case it was by the woman.

Don't see his career lasting much longer from here. He was already hanging on because of his captaincy because his batting is not good enough and his glovework has been poor as of late that cost Australia dearly in their last series.

Now even his name and reputation has been dragged in the mud. Good riddance for Australia though nonetheless. This is as good an opportunity as Australia will get to move on from a mediocre place-holder like Paine to an actual long-term prospect like Carey.

But the investigation at the time revealed it to be consensual...

Khawaja can barely ever hold onto a spot in the test side. He's in and out atleast twice a year. How is he a captaincy option? You have to justify your place through performances not because you have captaincy skillz. Not everyone is Brearly and accusing someone of racism is a pretty serious charge that shouldn't just be thrown around willy nilly.

Smith is the number one option because he's Smith and no one is better equipped to lead that side than him. On top of that its been 3 years since the ball-tampering saga and people have moved on. On top of that, if CA didn't want him to be captain again they would have banned him from captaincy like they banned Waner. Pat Cummins is the only other option.

Last edited:
But the investigation at the time revealed it to be consensual...

An unsolicited pic of your private parts is not consensual. That's why it is called unsolicited. The conversation may have been consensual but the picture most certainly was not because it was reported by the woman immediately.

As for the investigation, it seems fairly obvious that CA tried to cover-up the entire thing to keep attention of Paine leading into the Ashes.

Cricket Australia is equally at fault here for not doing due diligence before appointing Paine. Paine was appointed to bring a radical change in code of conduct after the sandpaper incident

This is pretty hard-hitting:

==

When Tim Paine was elevated to the post of Australia Test captain in 2018, he didn’t want to just lead his teammates, but help make them better people.

The team wasn’t full of bad eggs; only to the point where three members planned, executed – or turned a blind eye to – the greatest cheating scandal to ever engulf the team.

Australian men’s cricket had hit rock bottom.

And Paine was the man hand-picked to bring it back up.

“We want to build a culture that makes people want to be better and produce not only better cricketers but better people,” Paine said after taking over from Steve Smith in the wake of the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal.

“We know what’s right and we know what’s wrong. We know what Australian cricket expects of us.

“And we’ll be holding each other accountable.”

The irony surely isn’t lost on you on yet another black Friday for the Australian Test team, which has been plunged into darkness once more.

Paine, the squeaky clean poster boy of the team, and role model for thousands, maybe millions, of children is embroiled in a sexting scandal.

In 2017, the now 36-year-old sent to a Cricket Tasmania colleague an explicit image of himself, described in reports as a “dick pic”, and a series of lewd messages.

Among them was the text: “Will you want to taste my *** ?? F*** me, I’m seriously hard.”

Others were considered by the Herald Sun as too explicit to publish.

Cricket Australia was reportedly aware of the exchange in March 2018 after a letter of complaint was sent to the organisation, and Cricket Tasmania.

The woman later complained in correspondence with cricket authorities that she was offended by “Mr Paine’s sexually explicit, unwelcome and unsolicited photograph of his genitals in addition to the graphic sexual comments”.

His actions were investigated by CA’s Integrity Unit at the time and he was cleared of any breach under its Code of Conduct.

With the incident in the past – or so it seemed – Paine happily went about building his image as an honourable and respected leader.

CA wanted to turn a new page, desperate to distance itself as quickly as possible from the win-at-all-costs culture that led to the Cape Town fiasco.

Smith was suspended for his role in the scandal, as was David Warner and Cameron Bancroft. Coach Darren Lehmann quit his post in tears despite having no known involvement, while CA director Mark Taylor and high performance manager Pat Howard also resigned.

In their place, among others, were new coach Justin Langer and captain Paine, who were together assigned the task of ushering in a new era for the team.

The team was to prioritise being good people over being good cricketers, although they would ideally be both.

Langer even introduced the new team mantra of “elite honesty” and once emblazoned it in bold letters in the Australian change rooms.

While Paine wasn’t found to have broken any rules, legally or otherwise, his actions surely don’t qualify under “elite honesty”.

The exchange occurred before his captaincy reign, while Paine said through tears on Friday that he had spoken to his wife and family at the time and was “enormously grateful” for their forgiveness.

