Trent Boult ruled out of second Test between New Zealand and Pakistan

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
BLACKCAPS fast bowler Trent Boult has been ruled out of the second ANZ Test against Pakistan beginning tomorrow, after feeling discomfort in his right knee during training yesterday.

Boult has some irritation in the joint of his right knee, which has been managed in recent weeks.

BLACKCAPS Coach Mike Hesson said: “Trent has had a minor discomfort in his knee dating back to the tour of India, which we’ve been managing in recent weeks.

“Unfortunately he irritated it further while fielding in the first test. He bowled again and we were optimistic he would be ready for Hamilton, but during training on Wednesday felt further pain and has subsequently been ruled out of the Test.

“We’re hopeful at this stage that he’ll be available for the Chappell-Hadlee series in Australia, but will continue to monitor him over the coming days.”

Doug Bracewell has joined the squad in Hamilton.

Misbah still a bigger loss for us... They have very good backups for Boult

Big blow for NZ, Can only help Pak.
Actually it's quite the opposite. If I were a batsman I would much rather face Boult then Henry.

Henry is quicker then Boult, he swings the ball (which Pakistan are in-capable of playing) and he gets the ball on a full length.

I won't be surprised if he gets a fiver-fer.

Won't matter. Pak batting will still struggle no matter who replaces the injured one.

Well lets see how it pans out. The team finds itself in yet another tricky situation.
They have come out of most of them in the last few years.

They must look to play positively and get 300+ in the first inns.

We couldn't even handle De Grandhomme.

They can put anyone in and our batsmen will fall apart.

One mans loss is another mans gain, hopefully Henry can cash in, but Pakistan still wins of course;-)

Matt Henry after six Tests has a bowling average of 55!

Matt Henry after six Tests has a bowling average of 55!

That's the biggest fear - at some point, he'll even out some odd figures.

Going by Holder's stats in UAE (a place where his type of bowling is the last option to take a 5for!!!) & Bishu (10for in a D/N Test with dew & Pink ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), you can only think of what else can PAK produce .... 9/113 can bring that average below 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Henry is a scary customer - in NZ he is very good.

Works very hard, bowls good pace, nips it around.. your stock standard NZ pace bowler these days (just awesome)

Big blow, Henry should be in instead of Southee anyway.
Henry struggles in Test because he cant keep his pace up, he only bowls 130-135kph in tests, in ODI he is 140kph+ and has amazing figures.
Wonder if he has worked on his fitness to bowl fast in Tests, guess we will find out 2mrw

Well it was a big blow for us that Misbah left. So evens it out.

Guess some debutante will now walk in and destroy our batting....

Back