"Today, I am stepping down as captain of Pakistan in all formats": Babar Azam

He was told he was going to be sacked as T20 captain but could keep the Test captaincy if he wanted. If, as is expected, they get beat badly in Australia, the Test captaincy would have stripped from him in a few months anyway. So his thinking will be to throw it all in and jump before you are pushed. A fair enough decision. Hopefully he can concentrate on his batting. The only thing that looks likely now is that factions and groups will emerge. A big step backwards for Pakistani cricket. As usual, a knee jerk reaction for not making the semis. All those wanting him sacked and replaced altogether.....I'd understand if Pakistani cricket had any better players but I don't see them anywhere.......
The current faction controlling cricket in Pakistan is the WORST ever in its history!!!

#BabarSher has stepped down as captain. He averages 61/91 as captain and 54/87 without captaincy. The not-match-winner averages 78/90 in matches Pakistan won during his batting career and 35/85 when Pakistan lost.

View attachment 139139
So this tells us that he is not really a match-winner.

A high average/SR in matches lost indicate a lone warrior who did his best to put up a fight when others didn’t turn up and this lack of support meant that he couldn’t take his team over the line.

Babar’s numbers tell us that he is a fair-weather ODI player who performs when others around him perform (hence the high average/SR in matches won) and fails when others around him fail (hence the relatively low average/SR in matches lost.

Therefore, he is not a match-winner and a fighter.

Congratulations to all the fans who wanted Baber to step down!!! :D

Hope they are happy now that Shan Masood has taken over! :)

I think Babar is playing the long game - he knows Masood will not last long averaging 28 and with an Australian Test tour coming up lol..

Babar will probably get offered Test captaincy again in 2025

In T20 Shaheen is on the verge of being dropped - he has lost his X factor so watch him start conceding 50 runs in T20’s as well.. there is no “top performer” in T20’s we have anyway..

Bobby is a good humble bloke. He is little timid, may be now he can concentrate on his batting. I am not a Pakistani so i do not know intricate details about his style. I only saw his pressers in the World Cup. I felt he is a decent person. The only person I don’t like is nautanki rizwan. I hope he won’t become captain

I think Babar is playing the long game - he knows Masood will not last long averaging 28 and with an Australian Test tour coming up lol..

In T20 Shaheen is on the verge of being dropped - he has lost his X factor so watch him start conceding 50 runs in T20’s as well.. there is no “top performer” in T20’s we have anyway..
Bobby is lot cleverer than he looks. He took the apportunity to wash his hands off of the cursed tour down under.

His stock as a kaptaan will surely rise as the inevitable results will pile on on that tour. :babar

Or is it Pak doesn't have any genuine choice for captaincy apart from Babar. I mean when Babar resigned he obviously wouldn't have given them Shan's and Shaheen's name knowing that they will fail and I will be captain again.

If there was a World Cup of Conspiracy Theories, we would be the Champions.... in fact, we might have 4 Pakistani teams playing in semi-finals! :D

So you are ASSUMING that I want Rizwan to be the captain because I posted some batting stats??
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
Didn’t I ask you a million times to clarify your stance?

What’s the issue? To scared to view your true thoughts? Go on, have another go.

Who should be the captains in all formats according to your reading of cricket?

You did not know my stance and yet you belived that I wanted Rizwan to be the captain. :D
So here’s the game I will play with you.

Either you clarify what you honestly believe. Or I will continue to propagate that you believe Rizwan is the right man to be all format captain of Pakistan based on your cherry picking stats supporting him.

Case closed.

But we have history behind us, not gonna surprised if we see him captain again in future.
Babar is nice and humble human and of course a great batter but he don't have leadership qualities. Politics destroying everything sadly.

He is not playing the long game. Rather, he is playing the short-term game of (a) ensuring that he is not the captain when Pakistan get humiliated in Australia and (b) he is not officially sacked.

He went to his family, had a discussion and they advised him that it is better to resign with dignity than to get sacked with shame.

As per reports, PCB was looking to appoint a new captain after the Australian series because an Australian series first up for a new captain would be a nightmare, and Babar had his selfish reasons not to be in the firing line.

So he resigned before PCB could sack him. This is reminiscent of Azhar Ali resigning as ODI captain in 2017 right before PCB was going to sack him anyway.

He was pushed of course, but at the end of the day it's the right call.

He had to go, he looked fed up, looked disinterested and it was affecting his form.