But Paine also said that his actions did “not meet the standard of an Australian cricket captain, or the wider community”.

The harsh truth is that his actions didn’t then, either - and he did nothing.

Yet he was still offered the captaincy in March 2018 by CA, the same time it was reportedly made aware of the incident.

Paine then accepted the bumper role, and held onto it for more than three years.

Only when he realised the exchange was about to be made public on Friday did he then relinquish it.

Even now Paine intends on still playing the first Ashes Test on December 8. It’s a staggering stance in the circumstances that must come under question given the unwanted attention it will place on the entire team.

Paine wasn’t honest. He didn’t lie to the Australian public through words but he did by his actions.

The wicket-keeper has willingly accepted the flow of praise for his leadership that’s been showered upon him since taking the role.

From his eloquent press-conferences, to the respect he has shown his opponents, to being the first Australian captain to retain the Ashes urn in England since 2001.

Even Paine’s sledging was considered calculated, almost tasteful given the standard of on-field chat Australia was known to have dished up prior.

The Australian public was eating it all up.

All the while, Paine knew that there was a skeleton in his closet that would bring him down in an instant should the public be made aware.

CA also has a case to answer for turning a blind eye to Paine’s actions once an investigation was complete.

Given the mess Cape Town brought, it’s baffling to think that the organisation didn’t foresee the amount of damage having its Test captain in a sexting scandal – days out from the Ashes, no less – could bring.

Even more confusing is the possibility that it did, and didn’t choose to act sooner.

Nonetheless, some will be willing to ignore CA’s inaction while separating off-field Paine to the man seen on it.

It’s fanciful to consider the two as being mutually exclusive.

If being Australia’s Test captain really is the second-most important job in Australia behind only the Prime Minister, then surely he must be held to the same standards.

Scott Morrison wouldn’t have made it past midday if found in the same situation.

Paine only lasted a couple hours longer.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...e/news-story/77ba06a2220011e6656ca381c7dff447

The content of the texts reminds me of the 1987 World Cup, and a brilliant article by the late Martin Johnson, of The Independent (like Trent Crimm).

English Cricket Supremo: "Derek Pringle will be a banker with bat and ball".

The West Indies then scored 243-7 in 50 overs, of which Pringle's figures were 10-0-83-0.

Martin Johnson: "Are you sure you meant banker?'

Poor Tim Paine's texts seem very preoccupied with banking.

Trent Crimm lol only worthwhile thing in that show.

Plenty hypocrisy from Paine who's a a Paine in the *** for CA too it appears.

This isn't one for his morals to be questioned, it's more the line being 'unsolicited contact' when it wasn't

Last edited:
I think the Afghanistan cricket captain should announce “dont want to be associated with a country whose captain is a perv”.

What a pair the two are, the woman at the centre of this is comfortably his senior at 46 yrs old, is alleged to have stolen club fees and memberships.

These lot are such hypocrites who should never be given any attention. They care about “woman’s rights” when it’s about bringing out brown/ Muslim women out of their homes. They go on to sleep with multiple women without caring about womens rights smh

Last edited:
An unsolicited pic of your private parts is not consensual. That's why it is called unsolicited. The conversation may have been consensual but the picture most certainly was not because it was reported by the woman immediately.

As for the investigation, it seems fairly obvious that CA tried to cover-up the entire thing to keep attention of Paine leading into the Ashes.
No, it wasn’t reported by the woman - she sent him several flirtatious text messages too.

The thing is, a few months later she was caught stealing from Cricket Tasmania. And that is when she complained about Paine’s behaviour, presumably to try to force Cricket Tasmania not to press criminal charges against her. And they didn’t.

Talks about womens rights and cheats on a woman.

There is no contradiction there.

In western countries many or most married people cheat at some time - male and female. It’s not anti-feminist to cheat because by definition half the people doing it are women and wives.

Nobody in Australia thinks this reduces his ability to point out that the Taliban treat women terribly. It makes him ineligible to be Father of the Year. But it doesn’t make him anti-female.

In western countries many or most married people cheat at some time - male and female. It’s not anti-feminist to cheat because by definition half the people doing it are women and wives.

Nobody in Australia thinks this reduces his ability to point out that the Taliban treat women terribly. Like Dean Jones, it makes him ineligible to be Father of the Year. But it doesn’t make him anti-female.

I guess its not about women rights. Its about pretending to be this righteous leader.

Just because half of men & women are doing it, it dont make it right.

Last edited:
No, it wasn’t reported by the woman - she sent him several flirtatious text messages too.

The thing is, a few months later she was caught stealing from Cricket Tasmania. And that is when she complained about Paine’s behaviour, presumably to try to force Cricket Tasmania not to press criminal charges against her. And they didn’t.

Nice to see that it didn't take you long to instantly blame the woman and defend your hero. Even when he has proven himself to be an absolute dirtbag.

But at the end of the day its her word against his and he is the one who sent her an unsolicited of his private parts which makes him a harasser.

Last edited:

Nobody in Australia thinks this reduces his ability to point out that the Taliban treat women terribly. Like Dean Jones, it makes him ineligible to be Father of the Year. But it doesn’t make him anti-female.

There is. He is acting like an angel but himself damaging a woman’s life. Not playing cricket is still fine for a woman, but beating cheated on will spoil her life forever. So I don’t like such hypocrites and ones who support it

Cricket appears to be reeling at the moment.

Scandals galore!

Cheats on one and then abuses another with unsolicited images.

Its really disappointing to see excuses made for this type of behaviour by some, and attempts made to paint the victim in a bad light.

I get a feeling Australian Cricket board were eagrly looking for an excuse to get rid of Tim Paine. I feel after losing last year home test series v India. It was decided by ACB to get rid of him one way or another.

Prime ministers and presidents have also cheated on their partners but they campaign women rights and equality totally seperate issue and irrelevant to what going on here.

Women also cheat use men the wrong way look for ways to use their gender to trap men but it’s a different matter to rights and equality issues.

Everyone has a right to freedom of speech no matter what or else we would have problems everywhere.

As usual some posters who don’t miss an opportunity to down Pakistan have not uttered a single word here.

Wow!! what was he thinking. Always came across as a family man with his kids and all.
And what about his stance for Afghanistan women cricket etc.
How can he think it was okay to send lewd pictures on phone?

The west desperately wants to help brown skin women...

Acts as a Warrior for women rights in Afghanistan but also sends dirty pics to coworkers. What a great Gentleman this guy is.

Typical virtue signalling liberal.

You nailed it. These are so-called gentle man in present society. Finally truth is exposed.

The west desperately wants to help brown skin women...

Whether is the west east north south helping people out of oppression and physical suffering is totally the right thing to do.
Other things like the Tim Paine issue here are not related and should be talked about separately not in a way to put him down regarding what he said about something else.

Guys I'm not fully aware of this story and what kind of messages he has sent, but if it is his personal life, why should anyone be bothered? I mean as long as whatever he has done is not illegal.

Prime ministers and presidents have also cheated on their partners but they campaign women rights and equality totally seperate issue and irrelevant to what going on here.

Women also cheat use men the wrong way look for ways to use their gender to trap men but it’s a different matter to rights and equality issues.

Everyone has a right to freedom of speech no matter what or else we would have problems everywhere.

So I was right Tim Paine is a hypocrite. And I don’t respect such disgusting human beings

Lol this is hilarious.. theses fools should have a stack on NDA agreements with them at all times.

This is why sport is entertainment and you never look to an athlete for knowledge or wisdom.

This couldve been easily avoided, if tim had any IQ he wouldnt be sending out D pics to a co-worker even if it was concensual, get god damm NDA signed...

Remember that for life GUYS if you get rich always have NDAs on ya, dont trust no women unless shes ready to ride and die with ya.

This is a blessing in disguise for Australia. Paine is a rubbish cricketer and a rubbish captain. He had no business being in the team let alone be the captain.

Australia overcompensated after getting exposed for their ball-tampering, and the Paine scam carried on for far too long. He should have been booted for good after Australia were humiliated by Indian reserves at home.

Josh Philippe should come in. England have no chance at all now. A line up of

Warner
Harris
Marnus
Smith
Khawaja
Green
Philippe
Cummins
Steketee
Hazlewood
Lyon

will destroy England. No weak links there

If this women didn't get offended at the time and didn't report it, why is it an issue 4 yrs later

That’s not the game. I doubt the women in question was offended at all, but she was smart enough to know that she could use the screenshot etc as leverage and consequently blackmail when the time was right. It’s the oldest trick in the book, more common in politics, but for the life of me I cannot understand how people still fall for it.