If you had asked me before the world cup, it would take this kind of performance to get captaincy stripped off from Babar, I would have taken it.
No it's not going to solve all our problems. But what it will mean is that we will have a chance at having someone with actual leadership potential getting the most ouflt of whatever talent pool we have right now

I'm not sure resigning as test captain is a good decision though. Team seemed to be improving under him with the new bazball approach. Their is also no other option? Rizwan is not in the starting xi for tests.

I really hope Shan Masood will not become the next test captain 🤦🤦
Lol. Shan Masood is the new Captain

Last edited by a moderator:
He is not playing the long game. Rather, he is playing the short-term game of (a) ensuring that he is not the captain when Pakistan get humiliated in Australia and (b) he is not officially sacked.

He went to his family, had a discussion and they advised him that it is better to resign with dignity than to get sacked with shame.

As per reports, PCB was looking to appoint a new captain after the Australian series because an Australian series first up for a new captain would be a nightmare, and Babar had his selfish reasons not to be in the firing line.

So he resigned before PCB could sack him. This is reminiscent of Azhar Ali resigning as ODI captain in 2017 right before PCB was going to sack him anyway.

Basically you said the same thing that I did but with more words lol..

Shan Masood is not lasting long and both you and I know that.. I don’t understand why he even accepted the captaincy role since both the defeat in Australia and its aftermath will be brutal.. There is no way a batsman averaging 28 is going to hold his spot in the team for long. This will be the end of Shan Masoods career in brutal fashion

Babar will be on his high horse saying he “resigned” in the first place when PCB inevitably offer him Test captaincy again in 2025. It is very obvious..

Regarding T20 - it is harder to predict.. Shaheen as a bowler is getting hammered left right and center despite all the hype.. however I do understand he is young and may improve. This might end in tears too but he will probably be given the 2024 WT20 before anyone judges his captaincy..

Fine Babar was not a good captain and good that he has resigned. But I want to raise this question who will be accountable for mismanagement of Naseem Injury, Shaheen and Ihsanullah mismanagement of injuries, poor first class structure, musical chairs in PCB. Scapegoatimg captains for basic structural problems is only going to mask this issue for some time. I pity the posters who think replacing x player with y would have brought dividends when basic problems are not addressed.

Azam has done the right thing here , he knows he is undroppable and will get another turn when the next captain fails but he has not held onto power for the sake of his ego and fought the pcb over it
His form should improve now that the baggage has gone and he can play his natural game without the likes of shoaib akhtar asking him to be ultra aggressive
Ultimately he has failed in the last few months and taking a step back to see where he has gone wrong will check his ego and bring him down a level

So this tells us that he is not really a match-winner.

A high average/SR in matches lost indicate a lone warrior who did his best to put up a fight when others didn’t turn up and this lack of support meant that he couldn’t take his team over the line.

Babar’s numbers tell us that he is a fair-weather ODI player who performs when others around him perform (hence the high average/SR in matches won) and fails when others around him fail (hence the relatively low average/SR in matches lost.

Therefore, he is not a match-winner and a fighter.
Here's another fair-weather ODI player for you. Guess his name?

kohlifairweather.PNG

That was indeed a smart move. Going by Pakistan's history in Australia they were not going to do anything special there. Also, with morale being down from the worldcup I will be surprised if they put up any fight at all.

The new captain will get blamed for it and will have to deal with all the criticism while Babar takes a back seat.

Fine Babar was not a good captain and good that he has resigned. But I want to raise this question who will be accountable for mismanagement of Naseem Injury, Shaheen and Ihsanullah mismanagement of injuries, poor first class structure, musical chairs in PCB. Scapegoatimg captains for basic structural problems is only going to mask this issue for some time. I pity the posters who think replacing x player with y would have brought dividends when basic problems are not addressed.
The problem really stems from the very top. It is hard to answer your question without bringing politics into the discussion.

Since Imran Khan was taken out different politicians have been trying to get their guy as PCB chairman, no one's really thinking about who the right man for the job is which has led us to the mess we are in right now.

The politicians who are brought into power are there for the sake of power, enjoying the luxuries that come with ruling Pakistan, making money through corruption and not really interested to actually run the country while these important job positions which determine the future of our country are handed based on friendships and favours.

Basically you said the same thing that I did but with more words lol..

Shan Masood is not lasting long and both you and I know that.. I don’t understand why he even accepted the captaincy role since both the defeat in Australia and its aftermath will be brutal.. There is no way a batsman averaging 28 is going to hold his spot in the team for long. This will be the end of Shan Masoods career in brutal fashion

Babar will be on his high horse saying he “resigned” in the first place when PCB inevitably offer him Test captaincy again in 2025. It is very obvious..

Regarding T20 - it is harder to predict.. Shaheen as a bowler is getting hammered left right and center despite all the hype.. however I do understand he is young and may improve. This might end in tears too but he will probably be given the 2024 WT20 before anyone judges his captaincy..
We are not saying the same thing. You are saying that Babar is playing the long game and hopes to regain captaincy in 2024. I don’t agree with that.

I think he is done with captaincy and would like to spend the last 7-8 years of his career focusing on his batting only.

Imad Wasim said while talking on program Haarna Mana Hay:

“I think Babar Azam’s decision is great. He can now focus on his batting without the extra pressure of captaincy. There is so much pressure.”

“I want to welcome Shaheen Afridi as a T20I captain.”

I think this was an emotional decision by Babar Azam.

His achievements for pakistan as a captain cant be ignored.

Imad Wasim said while talking on program Haarna Mana Hay:

“I think Babar Azam’s decision is great. He can now focus on his batting without the extra pressure of captaincy. There is so much pressure.”

“I want to welcome Shaheen Afridi as a T20I captain.”
Imad is a toxic toxic guy.. and btw who is "he" to welcome Shaheen as t20 captain lol ! Shaheen am hoping will never pick imad he being babar,s friend . Can guarantee you imad will then say Shaheen is a horrible captain and has to quit 🙂

Brother bhai what achievements.

Babar is the biggest fraud stats wise for the future generation.

Kids born 10 years from now, will grow up on 2040 to 2050 and look back at stats and think that babar azam was the greatest Pakistani batsmen of all time scoring the most 100's, surpassing saeed anwars's record, having a 50+ average, and captaincy wise was statically the best captain to have never won the world cup, he took the team to glory achieving no 1 and all that.

But everyone knows the truth. Pakistan was stubborn, we think we are bigger then we actually are. Our obsession with stats and playing on pindi pitches rather then sucking it up and hosting in the uae which is a difficult pitch and A string sides could visit, we'd be down under the water.

Our true rank is 6 to 7 and Bobby's true average is 35 to 38 lol.

As sanath said if batsmen of the past played in this era, everything would be doubled.

Sachin would have 200 centuries to his name, saeed Anwar would have 40 lol. Heck if Sachin faced the d string bowlers that Bobby faced you'd probs see a new record, 15 centuries in a row by Sachin lol.

Babar's Achievements as a captain in ODI

*We beat Zimbabwe 2-0

*We beat South Africa 2-1 away
South Africa was going through patch

*We Lost to England 3-0 away

*We beat Australia (B Team) 2-1 home
No starc No Mitchell No maxwell No Warner and no Cummins

*We beat West Indies 3-0 Home

*We Beat Netherlands 3-0 Away

*We lost to newzealand 2-1 Home
Full strength newzealand

*We beat newzealand 3-0 Home
Newzealand comeback with their C team with main bowlers missing

*We just about to beat Afghanistan 3-0

Give this Schedule to any captain of the past if not better he will gave you same results

unfortunately ICC RANKING don't measure the quality of the team and will award same amount of points regardless if your playing Uganda or india

And player of the year are based on these rankings

I remember at one time rashid can was number 1 ranked on the icc ranking without even playing a single test nation team

Babar's Achievements as a captain in ODI

*We beat Zimbabwe 2-0

*We beat South Africa 2-1 away
South Africa was going through patch

*We Lost to England 3-0 away

*We beat Australia (B Team) 2-1 home
No starc No Mitchell No maxwell No Warner and no Cummins

*We beat West Indies 3-0 Home

*We Beat Netherlands 3-0 Away

*We lost to newzealand 2-1 Home
Full strength newzealand

*We beat newzealand 3-0 Home
Newzealand comeback with their C team with main bowlers missing

*We just about to beat Afghanistan 3-0

Give this Schedule to any captain of the past if not better he will gave you same results

unfortunately ICC RANKING don't measure the quality of the team and will award same amount of points regardless if your playing Uganda or india

And player of the year are based on these rankings

I remember at one time rashid can was number 1 ranked on the icc ranking without even playing a single test nation team
You win as a team and lose as a team, so it's unfair to place all the blame on just the captain.