She obviously tried to get something out of it, but Paine decided to fall on his own sword instead.

If this women didn't get offended at the time and didn't report it, why is it an issue 4 yrs later

It was reported some months after the event and he was investigated and cleared (by state and CA he was AU captain). The reason it has resurfaced is due to a Murdoch newspaper leaking the texts so ge resigned before that.

Also think the theory CA leaked to get rid of him also has credibility. Let's not forget they sat in Waugh and Warne bookie saga for 3 yrs!

As usual some posters who don’t miss an opportunity to down Pakistan have not uttered a single word here.

Was thinking the same, but they will turn up after thinking of some excuses to help brush off the incident as non issue.

So the greatest Australian Wicketkeeper and "the leader of men" gets exposed for extramarital affairs. I just hope he will think twice again before pointing fingers at others in future. Infidelity is one of the biggest vices of grown human beings. Although it doesn't have any bearing to his cricketing ability(or lack of thereof), it's a big stain on his character as the so called champion and rebuilder of Australian cricket values. So much irony in all this fiasco. To rebuild the character of the Australian cricket in the eyes of public, they chose a disloyal pervert to embody the "true values" of their cricket team.

Should be the end of his international career. A good for nothing cricketer. Peter Handscomb or Wade can do a good makeshift job till Philippe or Inglis are ready for Test Cricket

I am surprised at this news. He seemed like a decent guy.

But, this may turn out to be a good thing for Australia. Paine has been a weak link for them.

Who will they appoint now? I bet all of the players have some kind of skeletons hidden in the closet!

Who will they appoint now? I bet all of the players have some kind of skeletons hidden in the closet!

Almost every player has some skeleton to hide in his closet unless he's Hashim Amla or Rahul Dravid.

I wonder how Shane Warne would have survived in the social media era. Think back to his "adventures" during Ashes tours in England.

Good point. I think most Aussie cricketers have skeletons hidden.

I think they should make Warner or Smith captain. They have already served their bans.

Almost every player has some skeleton to hide in his closet unless he's Hashim Amla or Rahul Dravid.

I wonder how Shane Warne would have survived in the social media era. Think back to his "adventures" during Ashes tours in England.

99.99% of the time alcohol is involved with said skeletons. This is my theory anyway.

99.99% of the time alcohol is involved with said skeletons. This is my theory anyway.

+1

A wee drink and people will drop their culture, ethics and morals in a heartbeat.

Mentally weak people use alcohol as a social crutch.

Wasn't he lecturing the world about Afghanistan now harassing others through lewd text messages, these folks think they are the saviours of the world.

Australia throwing in the towel already and preparing their excuses.

As for Paine, not surprised, he’s an Australian.

Khawaja has led Queensland, I believe he's the current. Doesn't seem like a race thing.

Yes, that's the key.
He is experienced in captaincy and went through the grind; however, notice that he is not even in the race.

I was actually very surprised to see his Ashes recall. I thought his career with the Aussie national squad was over.

That’s not the game. I doubt the women in question was offended at all, but she was smart enough to know that she could use the screenshot etc as leverage and consequently blackmail when the time was right. It’s the oldest trick in the book, more common in politics, but for the life of me I cannot understand how people still fall for it.

She obviously tried to get something out of it, but Paine decided to fall on his own sword instead.

As with my point about Rafiq, if you were offended and feel abused then it needs to be raised at the time. You don't find them offensive years later. I have little sympathy with either him or the women, just like I didn't have much time for Rafiq or the YK players that used the racial language

As with my point about Rafiq, if you were offended and feel abused then it needs to be raised at the time. You don't find them offensive years later. I have little sympathy with either him or the women, just like I didn't have much time for Rafiq or the YK players that used the racial language

100% correct and agree.

Remind me again, this is the same joker who had a bone to pick with Afghanistan Cricket?

:)):)):)):))

I think that he should watch his mouth the next time he speaks about something that merits more attention than his entire cricketing career.

Pathetic.

Back