With such pathetic team combination even Rohit Sharma cant win u matches for sure.

You win as a team and lose as a team, so it's unfair to place all the blame on just the captain.

With such pathetic team combination even Rohit Sharma cant win u matches for sure.
Bro do some research on cricket captaincy on Google understand the job role and what it involves.

If we look at it from your angle then he still be responsible because he picked this team even though the likes of hafeez and misbah recommended other players and asked to take a main spinner like abrar as misbah and hafeez has expirence of playing in India

And also again looking at it from your angle it doesn't matter if its babar who is the captain or someone else it's a team game

And who selected that team?

@Sher Khan and I had a conversation about a bowler in domestic and psl who literally averages 18 and dominates batsmen and takes them part in our domestic circuit.

Why wasn't he called up? We called up hasan Ali?

Tayyab tahir had one bad t20 series against afg fair, but he averaged 99 in the Pakistan Cup, in the same tournament ifti, Imam and the rest were averaging 30 to 35 and were horrific in general, why was tayyab discarded so randomly without a single game?

Saim has been dominating cpl, same tournament where ifti, Fakhar didn't do so well, why wasn't he selected? And when he was selected why is he a no 4? Which brainless moron opens himself and rizwan over fakhar and saim? Fakhar in this tournament proved the whole babar and rizzu claiming their better them him false. 😂

Hopefully he can concentrate on his batting now without the added pressure of captaincy.

Babar Azam is not your captain anymore. He is a player just like the other 10 players in the team. He should be focusing on his role as a batter now. With additional pressure gone, he should be back in form. No excuses this time.

Sad to see Bob getting backstabbed and betrayed by those he always supported and picked in the squad.

Shahid Afridi even discussed Babar Azam's situation with the PM of Pakistan!

---------------------------------------------------

Here is Afridi speaking on TV about this meeting:

"I was saying that there was no need for change in such a short time. Prime Minister asked me, we were talking about captaincy, I gave my views, saying Babar need not be changed now. I thought he should continue in Test cricket. If you wanted a white-ball captain, I thought Mohammad Rizwan should have been the ideal candidate. I have said this many times in the past as well," Afridi said on TV.

Last edited:
We are not saying the same thing. You are saying that Babar is playing the long game and hopes to regain captaincy in 2024. I don’t agree with that.

I think he is done with captaincy and would like to spend the last 7-8 years of his career focusing on his batting only.
In Pakistan cricket, anything can happen. I also believe that he will come back as captain, not for ODIs or T20s, but definitely for Tests. There is a long history of Pakistani players making comebacks out of nowhere. One prime example is Shoaib Malik; he is eyeing the 2024 WT20, and he will make a comeback as he has good connections and backing in the PCB.

Shan will face a tough challenge in Australia, but I think he will do well. He has been playing very attacking cricket for the last two years and should have been in our ODI side.

But we are PHD degree holders in treating cancer with panadol. We will get some short term benefits but for long terms we are mediocre side and will remain that until unless we improve our domestic cricket like India

"I was saying that there was no need for change in such a short time. Prime Minister asked me, we were talking about captaincy, I gave my views, saying Babar need not be changed now. I thought he should continue in Test cricket. If you wanted a white-ball captain, I thought Mohammad Rizwan should have been the ideal candidate. I have said this many times in the past as well," Afridi said on TV.

There is no difference between on-field Rizwan and off-field Shahid Afridi. Both are hypocrites and actors of great stature.

Babar Azam is not your captain anymore. He is a player just like the other 10 players in the team. He should be focusing on his role as a batter now. With additional pressure gone, he should be back in form. No excuses this time.
I hope he will not reconcile with a group of his buddies to underperform or seek revenge. It's part of our players' history."

You know the country is going down the pan when the PM is busy discussing test captaincy with a former cricketer.

You know the country is going down the pan when the PM is busy discussing test captaincy with a former cricketer.
I remember I did a paper in class once, I told my aussie Prof and he was like this is comedy gold.

We talked about pakistani PM management.

These guys think cricket and hospital management is enough to run a country 😂😂

Shoaib Akhtar speaking on a TV show:

"The treatment with Babar Azam was unjust. I categorically say that in such a short time, he should not have been removed from the captaincy of Test matches. Even though he said he didn't want captaincy of all formats and the board was insisting on him captaining Test matches, he shouldn't have resigned, and he shouldn't have been pushed out,"

"They should have given him 1.5 months without saying a word, but the board didn't do that. We are experts in removing someone from their position and this is how the entire management of Pakistan works, just remove and banish,"

"There has been injustice with Babar,"

"If I were there, I would have given him this month and then worked on a new strategy because now there will be talk of resolving the rift,"

Javed Miandad in a recent interview:

"Individuals making cricket-related decisions have no ties to the game, resulting in damaging consequences for PCB due to political influence,"

"The decision to remove Babar Azam from captaincy is not right; players should be given respect and honour. A strong manager should have been appointed to support Babar so that he could become a strong captain. It is regrettable how PCB has treated a big player like Babar recently,"

"Babar does not go after the bowlers from the crease, which affects the rhythm in his batting. Babar has immense talent, but he needs a slight alteration in his approach, particularly in the positioning of his body while batting."

"No one is perfect, and Babar Azam has quality, but there's no one to tell him about his flaws in the nets, therefore, he keeps repeating his mistakes. Building confidence comes from rectifying errors in the nets,"

"If Babar Azam ever wants advice, I am always available. This country has given me everything, and I am always ready to guide any player. But if someone doesn't want to come, what can I do?"

"In the presence of retired players like Iqbal Qasim, Mushtaq Mohammad, Sadiq Mohammad, Haroon Rashid, Shoaib Mohammad, and others, PCB made chief selector who has just retired. How much cricket has Wahab Riaz played? I don't need any position, but good people should be brought forward for the benefit of Pakistan cricket."

"The cricketing affairs are being managed by sugar mill owners,"

Javed Miandad in a recent interview:

"Individuals making cricket-related decisions have no ties to the game, resulting in damaging consequences for PCB due to political influence,"

"The decision to remove Babar Azam from captaincy is not right; players should be given respect and honour. A strong manager should have been appointed to support Babar so that he could become a strong captain. It is regrettable how PCB has treated a big player like Babar recently,"

"Babar does not go after the bowlers from the crease, which affects the rhythm in his batting. Babar has immense talent, but he needs a slight alteration in his approach, particularly in the positioning of his body while batting."

"No one is perfect, and Babar Azam has quality, but there's no one to tell him about his flaws in the nets, therefore, he keeps repeating his mistakes. Building confidence comes from rectifying errors in the nets,"

"If Babar Azam ever wants advice, I am always available. This country has given me everything, and I am always ready to guide any player. But if someone doesn't want to come, what can I do?"

"In the presence of retired players like Iqbal Qasim, Mushtaq Mohammad, Sadiq Mohammad, Haroon Rashid, Shoaib Mohammad, and others, PCB made chief selector who has just retired. How much cricket has Wahab Riaz played? I don't need any position, but good people should be brought forward for the benefit of Pakistan cricket."

"The cricketing affairs are being managed by sugar mill owners,"
Man - all these ex cricketers want a slice of the pie now! Nobody is in it for the genuine interest of pak cricket. They are just here to make a buck and leave

Looks like the current chief selector has nothing to do with Babar Azam's resignation. He wants Shan as the captain and is going to stick with this decision in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wahab Riaz speaking in a presser:

“Babar Azam has stepped down from captaincy on his own accord, I do not know what the discussion between Babar and the Chairman was and I cannot comment on it. Shan Masood has captained Yorkshire previously and we have put our trust in him. He is going to remain the captain in the near future. We will not be removing anyone based on one series,”​

The Director of Media of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Aalia Rasheed stated while talking local News Channel:

"One thing I want to make clear is that the PCB never, for once, criticised Babar Azam or the team during the World Cup nor did they try to hold Azam responsible for the losses."

"Look, Babar is a respectable player there is no doubt about that and he has an independent nature, and I believe that every captain should possess that quality but it doesn't mean that you ignore the recommendation of other selection committee members".

"In that press release, it was stated that the team was chosen by Inzamam and Babar and that was the truth. He [Babar] wasn't ready to compromise on even a single player and the board supported him. It is a fact whether one accepts it or not."

"No, what kind of a question is that, Babar is a great player. He as a player is an all-time great. Cricket's history is filled with players who couldn't be great captains. Look at Sachin Tendulkar, the world hasn't produced a bigger player than him, but was he a good captain? No, he had to leave the captaincy. Virat Kohli is another example."

"In that press release, it was stated that the team was chosen by Inzamam and Babar and that was the truth. He [Babar] wasn't ready to compromise on even a single player and the board supported him. It is a fact whether one accepts it or not."

This boils my blood!

And still there are people upset that he was removed or asked to step down as captain! All they do is blame a supposedly rotten system…yet they cannot accept that the stubbornness of this man Babar Azam has become the reason for the WORST ever World Cup campaign in Pakistan’s history!

The Director of Media of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Aalia Rasheed stated while talking local News Channel:

"One thing I want to make clear is that the PCB never, for once, criticised Babar Azam or the team during the World Cup nor did they try to hold Azam responsible for the losses."

"Look, Babar is a respectable player there is no doubt about that and he has an independent nature, and I believe that every captain should possess that quality but it doesn't mean that you ignore the recommendation of other selection committee members".

"No, what kind of a question is that, Babar is a great player. He as a player is an all-time great. Cricket's history is filled with players who couldn't be great captains. Look at Sachin Tendulkar, the world hasn't produced a bigger player than him, but was he a good captain? No, he had to leave the captaincy. Virat Kohli is another example."
Well done PCB for absolutely and brutally throwing Babar under the bus for this World Cup campaign.

He thought he was too good/too smart for the recommendations of sincere cricketers who were advising him for the best interest of Pakistan cricket.

Babar deserves NO SYMPATHY!

Former Chairman PCB, Zaka Ashraf, speaking about Babar Azam’s resignation from captaincy under his tenure:

"I offered to retain Babar Azam as the captain for red-ball cricket, but we wanted to appoint a new captain white-ball cricket. He responded by stating that if he were to be replaced as captain in one format, he would rather step down from captaincy in all formats. Consequently, I suggested that he should focus on playing as a team member for Pakistan, as it was clear that he was finding it challenging to cope with the pressure of captaincy,"​

This thread didn't age well 😂😂, hopefully we see a part 2 very soon.

It should be titled "Today I am stepping down as captain again until naqvi arrives."

Former Chairman PCB, Zaka Ashraf, speaking about Babar Azam’s resignation from captaincy under his tenure:

"I offered to retain Babar Azam as the captain for red-ball cricket, but we wanted to appoint a new captain white-ball cricket. He responded by stating that if he were to be replaced as captain in one format, he would rather step down from captaincy in all formats. Consequently, I suggested that he should focus on playing as a team member for Pakistan, as it was clear that he was finding it challenging to cope with the pressure of captaincy,"​

don't understand how people still support him after this.. he don't want to captain red ball because he was asked give someone else a chance in white ball because he kept failing in whiteball..

don't understand how people still support him after this.. he don't want to captain red ball because he was asked give someone else a chance in white ball because he kept failing in whiteball..
Of course they will carry on supporting him because the person to remove him from captaincy was the anti-Christ Zaka Ashraf according to them

Our cricketers don’t care about test cricket. It’s just so obvious. Remember the first time when younis khan threatened to quit test cricket because he wasn’t part of the LOI squads. Couldn’t believe it at the time. Other examples too. Rizwan was not fussed losing his test spot or not. Doubt he’d have been as easy going about it and encouraging Sarfraz to play if it were LOI. Others like Shadab, Haris Rauf etc don’t even bother to hone their skills for tests. And it’s ironic people like Hasan Ali started playing a lot more tests when he fell out of favour in LOI.

Why it’s really hyprocritical criticising Amir for not wanting to play tests. If he hadn’t fixed, we wouldn’t have made a big thing out of it.

It’s great someone like Shan is now test captain. Because he will take it seriously because he’s not good enough for LOI. If he can at least hold his spot in the side it’s the right choice. And I wouldn’t say he was amazing vs Australia but he did outperform most of our batsman that series, so if he keeps outperforming the majority of our batsmen he’ll keep his place.

This boils my blood!

And still there are people upset that he was removed or asked to step down as captain! All they do is blame a supposedly rotten system…yet they cannot accept that the stubbornness of this man Babar Azam has become the reason for the WORST ever World Cup campaign in Pakistan’s history!
Right approach after the CWC debacle would be to find a good man manager no nonsense coach like Langer and leave the rest to him assured... He will make Babar to concenterate on his own game rather safeguarding himself and his peers as mera match winner at the cost of losing games...

He is back as the captain and at a point where his stubborness will increase multifold... Wouldnt be surprised if he opens with RIzwan again and send Saim to no.3

Back